TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion

+35
Ax4x Bandit
The Posimosh
JKGrizzle
F4H Stingray
xDEM0N L0RDx
PROD DTechR
CallMehDarkside
DeweyTee
CQR Deuce
CQR Rogue
XDas KreatureX
Hailfire97x
Wooflers
Dino Dadd
Dominic Mako
MOMOnica 97
HCR ChicaiN
RW26 BLAZE
Radiation Louis
XPR Clutch
JAMIE ANDERS0N
v Hurricane v
Noland35F
EZT Challenger
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Mikey J
theboomeranga
LMR DarthMario
inferior car
Diablo 29x
RumbleBee 392
Ax4x Kane
Duke of Bruno
XPR Roadrunner
Richy59
39 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Sun 5 May 2013 - 23:40

Posimosh I am 100% confused by your post lol
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion

Post by RumbleBee 392 Mon 6 May 2013 - 0:01

+1 Chaddy! Lol
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 6 May 2013 - 0:10

Richy59 wrote:I think the warm up lap has caused more issues than preventing, and we may be changing the way the races are started in the future. I thought we may have been able to do it without incident and it would be a nice and fun thing to do, but in both the TCC and NATCC it has been more of a hindrance than anything.

Hopefully next meeting will be smoother and more fun for everyone Smile

I've been silently screaming out since the first series I ran through TORA to PLEASE get rid of the useless warm up lap. Too many people can't drive without damaging someone or messing up the start. Pretty annoying at this point to have to skip past the first 4 minutes of good, usable racing time to warm up a virtual car. It does far more harm than good. Please also make one lap placement races a requirements for all lobbies. Save us the pain of crackhead prerace wrecks. Thankfully we don't have to follow every dumb real life rule. People are generally dumb...I say we blaze trails.

HCR ChicaiN

TORA Race Number : 359
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Mon 6 May 2013 - 1:09

CQR Franchitti wrote:Posimosh I am 100% confused by your post lol

I think Posi was agreeing with you saying that driving in reverse is absolutely unnerving and than gave us an example of a medical golf cart running into karts when the golf cart went in the reverse direction.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Mon 6 May 2013 - 1:12

Don't worry Poshimosh I know what you mean!

I hope the warm up laps don't go!! But it is a shame that cars aren't able to be 'locked in' to the grid spots when they get within 5ft. That would be an awesome idea.
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stingray Mon 6 May 2013 - 1:41

mikey where does it say if u get damage on warm up lap stop at end of pit road and wait for race to start n the field has passed no where. thats the arguement here. i know the rules i was just told to go thru the field n no one complained until days after. step up n say ur peace in thevrace.
F4H Stingray
F4H Stingray

TORA Race Number : 28
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2012-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 6 May 2013 - 2:11

Bli33ard wrote:Don't worry Poshimosh I know what you mean!

I hope the warm up laps don't go!! But it is a shame that cars aren't able to be 'locked in' to the grid spots when they get within 5ft. That would be an awesome idea.
or have the computer do a warm up lap and then us put in control at the last corner exit
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Mon 6 May 2013 - 2:26

unless we can have lobby options to put certain drivers in certain starting positions, we will need that warm-up lap. if we go the route of running a quick 1-lap 'grid form' race for each race (which would also mean resetting lobby points after each race), that would unfortunately extend the evening's meeting far past its current finishing time.
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 6 May 2013 - 2:40

It takes two minutes to run a placement race. Then you will always be in position for the following 3 restarts. Must accept reality. The races almost never go off without a hitch. Am I the only one who sees this? That sees the warmup lap as a dumb formality that just causes problems and cuts into replay time? The races went off late with multiple restarts every week. That's no exaggeration. Cut out the dog and pony formalities, get us in position using the game and let's just race.

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 6 May 2013 - 5:08

Cain, do you have any issues with the "10 second delay" starts we used in the V8s?

I liked the "free standing" standing starts of the TCC/NATCC, but wanted to ditch the warm up lap. So I came up with a compromise.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Mon 6 May 2013 - 5:21

This is what I'm thinking, I like the idea Mikey and am tempted to use that instead of a full warm up lap next time we do this. However, rolling starts will still require the full lap.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 6 May 2013 - 5:43

is this getting rid of the rolling start for stop?
or just for TCC/NATCC?
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 6 May 2013 - 5:43

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Cain, do you have any issues with the "10 second delay" starts we used in the V8s?

