TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion

+82
MotoYeti
CalgonUK
TfRsmokinmasta
Beanz
Mrbrown33
Simon 0ne
SnippetyOggy86
DruggedUpDonkey
TLR Scrublord
xVampirAx
IRT Flag
CQR Aero
F4H Button
CQR Deuce
LSR SCHIWO
TfR StoneDef
Satircz
CRA XenoMorph
Emw Holty
BAM Python
CRA Ling Dingo
Diablo 29x
xI ROSS 86 Ix
Racert46
jamin811
The Posimosh
Mandown46
Standaman94
Wooflers
DOR Dartman
ClydeYellow
AndyT306
HCR Karma
Rabbit0317
CQR Champion
LAPI74
lipixbox
Morne in Glory
FDkeisuke3S
DeweyTee
BG Scarlett
CQR Myles
CQR Vapor
SorrySmithy
TfR Arcanum
Demo Marksman
S2M Ranger
SparingArc1
RSR TRIKSTA
Dav of Krypton
Tray
LastNewtStandin
XPR Clutch
CQR Stevie
RumbleBee 392
Racing Dk
HLR Guru
TfR Milton
Crisis Nine
Duke of Bruno
MAJ0R LAZER
Hainesy
Ax4x Cowboy
CQR Senna
PLOW tubbi
BG Wingnut396
ckBrenneke
theboomeranga
CQR Jono
Mr Akina
Ax4x Kane
TG Wormburner
Amarth
CQR HABURi
Ax4x Chaddy
F4H Lotterer
lfcnicklfc
XPR Roadrunner
Ax4x Mikey J
CQR Rogue
JAMIE ANDERS0N
Richy59
86 posters

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by Demo Marksman Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 19:49

SelectiveRogue wrote:
Myles Prower wrote:
Dav of Krypton wrote:I honestly cannot believe people blaming hosts to be at fault with connection issues. The NAT issues are a problem for each individual not just the host.
It was an issue with the host though, 5 people in that lobby were affected while they could connect to qualifying host with no issue

Sorry but no.

I have hosted for 6 years here.

No issues.

5 drivers

Your team couldnt connect.

I was told 2 of your team have moderate NATs

1 of your team connected and lagged out in the lobby

x2 other drivers left due to time dealy I was informed.

Only issues I get are when drivers have Moderate NAT settings or incorrect ports.

If you see here and make sure you do the following - http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t9650-getting-an-open-nat

What is NAT?

NAT, or Network Address Translation, is a networking concept that allows your router to share a single IP address across multiple devices. Instead of your Internet service provider (ISP) assigning an IP address to every device that connects to the Internet, NAT allows your ISP to assign a single IP address to your router. The router then manages a set of IP addresses for all the devices on your home network.

When you have a NAT warning, you might experience the following symptoms:
•You cannot hear a player within a game or someone cannot hear you.
•You cannot join a party or your friend can’t join your party.

Some things to be aware of:
•NAT problems do not affect game play speed. A NAT warning affects the ability to connect and communicate with other players.
•If you are using a network at your workplace or college, there is a good chance that you are behind a proxy server or firewall, which is why you are experiencing NAT issues. Contact the network administrator for help.
•You should not experience a NAT warning if you are using a wired modem connection.
•If you’re using hardware that is compatible with Windows Vista or Windows 7, NAT issues should not occur.

Find out if you have a NAT warning

To find out if you have a NAT problem, test your connection. Here’s how:
1.Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings and then select System Settings.
2.Select Network Settings.
3.Select Wired Network or your wireless network name (if you are prompted to do so).
4.Select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

If you get a NAT error, you might not be able to join some games or hear other players when playing games online.

To resolve the NAT problem, try the following solutions.

Resolving NAT issues

Solution 1: Restart your network equipment

Solution 2: Turn on UPnP on your network hardware

Solution 3: Simplify your setup

Solution 4: Open network ports

Solution 1: Restart your network equipment

1.Turn off your console and network hardware (for example, your modem and router).
2.Wait 30 seconds.
3.Turn on your modem and wait for it to come back online (approximately one minute).
4.Turn on the next piece of hardware (for example, the router), and wait another minute.
5.Repeat step 4 for every additional piece of network hardware.

