TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
My review of the Xbox One and Forza 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
My review of the Xbox One and Forza 5 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
My review of the Xbox One and Forza 5 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
My review of the Xbox One and Forza 5 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
My review of the Xbox One and Forza 5 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
My review of the Xbox One and Forza 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
My review of the Xbox One and Forza 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
My review of the Xbox One and Forza 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
My review of the Xbox One and Forza 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

My review of the Xbox One and Forza 5

+16
Hainesy
Standaman94
CQR Myles
F4H Spartan
CRA Project182R
LSR SCHIWO
PLOW tubbi
XPR Roadrunner
CQR Jono
Bob Dixon 76
LastNewtStandin
Ax4x Mikey J
LMR Sahara
theboomeranga
Ax4x Kane
v Hurricane v
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My review of the Xbox One and Forza 5 Empty My review of the Xbox One and Forza 5

Post by v Hurricane v Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 0:22

Howdy all,

Today I was able to get out and have a go on the Xbox One and Forza 5. The place I went to was the first stop in the Tampa area at The Shops at Wiregrass in Wesley Chapel, Fl.. This mall is an open air mall so the Chevy Suburban that Microsoft had was set up outside in the sun with the temp being around 88° F. The event was to start at 3PM EST and go on till 9PM. I arrived at around 10 till 3. Luckily the line was not very long. The event didn't actually start till around 3:20PM due to the fact the two young men running the event had to replace one of the consoles due to some unknown issue. The games that everyone was able to play was Forza 5 and Killer Instinct. There were 6 stations available with 3 dedicated to each game.

The hardware:
The console and Kinect both looked really sharp. As expected the console is about the same height as the 360 laying down, a little deeper and about an inch or 2 longer. The Kinect has more sharper lines and not a big as the current one. Now for the controller. I have to admit it really feels nice in your hands. More comfortable than the current one and a bit heavier. The buttons and sticks are very smooth with the only difference being the triggers. I would say they have about 2/10th less throw to them than the current controller. Yes the controller rumbled from every part. The body and triggers vibrated with the game like crazy and each part was independently as I used the brake and gas. Now for my opinion, I would shut it all off! it was very distracting while trying to drive the car. On top of not being able to hear the game it made it quite difficult to play the game.

The game:
As usual Forza 5 looks absolutely amazing. The game had 5 cars I could choose from. I picked the Ford Focus ST. The track was preset and I couldn't choose that, but it was Laguna Seca. Like I said it looked so clear and crisp. Now I know this was a demo of the game, but if it's anything close to what the game is going to be don't expect the game to load any faster than Forza 4 does. In fact it might take a little longer. The drivers options are pretty much the same with driving line, braking, TCS/ Stability and transmission. The only difference is with damage. The only options are cosmetic and simulation. So it's all or nothing. Well when the game starts, you start off in neutral and I didn't realize this, when the race started I was left behind. Now the game physics are no where as good as they are in 4. Even with the car stock, I could not keep it on the track to save my life. It was like driving on ice. Every time I hit a turn the car would just slide right off the track no matter how slow or the way I took the turn. I'm no where near a good driver, but this was crazy.

Conclusion:
I really can't wait till this console and game comes out. If I wasn't so fat, old and broken, I would have tried to grab one and run. I do have one on pre-order along with the FM5 Limited ready to go. I do apologize for not having pictures. There was so many people running around the booth it was hard to get any.
Pros-
-Console and controller looks and feel are spot on
-Amazing graphics

Cons-
-Gameplay driving physics not great (Could be due that it was a demo)
-Controller and trigger vibration
-Trigger throw

Everything about is my opinion and my opinion only. If you don't like what I have posted, then find a demo site and try it for yourself.
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

TORA Race Number : 14
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://ax4x.org

Back to top Go down

My review of the Xbox One and Forza 5 Empty Re: My review of the Xbox One and Forza 5

Post by Ax4x Kane Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 1:24

Nice write up Cool Interesting about the damage, but I have my reservations considering it was a demo.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

My review of the Xbox One and Forza 5 Empty Re: My review of the Xbox One and Forza 5

Post by theboomeranga Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 2:49

it's a bit o a disappointment with the physics with forza having been the ultimate racing game for physics on the current gen,
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Sahara Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 4:34

I dont think loading times will be a issue, From what I herd when you buy the game the first thing thats going to happen is that it will ask you to install it to your hard drive, making loading times faster.
LMR Sahara
LMR Sahara

TORA Race Number : 195
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2012-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 7:51

I would assume a stock Focus on stock tires. Go get on in FM4, leave it stock and untuned, then go to Laguna Seca with it in test drive mode.

I have a feeling its the "stock untuned production FWD" part that made the car feel so skatey for you.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 8:46

New physics model will take some getting used to, As I mentioned when I tried the game at eurogamer it's damn hard to drive with no assists right off the bat.

Here's more from Lazygamer on the handling

http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/forza-motorsport-5-hands-on-assists-off-a-hardcore-perspective/
LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

TORA Race Number : 55
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2012-12-03

http://www.forzauniverse.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Dixon 76 Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 12:12

Sounds like the physics got way more realistic.

Bob Dixon 76

TORA Race Number : 620
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2011-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 12:15

Agreed Bob, from everything I've read it sounds like with all the assists off it's much harder to control the cars, more like iRacing. And with no more 'dirt braking', it should reward driving skill more, which sounds excellent Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 13:55

CQR MAGiC wrote:Agreed Bob, from everything I've read it sounds like with all the assists off it's much harder to control the cars, more like iRacing. And with no more 'dirt braking', it should reward driving skill more, which sounds excellent Smile
Cheers 
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 17:32

Sounds like everything I've been missing from Fm2. +1

And I completely agree with Mikey and Newt
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 17:59

Sounds good, now if only someone would give me grand, I could buy the box, the game and have 2 days off to get into it
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LSR SCHIWO Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 18:08

yihaaa can't wait. next month. Smile
LSR SCHIWO
LSR SCHIWO

TORA Race Number : 606
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2013-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA Project182R Tue 19 Nov 2013 - 12:05

XPR Roadrunner wrote:Sounds like everything I've been missing from Fm2. +1

And I completely agree with Mikey and Newt
Summed up perfectly here Roarrunner, I personally think the physics took a step back in both FM3 & FM4.
CRA Project182R
CRA Project182R

TORA Race Number : 782
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Tue 19 Nov 2013 - 12:11

Fm2 is still my favourite, BUT, the tcs and grip level on the muscle cars was too out of sync with the rest of the cars, tcs should never be faster than without.
A muscle car capable of out lapping a handling car was a bit off, so looking forward to it.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA Project182R Mon 25 Nov 2013 - 12:06

PLOW tubbi wrote:Fm2 is still my favourite, BUT, the tcs and grip level on the muscle cars was too out of sync with the rest of the cars, tcs should never be faster than without.
A muscle car capable of out lapping a handling car was a bit off, so looking forward to it.
+1
CRA Project182R
CRA Project182R

TORA Race Number : 782
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Spartan Tue 26 Nov 2013 - 14:23

Ok so I managed to play about online a bit last night.

I get invited to an in game party and join a private race. race was fine. then I backed out and tried the online hoppers, but I couldn't until I left the game party chat, went to the dashboard and created a new party (out of game party) and re invited my friend to chat.

We then decided to race together, so yep in game party all over again and, yet again I cant search for games so I have to sit on the home screen waiting for a notification that the host has found a room. If I went off the home screen I wouldn't get invites.

Its not the same with all games, fifa has an in game invite system with no party requirements ect. 10,000,000 sperm and the turn 10 team were the fastest ones... Sad

While im here, is anyone having any issue with the braking setup at all ? people seem to be having difficulty with sensitivity ect. Is this just the evolution of the game to which we need to adjust or is it off ? I personally am good with the set ups but know of a few people experiencing troubles.

Thanks for reading guys.
F4H Spartan
F4H Spartan

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2012-06-01

http://www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Spartan Tue 26 Nov 2013 - 14:25

crud, posted in the wrong bit ^
F4H Spartan
F4H Spartan

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Tue 26 Nov 2013 - 14:31

I noticed.... you can edit it you know
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Spartan Tue 26 Nov 2013 - 14:37

ahhh sorry im in noob mode today.
F4H Spartan
F4H Spartan

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Tue 26 Nov 2013 - 17:58

@ mamu.
I have found you can duplicate fm4 braking by first adjusting your dead zones of your controller, this is available in game in the settings menu for controller.
adjust them to fully open (0 being lowest and 100 being full travel).
then.... fit race brakes to every car with the braking pressure set to 65%, this is pretty much the same feel as fm4, but in fm5 the bumps in the road allow a lock up or even the locking up of one wheel when turning in.
hope this helps everyone.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Tue 26 Nov 2013 - 18:04

Huh, that's the first time I've heard of adjusting the dead zones on a controller on Forza. Maybe on any racing game on console for that matter.
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Tue 26 Nov 2013 - 18:19

Standaman94 wrote:Huh, that's the first time I've heard of adjusting the dead zones on a controller on Forza. Maybe on any racing game on console for that matter.
It was there on Forza 4 as well Stan, keep up son Wink 
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Tue 26 Nov 2013 - 18:20

I moved all my deadzones to 0/100. Gives more travel in the sticks and triggers allowing clumsy hand.....errrr more precise control for the guy here learning how to play on a controller for the first time.

My brake pressure is at 125 though

EDIT: the 16 player thing is also on Dead Rising. Me thinks it's a MS issue right now.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Tue 26 Nov 2013 - 18:24

BG Hainesy wrote:
Standaman94 wrote:Huh, that's the first time I've heard of adjusting the dead zones on a controller on Forza. Maybe on any racing game on console for that matter.
It was there on Forza 4 as well Stan, keep up son Wink 
Wat, no way, I never saw it... Or maybe I did and I didn't need to change it...
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Tue 26 Nov 2013 - 18:33

so stan, its a hooray for the tubbi tip then.
maybe I should open up my own page...........
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next