TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
If it happens in the forest, hear about it here. - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
If it happens in the forest, hear about it here. - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
If it happens in the forest, hear about it here. - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
If it happens in the forest, hear about it here. - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
If it happens in the forest, hear about it here. - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
If it happens in the forest, hear about it here. - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
If it happens in the forest, hear about it here. - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
If it happens in the forest, hear about it here. - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
If it happens in the forest, hear about it here. - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

If it happens in the forest, hear about it here.

+12
Slider S15
PLOW tubbi
VVV GunDaM
lfcnicklfc
XPR Roadrunner
Ax4x Chaddy
LMR BlackHawk
Beanz
F4H Lotterer
Matt
CQR Rogue
nickyf1
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

If it happens in the forest, hear about it here. - Page 2 Empty Re: If it happens in the forest, hear about it here.

Post by Beanz Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 6:14

He just kept that sucker planted!
I'll give him one thing, he's committed! lol!
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

If it happens in the forest, hear about it here. - Page 2 Empty Re: If it happens in the forest, hear about it here.

Post by nickyf1 Thu 18 Oct 2012 - 11:30

So, aye, Ford have pulled out for 2013. Latvala moves to VW.

Citroen - Hirvonen - Loeb (part-time) - ?? (Thierry Neuville?)
VW - Ogier - Latvala
M-Sport - Solberg - ??
Prodrive - ??

I hope some of the talent from the IRC will migrate over. Drivers like Hanninen, Kopecky, Mikkelson and Breen should be in the WRC.

Then there's the question of what drivers like Novikov, Atkinson, Ketomaa, Tanak, Wilson, Sordo and Prokop will do..
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 18 Oct 2012 - 12:02

pro drive are running private fords next year
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Thu 18 Oct 2012 - 12:13

SelectiveRogue wrote:pro drive are running private fords next year

Really? I'd love for them to get another works contract for 2014. But it's good to see Prodrive sticking with it.

Where will those two Mini's go?

Depressing stuff for the WRC in 2013. Seeing a Citroen/VW/Ford factory fight would have been fun. I just wish VAG and PSA would develop WRC kits for their respective S2000 Fabia and R5 208..

nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 18 Oct 2012 - 12:32

minis entered 2013 privater as well.

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Thu 18 Oct 2012 - 13:08

A mini, bloody hell, anybody else getting a 1970's flash back, our am I just too old Question
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Thu 18 Oct 2012 - 13:45

Was watching the women's golf last night. They were crap at driving but amazing with an iron
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 17:01

Less than a month now til the beginning of the season!

It all kicks off with the first round of the newly rebooted ERC - The Janner Rallye: A classic winter asphalt event in Austria. An event I'm particularly looking forward to. Especially with the debut of the 208 R5!

Then, after that, it's time for the Monte on the 16th, the first round of the WRC, with VW debuting it's brand new Polo!
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Fri 28 Dec 2012 - 19:07

Slightly off topic, Solberg has been making big hints that his immediate future will lye with Rallycross, although he hasnt said where yet...
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Fri 28 Dec 2012 - 21:49

I'd imagine that'd be European Rallycross. I hear M-Sport are building fiestas to Supercar regs.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Fri 28 Dec 2012 - 22:14

nickyf1 wrote:I'd imagine that'd be European Rallycross. I hear M-Sport are building fiestas to Supercar regs.

Not sure its built by M-Sport but Ken Block's Global Rallycross Fiesta is based on the WRC car so it definately works. I think commercially it would be more beneficial for Solberg to do GRC since the coverage and sponsorship is there and its a growing series.

But hey thats just me lol
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sun 30 Dec 2012 - 19:22

RX Supercars are not based on the WRC cars. It's explicitly forbidden in the regulations (in Europe, at least).

Olsbergs MSE currently build Fiestas, and M-Sport will be competing with their own Fiestas next season.

For me, the ERC is still what it's all about. I really did not enjoy watching the GRC in 2012. Awful tracks. And, whether people like it or not, the ERC is undergoing a revamp. Unfortunately, this has meant some classic staples of the season are missing.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Sun 30 Dec 2012 - 22:52

nickyf1 wrote:RX Supercars are not based on the WRC cars. It's explicitly forbidden in the regulations (in Europe, at least).

In Europe yes, in America no.

I've enjoyed the GRC but must concede that the driver safety has been unacceptable on more than on occasion (especially X-Games!) But the series is gaining interest and the sponsorship and coverage are both there as are the big names (in the US atleast) which should see the series continue to grow.

