TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD Empty AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD

Post by ATR DAN Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 0:32

Hey guys.
Guess what? AUSTINS MOTORSPORT IS NOT DEAD!!! YEEEEE HAAAAAAAAH cheers cheers cheers

Right now, we are going to use three Honda Civic Type R's for our championship effort. Also, we are currently looking for two drivers for our team. If anyone would like to apply, please send us a private message and I'll get back to you a.s.a.p
There is also a seat available for someone who wants to be our regular test/reserve driver.
I'm going to do something unusual as well. Drivers can also earn a salary. 45,000 cr's per race to be precise. Although that can be negotionable.
Test/Reserve drivers will get 20,000 cr's per test session.
How this works is that I will buy any car off you from the auction house (literally, any car) for that amount.

Photo's of the car will be uploaded a.s.a.p
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD Empty Re: AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD

Post by ckBrenneke Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 8:27

You will need to submit a request for car use. There is going to be a limit on the number of cars available, as in the BGT. This will be cleared up once the regulations are made public.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 10:27

ckBrenneke wrote:You will need to submit a request for car use. There is going to be a limit on the number of cars available, as in the BGT. This will be cleared up once the regulations are made public.

Where do I need to submit the car? Or is there a thread coming later for me to do that??
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 10:35

All information will be made available soon.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 23:09

Welcome to issue #2 of our news letter.

Austins Motorsport would like to happily announce the signing of two new drivers. Everyone please welcome Aid123X and Crisis Nine. cheers cheers

These guys have seen the potential to grow not only as team mates; but as drivers aswell. Austins Motorsport provides drivers with the vital steps to those who have only just started out to enter any championship. That's what I saw with these two guys when they applied; so that's why I'm glad to have them on-board.

Also, we've managed to secure a deal with ckBrenneke to use three 2007 Honda Civic Type R's for this season. So all the credit goes to him for providing us with some pretty awesome machinery.
Obviously, our target won't be to win the championship. But to basically gain experience and also to finish in the midfield (possibly the top half of this championship). Then again; we might do better than we think we are. Who knows. That's what I love about Motorsport; Unpredictability.

But there is still a seat left for a test/reserve driver if anyone is still interested. I'll increase the salary to 25,000 cr's per test session. Please send us a private message if anyone is interested in this role.

Photo's for the car will be provided a.s.a.p

Thanks for reading and happy racing!!!!!!
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 23:32

Dan, please bear in mind you still need to request to use that car when the regs go up. In the interest of fairness, you may not get three of them to use.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 23:35

ckBrenneke wrote:Dan, please bear in mind you still need to request to use that car when the regs go up. In the interest of fairness, you may not get three of them to use.

Come on man. Put them up a.s.a.p so you don't have to remind me again!! I can't wait for this season to start!!! Laughing Laughing
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 23:37

The season is unlikely to start for another 3 weeks.

The car list is effectively done, but will not be confirmed until we are 100% certain it is perfect. 2-3 more days and hopefully it will be up. We will then give 1-2 weeks practice before car selection is allowed. Be patient, and you will recieve info as soon as I do Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 23:46

Marchie wrote:The season is unlikely to start for another 3 weeks.

The car list is effectively done, but will not be confirmed until we are 100% certain it is perfect. 2-3 more days and hopefully it will be up. We will then give 1-2 weeks practice before car selection is allowed. Be patient, and you will recieve info as soon as I do Wink

Don't worry man. I'm being calm and patient. You know me. I'm always calm, not agressive to people.
I'm just thinking to make it fair for everyone. Could you increase the amount of cars that everyone can use or not? From 5-6 to 7-8? Just an idea. And No!!! This isn't because ckBrenneke said that I may not be able to use three civics!!!!
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 23:49

Hahaha! Nah, with the amount of cars we have planned in the list, there are many many varieties. 5 is the set maximum. Just be the first to select your car!

