TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Make the TROC better EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Make the TROC better EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Make the TROC better EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Make the TROC better EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Make the TROC better EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Make the TROC better EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Make the TROC better EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Make the TROC better EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Make the TROC better EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Make the TROC better

+10
Hailfire97x
Ax4x Chaddy
Richy59
F4H Lotterer
RumbleBee 392
TheAngryPudding
Dav of Krypton
TG Wormburner
TPR b0x
JAMIE ANDERS0N
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Make the TROC better Empty Make the TROC better

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 12:00

Wacth the live stream or took part in the TROC and think that something is missing or should do something different?

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions here.

All suggestions and feedback welcome

Regards

JAMIE ANDERS0N (0 = a number) previously BG Chucky 82

TORA

Follow me on Twitter: JAMIE__ANDERS0N

Make the TROC better I6ugkpwMake the TROC better 10YNCX2Make the TROC better SBgWF6e
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Make the TROC better Empty Re: Make the TROC better

Post by TPR b0x Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 14:10

Maybe best of 3 in the elimination rounds already.

TPR b0x

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 14:26

I watched nearly all of it and I agree with b0x. Best of three would be awesome. I really liked the format.

I also think the stream should always be done in bumper cam. It's more intense and you can see the mistakes being made. Replay mode just looked like a cruise. When I mentioned it the streaming folks did change it which was nice.

It was fun to watch, especially the amount of times the Wall of Champions was smashed.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav of Krypton Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 15:16

Hi its been a while. Smile loved the idea, never seen it before. It's like special stages etc which was always a favourite of mine, especially in rally and DTM. I agree with box and worm. The elims was a bit short and could have changed the outcome over 3 heats.
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

TORA Race Number : 187
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 15:19

I liked the idea behind the leaf. Maybe use a car nobody will have used in a TORA series that year, a spec Toyota Aygo for example

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 15:42

Only change I can think of is to cross over the semi-final line-ups, so that groups A & B don't race each other again (as happened with me and Box) - it should be A & C and B & D, if that makes sense!

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 16:00

+1 Magic, I never understood the bracket at first but once our group stage was done and I saw where you and Box were, I did bring that up in the race thread.

Cars were great, tho I never got to be in the Leaf. But for the eliminations rounds, have totally different cars from the group races. I think Box races the ISCC Chevy some 3 times...
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 16:37

no more Nissan leaf that was super gay but apart from that i thought the whole event was mint Wink
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 17:37

TPR b0x wrote:Maybe best of 3 in the elimination rounds already.

I will put that in some tables and see how it works.

Thanks

VVV worm wrote:I watched nearly all of it and I agree with b0x. Best of three would be awesome. I really liked the format.

I also think the stream should always be done in bumper cam. It's more intense and you can see the mistakes being made. Replay mode just looked like a cruise. When I mentioned it the streaming folks did change it which was nice.

It was fun to watch, especially the amount of times the Wall of Champions was smashed.

Each year I learn more and more, you put staff down on paper and it looks good but in practice it dont always go so great, I will have a look at how much time 2/3 race go in the knockout rounds.

The stream I had no control over and I only saw it a few times over the night but re watched it last night, the replay camera angles the game gives for this track aint really the best even worse when in reverse.

The wall (that wall again, Wall of Champions, Wall of noobs) was an added feature that i did not plan to arrive

Dav of Krypton wrote:Hi its been a while. Smile loved the idea, never seen it before. It's like special stages etc which was always a favourite of mine, especially in rally and DTM. I agree with box and worm. The elims was a bit short and could have changed the outcome over 3 heats.

Like the last two posts yes I will look at this and see how it pans out, glad you enjoyed it and not seen you in ages welcome back.

mjg36 wrote:I liked the idea behind the leaf. Maybe use a car nobody will have used in a TORA series that year, a spec Toyota Aygo for example

Yes it was a car that nobody would guess and wanted to add a surprise factor into the evening, did not have to full effect as I wanted but that was manly down the the quietness.

CQR MAGiC wrote:Only change I can think of is to cross over the semi-final line-ups, so that groups A & B don't race each other again (as happened with me and Box) - it should be A & C and B & D, if that makes sense!

