TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 1 full) - Page 19 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 1 full) - Page 19 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 1 full) - Page 19 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 1 full) - Page 19 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 1 full) - Page 19 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 1 full) - Page 19 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 1 full) - Page 19 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 1 full) - Page 19 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 1 full) - Page 19 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 1 full)

+105
agnus rules
PRT DemoN
LMR Agera
A Subway Cookie
ONR KennyKen
LMP Phantom
paul299
rainonef1
MrRaZzT
S1lentRaven.
CD 195
Turbo Power 77
F4H Button
AMS MeaD 212
LSR SCHIWO
Euphoric Blaze
SFM Benedict
Noland35F
AdamWatson99
xVampirAx
Aero180
HCR Karma
AAR ABEnstein
CRA XenoMorph
TG Wormburner
Lunchbox PUNX
Ax4x Mikey J
BalmierPie671
insanity nl
drsanya
Racing Dk
P Friks
Morne in Glory
ATR DAN
IRT YT RICE
WhoIsJohn117
TheAngryPudding
SorrySmithy
lfcnicklfc
BAM Python
Dragonsyoung
CRA Project182R
BG Wingnut396
JVz
II AntR II
F4H Drake
TLR Scrublord
Diablo 29x
Radiation Louis
AndyT306
Om3ga73
LMR DarthMario
HCR Motorhead
ShrinkingSteven
CreamyTastey
SVR Yamagura
The Posimosh
LMP Dragon
RW26 BLAZE
LastNewtStandin
Amarth
CQR Aero
Ax4x Bandit
HCR generaltso
MOPAR001
Mandown46
ll Taku ll
CQR HABURi
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Deftone MX
Koenigsegg R
JOSHSIGGY
MoreRandomThan
RumbleBee 392
JAMIE ANDERS0N
TweekPunx
Ax4x Cowboy
HCR Bellmond
Kurzheck
CQR Myles
LMR Sahara
F4H Bullet
Colonal Keidec
Standaman94
Matt
Texaspotatolord
DeweyTee
F4H Lotterer
Demo Marksman
Ax4x Kane
FSR Groves
MotoYeti
BG Wumba
Hainesy
F4H bandicoot
Shaunnnnnnnnn
Wooflers
VVV GunDaM
henkymetcola
Ax4x Chaddy
CQR Rogue
xDEM0N L0RDx
Adder 020
theboomeranga
Richy59
109 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 1 full) - Page 19 Empty Re: MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 1 full)

Post by HCR Motorhead Sat 13 Jul 2013 - 13:23

I feel people who earned their place into a lobby should at least retain a result in that bracket. I mean if you're one of the unfortunates and got crashed out last race, especially to those like Knob or the ONR lads in my lobby at least, you shouldn't end up relegated to the lower quartile of the field among all the other crashed.

In their case they worked hard to be in Lobby A and then from something out of their control be it lag or what, why should they get hardly anything from the race.

As someone pointed out earlier, someone could win outright even if they have a bad qualifying/crash or even 'sandbag,' to start in a lower lobby and hot lap for an hour and a half.
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 1 full) - Page 19 Empty Re: MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 1 full)

Post by Kurzheck Sat 13 Jul 2013 - 14:31

HMR Motorhead wrote:I feel people who earned their place into a lobby should at least retain a result in that bracket. I mean if you're one of the unfortunates and got crashed out last race, especially to those like Knob or the ONR lads in my lobby at least, you shouldn't end up relegated to the lower quartile of the field among all the other crashed.

Yeah, stuff the slow people who keep it clean, right? Why should they expect to be able to make up places?

If your race gets ruined it certainly sucks - but it's part of the game and part of the sport.
Kurzheck
Kurzheck

TORA Race Number : 917
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Sat 13 Jul 2013 - 14:33

Not much you can do about being lag bombed.

Fast guys can keep perfectly clean too.

Texaspotatolord

TORA Race Number : 597
Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurzheck Sat 13 Jul 2013 - 14:44

Texaspotatolord wrote:Not much you can do about being lag bombed.

Fast guys can keep perfectly clean too.

I wasn't saying they couldn't (hell, as a rule they're generally better at it). But getting taken out of a race through no fault of your own is an inevitable consequence of sharing the track with other people.

