TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion

+82
MotoYeti
CalgonUK
TfRsmokinmasta
Beanz
Mrbrown33
Simon 0ne
SnippetyOggy86
DruggedUpDonkey
TLR Scrublord
xVampirAx
IRT Flag
CQR Aero
F4H Button
CQR Deuce
LSR SCHIWO
TfR StoneDef
Satircz
CRA XenoMorph
Emw Holty
BAM Python
CRA Ling Dingo
Diablo 29x
xI ROSS 86 Ix
Racert46
jamin811
The Posimosh
Mandown46
Standaman94
Wooflers
DOR Dartman
ClydeYellow
AndyT306
HCR Karma
Rabbit0317
CQR Champion
LAPI74
lipixbox
Morne in Glory
FDkeisuke3S
DeweyTee
BG Scarlett
CQR Myles
CQR Vapor
SorrySmithy
TfR Arcanum
Demo Marksman
S2M Ranger
SparingArc1
RSR TRIKSTA
Dav of Krypton
Tray
LastNewtStandin
XPR Clutch
CQR Stevie
RumbleBee 392
Racing Dk
HLR Guru
TfR Milton
Crisis Nine
Duke of Bruno
MAJ0R LAZER
Hainesy
Ax4x Cowboy
CQR Senna
PLOW tubbi
BG Wingnut396
ckBrenneke
theboomeranga
CQR Jono
Mr Akina
Ax4x Kane
TG Wormburner
Amarth
CQR HABURi
Ax4x Chaddy
F4H Lotterer
lfcnicklfc
XPR Roadrunner
Ax4x Mikey J
CQR Rogue
JAMIE ANDERS0N
Richy59
86 posters

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by BG Wingnut396 Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 21:46

Just hoping to get hold of the sentra so gonna have to be quick
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

TORA Race Number : 148
Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by BG Scarlett Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 21:59

BG Wingnut396 wrote:Just hoping to get hold of the sentra so gonna have to be quick

That Sentra is amazing with the new PI rating. Totally transformed the car from last years dog!
BG Scarlett
BG Scarlett

TORA Race Number : 106
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-02-28

http://www.britishgamers.enjin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 22:12

CQR Jono wrote:
Flyin Mikey J wrote:
CQR Jono wrote:The only people that should be worried is anyone planning on running the BMW 135 - there were at least 6 one of the races last night. There are going to be some disappointed people on Friday!!

Really? I figured it would be the 07 Honda, Seat and a KIA that caused a ruckus come Friday. scratch

If last nights test session is a decent barometer then those 3 will be fine........but there'll be a virtual queue round the corner for BMW keys Laughing

The que should be around the Megane, '07 Civic, BMW 135i, and maybe the SEAT. That BMW isn't as fast as the Megane and it's RWD. If it gets hit from behind it's toast where the FWD's won't matter much.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 22:15

No one wanting the Scion then? I only picked it as it vaguely looks like a Toyota Avensis. And I'm a BTCC Speedworks fan Razz
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 22:22

VVV worm wrote:
CQR Jono wrote:
Flyin Mikey J wrote:
CQR Jono wrote:The only people that should be worried is anyone planning on running the BMW 135 - there were at least 6 one of the races last night. There are going to be some disappointed people on Friday!!

Really? I figured it would be the 07 Honda, Seat and a KIA that caused a ruckus come Friday. scratch

If last nights test session is a decent barometer then those 3 will be fine........but there'll be a virtual queue round the corner for BMW keys Laughing

The que should be around the Megane, '07 Civic, BMW 135i, and maybe the SEAT. That BMW isn't as fast as the Megane and it's RWD. If it gets hit from behind it's toast where the FWD's won't matter much.

I think people are being blinded by the fact the BMW's can make a few places off the start line - they prefer to gain easy places rather than worry about outright pace Rolling Eyes
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Demo Marksman Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 22:46

FWD is defo faster, but the RWD have such a ridiculious start of the line, I know it would probably be to finicky, but maybe we just should put 0.5-1 second delay on the RWD starts? Just to give the FWDs a fighting chance.