I liked the "free standing" standing starts of the TCC/NATCC, but wanted to ditch the warm up lap. So I came up with a compromise.

I see nothing wrong with the 10 second delay. People do screw up their clutch starts. I have. Just adds another small dynamic to the race. Warmup lap adds potential for screw ups when the race hasn't even started.

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 6 May 2013 - 6:26

i never tried the 10 second wait, but i already like the sound of it, makes it more, real
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Mon 6 May 2013 - 6:32

the 10 second delay works if the lineup is right
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 6 May 2013 - 6:40

... and the lineup would be right if there was a placement race. Woohoo Cheers

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Mon 6 May 2013 - 12:27

Placement race takes time, Id rather have the warm up lap get the grid in order on that lap and get onto the grid. The issue with the starts is tracks with no grid slots, for those races we should do rolling starts.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Mon 6 May 2013 - 16:45

+1
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 6 May 2013 - 16:51

CQR Franchitti wrote:Placement race takes time, Id rather have the warm up lap get the grid in order on that lap and get onto the grid. The issue with the starts is tracks with no grid slots, for those races we should do rolling starts.

W/o grid slots, the ten sec delay and placement race works very well. As Cain mentioned, a placement race at Camino Tiny takes less time than a warm up lap.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 6 May 2013 - 17:19

Flyin Mikey J wrote:
CQR Franchitti wrote:Placement race takes time, Id rather have the warm up lap get the grid in order on that lap and get onto the grid. The issue with the starts is tracks with no grid slots, for those races we should do rolling starts.

W/o grid slots, the ten sec delay and placement race works very well. As Cain mentioned, a placement race at Camino Tiny takes less time than a warm up lap.

Far less time than a warm-up lap and thats comparing it to a warm-up lap that doesn't involve a lag wreck or just a wreck. Average start time with warmup lap is somewhere between 3 and 4 minutes initially. As the restarts progress the start times lessen due to people falling into their position quicker. Once again and again and again...all this is avoidable dropping the stupid warmup lap. What are we warming up? The engine? The tires? It's a virtual car people...we don't have to warm shyt up. We still have restart after restart even after the supposed warmup lap because drivers hitting drivers in the first turn has nothing to do with warm anything. It's just bad driving. The tires and brakes are down to normal temp by the first corner anyway so warming them up (lol) is a moot point.

Please answer me this...what's with the fascination for the warm-up lap? Give me one good reason for it that I haven't already sensibly shot down. Apparently people like having to start races over and over again with the most time taken.

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 6 May 2013 - 17:23

^ Grid order, and tire warming. Thats about it.

But, if we sit on the grid long enough, the tires will just go back to ambient temps anyway.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Mon 6 May 2013 - 18:04

The warm-up lap warms the tires up, which makes the car easier to drive sooner than without a warm-up lap. If we take away placing into grid spots after the warm-up lap, than there is a reason for the warm-up lap.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wingnut396 Mon 6 May 2013 - 18:34

may i ask one simple question why now when we have had 5 meetings and coming up to meeting 6 that people then make it a problem about how we start a race
MSA British touring runs a parade lap yes this is a game but aint we triyng to do the same as that as it is a MSA event.
All it needs from what i can gather is a little common sense and listen to the host once the drivers are in place then listen for the start time SIMPLE.
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

TORA Race Number : 148
Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 6 May 2013 - 18:38

Tires go back to ambient so I don't see that as a good enough reason. Everyone in a TORA series should damn well be able to drive a first lap without optimal temp tires. Driving on cold tires is part of racing also.

The only good reason I see for having a warmup lap is for rolling starts.

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wingnut396 Mon 6 May 2013 - 18:49

well if you watched Thruxton on sunday or any other race then you will see how long they are sat there the parade lap is great and if people was to use a little common sense then you wouldnt be sat on the line for so long because if you are coming to the end of the parade lap then you start forming as a rolling start but a little more spaced then you will get into slots quicker and easier and personally cant see and have not seen any problems with it at all
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

TORA Race Number : 148
Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next