TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: TFD Mid-Season Round Up EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: TFD Mid-Season Round Up EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: TFD Mid-Season Round Up EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: TFD Mid-Season Round Up EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: TFD Mid-Season Round Up EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: TFD Mid-Season Round Up EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: TFD Mid-Season Round Up EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: TFD Mid-Season Round Up EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: TFD Mid-Season Round Up EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: TFD Mid-Season Round Up

Go down

DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: TFD Mid-Season Round Up Empty DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: TFD Mid-Season Round Up

Waiting to Compete

TORA Formula Drift has come to its mid-season with three rounds gone and three left to run its definitely living up to the excitement I thought it could provide to TORA in the form of this alternative motorsport.

Magictap Banking TFD R3

After Three rounds I think there has been a few surprises in the series, however the biggest for me was the emergence of Magictap as a Title contender right from Round 1. Most famed for his hot lap abilities, Magictap surprised everybody with his Drift skills.

SBR Sky Drift

Round 1 was a shock to the system for everyone I think, I know it was for me! TORA’s unique rule set meaning that Tire wear was an issue as was tire temperature (something that isn’t an issue with the usual Forza 3 Lobby Hopper lobby) This hampered many drivers throughout the event as cold tires changing to overheating tires throughout the single lap hurt performances and ego’s amongst the TFD competitors.

It wouldn’t be fair to say I was expecting a win at Round 1, I’d had a small chance to tweak the setup for the tire conditions but hadn’t fixed the problems yet, but with only the Two Previous SBR 800K Challenges to judge how I’d do, I was feeling quietly confident, Magictap took the win that day and with it the championship lead, but with me in 2nd, it was still all to play for in the title chase.

SBR at Road Atlanta

And so to Round 2 and the birthplace of Formula Drift USA, Road Atlanta. The month’s gap between rounds had given me chance to re-engineer the SBR Falken Rockstar Saturn Sky to TORA spec. A new differential, rear wing, springs and suspension were utilised to bring the Sky back into contention.

Slider S15's SBR Saturn Sky V8

And boy did it!!

I managed to fly through 3 solid runs (although run 1 was a bit scruffy) and took the Win at TFD Round 2, Putting myself and the SBR Sky squarely back in contention for the Title.

SBR Boys TFD R3

And so to Round 3 and the last event before the mid season. Myself and Magictap were tied for the Championship lead and each were hungry to pull ahead into the #1 spot. Run 1 was terrible, scoreing 10,000 points less than I was expecting on a run and landing myself in 3rd place out of 4, behind Magictap and SBR Team Mate Sam Billing1991 in his new SBR Sumo Power S15.

Slider S15 SBR Falken Sky V8 TFD R3

Run 2 and 3 I was seriously on it, pushing as hard as I dared to close the gap to the others, scoring the biggest run of the day by 1500 points. But it wasn’t enough….

I lost the win by just over 300 points, a tiny margin…. I was gutted.

Slider S15 Pitlane TFD R3

And so here at the halfway stage, I’m 2nd in the title chase and still in with a shout of the title.

I’ll be honest, that loss hit me harder than any other I’ve experienced in my year and a half at TORA. Worse than Rolling at the TRC Germany when I thought I’d lost the title, harder than all the lag outs, crashes and even being taken out on the last bend whilst in 3rd in the loath-able SBR Civic Type R TCC back in my first season. Those 300 points hurt, that I’d crumbled so terribly on that first lap really got to me for a bit.

Blurred drift

However TFD 2010 has helped me a lot, I was afraid that after I won the TRC Title I might have lost the fire and drive to fight it out again, in a Kimmi Raikkonen having a Magnum kinda way. However I can honestly say the fire is back and burning harder than ever! I’ve got a sniff of that second top line title now and I want it, and I’m now armed with the self belief and championship winning experience of my TRC Championship earlier this year.

SBR at Road Atlanta

The Success in TFD has also bought with it good business to SBR Driftworks with 7 cars in TFD built by SBR and 6 of those built personally by me TFD has been a great boost for SBR, so much so that were giving a little back in the form of the TFD Guest car which will run for the 2nd half of the season in the hands of 3 different drivers, whilst being tuned and prepared before every round by me, along side the SBR Falken Rockstar Saturn Sky V8.

Looking ahead the second half of the season brings some great tracks and I for see some great battles, and a Championship title race that goes down to the wire…. Last round…. Last run….. Winner take all….(it could happen!)

Slider S15 Art TFD R3

As for the car, there are no changes planned between now and the end of the season, just some subtle setup tweaks and running Balls Out!!!
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: TFD Mid-Season Round Up :: Comments

nickyf1

Post Mon 4 Oct 2010 - 17:19 by nickyf1

The Saturn V in all its glory Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Slider S15

Post Mon 18 Oct 2010 - 11:12 by Slider S15

Ive been having a think, and for me to win the title outright i have to WIN the rest of the Events based on the current form of me and Magic (swapping between 1st and 2nd)

One more 2nd place to Magic and all i can do is draw..... two more times loosing out to Magictap and I can kiss the Title goodbye.....

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down