TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

+70
II AntR II
Amarth
Jake Sanson
TheAngryPudding
Creepzer
Ax4x Broomz
LMP Dragon
tsaFooT
TweekPunx
Demo Marksman
XXX Skyrocket
AMR of the Apex
CRA Project182R
ll Taku ll
Pebb
TFR Magic
Windcharger8199
LMR Merikuh
F4H Bullet
HCR Karma
totlxtc
LMR Sahara
TG Wormburner
CQR HABURi
henkymetcola
Wooflers
nickyf1
RW26 BLAZE
F4H bandicoot
Koenigsegg R
Ax4x Mikun
Zeta0085
Turbo Power 77
Mavrick 0
MOPAR001
HCR generaltso
Richy59
BG Wumba
theboomeranga
Diablo 29x
Texaspotatolord
Ax4x Cowboy
HCR Motorhead
LMR Zakspeed
CQR D4N13L
CQR Rogue
CQR Deuce
Hainesy
VVV GunDaM
AdamWatson99
dinosilenzi
v Hurricane v
DeweyTee
RumbleBee 392
Ax4x Kane
FSR Groves
Beanz
LMR DarthMario
Matt
CQR Jono
LastNewtStandin
Standaman94
CQR Myles
F4H Lotterer
XPR Roadrunner
CQR Aero
Biggsy tv
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Bandit
JAMIE ANDERS0N
74 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by TG Wormburner Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 9:30

Gundam, before piping up about anything to do with GTDon I'd suggest knowing who in the world GTDon is first and his history with any long time sim racer.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by F4H Lotterer Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 9:51

Yeah what goes on over @.net between Worm and whoever it is NOT any of our business here so no more on the GTDon matter.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 10:12

5 minute DVR limit that has to start before you race. Only option is xbox record that 30 second clips.

Really disappointed, was hoping to chat with Mechberg yesterday in his live stream but was to busy commenting on game features on stream.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake Sanson Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 10:16

If what I'm led to believe is correct, FM5 does not feature replays. Am I right?

Jake Sanson

TORA Race Number : 490
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-10-21

http://www.downforce-radio.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 10:17

Only in single player otherwise no replays.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 10:19

I think this has something to do with a license period for MS to show off DVR and short clip features before anyone else can implement it. Lets them advertise look how easy it is etc but then dont think about the likes of this site which needs full replays, photos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake Sanson Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 10:23

This is obviously a major problem, so what's the initial plan?

Jake Sanson

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 10:28

Hope for a patch.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H bandicoot Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 10:32

We all own a nice little box+game with hundreds more cars and loads more tracks Wink
Instant solution right there until they sort their [Censored] out
F4H bandicoot
F4H bandicoot

TORA Race Number : 58
Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 10:33

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/6274130/ShowThread.aspx#6274130

POLL up on FM.Net from me, lets get word spread and landslide vote victory one way maybe T10 will listen to facts and figures of the community not the small numbers were classed as.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 10:39

As I've stated elsewhere, there are a couple of fundamental things missing from the console let alone games within it. Where's my surround sound support? They've admitted they had a scheduling issue which means a patch soon for it but that's a bit of a shame.
As for the features missing from FM. It'll be the same. Sped up to get out for launch then patch away later. It won't hurt sales because the casual gamer won't care too much about whole replays or things that we have evolved the game for. We can only hope that these missing features are sufficient enough for a larger percentage of the community to speak out ad initiate changes.
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 10:40

Funny, when I met the T10 guys in Cologne I found it strange that they kept suggesting that we as TORA continue to support FM4, coupled with the fact that they did say doing what we do with replays may be 'difficult' on FM5. I was under the assumption the replays weren't as good to look at camera placement wise as they were in Forza 4. I certainly didn't expect there to be no Online Replay or Spectate options at all. This alongside no livery or vinyl gifting is a rather large hindrance to organised online racing in general.

I know people are hoping for a patch to fix it all, and maybe in the games 2 year life span it may happen but these seem to be very fundamental things that should be built into the game from the start, not recoded back in.

So we all playing Forza 4 next year for our organised races? Glad I kept my 360 Wink
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 10:43

They can do it they just need to be politely reminded if the games lifespan and that without organised communities like us that lifespan is severely reduced.
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 10:44

No 360 for me back to B500 FWD racing, gonna hurt numbers from people who sold 360.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 10:45

Matt wrote:They can do it they just need to be politely reminded if the games lifespan and that without organised communities like us that lifespan is severely reduced.
+1 Keep my poll updated I posted and that's a start to data collection these companys love lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake Sanson Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 11:00

This seriously influences my decision to purchase the XBox One. Personally I'll wait for Forza 6 if there's no improvement.

