TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Any interest in a possible Clio Cup Championship?? - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Any interest in a possible Clio Cup Championship?? - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Any interest in a possible Clio Cup Championship?? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Any interest in a possible Clio Cup Championship?? - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Any interest in a possible Clio Cup Championship?? - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Any interest in a possible Clio Cup Championship?? - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Any interest in a possible Clio Cup Championship?? - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Any interest in a possible Clio Cup Championship?? - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Any interest in a possible Clio Cup Championship?? - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Any interest in a possible Clio Cup Championship??

+9
Standaman94
AMR of the Apex
Ax4x Chaddy
Slider S15
garyp3398
Wooflers
LastNewtStandin
Ax4x Bandit
FSR Groves
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Any interest in a possible Clio Cup Championship?? - Page 3 Empty Re: Any interest in a possible Clio Cup Championship??

Post by Wooflers Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 14:33

I think to get things off the ground you should keep the championship fairly short and sweet, maybe only 4/5 rounds.
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Any interest in a possible Clio Cup Championship?? - Page 3 Empty Re: Any interest in a possible Clio Cup Championship??

Post by FSR Groves Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 14:38

Okay, Should i run Full Length circuits or the shorter/medium configurations?

Also, I know how to make it so whoever was fastest in a qualifying session would start first in the race, but how would I make it so drivers start in the same positions in race 2 where they finished in race 1?

Would i need the second race to be rolling start so that we could get people into position?
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 14:45

1) Ideally it should really be circuits with lap times no more than 1 minute 30, I'd love to thrash around Maple Valley short with like 20 laps Very Happy, but you've got the idea. Road Atlanta short, Nurburgring short, Silverstone International, etc etc. Maybe even Tsukuba full.

2) The way that works in the TCC at the moment but might be hard to grasp is having a proper installation lap, so you go around, then form on the actual grid again, the lobby host chooses a time to go, then everyone goes at that same time. The game doesn't control it, but it's mega fun. For me, it's got to be standing starts on both for something like this. Uhhh the only other way to do it is to reset the lobby points by backing out, run a quick lap on another circuit in the order of race one, then everyone is on the grid spots for Race Two. That might be easier, but for newcomers might not understand as much why we do it.
Wooflers
Wooflers

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 14:46

Do shorter club circuits, like Silverstone National, Catalunya School, Sebring Club, etc etc. Gives it more of a grassroots club feel, and separates the series from the big-brand main events
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 14:53

1) I thought that maybe for the first season we could do tracks that exist and people know quite well, (E.g Silverstone, Nurburgring, Catalunya, Road Atlanta and Tsukuba/Motegi/Suzuka). Then for a longer season we could include Maple Valley etc.

2) I think the easiest way to do it would be the backing out to run the other lap on another circuit. It's the way we do it in the German Touring Car and it seems to work well.

FSR Groves
FSR Groves

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 14:59

Standaman94 wrote:Do shorter club circuits, like Silverstone National, Catalunya School, Sebring Club, etc etc. Gives it more of a grassroots club feel, and separates the series from the big-brand main events

This is true!

We need a series that feels like those races you first take part in on Forza when you have your shi**y little Toyota Aygo. RRRGGGGHHH so mighty hahaha
Wooflers
Wooflers

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 15:04

Bli33ard wrote:
Standaman94 wrote:Do shorter club circuits, like Silverstone National, Catalunya School, Sebring Club, etc etc. Gives it more of a grassroots club feel, and separates the series from the big-brand main events

This is true!

We need a series that feels like those races you first take part in on Forza when you have your shi**y little Toyota Aygo. RRRGGGGHHH so mighty hahaha

Ahh I remember those races... Getting in the slipstream for no beneficial reason whatsoever :')

Yeah I'll probably run the shorter circuits. I'll start up a separate topic with the championship details so people can sign up Smile

Wednesdays at 7/8 are still free right??
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 15:51

8PM to run in line with the other series. Sounds good to me! We've got some good names on board and a lot of others will enjoy the no tune aspect. It's pure racing
Wooflers
Wooflers

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 15:51

Okay, I'll post a sign up page and details in a little bit! Thanks for the help guys! Smile Can't wait!
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 16:20

Pick the tracks carefully. I would add tracks with decent braking and accel zones so the cars can race.
You pick Atlanta club in this car you get a procession of cars following each other with 1 braking zone the whole lap. zzz

keep your grass roots i mant mayhem and action.

Silv int, tegi east, hock nat, seca, cat nat, infineon irl, nurb short

pukka Smile

LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

TORA Race Number : 55
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2012-12-03

http://www.forzauniverse.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Morne in Glory Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 16:41

In for Wednesdays 8 pm all the way Cool
Morne in Glory
Morne in Glory

TORA Race Number : 305
Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 16:44

MXR SCH1WO wrote:stock tune
no upgrades

this is fair for each racer.

Not sure if any stock econo hatch has the balls for good racing. IMO anything under D Class is dull w/o upgrades. But there are FWD cars that start in C Class and above that would be better suited for stock races... and there are exceptions to every rule Cool
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 16:47

Why not use the DLC clio? It's free.... Rolling Eyes
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 16:54

Standaman94 wrote:Why not use the DLC clio? It's free.... Rolling Eyes

Because some people are to stubborn to download free DLC.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 17:05

If it's mandatory to download a free car to race, then they will download it Very Happy

I'm up for this, can help out if I am off and racing, would love to use the new one.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 17:53

Oh I didn't know the new clio was free? If it's free then we can use that Smile
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 18:04

Is it defiantly free? like 100%??
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 18:12

Oh, no it's not, it's 160 MSP. I thought it was the free car in the March pack but apparently it's the Wiesmann... silent Oh well Razz
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 18:18

No it isn't, we just checked over here! haha Smile Good try anyway! lol Smile
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 18:50

FSR Groves
FSR Groves

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3