TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
ATR/SMRC News Thread EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
ATR/SMRC News Thread EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
ATR/SMRC News Thread EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
ATR/SMRC News Thread EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
ATR/SMRC News Thread EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
ATR/SMRC News Thread EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
ATR/SMRC News Thread EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
ATR/SMRC News Thread EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
ATR/SMRC News Thread EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

ATR/SMRC News Thread

+14
Y22 DJH
JAMIE ANDERS0N
culchi
ONR Baby Jet 3
nickyf1
lfcnicklfc
CQR Champion
CQR The Butcher
XTI Jon Snow
CQR Rogue
PLOW Kris
Pebb
ATR DAN
Matt
18 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ATR/SMRC News Thread Empty ATR/SMRC News Thread

Post by Matt Fri 13 Mar 2009 - 21:18

The team known as THR which has been involved in the GT's since its inception is undergoing the biggest change in its 10 year history.
Partly due to the global crisis and partly due to the teams lack of on track form the decision has been made to change the whole format of the team.

During the latter part of eason 3 there were extensive behind the scenes talks with Austins Motorsport. The results of this, and perhaps the worst kept secret of the year, is that THR and Austins have joined forces for Season 4.
Out of the former teams two new organisations have arisen using the resources of both teams.

ATR (Austins-THR Racing) and Scuderia Marlboro Rosso Corsa (SMRC) will be contesting the fourth GT Championship.
The exact driver line ups and car choices have yet to be announced or confirmed.

Last edited by Jenson09 on Sun 15 Mar 2009 - 23:13; edited 2 times in total
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

ATR/SMRC News Thread Empty Re: ATR/SMRC News Thread

Post by ATR DAN Fri 13 Mar 2009 - 21:33

Thanks for that Jenson.
During the end of season three, myself and Jenson got together because of two reasons. Firstly I needed some team mates because it has been a one man effort for some of season three. Secondly, Jenson needed someone who was not only a fast driver; but also a very good technician in terms of car development and in car setup as well.
The two of us came to an agreement that we can run a joint project together; but also to run an A and B team. The A team is going to be run as Austins THR Racing and the B team is to be called Scuderia Marlboro Rosso Corsa.

The Relentless THR and Austins Motorsport teams had mixed results in season three. But I feel that with our joint project and also with our driving talent for season four, we have a very strong chance of winning the drivers and teams championship. As Jenson says, the driver line ups are not fully offical just yet; other than the Season three champion KR15 ONE has decided to join us in the ATR team.

More news to come very soon from myself and Jenson09!

Last edited by DAN 2605 on Wed 11 Nov 2009 - 10:28; edited 2 times in total
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Fri 13 Mar 2009 - 21:43

NEWSFLASH!!!

As ATM team manager announced very recently Season 3 champion Kris One will be bringing the #1 Plate to Austins THR for season 4.
Additonally DAN brings with him the #2 giving the team the best looking start to the new championship!
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Fri 13 Mar 2009 - 21:48

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Fri 13 Mar 2009 - 22:19

SMRC also revealed its testing livery which will adorn all cars it uses in in its testing program.
This includes the range of cars it is currntly narrowing. The team showed off the paint on a newly delivered Honda NSX though it is still unclear what car the team has decided to use.
jenson09 this evening claimed the choice was 'too close to call at this time'. And suggested there were as many as four candidates still on th team's list.

ATR/SMRC News Thread Smrctesting
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebb Fri 13 Mar 2009 - 23:37

It is good to see such news.

Pebb

Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1679
Registration date : 2008-08-14

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pebb/

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Fri 13 Mar 2009 - 23:38

The question was recently asked at the team launches as to how the oranisations would really combine.
This is how it will work:

The former THR headquarters in Fishponds, Bristol will become the home for SMRC.
Its proximity to windtunnel facilities proving too good an opportunity to give up.

Austin Motorsport's factory in Telford will become the home of ATM.

The teams main championship officiated test venue will be Silverstone though it is expected that the teams proximities to Castle Combe and Donington Park will see many private tests take place at those tracks too.

In addition to the main sites the teams long term painting factories remain in Weston-super-Mare. All team equipment and vehicles are sent here to be painted up in the new seasons livery before being returned to the headquarters for vinyl application.

So.... thats how two teams work together!!

More to come soon.
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW Kris Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 20:41

My i say thank you to my new manager dan2605 and jenson09 for the great opportunity for the upcoming season . Very Happy
PLOW Kris
PLOW Kris

Number of posts : 713
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 22:20

I must also thank Jenson, Chucky & TVR throughout season 3 THR was a great team to race with and I am looking forward to Season 4 with Dan and Kris who I must thank for given me a great oppertuinty Very Happy
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue 17 Mar 2009 - 8:47

The reigning GT champion and runner up DAN took to the track yesterday evening along with team owner jenson09 to evaluate yet more cars in the teams process to retain the chamionship for Kris one.