Yes agree totally and it will never happen again and big mistake and should have noticed that before the event, problem with using different spreadsheets I was not setting them up together. Also you both raced the same car in them rounds also, I like the idea of the Champions car and it worked really well but was a nightmare to plan with the driver not to use there own car, when you two raced I was down to a choice of 4 and with using different spreadsheets did not notice for one you raced each other before and secondly in the car I was making you race again. I like the idea someone says below.

XPR Soundwave wrote:+1 Magic, I never understood the bracket at first but once our group stage was done and I saw where you and Box were, I did bring that up in the race thread.

Cars were great, tho I never got to be in the Leaf. But for the eliminations rounds, have totally different cars from the group races. I think Box races the ISCC Chevy some 3 times...

I +1 your +1, I was far too busy to check any threads or anything as I could have changed it if I saw your message.

Yeah i like that, group stage cars then main event cars.

IRT Trash wrote:no more Nissan leaf that was super gay but apart from that i thought the whole event was mint Wink

Ok ok no more leaf blower cars lol Thanks

Regards

TORA

Make the TROC better I6ugkpwMake the TROC better 10YNCX2Make the TROC better SBgWF6e
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 17:52

I think you did really well Jamie, it was excellent. Tsukuba was much more exciting track for it as well.

All I will say about adding 'best of' rounds is it may make it much longer, and we were already feeling it after 3 hours - especially commentating.

Stream wise we were just playing around and mixed it up a bit. On board is good to see the drivers, but personally I liked how the replay cams showed it off in a much more action orientated way. maybe next time we will have the possibility of having a camera on each car, and one doing replay mode.

Make the TROC better C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 18:20

How about two lobbys and a stream in each lobby to make it quicker? Viewers can choose who they wish to follow?

Id like slower cars to be in it next year but they get quicker as the night goes on.

How about point to point races?
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 18:39

Richy59 wrote:I think you did really well Jamie, it was excellent. Tsukuba was much more exciting track for it as well.

All I will say about adding 'best of' rounds is it may make it much longer, and we were already feeling it after 3 hours - especially commentating.

Stream wise we were just playing around and mixed it up a bit. On board is good to see the drivers, but personally I liked how the replay cams showed it off in a much more action orientated way. maybe next time we will have the possibility of having a camera on each car, and one doing replay mode.

I agree with the time factor, I think the limit should be 2 and a half hours that's why I said I will look into it and see how it works.

FranchittiFan wrote:How about two lobbys and a stream in each lobby to make it quicker? Viewers can choose who they wish to follow?

Id like slower cars to be in it next year but they get quicker as the night goes on.

How about point to point races?

I would prefere that it was just one lobby at a time is being shown live, if that was not in it then I could do more then one lobby at a time like I thought of before the whole Live was introduced into the picture

Regards

TORA

JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 19:24

Sent this back to ya Chucky, but I wanted to see what the community thought?
Thanks bud, yeah it's all good. I didn't make it far haha or I would contacted online. But how about with that you can try,

A) two groups of 6, 5 or 10 lap race, random grid with top 2 advancing into a one-on-one best of 3 elimination rounds. Car used in group races is a spec car for TRoC only. Then the eleminations round involve the championship cars. Which would be 6 different cars, 3 cars for semi and 3 cars for final/runner-up

B) Sam format as above, but use a qualifying with said spec car or a qually car. Races are inverted from Qualifying line-up.

C) 3 group races of 4 drivers, random grid with top 2 advancing and then run the elimination rounds like said earlier. As well using using same car format.

D) same as above but using the qually set-up from option B.

Just some ideas, that involve hot-lap/qualifier driving and competition racing with the final rounds being similar what you did already. Maybe incorporating the one of the best of three rounds a one-on-one 3 lap race so the finals aren't just a hot-lap session?
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailfire97x Thu 10 Jan 2013 - 22:13

CQR MAGiC wrote:Only change I can think of is to cross over the semi-final line-ups, so that groups A & B don't race each other again (as happened with me and Box) - it should be A & C and B & D, if that makes sense!

Agreed.