Of course an easy fix would just be to do a rolling start
Demo Marksman
Demo Marksman

TORA Race Number : 364
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 22:55

That is asking for trouble Demo and anyway RWD cars have a lower PI so it balances out
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Akina Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:02

It works in the BTCC. It also makes the challenge more exciting. Although I'll be swearing along with all the other FWD racers' when the lights go out.
Mr Akina
Mr Akina

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:09

Demo Marksman wrote:FWD is defo faster, but the RWD have such a ridiculious start of the line, I know it would probably be to finicky, but maybe we just should put 0.5-1 second delay on the RWD starts? Just to give the FWDs a fighting chance.

Are you thinking straight by even saying RWD should have a start delay? Suspect

The RWD are quicker off the line YES but we the testing group came up with the warm up/ standing starts system to EVEN the starts up and make it up to the driver to get the car off the line.

FWD cars ARE faster on the first lap thats a given, but the RWD cars get faster over the race and by say lap 3/4 should be bang on the temp of the FWD cars.

All the cars have been tested by great drivers here on TORA and made as close as we can. We have to cap the cars off not some point in the rules or the drivers would only be in the BMW/Renault or Seat and thats not the point of a touring car championship. Yes those cars are a little tiny bit better but tuning and working on understanding the car you choose may make it even quicker than those 3.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:11

BG Hainesy wrote:
PLOW tubbi wrote:with a better paint job too Wink
Oi Mr PLOW (through Hainesy) Tubbi Shocked

If you were going faster I wouldn't hit you coming out of a corner (meow Bitch scratch) Razz
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:13

Sorry Franchitti, it's Forza. All the tuning practicing and driving in the world won't make those cars any better. It's the nature of the game. I feel sorry for whomever picks the damn Subaru.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:16

don't you mean the "Subapoo"
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:16

PLOW tubbi wrote:
BG Hainesy wrote:

If you were going faster I wouldn't hit you coming out of a corner (meow Bitch scratch) Razz
Would you like a saucer of milk sir Razz
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:17

I reckon it would Worm motorsport ain't about just jumping in a car and driving its about the effort you put in the car (tuning) and track, even in a game. I did alot of laps with Daniel while testing of the GTs and look were that got me.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:18

BG Hainesy wrote:
PLOW tubbi wrote:
BG Hainesy wrote:

Would you like a saucer of milk sir Razz
straight from the breast!
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Scarlett Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:19

Just don't pick the Sentra, that's mine. Very Happy
BG Scarlett
BG Scarlett

TORA Race Number : 106
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-02-28

http://www.britishgamers.enjin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:20

I wish skoda was on the game, some good cars
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Bruno Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:21

Demo Marksman wrote:FWD is defo faster, but the RWD have such a ridiculious start of the line, I know it would probably be to finicky, but maybe we just should put 0.5-1 second delay on the RWD starts? Just to give the FWDs a fighting chance.

Sorry, but, I read that as ...

Demo Marksman wrote:FWD is faster than RWD, but, we should eliminate the one place where RWD has an advantage over FWD.

Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:22

Decision coming soon about the car sign ups.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:22

FranchittiFan wrote:I reckon it would Worm motorsport ain't about just jumping in a car and driving its about the effort you put in the car (tuning) and track, even in a game. I did alot of laps with Daniel while testing of the GTs and look were that got me.

Put the same amount of time into the better cars and you will improve just as much in those or more.

I know what motorsport is and I also know what this game is. I really doubt I need tuning advice.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit0317 Fri 15 Feb 2013 - 3:46

As this will only be my first TCC series I know I will just have to wait and see what cars are better than others. My only concern and input on this is that all of the series seem to be swayed by who's in what car and less of who's just the best driver. There also seems to be a huge gap in the same car between two equal drives just because one person knows how to build a better car than the other. In real-world series like the World Challenge their are more defined rules for all of the cars and how they are built. Mandatory tire sizes, weight, Hp are all governed by the series so that each car is equal throughout the series. Now I know that would require a lot of time and effort for the TORA organizers to try and make all of the cars even but then it would just come down to the driver and the set-up on the car and not the build.

Again in know it would be a major undertaking to make a specific tune and build for each car listed in this series and make them even. I'm also sure that the series would be much more competitive and more enjoyable for those who will be entering it as well.

Just my two cents! Sorry for the long post.
Rabbit0317
Rabbit0317

TORA Race Number : 326
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2013-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Vapor Fri 15 Feb 2013 - 5:40

Rabbit0317 wrote:As this will only be my first TCC series I know I will just have to wait and see what cars are better than others. My only concern and input on this is that all of the series seem to be swayed by who's in what car and less of who's just the best driver. There also seems to be a huge gap in the same car between two equal drives just because one person knows how to build a better car than the other. In real-world series like the World Challenge their are more defined rules for all of the cars and how they are built. Mandatory tire sizes, weight, Hp are all governed by the series so that each car is equal throughout the series. Now I know that would require a lot of time and effort for the TORA organizers to try and make all of the cars even but then it would just come down to the driver and the set-up on the car and not the build.

Again in know it would be a major undertaking to make a specific tune and build for each car listed in this series and make them even. I'm also sure that the series would be much more competitive and more enjoyable for those who will be entering it as well.

Just my two cents! Sorry for the long post.

I understand your concerns, but I assure you that the car list is balanced enough to have a fantastic series. Last year the racing was amazing from beginning to end. The Kia C'eed won the title and most of the races. In no way do I believe that it was the best car. I know the drivers of the car will agree with me. I think it was lucky to be in the top 3-5 cars available last year. Heck, I don't even think it was the best Kia in the series. The best drivers in the series won the title, not the best car. There are some duds on the car list that I would avoid to be sure. However, there are plenty of drivers that will be in the 6-7th best cars and be right there competing for a championship and race wins. I know within our team there is no consensus on the best car. We have about four different opinions. In actual touring car racing there is almost always a dominant manufacturer each year. I think there are at least 8-10 cars on the list this year that have a chance to win... And in the right hands, I think there are probably 12-15 that could win. I think we are in for some fantastic racing in every lobby with different manufacturers spotted all over the grid.
CQR Vapor
CQR Vapor

TORA Race Number : 701
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2012-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 15 Feb 2013 - 5:50

VVV worm wrote:Sorry Franchitti, it's Forza. All the tuning practicing and driving in the world won't make those cars any better. It's the nature of the game. I feel sorry for whomever picks the damn Subaru.

In testing, my team found the 2011 Subie to be by far the quickest car mid-apex. All sorts of corner speed with my tune. But we've decided to pass on it by a 3-2 vote in favor of the car we were getting the best lap times with at every track except Hockenheim.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit0317 Fri 15 Feb 2013 - 6:51

I do understand the drivers will make a huge difference. My concern is more about the randomness of the build itself on each car. I am very capable of actually tuning my car and adjusting the setting too suite the track and my driving style. However I'm not the greatest at picking witch parts for the build. I have read all of VVV Worm's tuning advice and have learned tons but as for a series like this you can go quickly in the wrong direction with the build and hence loose time! I'm a huge racing fan and have been working on cars and bikes for a long time and we all know that what works in Forza isn't the same in the real world. I just think it would could be closer series if their was more mandatory parts required in the build. Example: Tire width, Drivetrain, Weight reduction, Intake and Exhaust and so on.

I know it's tough too run these series and too keep all of the cars even but for those non-team drives and non-tuning gods it may help them be more competitive.

I will say in my short time being here in the series I have had tons of fun! I have also meet some very helpful people here on the forums willing to lend a hand too us newcomers and help us with tunes. So thanks too you guys who are helping out a lost newcomer!
Rabbit0317
Rabbit0317

TORA Race Number : 326
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2013-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Vapor Fri 15 Feb 2013 - 7:18

Rabbit, You are getting help from the right people... There are very few people who know the ins and outs of building and tuning in Forza than Worm. I would recommend choosing a FWD car for this series if you are new to tuning and building the cars... So many variables change the performance in a RWD car from track to track where a FWD car can run decent/good lap times in 1-2 builds/tunes throughout the series. FWD for the most part have similar tunes and react more predictably when making tuning changes. Feel free to PM me any time for advice or with questions. The goal is for every new person to enjoy racing at TORA as much as they can. I would like to see you have the best possible build/tune on your car so you can more accurately judge your driving skill during the races. Cheers, and welcome to TORA!
CQR Vapor
CQR Vapor

TORA Race Number : 701
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2012-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next