TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Bonjour TORA. Guess who's back? EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Bonjour TORA. Guess who's back? EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Bonjour TORA. Guess who's back? EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Bonjour TORA. Guess who's back? EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Bonjour TORA. Guess who's back? EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Bonjour TORA. Guess who's back? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Bonjour TORA. Guess who's back? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Bonjour TORA. Guess who's back? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Bonjour TORA. Guess who's back? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Bonjour TORA. Guess who's back?

Go down

Bonjour TORA. Guess who's back? Empty Bonjour TORA. Guess who's back?

Hello one and all. I hope all is well with this great community?
I can't remember the appropriate threads for typing certain topics so I thought I'd take space up in the AMR news thread, seeing as I'm part of the team still.
Firstly, it'll be great to be back, even though it's just gonna be for two or three races. I know I'm defernately confirmed in the AMR line up for Sebring and the final round of the TORA GT Endurance championship at Silverstone. But I'm also hoping to line up a team ready for the TORA Le Mans 24 hours as well. I'm defernately tempted to participate in this great endurance once again.
A full return is not imminent or planned anytime soon however. I'm still focused on trying to get myself back on my feet, improve my fitness, mental health and hopefully back into full time employment, maybe a few qualifications along the way wouldn't hurt at all. But once I do, then I will consider a full return to racing.

It's fantastic to see the community growing even further than before, especially since when I last raced way back in November last year. So I would like to say hello to all the new members as well as all the others who I've had pleasure racing with or against in the past.
My approach to racing is going to be different now. Obviously, it was absolutely fantastic to have achieved all of the race wins & championships in the past. But now I feel with an ever growing field of exceptional drivers, I probably wouldn't have a snow flakes chance of keeping up, especially now as I'm a little rusty compared to what I was before. So now to me, as long as I can race in an Aston Martin and represent AMR virtually, then I will be a happy bunny. Obviously, it would be nice to win, but that doesn't really matter to me anymore. It's all gonna be about fun.

So now, I'm hoping that I can shake off this bloomin' cold that I've got so I can start practising & preparing for the 12 hours of Sebring. It'll be great to be back and team up with some old familiar faces.

Last edited by ATR DAN on Wed 27 Feb 2013 - 19:50; edited 1 time in total
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Bonjour TORA. Guess who's back? :: Comments

DeweyTee

Post Wed 27 Feb 2013 - 19:46 by DeweyTee

Welcome Back!

Back to top Go down

XPR Roadrunner

Post Wed 27 Feb 2013 - 19:48 by XPR Roadrunner

YAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Kane

Post Wed 27 Feb 2013 - 19:53 by Ax4x Kane

Welcome back, champ. Great to see you're making a better life for yourself! I myself am attempting to improve my fitness so I can one day serve in the military. The exercise isn't bad but all that healthy eating crap is horrid Razz

3rd TORA Wheldon 500 is being planned as well as a [possibly] new Indycar series? Good things ahead...

Back to top Go down

ATR DAN

Post Thu 28 Feb 2013 - 21:51 by ATR DAN

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
The fitness is not going too badly at the moment. I've still got a fair amount of weight to shift but I've lost more than a stone so far so it's going in the right direction. But you're right with all the rabbit food. It's easily tempting to pick at a chocolate bar or a packet of crisps..........or a cake........or a delicious take away! lol Razz Razz
I wish you well with your weight loss programme Kilroy and hope you get a career in the military.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down