Also, not to whine, but I hated going against a CQR guy in anything where the front drive wheels operate. It's just not a fair fight. I don't know how you can even that out, but for me it was downright embarrassing to lose by 2 seconds after sweeping the first round--that's why I went immediately offline.
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

TORA Race Number : 9
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Thu 10 Jan 2013 - 22:44

Before the event I got my arse handed to my by Simon by about 3 seconds in the Feista, considering I have driven this track many times and it was Simon's first attempt at it how do you think that made me feel lol.

It was a random choice of cars, only limits were the owner not driving there own car, to put other limits into effect is not right

Regards

TORA

JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 1:15

I was finally able to watch the stream last night and I must say it looked freakin amazing!

I really want to try to win a race this year to be eligible!

as for improvements, other than the previously mentioned, I can't think of any other than more cars.
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 7:46

Hailfire97x wrote:

Agreed.

Also, not to whine, but I hated going against a CQR guy in anything where the front drive wheels operate. It's just not a fair fight. I don't know how you can even that out, but for me it was downright embarrassing to lose by 2 seconds after sweeping the first round--that's why I went immediately offline.

Going against some of them in RWD or AWD would end in the same result for most people. Fast is fast, drivetrain doesn't matter.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 8:48

exactly fast no matter what you drive

Make the TROC better 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 9:26

I think the cars should be revealed & released later rather than an hour before the event.
The idea I have in mind is that no-one should be able to practice before the event even begins because they won't know what cars will be used for the event. So when the TROC atcually starts, the drivers will have to cope with the machines in the best way they can.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 10:21

Dan I agree with this but is impossible to do, as proved on the Live Stream. The Leaf was given out just before the race, someone (like duncan) quickly got in the car and tried it out while I was sending invites out I cant stop anyone from doing that, it is even worse in the group stage where lets say I relise the cars at 19:50 for 20:00 start but group D wasnt starting till 21:30 so they had access to the cars for 1 and a half hours before the event. You could say dont invite them to the car club untill there group is about to start but not everyone wants to join the car club. How about me sending out the cars to all, then it gives the car tunes unlocked for them to be tweaked with. And of course if I was able to do all of the above what happens after there group has finished the people who advance can then practice lol

Regards

TORA

JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 10:28

Even having the tune of the storefront isnt a safety net , all you need to do is remove the tune and re install the parts and tune to your liking.

The only way to be safe is to have it written in the rules that ALL drivers must join the club for the event i really cant see a issue providing the clubs leaders are in the loop and dont think the driver in question has just quit.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 10:30

But what if it is the club leader?

The other issue is if your the last member of the club you cant leave it

Regards

TORA

JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 10:36

a club leader can still leave and return and be promoted back to leader , if your the last remaining member i guess your club has issues Hilarious
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailfire97x Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 10:41

VVV worm wrote:
Hailfire97x wrote:
Agreed.

Going against some of them in RWD or AWD would end in the same result for most people. Fast is fast, drivetrain doesn't matter.

I agree with you, to a point. I do think that I had an advantage in the TASCAR over Aero, just like MaGiC had a slight advantage with the Fiesta. Its something that can't be helped, and I know it. It took what was me being slower (I knew I would be) and extended the deficit.

I'm hardly complaining, either, but I really did feel out of place in that. I felt like I let down my first-round group.

But hell, I do admit he was faster. Cool
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

TORA Race Number : 9
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 12:17

This isn't directed square at you but it's a common misconception to a lot of people.

Regardless of drivetrain it is on you to be faster in all of them and not the series organizers to cater to everyone's strengths (it's impossible). CQR guys are fast in FWD and have a slight advantage but give another guy that is fast a FWD and a couple days and he will be right there with them. You're talking two tenths here, not seconds.

Look back on this site or any other, check a leaderboard, whatever you want and the same people are ahead of everyone and the same people are grouped up on the leaderboards just like they are in a lobby. Doesn't matter the drivetrain and it never will.

I can give Magic a FWD car, a RWD car, an R1 car, or an D350 car and he's going to excel in it. Same goes for b0x or anyone else. It doesn't matter what happens he will do well.

NASCAR, ovals, drag racing, and drifting are completely different from circuit racing.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down