While it is more or less certain the SMRC cars have now been chosen the ATR cars are stillin discussion with a number of manufacturers wishing to pledge their support to the team.

A full announcememnt on cars is expected in the near future but for now the teams are keeping their cards VERY close to their chests.
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebb Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 0:12

19th March - J.Wynder looking forward to next season

Jamie today confrimed he is looking forward to making a full come back for Season. However when asked weather he will be challenging for a top 10 drivers slot.

He had this to say:

"Since I am a bit rusty at the moment, I don't feel I will be able to challenge for a top 10 slot. But if I do finish in 10th place, then I will be happy."

Other then that, Jamie also had this to say:

"The thing I am most looking forward to season 4 is the fun, that next season will provide."

Pebb

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 20:03

Sources close to the team suggest that SMRC has already signed its manufacturers deal and chosen its challenger ahead of Season 4.

After a number of top secret tests at closed circuits it it thought the team will be almost certainly be using a RWD car.
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 21:51

Our sources have also managed to find out that the ATR squad have also certainly found their car/s of choice to fight for both the drivers and teams championships.
More details about this will be released in the not so distant future. The only thing to report was that the team manager DAN 2605 was very pleased with both the teams testing so far in it's early stages.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 21:54

And yet its also a RWD drive car!!!!
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 21:55

OOh I don't know about that! People would have to find out soon what our powertrain is! lol Razz
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebb Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 22:37

29th March - Future Team Photo Shoot

J.Wynder today revealed, that the team will be doing a photo shoot in the near future. However when asked, what date this Photo Shoot will happened.

Jamie had this to say: "We do not have a date yet."

Moving On

How is testing going? While I have not turned up for any testing of late, I am looking forward to doing some more testing this week or next week.

Are you looking forward to using your car? The car feels very good.

Pebb

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 2 Apr 2009 - 14:19

Selective Rogue arrived at Mugello last night and will be testing most of friday in prepartion for a group test with ATR/SMRC.

How do you feel about the new season and new rules?

Well after a great 2nd half to the season 3rd season, I feel very confindent going forward and am looking forward to getting on the track.

You recently took part in the Petit Lemans event at road atalanta, have you got any more pre-seaon events lined up?

I had a result in Gt1 and yes I am looking forward to some more races, I am looking forward to the final round of the Touring car where I ran a audi S4 for project reality.

Any closing words?

I would like to thank all the lads at ATR/SMRC for all there help and what prmises to be a great season.
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sun 26 Apr 2009 - 9:49

ON TRACK:

Both teams have team testing extensively ahead of the season opener next week in Italy.
Representatives from ATR and SMRC in the shape of DAN, Rogue, jenson09 and Chucky have been seen lapping Road America extensively this week with both sets of drivers reporting good balance from the cars and the times gradually improving throughout the tests.

DAN has spent most of the time re-aclimatising to his car after a number of weeks stuck at home.
The SMRC boys have been working alot of set up and power. In the final hours of the tests jenson09 seemed to hit on the right formula, posting a time 1.5s faster than he had previously gone.

Reigning champion Kris has switched to the Dodge Viper after a comparision test provided better results for him. DAN and Rogue will continue with the Maserati GS. The teams testing program is not expected to be adversly effected by the change.

BUSINESS
The THR Group announced a sponsorship deal with Radio Le Mans during the week. Both sets of cars will be featuring the RLM and the Midweek Motorsport logos throughout the season with the hope that TORA can benefit from the partnership too.

SMRC announced additional personal sponsorship for the three cars.
jenson09: Star Radio and Valeo
TVRFan, Chucky1982: Southern Daily Echo.

All eyes are now on Road America for the Media Day.
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 10:32

THR/SMRC NEWS

After the media day at Road America, ATR boss DAN 2605 was very pleased with the teams progress. Not only did the team show off their new colours and logos for the season, but the teams three drivers managed to get themselves into the top eight as well. We caught up with a quick word with DAN about his and the teams chances for the season:

So DAN, how does it feel to be back on the race track because you've been away a while ain't you?

Yes I have! But I can honestly tell you that it's fantastic to be back; and right on the pace of the fast guys as well which I was chuffed to bits about as well. Obviously, I feel gutted about losing the GPC and Seat cups through no fault of my own. But I suppose that we all have to move on.

That's one point I was going to make out to you that you lost two championships. Has that made you even more determined to do well this season?