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 23:56

Marchie wrote:Hahaha! Nah, with the amount of cars we have planned in the list, there are many many varieties. 5 is the set maximum. Just be the first to select your car!

That's fine. Also; in the BTCC in real life, you don't see any team running two different cars do you?
What I also had in mind; is instead of the limited amount of drivers who can have one type of car. How about limiting the number of teams who uses each car instead? Say for example, only limit it to two teams who can use one car.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 23:57

Actually, yeah, you do.

Robertshaw Racing ran two Chevrolet Lacettis and a Honda Integra in 2008.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 22 Oct 2008 - 0:03

ckBrenneke wrote:Actually, yeah, you do.

Robertshaw Racing ran two Chevrolet Lacettis and a Honda Integra in 2008.

Yeah!! One team. But that's the only one I've seen in BTCC history who ran two different cars.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Oct 2008 - 10:55

We dont want to restrict players joining teams simply becuase they dont like the car.

When the official rules are posted, they will be final. Just to let you know, a maximum of 5 cars available IS in the rules Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 22 Oct 2008 - 15:15

Marchie wrote:We dont want to restrict players joining teams simply becuase they dont like the car.

When the official rules are posted, they will be final. Just to let you know, a maximum of 5 cars available IS in the rules Very Happy

That's true. But either way, you always get people who are not always going to use the car they'd chosen. Whether you've got the car restriction to 5 or like I've suggested; for two teams to use one type of car.
It's a good idea I think. Chiefly because you've not only got a lot of people competing against one another. But you've also got a battle between two teams to see who does the best job with the same car.
That's what this is about isn't it?? Competing and also having fun?

Last edited by DAN 2605 on Wed 22 Oct 2008 - 15:23; edited 1 time in total
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Wed 22 Oct 2008 - 15:22

This restriction is borne from a problem we faced last year, where almost everyone drove the same model of car. We want variety, hence the move to restrict how many of each are available.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 22 Oct 2008 - 15:30

ckBrenneke wrote:This restriction is borne from a problem we faced last year, where almost everyone drove the same model of car. We want variety, hence the move to restrict how many of each are available.

Oh!! You need a vast variety of cars (which I can understand). Hopefully with the restrictions, not a lot of people will use the same car anyway.
Say you had 10 teams; and between them you've got five different varieties of cars. BRILLIANT!!! They didn't have that many in either the BTCC or the WTCC I don't think.
Simple I think. And if you guys could give it a go one day, it will work!!!! But that's my opinion of course.
What I'll do later is post this in the suggestions part of the forum and see what everyone else thinks.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Oct 2008 - 16:43

I believe we are at the point where rules are finished. Suggestions are likely to be dismissed.

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 22 Oct 2008 - 17:03

Come on Marchie. It's never too late for anything!!!!
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 12 Nov 2008 - 19:27

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD Austin10

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD Header10

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT NEWSLETTER (12/11/2008)

Hi everyone. Welcome to another issue of our newsletter.

As some of you know from the last issue, the team were planning originally to have three drivers in the squad: and also to use the same car.
Unfortunately, Crisis Nine has had to pull out from the team for reason's that the organisation can't explain. Dan was perticulary sad to see crisis go, and wishing him the best of luck for any other championship he does.
So now, it's just a two car effort for Austins Motorsport. With Team boss and driver number one, DAN 2605 in the Honda Civic Type R. And the teams number two Aid123X driving the new Seat Leon Cupra.
We cought up with Dan for a few words about the season ahead and also the teams chances this year:

SO DAN, HOW DO YOU SEE YOURSELF AND THE TEAMS CHANCES FOR THIS SEASON?

"To be honest, very well. Our team are looking very strong for this season. We have two very good cars with the Honda and the Seat. But also with myself and with Aid123X. Aid especially because he's a very good young talent who could have something to prove this year."

OBVIOUSLY, IT COULD HAVE BEEN A THREE CAR TEAM. BUT HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN CRISIS HAD TO PULL OUT?

"Quite shocked. I was obviously looking forward to working with him. We've sent the odd message to one another and he was very good, honest, stand up guy that you could count on. Shame really, but I wish him the best in all the championships he's entering."

OFF TO MAPLE VALLEY SHORT FOR THE FIRST RACE. HOW GOOD ARE YOUR CHANCES FOR THAT RACE?

"To be honest, the first race doesn't matter too much. It really doesn't decide who's the best and worst: because the circuit is that short that everyone's laptimes are going to be very close to each other. So you really don't have any indication about who is going to be where in both the qualifying and the race."
"I realise that because the times are going to be so close, that one small mistake could send you from the front to the midfield. Or even the back of the field. So it's a real headache for all the drivers."

Thanks for reading.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisis Nine Wed 12 Nov 2008 - 19:50

Aww bless ya mate that's well nice.

Hopefully if I find the time I might join up again at some stage but I can't commit to it right now I'm afraid.

Crisis Nine

TORA Race Number : 152
Number of posts : 2192
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 13:49

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD Header10

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT NEWSLETTER 10/12/2008 pt1

Hello everyone to another edition of this two part Austins Motorsport newsletter.
The team were so busy preparing for the race that they've forgot to announce their new third driver for the team. He is someone who the team boss believes is going to be the best driver in the field.
The team would like to announce their third driver, KR15 ONE.

Part 2 of our newsletter will appear later; including a full race report on what happened to DAN, Aid and KR15. Also, we will be getting a full interview with all the drivers to get there reaction on the first three races of round one at Maple Valley Short.

Thanks for reading. Part two coming very soon!!!
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW Kris Tue 6 Jan 2009 - 23:41

please take a look at the all new team austin sentra!AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD Team_a10
PLOW Kris
PLOW Kris

Number of posts : 713
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW Kris Wed 4 Mar 2009 - 15:48

Laguna seca rounds 19-20-21

A surprise was in store for team austins as both drivers made it in to the top lobby for the rounds at the famous American track.

qualification was not as straight forward as the boys hoped as DAN posted the same time as LFCNICK which saw the pair
right at the cut off point for both lobbies with no way of separating the pair igrshortshift made way from the top lobby and out of the event its self with engine troubles , which in turn promoted DAN and LFC NICK in to the top lobby.

A good lap from KRIS ONE saw him put his car in to 4th spot n lobby A .... Very Happy

So to the race......... by far the best action was to be had in race 2 as from the start it was a tight encounter,as the cars round the last turn on the rolling up lap tension was riseing...

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD A3991010

All 8 cars obeyed the start line rules an away they went,
super starts from LFCNICK and DAN saw the drivers head in to turn one hot on NICKFTM3's boot...

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD 50841510

A small tap from LFCNICK saw NICKFTM3 slide off i to the kitty litter...

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD E2f90010
Which allowed the rest of the field to stream through.....

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD 175a9110

Coming out of turn one TEAM MATES COLLIDE!!!! AJ THE BUTCHER and BARTONFINK have a coming together which see the hapless Barton slide wide allowing Dan to nip past

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD A2478c10...

dropping Barton down to 3rd .

Lap 2 saw the battling come from KRIS ONE and TUBBYBOY heading up to the corkscrew tubby has a little slide

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD 5c5c3910

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD E2809910

which lead to a chain of side by side action

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD 931bfe10

only at the last corner saw Kris take the chance to power by

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD 9782b310

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD 2c2c0d10

Only for 2 laps did Kris manage to hold of tubby and try to let his team m8 Dan get away as coming out of turn4 Kris out braked himself and ran wide allowing tubby to nip past

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD E36ca011

Now on the hunt tubby was running down dan

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD F70b6e10

at almost a second a lap and at the start of lap 6 tubby was hanging of Dan's back bumper pushing him in to making a small mistake!
And the mistake happened coming out of the fast right of turn 4 a small jump on the gas to early saw Dan run a little wide wide allowing tubby to draw alongside and both driver were not about to give an inch powering down to the next turn a slow left turn 5 saw the two collide Dan gave tubby a small tap...

