TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
What do you do to keep the FM4 single player interesting? EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
What do you do to keep the FM4 single player interesting? EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
What do you do to keep the FM4 single player interesting? EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
What do you do to keep the FM4 single player interesting? EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
What do you do to keep the FM4 single player interesting? EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
What do you do to keep the FM4 single player interesting? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
What do you do to keep the FM4 single player interesting? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
What do you do to keep the FM4 single player interesting? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
What do you do to keep the FM4 single player interesting? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

What do you do to keep the FM4 single player interesting?

+15
F4H Lotterer
LastNewtStandin
LMR DarthMario
ShrinkingSteven
Ax4x Bandit
Wooflers
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Kane
Duke of Bruno
TheAngryPudding
v Hurricane v
SorrySmithy
TG Wormburner
Standaman94
JVz
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you do to keep the FM4 single player interesting? Empty What do you do to keep the FM4 single player interesting?

Post by JVz Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 19:41

Besides using the hardest difficulty, what do you do to keep the single player interesting enough to 100% it? I've tried using FWD and AWD to gimp myself, but I can still win too easily. I've been considering dropping an entire class to see how well that works, but what else is fun? Like certain really bad cars, etc.
JVz
JVz

TORA Race Number : 625
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2013-06-24

http://mjunx.org/

Back to top Go down

What do you do to keep the FM4 single player interesting? Empty Re: What do you do to keep the FM4 single player interesting?

Post by JVz Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 19:47

Let me be a little more specific here, too. This mainly applies to grinding through the world championship events. Normally, I end up at least 20 seconds ahead of the AI by the end of each heat, and that's rather ridiculous. In the past, I've taken these as opportunities to hot lap and work towards higher leaderboard spots, but that gets somewhat old rather quick. I'm down to the last 5% or so of the events, and they're all world championships or the GT1/GTS/GT2 passing challenges (which are practically the same).
JVz
JVz

Back to top Go down

What do you do to keep the FM4 single player interesting? Empty Re: What do you do to keep the FM4 single player interesting?

Post by Standaman94 Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 19:51

I've been working through it row-by-row rather than column-by-column or randomly picking them. I generally just try to pick a car I've never driven before (preferably DLC) for every event.

Not much really to do besides hotlapping when you're winning. I generally just listen to some music and improve my times with each lap Razz
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 19:57

Run in cars at D276 instead of D350 and instead of running a Spark run in some terrible car that you would never otherwise drive.

I really don't like doing the above which is why I don't ever complete the single player.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by JVz Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 20:10

I don't bother using the Spark as I don't like the city cars or economy cars. Right now I'm using a King Cobra for C class which is pretty fun.
JVz
JVz

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 20:14

Try and build/tune a car that the AI can win in. LB's often prove useless for them, best one so far is the smart in B class LOL
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

TORA Race Number : 5
Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by v Hurricane v Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 20:17

To keep it interesting for me, I plug in the play 'n charge cable, walk away and do something else.
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

TORA Race Number : 14
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://ax4x.org

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 21:44

Use bottom of the range cars, turn all driver aids off, use stock cars that I race in TORA for track time, pick a truly awful car, I've even once or twice given the field a lap head start.

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Bruno Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 22:59

I have been using the events list races as practice sessions for upcoming online races by opening up the restrictions. It does not make it any more interesting, but, it accomplishes a bit more.
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 23:10

There's a single player? jocolor
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 23:27

When I need to do single player, I like to use a car 1 PI above the next class down. But I do that in public lobbies if I don't see any fast peeps in the lobby.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 23:31

Kilroy8 wrote:There's a single player? jocolor

hahahaha

I haven't really touched single player in Fortza for a long time, since I 100%'d FM2. Too much man. TOO MUCH

Basically I do a race in world tour every month. It's the bloody announcer that does my head in, I think that's why I don't play it as much.

"And now to Northamptonshire, England."

STFU
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Fri 12 Jul 2013 - 0:18

I lost interest in FM4 single player since they took away the endurance events and added all of these stupid passing, chasing, and bowling challenges.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Fri 12 Jul 2013 - 0:50

Kilroy8 wrote:There's a single player? jocolor

I thought the Single player was test/tune for TORA events? Very Happy 
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Fri 12 Jul 2013 - 1:32

i'm far from completing the Single player mode in FM4. 29% last i looked. fully completed fm2&3 though. only achievement i couldn't aquire in fm3 was the 100k drift lap score. best score around fujimi kaido was something like 95k, after 5 laps straight. >.<; had the car to do it, but lacked the skills. lol. (rwd '08 STi)
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Fri 12 Jul 2013 - 2:23

LMR DarthMario wrote:i'm far from completing the Single player mode in FM4. 29% last i looked. fully completed fm2&3 though. only achievement i couldn't aquire in fm3 was the 100k drift lap score. best score around fujimi kaido was something like 95k, after 5 laps straight. >.<; had the car to do it, but lacked the skills. lol. (rwd '08 STi)

You could cheat that one Mark, Do it in hotlap and simply rewind any bad drifts Smile
LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

TORA Race Number : 55
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2012-12-03

http://www.forzauniverse.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Fri 12 Jul 2013 - 12:32

LMR DarthMario wrote:i'm far from completing the Single player mode in FM4. 29% last i looked. fully completed fm2&3 though. only achievement i couldn't aquire in fm3 was the 100k drift lap score. best score around fujimi kaido was something like 95k, after 5 laps straight. >.<; had the car to do it, but lacked the skills. lol. (rwd '08 STi)
Yeah that's where I got stuck too Razz I nearly got all the achievements for FM2 as well apart from the 1mil Online Credits thing.

Getting all the achievements in FM4 is gonna be a pain. Still haven't done some of the odd-job ones or most of the Porsche ones, or even the one for buying the most expensive cars... and I haven't got a Kinect so I'm not going to be doing that one any time soon....
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Fri 12 Jul 2013 - 12:34

best thing to do to keep it interesting is play something else and only put forza in for TORA events Wink
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Fri 12 Jul 2013 - 13:45

Precisely Martin. I'd rather tune/test/race in TORA events or watch Anime than tackle the uber-boring career mode event races.
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Fri 12 Jul 2013 - 13:49

LMR DarthMario wrote:Precisely Martin. I'd rather tune/test/race in TORA events or watch Anime than tackle the uber-boring career mode event races.

Yeah I'd much rather watch Gundam seed to be frank. Very Happy 
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Fri 12 Jul 2013 - 14:07

crash and bash into Rossi.

i hate that guy
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Fri 12 Jul 2013 - 14:10

There's actually someone with the Gamertag of CPU M Rossi Razz You can see them around on FM.net a lot
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Scrublord Fri 12 Jul 2013 - 14:28

I havent touched the single player on forza
TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2413
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 12 Jul 2013 - 18:08

gen3ral ts0 wrote:crash and bash into Rossi.

i hate that guy

That works. Sometimes I will take it one step further and try to destroy every AI car.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMagicYeti Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 15:37

Determination is what you need to 100% the event list. Lots of it.
TheMagicYeti
TheMagicYeti

TORA Race Number : 405
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next