Now test your connection again as described above. If you still receive a NAT warning, please try the next solution.

Solution 2: Turn on UPnP on your network hardware

Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) is a standard that helps routers communicate effectively.

If your router or gateway supports UPnP, make sure this setting is turned on. Refer to your hardware documentation for help turning on UPnP. Most hardware manufacturers have websites that include support information.

If you change the UPnP setting on your network hardware, restart your hardware and test your Xbox LIVE connection.

If you still receive a NAT warning, please try the next solution.

Solution 3: Simplify your setup
Your router or gateway might be having problems sharing an Internet connection. To see whether this is true, try simplifying your setup. Do one of the following:
•Wired connection: Temporarily unplug everything from your router, except the cable to your modem and the cable to your Xbox 360 console.
•Wireless connection: Temporarily turn off everything that's connected to your wireless network except your Xbox 360 console.

Now test your connection again as described above. If you do not receive a NAT warning after simplifying your setup, it suggests that the router is having problems handling multiple connections. To try to fix the problem, please go to the next solution.

Solution 4: Open network ports

Your network hardware or firewall might be blocking communication with the Xbox LIVE servers.

If you're connected to a network through your workplace or a school/university, ask the network administrator to open the following ports:
•Port 88 (UDP)
•Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
•Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
•Port 80 (TCP)

If you’re not connected to a workplace or college network, you need to open network ports on your network hardware. There are two ways to open network ports: port triggering, and port forwarding. Port triggering is the quickest way to open network ports, however, not all routers support port triggering. Check your router documentation to find out if port triggering is supported. If your router does not support port triggering, try port forwarding.

Method 1: Port triggering
When you set up port triggering on your router, you need to trigger the following ports:
•Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
•Port 88 (UDP)

Typically, you need to set the following for each port that needs triggering:

‘Application name’: Xbox LIVE ‘trigger port’ to UDP 88 and ‘forwarded port’ to UDP 88

Refer to your router documentation for information on how to set up port triggering.

Method 2: Port forwarding
Part 1: Switch to manual IP settings

Before opening ports on your network hardware, you need to get the IP settings from your computer and then use those IP settings on your Xbox 360 console.

Get your computer’s IP settings
1.On your computer, click Start, type cmd, and then press ENTER.

Note If you’re using Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
2.At the prompt, type ipconfig, and then press ENTER.
3.Find your network connection (for example, look for something called "Local Area Connection" or "Wireless Network Connection"). Write down the numbers for the following items:

◦IPv4 address (or IP address)
◦Subnet mask
◦Default gateway
4.Make up a unique IP address for your Xbox 360 console, and write it down. A simple way to do this is to add 10 to the last number of your computer’s default gateway address. For example, if your computer’s address is 192.168.1.1, use 192.168.1.11 for your console’s unique IP address.

Note Each IP address on your network must be unique.

Now you need to set your console’s IP settings.

Set your console’s IP settings
1.On your console, press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
2.Select Network Settings.
3.Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network (if you are prompted to do so).
4.Select Configure Network.
5.On the Basic Settings tab, select IP Settings.
6.Select Manual.
7.Select IP Address.
8.Enter the unique IP address that you made up, and then select Done.
9.Select Subnet Mask, enter your computer’s subnet mask, and then select Done.
10.Select Gateway, enter your computer’s default gateway, and then select Done.
11.Select Done.
12.Press B on your controller, and then test your connection again.

Part 2: Open ports on your router or gateway

Next, open ports on your router or gateway so that your network hardware can communicate with the Xbox LIVE servers.

Open ports on your router or gateway
1.Start your web browser.
2.In the Address bar, type the default IP address for your router or gateway, and then press ENTER. Here are the default IP addresses for a few router and gateway manufacturers:

Belkin: 192.168.2.1
Linksys by Cisco: 192.168.1.1
D-Link: 192.168.0.1
NETGEAR: 192.168.0.1. or 192.168.1.1

If your manufacturer is not listed above, refer to your documentation or your hardware manufacturer's website for help finding the default IP address.
3.Type your user name and password (for your router or gateway), and then click OK.

Note If you do not know the default user name and password, refer to your hardware manufacturer’s documentation.
4.Once you are logged in, you should see your router or gateway's configuration page.
5.Open the following ports:

◦Port 88 (UDP)
◦Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
◦Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
◦Port 80 (TCP)

A resource that might help you open ports on your router is the Port Forward website. Go to the Port Forwarding Guides for Xbox LIVE 360 page to find instructions for your router.

Tip The Port Forward website is available only in English. To translate the site, copy and paste the URL (www.portfoward.com) into a translation tool, such as Bing Translator.

For more help with opening network ports, contact whoever provides support for your router, such as your Internet service provider or router manufacturer.

Microsoft disclaims any and all liability arising out of your use of the third-party companies, software, solutions, services and training listed on the site. All software, solutions, services and training are provided "as is" and without warranty unless provided by the authoring third-party company.
Restart your network equipment http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live/connecting/nat-type-strict#efe7e8f9ed7044eeb82ac3962e8bb8bdRestart your network equipment

Even having moderate NAT shouldn't create problems (mines open anyway) because moderate can connect to everything except strict NAT. Furthermore I was running a wired connection and I could connect to qualifying and I never usually have a problem with connecting, I just have a tendency to disconnect because of crummy bandwidth speed due to living in the middle of the countryside -_-
Demo Marksman
Demo Marksman

TORA Race Number : 364
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by Simon 0ne Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 22:47

well made it through my first tora racing and generally it was ok.
massive thank you to warspite and scarlett who were good hosts. their patience with some of the numpties was impressive.
i can`t understand people who race without mics?!?
alot of the hiccups to be expected for the first meeting but it didn`t help that many didn`t read the rules or chose to ignore them.
really annoyed with the amount of corner cutting and running wide but i found the races for me to be fairly contact free which was good.

plus points,

hosts
live timing updates
not much contact during races

negatives

people racing without mics
track limit violations
Simon 0ne
Simon 0ne

TORA Race Number : 829
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2013-02-24

http://www.pnuk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 23:36

Well I for our thought that the nat geeky section supplied by rogue was exceptionally helpful.

many thanks for that, and a more to virgin users, virgin have been havingproblems UK wide causing bad connection
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrbrown33 Thu 7 Mar 2013 - 0:13

Great racing in lobby H, clean, close and friendly. Even though we never had a host, it started late and a few new comers (what DID read the rules) fair play to BG Alex for stepping up to the mark.
Mrbrown33
Mrbrown33

TORA Race Number : 335
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2013-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Mar 2013 - 0:37

PLOW tubbi wrote:and a more to virgin users, virgin have been havingproblems UK wide causing bad connection

When have they not? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit0317 Thu 7 Mar 2013 - 4:12

Mrbrown33 wrote:Great racing in lobby H, clean, close and friendly. Even though we never had a host, it started late and a few new comers (what DID read the rules) fair play to BG Alex for stepping up to the mark.

I also must say BG Alex did a great job and everyone in our lobby raced cleanly. Was a good first event just can't stand the long wait for round two!
Rabbit0317
Rabbit0317

TORA Race Number : 326
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2013-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by xVampirAx Thu 7 Mar 2013 - 22:46

could i please have the lobby settings for qualifying and race(just in case).
xVampirAx
xVampirAx

TORA Race Number : 222
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Mar 2013 - 22:50

xVampirAx wrote:could i please have the lobby settings for qualifying and race(just in case).
All settings are here mate:
http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t9518-tcc-natcc-lobby-settings

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Fri 8 Mar 2013 - 15:14

I thoroughly enjoyed the racing in Lobby C.

Started 4th for the first race, being the only RWD car in the room it goes without saying a had a semi about the start, and promptly jumped to 1st place before even the first corner. I battled hard with CQR Smokey but managed to hold him off to take the win.

Race two was much of the same, this time though i made a mistake going into turn two, changing down to 1st gear instead of 2nd, this gave Smokey the momentum to overtake, i ended up finishing 2nd.

The third race was a lot more "Touring Car'ish", managed to fight my way through to 2nd from 14th, BG Smithy followed me through the pack only to give me a love tap on the very last corner, a four-wide drag race to the line ensued between myself, BG Smithy, and the CQR members of Smokey and Chris.