But I'm not aware of any real-world racing where 'not much you can do about it' is used to overturn what happens on track. If Grosjean takes out Alonso at T1, they don't classify Alonso 10th just because he qualified well.
Kurzheck
Kurzheck

TORA Race Number : 917
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by TweekPunx Sat 13 Jul 2013 - 14:47

Kurzheck wrote:I wasn't saying they couldn't (hell, as a rule they're generally better at it). But getting taken out of a race through no fault of your own is an inevitable consequence of sharing the track with other people.

But I'm not aware of any real-world racing where 'not much you can do about it' is used to overturn what happens on track. If Grosjean takes out Alonso at T1, they don't classify Alonso 10th just because he qualified well.

^^ What this guy said.

I've had many occasions in online racing where I've been taken out on the first lap, sure it's annoying, but that's racing. My strategy is to just to drive like a pensioner on the opening lap(s) until the field settles down.
TweekPunx
TweekPunx

TORA Race Number : 887
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 13 Jul 2013 - 17:13

HMR Motorhead wrote:I feel people who earned their place into a lobby should at least retain a result in that bracket. I mean if you're one of the unfortunates and got crashed out last race, especially to those like Knob or the ONR lads in my lobby at least, you shouldn't end up relegated to the lower quartile of the field among all the other crashed.

In their case they worked hard to be in Lobby A and then from something out of their control be it lag or what, why should they get hardly anything from the race.

As someone pointed out earlier, someone could win outright even if they have a bad qualifying/crash or even 'sandbag,' to start in a lower lobby and hot lap for an hour and a half.

Maybe you would find TCC more to your liking. In that series as long as you finish your race in A Lobby you will place ahead of the B Lobby winner no matter how many times you wreck.

Sorry but some people are highly skilled for one lap at a time while others a more skilled for two whole hours. This is why we race.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Sat 13 Jul 2013 - 17:32

He got third place...

Why would someone who doesn't like lower class stuff do lower class stuff? Exactly? So because we don't want to deal with scoring across lobies means we aren't meant for higher class stuff?

Texaspotatolord

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 13 Jul 2013 - 17:40

Maybe we should look at LMP "sprint races", using the TCC format with the R1 cars?

I really didn't mean to offend by suggesting that a LMP driver lower themself to A Class racing, as I see racing in all classes as being well rounded and getting the most out of the game.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 15 Jul 2013 - 0:21

Both Mikey and Motorhead make good points. The way I see it is that if the server could handle it, everyone would be on the track together, therefore everything should be calculated as close to that as possible. Though if they didnt add time to each lobby down, what would've stopped me from qualifying in D lobby instead of A lobby? I would have no competition and get to hotlap the whole race and avoid the s**t storm in A lobby which Motorhead and I got a good taste of trying to overtake an LMPC.  Because it must be done thru lobbies of 14-16 each, it makes it very difficult for both staff, and drivers as there are mixed opinions on how it should be done. It will never be perfect until everyones on the track together and that will have just as many problems as this does.

On a different note anybody notice that VenomTDI's name is Christian Ronaldo? Thats either awesome or total BS hahahaha
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 15 Jul 2013 - 1:55

LMR Deftone MX wrote:...On a different note anybody notice that VenomTDI's name is Christian Ronaldo? Thats either awesome or total BS hahahaha
apparently he IS on xbox, he plays FIFA and no body actually knows it's him (not saying it's the same person), but just a side note

but on topic, staff are doing the best job they can with what they have and trying to make it a even as possible, I personally am happy with how it is set out, then again, I'm not an A lobby driver, if i was, my views may be different, but atm, i like the scoring system, so if i do end up qualifying terrible, which i tend to do, then i can still have a shot at the win if someone crashes in higher lobbies etc
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Mon 15 Jul 2013 - 3:19

I love the way the scoring is done, it wasn't an issue last season or the one before so why now?

Being in the lower and higher lobbies, I've seen the pros and cons but they balance out throughout the season. Bad qualifying and had to race hard, which I beat guys guys in higher lobbies. Then there's times I had a bad race and got dropped.