Plus we'll need to seriously look at TORA's long term future in relation to commercial viability and possible funding, if FM5 doesn't give us what we need, and FM4 is viewed as "old news" so to speak. It'll certainly hurt our TV aspirations.

Jake Sanson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 11:03

100% Agree Jake. Turn 10 need to be forced into a corner so they actually give us a answer so at least all TORA staff can then work out were they now go.

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 11:08

i dont think that 100% of the blame lies with T10 we need to be looking at how Microsoft has pushed/rushed the release of the game and how it has pretty much made the likes of TORA and VM obsolete from the current title.

the only real solution as it stands is to continue on the 360 .
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarth Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 11:15

No turning back for myself, gave my 360 away to a work colleague with two young sons. Really didn't think I would hear news like this. I'm yet to receive FM5 from GAME anyway, even though I preordered the limited edition months ago, kind of regret it now.
Amarth
Amarth

TORA Race Number : 405
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 11:20

I think a lot of people are in tat position Amarth. I think we'll just need to see how things go over the winter months but I think the FM4 series will still need to run to allow people somewhere to race.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 12:00

Guess it all comes down to whether T10 intend to include Replay saving and spectating in patches.

Shameless plug, my "Indycar" series using ARX-02a on Forza 4 starts a week Monday if anyone fancies it. Still awaiting TCR Confirmation but it'll run anyway

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 13:20

BG Trash McNish wrote:i dont think that 100% of the blame lies with T10 we need to be looking at how Microsoft has pushed/rushed the release of the game and how it has pretty much made the likes of TORA and VM obsolete from the current title.

the only real solution as it stands is to continue on the 360 .
Whilst some of the blame may go to Microsoft I find it quite scurrilous that T10 would hide the fact so many fundamental features that tora rely on would be removed.
They knew we wouldn't be able to organize race leagues efficiently yet watched loads of people get excited for the new game,
The people that sold their 360 to achieve this "upgrade" I feel have been completely swindled by this affair.

Turn 10, OK they gotta make a living but they have deffinately gone down several notches in my view and I feel we have been duped for a buck despite all we do to support the forza brand Sad

What other company gets their game broadcast on mainstream television at no cost?

LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

TORA Race Number : 55
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2012-12-03

http://www.forzauniverse.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyTee Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 13:22

We'll on the upside for me.....I'll get more use out of my Fanatec wheel and delay purchasing a wheel for the One. I truly hate driving a car with a controller though,we don't drive our real cars with a controller....YET! Love the new paint shop,it's nice having more color options and fonts. The tracks appear much more realistic,even road Atlanta, Sebring and Laguna Seca. It was fun trying out the Indy and Formula 1 cars. I really enjoy seeing Sbiggs, Kilroy, CQR Magic, Broomzke and others racing me instead of generic AI. I see where there are a lot of problems for organized racing, but there is enough in the game where it won't be collecting dust like Horizon.
DeweyTee
DeweyTee

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2011-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by TweekPunx Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 14:14

After going through the last few pages of this thread it does make for some worrying reading. As a recent convert to TORA, I'm glad to see plans are being made for the league to continue, but I'm glad I decided to wait it out on the XB1 to see what would happen; but I really feel for the people who got rid of their 360s :(I love racing on TORA. In terms of online racing it's everything I could ever ask for. If the racing continues on FM4 until FM5 gets its act together then I'm fine with that, even if it is viewed as an outdated platform. I say continuing on FM4 is the best idea, while maybe sometimes glancing at something like Pcars to see if that might be a viable option. In the meantime, I really hope I get to keep racing with as many of guys as possible, even if it is on FM4 Very Happy
TweekPunx
TweekPunx

TORA Race Number : 887
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 14:28

My head hurts. I don't know if it's from trying to figure out the game/consoles confusing menu's and submenu's or bashing my head up against the wall.

Such a wonderful game at it's core. Then for us, it's fundamentally broken. I'll attempt to keep the poll thread clear of the children and trolls so it can stay unlocked. That may be harder than trying to wrap my head around the game though.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next