All in all some very fun racing, can't wait for next weeks!
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 8:52

Is anyone else finding the Scirroco to overheat its tires no matter what you do? Hitting upto 250+ temp on fronts on a slow corner. Possible programming bug? Makes it impossible to lose understeer once they heat up even with extreme settings the only way i could get it turning like any other car was to stick rears on 50psi.

Back to top Go down

Post by MAJ0R LAZER Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 9:48

Yea I'm finding the same, nothing I do seems to help. After 4 or so laps they are too hot and grip is suffering.

The only thing I've found to help is the lowest weight reduction but its a struggle to spec the car to 580 because you have to sacrifice other areas and you don't get any benefit.

Car change half way through if its effecting my results me thinks.
MAJ0R LAZER
MAJ0R LAZER

TORA Race Number : 36
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2012-03-16

http://www.raceworldseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 9:59

Yeh ive tried lightweight and heavy builds, max rim size, width always the same outcome. Seems like it could possibly be something we all missed during testing that it is actually plagued with a T10 programing error.

Back to top Go down

Post by MAJ0R LAZER Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 17:42

CQR CHRiS wrote:Yeh ive tried lightweight and heavy builds, max rim size, width always the same outcome. Seems like it could possibly be something we all missed during testing that it is actually plagued with a T10 programing error.

It is strange, do the TORA admin have any thoughts on a solution to this? Car change? Any new cars that could be added to replace Scirocco and for anyone who feels at a disadvantage to driving the Scirocco?
MAJ0R LAZER
MAJ0R LAZER

TORA Race Number : 36
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2012-03-16

http://www.raceworldseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 17:52

How much time do you think your loosing as a result of overheating tyres?
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 18:35

You can hit 33.6 but as soon as they hit red your losing a good .5 - 1 second with dramatic understeer. It is a very strange bug that i wish i would of spotted before testing.

Back to top Go down

Post by TfRsmokinmasta Fri 15 Mar 2013 - 0:13

There is something you could try - SIM steering, Gets rid of loads of understeer Smile Only things is you cant have the slightest of knocks or youll be in the tyres Smile

TfRsmokinmasta

TORA Race Number : 665
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013 - 8:24

TfRsmokinmasta wrote:There is something you could try - SIM steering, Gets rid of loads of understeer Smile Only things is you cant have the slightest of knocks or youll be in the tyres Smile

Unfortunatly ive been using it since release lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 12:44

Seems a bad week for me, last month my wheel decided it doesn't want to work properly (disconnecting mid-race in testing), and the Pad I returned to has also decided to break, sent it off to Microsoft to be swapped over but the Pad I have now is rubbish, no tension in the triggers and the sticks are weak. :'(

Back to top Go down

Post by CalgonUK Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 22:03

im going to have to bow out of this, just not got the time or drive to turn the xbox on at the moment, so sorry for wasting anyone's time.

CalgonUK

TORA Race Number : 231
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MotoYeti Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 7:43

Hi Guys,

I need to withdraw from this series due to work commitments I'm afraid. Sorry about that. Embarassed

Best

MotoYeti
MotoYeti
MotoYeti

TORA Race Number : 722
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2013-01-26

https://hackett.life

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Hungover Thu 4 Apr 2013 - 16:17

Can we get the team standings updated plz, It's only showing 2 race meets.
CQR Hungover
CQR Hungover

TORA Race Number : 969
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-03-02

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 5 Apr 2013 - 18:31

CQR Hungover wrote:Can we get the team standings updated plz, It's only showing 2 race meets.

Anyone read this???

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 5 Apr 2013 - 19:15

Hey dude,

Will ask CQR Aero about points
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 5 Apr 2013 - 19:37

SelectiveRogue wrote:Hey dude,

Will ask CQR Aero about points

Cheers wasnt sure if anyone seen Toms post so thought I would give it another post. Just a quick quedtion aswell is there any dropped rounds this season?

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Fri 5 Apr 2013 - 19:43

In drivers yes the lowest one dropped in teams no dropped rounds.
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next