After the success of Loeb and Gronholm its got to be attractive for other EX-WRC drivers. AND if rumours are be believed VW are considering a works backed effort based on their Polo WRC.

I am looking forward to the ERC revamp though and hopefully watching Mr Foust have another shot at the title...

On a side note there are strong rumours of Citroen entering WTCC in 2014, which COULD spell the end for their WRC programme...
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 19:15

[quote="Slider S15"]
nickyf1 wrote:
After the success of Loeb and Gronholm its got to be attractive for other EX-WRC drivers. AND if rumours are be believed VW are considering a works backed effort based on their Polo WRC.

I think you mean this?

Anton Marklund's Polo Supercar for ERC - http://erc24.com/archives/8565

There are rumours of Per Eklund building a VW Beetle for GRC.

And I though Ken Block's cars were Olsbergs MSE?
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 19:54

nickyf1 wrote:
Slider S15 wrote:After the success of Loeb and Gronholm its got to be attractive for other EX-WRC drivers. AND if rumours are be believed VW are considering a works backed effort based on their Polo WRC.

I think you mean this?

Anton Marklund's Polo Supercar for ERC - http://erc24.com/archives/8565

There are rumours of Per Eklund building a VW Beetle for GRC.

And I though Ken Block's cars were Olsbergs MSE?

Beetle sounds cool Very Happy

No not Marklund's Polo it was actual VW said they were considering it after their executives saw X-Games.
http://erc24.com/archives/7092

Block's first Fiesta was an Olsbergs, his 2012 car is an EX-WRC Fiesta.
http://www.egmcartech.com/2011/07/26/ken-block-ford-fiesta-rs-wrc-hfhv/ (not the first article i've seen it in but it'll do lol)
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Thu 3 Jan 2013 - 17:55

http://www.fiaerc.com/news/detail/id/45
Kopecky goes fastest in the first shakedown in Austria. Francois Delecour, in the 207, goes second fastest.

Day 1 coverage will be on Eurosport tomorrow at 23:30.

I was expecting live TV, like with the IRC, but, oh well Sad

nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 15:54

Global Rallycross 2013 Round 1/X-Games Brazil:

Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 16:01

Poor driving in the X Games
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 16:09

Yes there was, very disappointed to loose Foust like that in the Final Sad
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 16:19

That woman comms girl she loved it and really bigged up that driving style. Just shocking and a joke. The three top guys all getting taken out in that final. I was quite suprised to see 6 cars make it to the grid after it.
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Tue 30 Apr 2013 - 14:26

Only just saw this on TV yesterday, also spotted a Rogue van in the background early on Wink
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

TORA Race Number : TBD
Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3833
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Tue 28 May 2013 - 0:28

For anyone who wants to be whisked back to the days of Makkinen, McRae, Burns, Gronholm, Rovenperra, Panizzi, Sainz and co, then listen to the first song in this:
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Sat 29 Jun 2013 - 17:05

Great Race for GRC today. BIG step back up after last times rain out.

Still some deplorable driving at times but this time backed by some amazing racecraft as well.

Looking forward to the 2nd race tomorow
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Zakspeed Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 19:28

Man killed at Ravens Rock in Co.Waterford rally today in a Toyota Starlet. Thoughts go out to his friends and family Sad
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Zakspeed

TORA Race Number : 62
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2012-07-19

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Thu 9 Jan 2014 - 0:14

WRC anyone? The driver line up this year is very different, with two brits in works drives. Monte Carlo should be a cracker!

Citroen have scaled back to two cars this year. Northern Ireland's Kris Meeke is now their full time number one, and it's great to finally see the guy get a proper chance. Mads Ostberg also joins the team from M-Sport.

Volkswagen's title winning duo of Ogier and Latvala return. They are the favourites, definitely.

M-Sport's line up, like that of Citroen, is also totally different this season. Mikko Hirvonen rejoins his old team as number one, with support from Elfyn Evans (Son of Welsh rally legend Gwyndaf Evans - think MG S1600) and... Robert Kubica (who just won the ERCs opening event, the Jannerrallye, in a Fiesta RRC).

Hyundai return to the sport for the first time since 2003 with a very strong, attacking line up. Neuville, Sordo, Hanninen and Atkinson form the four pronged effort. Should be a great act to watch, and it's great that another manufacturer has joined and allowed these drivers a proper shot at the season.

nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum