TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident

+10
FSR Groves
Turbo Power 77
Slider S15
TheAngryPudding
AMR of the Apex
TLR Scrublord
LMR Sahara
Ax4x Mikey J
SVR Yamagura
Ax4x Chaddy
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident Empty Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 13:20

Former motor racing world champion Michael Schumacher has been seriously hurt in a skiing accident, according to reports in France.

French media organisation Europe 1 reported that he had been taken to a hospital with a head injury.

The accident reportedly happened while the 44-year-old was skiing in the French resort of Meribel in the popular Three Valleys ski area.

It is understood he was wearing a helmet and was taken to Grenoble Hospital by helicopter in a conscious state.
Map of Grenoble, France

Christophe Gernignon-Lecomte, director general of Meribel ski resort, told radio station RMC: "For the moment I don't know the severity of the injury.

"The gendarmes are at the scene investigating how the accident happened.

"He was taken by helicopter to Grenoble Hospital. I don't know if it happened on piste or off piste."

The German owns a chalet in Meribel and is a keen skiier.
Formula One driver German Michael Schumacher skiing in 2006 The German F1 legend skiing in Italy in 2006

Schumacher retired from Formula 1 for a second time in December last year.

The German driver made a disappointing return to the sport after making his comeback in 2010, managing only one podium finish during his three years with Mercedes.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident Empty Re: Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident

Post by SVR Yamagura Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 13:30

Just read this on Jalopnik. Crazy B45t4rd!
SVR Yamagura
SVR Yamagura

TORA Race Number : 247
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2012-11-19

Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident Empty Re: Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 17:45

Praying for a speedy recovery. I may not of been a fan of his racing tactics, but I respect him for teh records he set.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Sahara Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 17:59

shame, this is somewhat the same information that was given out about Ayrton. From what I hear though, at worst it could just be a concussion
LMR Sahara
LMR Sahara

TORA Race Number : 195
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2012-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Scrublord Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 21:10

TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2413
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 21:19

^ I hope that the BBC is right, as I just saw this:

Former Formula 1 champion Michael Schumacher is fighting for his life in intensive care tonight following a horrific skiing accident.

The 44-year-old's head hit a rock following an off-piste fall in the French Alpine resort of Meribel on Sunday morning.

An emergency evacuation followed, with Schumacher airlifted off the slopes by helicopter while still conscious.

But tonight the local Dauphine Libere newspaper reported that the German's life was in danger.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2530681/BREAKING-NEWS-Former-F1-champion-racing-driver-Michael-Schumacher-suffers-head-injuries-skiing-accident.html

Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 21:23

Flyin Mikey J wrote:^ I hope that the BBC is right, as I just saw this:

Former Formula 1 champion Michael Schumacher is fighting for his life in intensive care tonight following a horrific skiing accident.

The 44-year-old's head hit a rock following an off-piste fall in the French Alpine resort of Meribel on Sunday morning.

An emergency evacuation followed, with Schumacher airlifted off the slopes by helicopter while still conscious.

But tonight the local Dauphine Libere newspaper reported that the German's life was in danger.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2530681/BREAKING-NEWS-Former-F1-champion-racing-driver-Michael-Schumacher-suffers-head-injuries-skiing-accident.html

...case closed.
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

TORA Race Number : TBD
Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3833
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Sahara Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 21:32

From what I hear from a friend of mine (Michael Gloves Very Happy)
Latest reports out of France: Cerebral Haemorrhage for Schumacher. Condition now life threatening. Wife and kids at his side and his brothers official website has gone black.

Last edited by MATT PASTRAMNI on Mon 30 Dec 2013 - 6:39; edited 1 time in total
LMR Sahara
LMR Sahara

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Scrublord Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 21:38

Well fingers crossed then.
TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2413
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 21:39

There's only a date on that french website I'm assuming you are reading it from.

We shouldnt have threads like these because everyone's getting mixed reports.
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 21:42

AMR Garage wrote:There's only a date on that french website I'm assuming you are reading it from.

We shouldnt have threads like these because everyone's getting mixed reports.

Breaking news often has mixed reports, but that is no reason not to have threads in my opinion.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 21:46

Vishals post was information I posted on Facebook. My information comes from a friend of mine who works for Autosport. They've been in continual contact with local press, Schumachers management and Bild in Germany. That information is sound, Schumacher is in a coma having suffered a Cerebral Haemorrhage. He's in a critical condition.

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 21:52

I'd also recommend anyone on twitter follow @former_f1doc Gary Hartstein. Very informative tweets highlighting severity of the injuries and next course of action

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 21:57

I know just enough German to know this is bad...

Koma: Michael Schumacher kämpft um sein Leben
Von Andreas Reiners - 29.12.2013-22:39
Schumachers Zustand ist nach seinem Skiunfall kritisch. Er erlitt ein Kopftrauma mit Koma, das umgehend eine neurochirurgische Behandlung erforderte.

Das Management hat den kritischen Zustand von Michael Schumacher bestätigt: Der Formel-1-Rekordweltmeister erlitt am Sonntag bei seinem Skiunfall in den französischen Alpen «ein Kopftrauma mit Koma, das umgehend eine neurochirurgische Behandlung erforderte».
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 22:13

AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 22:47

Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbo Power 77 Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 22:55

The BBC doing there best as usual by showing photos of his brother Ralf rather than Michael. Well done BBC  Evil or Very Mad 

Turbo Power 77

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2013-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Mon 30 Dec 2013 - 0:02

I'll be posting up-to-date CONFIRMED information at the following link as soon as it becomes available:

http://rtrsports.com/en/formula1/formula-one-schumacher-in-coma-following-skiing-accident-2300gmt-2912/
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2558

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Dec 2013 - 0:08

I do hope he's okay, Button and Schumacher pretty much defined F1 for me since I was a kid.

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Mon 30 Dec 2013 - 1:10

We'll hear some information tomorrow morning.

Until then, I wish Schumi the best. It really sounds like he's had some very bad injuries.
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Sahara Mon 30 Dec 2013 - 6:38

MichaelJGroves wrote:Vishals post was information I posted on Facebook. My information comes from a friend of mine who works for Autosport. They've been in continual contact with local press, Schumachers management and Bild in Germany. That information is sound, Schumacher is in a coma having suffered a Cerebral Haemorrhage. He's in a critical condition.

My apologies lol, Starting to get more and more lazy every day. Edited Very Happy
LMR Sahara
LMR Sahara

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 30 Dec 2013 - 7:59

Thoughts and prayers with Michael, his wife and children, Forza Schui
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Mon 30 Dec 2013 - 10:28

jgroves1996 wrote:I'll be posting up-to-date CONFIRMED information at the following link as soon as it becomes available:

http://rtrsports.com/en/formula1/formula-one-schumacher-in-coma-following-skiing-accident-2300gmt-2912/

Latest update available now:at that link, he is still in an artificial coma with one operation at the moment.
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2558

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Mon 30 Dec 2013 - 16:22

Hope he's alright, hang in there chap

Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident 5PD59fP
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Tue 31 Dec 2013 - 0:41

When you think about all the great rivalries of the 90s and 00s, you'll probably notice Michael Schumacher is the common denominator in all of these combinations. The rest just seemed to come and go! I really hope Schumi pulls through. For me as a young F1 fan starting in 1999, Michael Schumacher was F1!
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next