TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
REPORT>> Slider S15's TORA Clio Cup Mid-Season Review EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
REPORT>> Slider S15's TORA Clio Cup Mid-Season Review EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
REPORT>> Slider S15's TORA Clio Cup Mid-Season Review EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
REPORT>> Slider S15's TORA Clio Cup Mid-Season Review EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
REPORT>> Slider S15's TORA Clio Cup Mid-Season Review EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
REPORT>> Slider S15's TORA Clio Cup Mid-Season Review EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
REPORT>> Slider S15's TORA Clio Cup Mid-Season Review EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
REPORT>> Slider S15's TORA Clio Cup Mid-Season Review EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
REPORT>> Slider S15's TORA Clio Cup Mid-Season Review EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

REPORT>> Slider S15's TORA Clio Cup Mid-Season Review

Go down

REPORT>> Slider S15's TORA Clio Cup Mid-Season Review Empty REPORT>> Slider S15's TORA Clio Cup Mid-Season Review

Forza478

Welcome to my Mid-season Review! With The TORA Clio Cup reaching it's half way point it's time to have a look back over the first half of the season, my first full time series since 2010!

What a return it's been! Round 1 saw us at Silverstone National Circuit, a classic hunting ground of mine, I felt at home quickly and managed to qualify 7th, not as high as I'd have liked but then qualifying has never been my strong point.

Forza479

Race 1 saw me get straight into the action with the three wide rubbing into turn one from the opening shot sadly putting me slightly down the order from my start position and a little off of the back of the pack.

I managed to fight back up to 6th place and held it to the line despite some great last lap lunges!

Forza480

Race 2 and after a lot of rubbing and bunching I found myself in 4th place after turn three. Hence began an epic, race long, 3 way battle for 4th place which became more and more heated as the laps ticked down. It all came down to the last few corners, in came the lunge but I managed to get my car in front, the Clio's rear bumper took the blow and I held the position to the line!

Rounds 1 and 2 down and I'd scored a 6th and a 4th and held 5th position in the Championship.

Forza488

Rounds 3 and 4 saw the Clio Cup land at the Iberian Circuit and a new sponsor join the team in the form of Kleers Premium Car Care Products ensuring the Clio looks showroom fresh for each event. An even better qualifying performance saw me qualify 6th on the grid. A bad start and bad positioning saw me drop places off the start but I soon started to fight back up into 6th place.

Forza490

In the closing laps Uniform16 started to hunt me down and he edged closer and closer every lap, despite his best efforts he just couldn't get up along side to make the pass and I managed to hold onto 6th.

Forza492

Race 2 and something inside me started channelling a Rallycross Driver, I suddenly started tapping into an aggression I've never had before. I was throwing the nose in and making moves I never thought I could. Then came THE move, splitting the Clio's of Mourn Itentity and Jgroves right down the centre.

You can check it out for yourselves!

Forza502

But then my luck ran out, I got caught up in another drivers accident and spun round in the ensuing mayhem putting me to the very back, facing the wrong way with a damaged brake disc.

Then came the fight back, hot lapping as fast as I could, I managed to catch up and make back places to finish 7th.

A solid points haul after Rounds 3 and 4 with a 6th and 7th moved me up to 4th in the Championship.

Forza504

Rounds 5 and 6 saw a huge influx of talent at Tsukuba Circuit, doubling the field. Sadly I missed out on an A-Lobby slot by 0.08 seconds, meaning my night would be limited to 11th at best.

I failed to capitalise on the B-Lobby Pole position after running wide in turn 1 and being passed for the lead.

Forza507

Then ensued a heated battle between myself and BG Chucky, which would last the entire race, even including this scary moment where contact put us both sideways into the second hairpin. I couldn't catch the JAM for the lead, but managed to hold off Chucky to take 2nd in the Lobby and 12th overall.

Forza512

Race 2 and a case of dejavu as I couldn't keep pace with JAM and battle resumed between me and BG Chucky. We traded blows for several laps before the inevitable happened...

Forza513

He found his way past, and with it found a pace that surprised even himself as he set off after the leader.

This left me to defend 3rd from mjg36, which I managed to do until the penultimate lap, when I ran wide and he pounced! I fought back and we spent almost an entire lap side by side, but despite my best efforts I just couldn't get back past and finished in 4th place, 13th overall after a retirement in A-Lobby.

Forza518

So this is where things stand as of yesterday. After a slightly disappointing event finishing 12th and 13th I slipped back down to 5th in the Championship.

With two event's left the aim now is to finish within the top 6 of the Championship, try and mix it with as many people as possible and most of all have fun!

Don't forget to support my sponsors by going to www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront and “Liking” their page!
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

REPORT>> Slider S15's TORA Clio Cup Mid-Season Review :: Comments

CQR Rogue

Post Thu 25 Apr 2013 - 19:37 by CQR Rogue

Nice 1 dude