To start with, I was really gutted about losing both of those championships. Especially in the Seat cup: because I was totally dominating that event. But I suppose it's the way that the points system works. You are not really awarded that much if you dominate something. But given a bit of time now and I've forgotten all about it. I've switched my focus to this season's GT championship.
If anything, losing those two championships has made me even more determined to win the championship this season. Not just for myself; but for my team as well.

You guys went to Road America for the media day and you compared yourselfs against the other teams. How happy are you by your teams progress?

I am very pleased! I can't tell you how happy I am to see that my team mates are really quick as well. KR15 ONE has shown how that he wants to retain the title that he won last year. He is a very fast, smooth driver; so you can never write him off ina ny of the races this year. But the biggest surprise in the team for me is our new driver Selective Rogue. He has shown to be fast and consistent in the Maserati. He has something to prove this year and our original founder Jenson09 has all the faith in him. And to be honest, I can see why he wanted me to add Selective to the line up. But as a whole, I am very pleased with my drivers. They have done a very good job so far in their preparation for the new season.
And to be honest, I was really surprised to be right up there with the best of them because as you say, it's my first time back on the circuit.

What are your hopes for this season's championship?

Well, theres no other target except to fight for both the drivers and teams championship. We have shown that not only are we fast individually, but we work really well as a team as well. But our other target is to try and get Jenson09's team higher up the grid. That was one other reason that I came on board with this project was to help him and his team mates as well.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 11:16

SMRC News:

We got some time with team owner jenson09 following the Media Day at Road America and this is what came up....

So jenson, the Media Day's not long finished and the first round is not far away. How do you feel things are progressing?
Yeah, its been fun. After a while of NOT enjoying GT racing its good to have a strong car and I'm starting to feel 'it' again!

You're running the SMRC team or THR Mk2. Happy with the layout?
I think so yes. I have two good team mates with me in TVRFan and Chucky. Guys who I've raced with since day one so we know what we're doing and how to get the best out of eachother.
The other side of the THR stable has the current chap and runner up so I'm pretty pleased with the set up.

You're using the Honda, all three of you, while ATR use the Maserati. Do you think there's going to be any problems with testing a range of cars?
I don't think so. the drivers we have, have depth in talent and testing ability and we've already found 1.5s with the Honda so I'm pleased. Obviously it would be better if we wer all at the same level but I'm relatively happy with the set up.

You recently announced a tie in with Radio Le Mans. What will that entail?
At the minute we are running with their logos on the car. Hopefully we will get some more involvement with them in due course as the season progresses.

Hopes for the season?
No real hopes as yet. But has to be better than last season.
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW Kris Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 20:33

THR/SMRC NEWS

After last nites shakedown at the media day round rd America Kris one was very surprised at the pace of his viper gts atr !

ATR/SMRC News Thread Shapei10"Having only been available for 2 test sessions prior to the media day event i was happy to be in the top lobby and also felt the car was quite competitive."

Whats next for the viper gts atr?

ATR/SMRC News Thread Action10

ATR/SMRC News Thread Shapei10"Having that shakedown last nite i know where the car needs improving and over the next couple of days the car will be going under quite a transformation at the moment the pace is there but the car is chattering quite a lot and as a result it wants to under steer straight off through the fast turns so that's going to be the next stage for development"

ATR/SMRC News Thread Action11

all three drivers in top lobby

ATR/SMRC News Thread Shapei10"That for me was the best result off the night team boss dan 2605 has really dialed in the Maserati and with the phenomenal pace of new driver selective rouge things are really looking good for us all."

Good luck for the opening race

ATR/SMRC News Thread Shapei10"Many thanks i know its going to be a tough season but for me it will be an interesting one with so many fast drivers out there any body could win which is very exciting."

Thanks KRIS ONE

Last edited by kris one on Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 20:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : MAKEING AN AMENMENT)
PLOW Kris
PLOW Kris

Number of posts : 713
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebb Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 21:19

27th April - Jamie to make his return to GT racing at the weekend

After being away from GT racing for a long time, Jamie today confrimed that he will be making his full return in the first race.

----

Questions

Where do you hope to finish in the first race? Top 10

What do you hope will be your final championship position? I want to finish in the top 10 for this as well.

Pebb

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 22:45

Should damn well hope so Jamie!!!!
PM I have some revisions for you.
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 23:13

Good luck to SMRC! Hope to have lots of battles with matt!

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 23:15

agreed with aj, i remember the time i had holding off jenson on laguna for the test. great cars too!
XTI Jon Snow
XTI Jon Snow

TORA Race Number : 199
Number of posts : 2680
Registration date : 2009-03-22

http://xtiforums.myfreeforum.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next