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD 95a5a210

which in turn sent tubbys car in to a huge tail fish and back in to dan!!

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD 7150c610

which led to the Dan spinning off in to the gravel and tubby in to the wall

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD D1d71610

dan recovered quickly and rejoined behind the battling pair of LFCNICK AND NICKFTM3 after there first coming together on lap 1 by now nickftm was crawling all over the back of lfcnick and for the next lap they were locked together in battle lfcnick had to hold out for 2 more laps "could he do it?" for the whole of lap 7 nickftm was lunging and diving all around the back of lfcnick's car looking for the best place to over take coming out of turn 5 nickftm got a really good run on lfcnick and his mirror was full of the rapid fit focus all the way up the hill going in to the corkscrew. .................................
and then lfcnick out braked himself letting nickftm drive alongside and through under the Mazda bridge

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD 18960b10

and nickftm pulled away ...and that was to say the same all the way to the line.

Team Austins would like to congratulate ajthe butcher on his win cheers

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD 9a924410

and king hill for making it in to lobby A once again on only his second outing.

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD 5353fb10

results for the second race were
p1 ajthebutcher
p2 bartonfink
p3 kris one
p4 nickftm3
p5 lfcnick
p6 dan 2605
p7 king hill
p8 tubbyboy

Last edited by kris one on Wed 4 Mar 2009 - 23:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding pics)
PLOW Kris
PLOW Kris

Number of posts : 713
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Sat 7 Mar 2009 - 20:38

AUSTINS MOTORSPORT - NEWS THREAD Autosp10

The Austins Motorsport team manager DAN 2605 has been interviewed exclusively for Autosport.com to talk about there season so far and there future plans.

Hi Dan; how’s it going?

Fine thanks very much. Couldn’t be any better.

This season couldn’t have gone better for Austins Motorsport could it?

It could! But to be honest, I am very pleased with our performances this season. Second in the table and we are the best of the non-four wheel drive cars of course. KR15 has been unlucky this season in not getting a race win. I’ve been fortunate to get two; but those were due to the reverse grid system. Other than that, the development of the cars has been a real struggle. The Honda Civic especially! The Nissan has been equally hard, but that car already has the pace to be in Lobby A anyway.
But right now, we have developed the cars even more for the last time this season. Indications so far show that both cars feel much better to drive. The Honda has certainly found some speed now for sure. But as I say, this will be the last development for both cars because I have some ideas lined up for next season!

Could you tell us what sort of plans that you have in mind and how that’s progressing?

Sure! Basically, the rules for season three are going to be quite different to the cars we use now. I can’t say too much about what changes are going to be made at this stage, but I am hoping that we can start a development programme as soon as we can. I am currently in talks with Ford to see if we can get three cars entered as a full factory team for next season. So far it’s going well! I am close now to signing a deal with them; fingers crossed!
Basically, we want to learn from this years mistakes to try and be the team to beat next season. If we can start developing soon, then we can be in the strongest position out of all the teams. We are currently the best of the rest, so why not be the best next season?

So basically this season’s development has stopped all together?

Yep! It certainly has. Myself and KR15 feel that we have got the cars now to their very best and we can consolidate our second place in the teams championship! We’ve pulled a little bit away from IOR Stobart and M+M Racing at Laguna Seca. We are too far behind to catch the Plow Motorsport team this season.

Finally, do you know what’s happened to your other driver Aid123X?

Good question! I HAVE NO IDEA!
I’ve tried getting in touch with him but he’s not answering back. Also, I have placed advertisements everywhere to see if they could find him! But we haven’t had any phone calls from anyone. So who knows!
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next