I think reward for qualifying is the lobby penalty.
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 15 Jul 2013 - 4:40

^ this
Cheers 
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by The Posimosh Mon 15 Jul 2013 - 8:41

CRA Erebus wrote:
LMR Deftone MX wrote:...On a different note anybody notice that VenomTDI's name is Christian Ronaldo? Thats either awesome or total BS hahahaha
apparently he IS on xbox, he plays FIFA and no body actually knows it's him (not saying it's the same person), but just a side note

but on topic, staff are doing the best job they can with what they have and trying to make it a even as possible, I personally am happy with how it is set out, then again, I'm not an A lobby driver, if i was, my views may be different, but atm, i like the scoring system, so if i do end up qualifying terrible, which i tend to do, then i can still have a shot at the win if someone crashes in higher lobbies etc

I race with VenomTDI every Saturday... We call him "Great One" or just "Chris" LoL.
I do have a bit of a problem with this whole "we tried harder thus we are faster (thus because we should finish higher regardless of if we show up or stay for the duration of the race)" rationale, I fail to understand what makes anyone think that pace over one lap is down to practice or dedication. It is not like anyone is getting pole because the just tried super hard and ate their Wheaties before quali (or practiced more than anyone else for that matter). Even if this was the case, I fail to see why we should further complicate what is already a busy and complicated weekend for everyone participating, let alone TORA staff. If we were to somehow weight the lower lobbies or otherwise handycap them, I don't see how this makes the overall race more fulfilling for racers or easier administrate for staff.
I would like to put forward the "Joker" stint idea again though. Why don't we just run an extra stint the following afternoon or monday evening and then drop the worst stint for each car. That would be easy to score and would build suspense as well as rectify the aforementioned lobby lag, missed stint, wreck etc.
The Posimosh
The Posimosh

TORA Race Number : 113
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2012-03-04

http://posimosh.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 15 Jul 2013 - 21:02

@Erebus: I also like how the staff has done it and see no reason to change it. While having some sort of rule in place to discourage drivers from sandbagging to a lower lobby would be nice, the staff have enough on their plate and trying further complicate it would only cause for more arguements and such. Therefore the way it is, is the way it should stay as this is THEIR SERIES after all! Smile

@PositiveMosh: 100% agreed though Im sure everyone is a little too burned out by the end to go back and run another stint that evening. Though this could be very effective in the 12 hour races maybe?
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by TweekPunx Tue 16 Jul 2013 - 11:36

Hey people, just want some clarification on the run off areas we're allowed to use at Road America. Are the inside of T3, the inside of T9 and the outside of T10 (although I know putting all four wheels on the run off there will dirty the lap) ok to use provided the lap is still clean? Would be good to know Smile 
TweekPunx
TweekPunx

TORA Race Number : 887
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Tue 16 Jul 2013 - 11:47

You can only have two wheels over knebs or white lines. If you are running wide with all 4 wheels it will be seen as cutting the track.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 18 Jul 2013 - 6:44

looking forward to this!
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Thu 18 Jul 2013 - 8:42

I’m really struggling here, mainly on the brakes
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Zakspeed Thu 18 Jul 2013 - 15:00

MYLES PR0WER wrote:I’m really struggling here, mainly on the brakes

Try raising the front tire pressure and put the pressure at about 115%
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Zakspeed

TORA Race Number : 62
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2012-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Thu 18 Jul 2013 - 15:33

I was thinking ride hight, pressures 130, I think the issue is me braking too much or not enough
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Thu 18 Jul 2013 - 15:38

Raising the front ride height will help. I usually have my GT cars at around 160%.

Last edited by Texaspotatolord on Thu 18 Jul 2013 - 16:28; edited 1 time in total

Texaspotatolord

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Thu 18 Jul 2013 - 15:54

I thought it was front for brakes, rear for traction
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Thu 18 Jul 2013 - 16:26

That's what I meant lol, front up. There aren't many cars you'll raise the rear ride height for.

Texaspotatolord

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Bullet Thu 18 Jul 2013 - 16:39

Just a quick question, I signed up for qualifying at 2000 bst today, but need to change to the 2000 cst. I resigned up, will that fix it or is there anything else?
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 18 Jul 2013 - 16:43

yep has updated dude
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next