TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA 2015 Announcement

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 4 Empty TORA 2015 Announcement

TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 4 Tora_b11

TORA Offices - 3/10/14

Today TORA is proud to release details of it's initial 2015 activities. For the first time, TORA participants will be able to take part in championships featuring the best British circuits on the much anticipated new title, Project CARS from this Winter.

Why Project CARS?
TORA has always strived to bring the most realistic racing championships available.
We firmly believe that Project CARS provides us with a unique opportunity to not only bring new championships to the virtual racing community but also work with the best national and international series to represent them in the virtual sphere.
With a huge raft of real word circuits maticulously recreated and dozens of cars, Project CARS allows us to build on our expanding virtual racing world.

With that in mind we are proud to present two of our anticipated championships for Slighty Mad Studios' new title, Project CARS, starting in Winter 2015.

TORA GT Championship 2015
For the first time in TORA history, the premier GT series will take place on Project CARS. Based on the highly competitive British GT Championship, TORA GT brings together high powered sports cars with the most challenging circuits Britain has to offer.
The championship has a long standing link with TORA as it was the original inspiration for the TORA GT Championship, now entering it's 13th season.
The TORA British GT Championship will bring together cars from Audi, Aston Martin, Bentley, BMW, Ginetta, Mercedes, Nissan and Porsche (RUF) to compete at Britain's greatest circuits.

TORA President Matt Hunter;
"As the inspiration behind TORA's founding series, the opportunity to emulate the fantastic British GT Championship for the first time with the real cars and circuits is a massive opportunity for us.
We hope we can take this opportunity to show real and virtual fans alike why the British series is the best domestic sports car series in the world".

TORA Endurance Championship 2015
The 2015 TEC will make full use of Project CARS' full weather and day/night cycles to bring even more realism to the endurance events and it's associated coverage.
TORA will also be bringing new events to console racing for the first time.

Daytona 24 - The iconic opener to the US racing season arrives at TORA for the first time on Project CARS. Entrants will also be able to enjoy the preceding 'Roar Before the 24' test, all in real time and with full weather and time transition.

Bathurst 12 - This relative newcomer to the endurance calendar has captured the imagination of sports car fans all over the world and attracted some of the world's best to compete in this gruelling once around the clock event to conquer Mount Panorama.

Le Mans 24 - TORA's blue ribband event returns with full weather and day/night transition. Prepare for the focussing experience of nearly 200mph on the Mulsanne Straight at the dead of night. This race is going to be special!

Spa 24 - The premier racing event for GT3 and GT4 cars makes it long awaited debut at TORA. The weather in this region of Europe is notoriously fickle and rain is a constant threat. Can you tame Eau Rouge at night?

Silverstone 12 - The home of British motorsport and TORA's spiritual home, Silverstone plays host to the 12hrs multiclass race in Britain's early Autumn.
If the race is anything like the last two encounters this will be yet another classic.

Nurburgring 24 - The 2015 TORA racing calendar will conclude with the most challenging race of the year. Twice around the clock at the most iconic racing circuit on the planet.

The media output will continue to be a mix of our excellent in house talent and the experienced staff at Downforce Radio to whom we offer our thanks for their continuing involvement and support. TORA members can expect some particularly exciting developments in this area as we explore the options open to us with full twenty-four hour coverage of some of the world's greatest endurance races.

More news and championship details will be announced closer to the release of this much anticipated title.

Last edited by Matt on Wed 4 Nov 2015 - 15:01; edited 1 time in total
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

TORA 2015 Announcement :: Comments

RumbleBee 392

Post Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 5:34 by RumbleBee 392

thats cool Smile

Back to top Go down

LMR Sahara

Post Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 23:12 by LMR Sahara

TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 4 Gt3-pcars-jpg

Back to top Go down

RumbleBee 392

Post Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 23:17 by RumbleBee 392

Nice PC shot!

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 23:41 by Matt

That's gorgeous

Back to top Go down

ShrinkingSteven

Post Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 23:51 by ShrinkingSteven

Ill be back in a moment with that.....

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Kane

Post Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 1:12 by Ax4x Kane

Alright, this isn't a PCars vs FM5 showdown thread. The staff has taken this decision and it isn't up for debate (not for the fact that most seem to support this decision) It's great we have a choice and always have FM5 as a fall back option. I don't see it as putting all the eggs in one basket with FM5 sat on the backburner. Hopefully this should give T10 a kick up the arse to deliver with FM6 too. Competition often brings out the best.

Back to top Go down

SVR Solar

Post Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 1:28 by SVR Solar

I dont know whats going on but, i hope FM still is having the Tec Series/TCC/GT and all that otherwise TORA will lose quite some support cause obviously people are gonna prefer FM5 to PCars and Vise Versa but only time will tell with this move i guess, i Also got a chance to play Pcars at EGX, and to be quite frank yeh it is an amazing game, BUT! games have been like that before and gone down drain, not saying Pcars will but there is always that slight chance that it will

Back to top Go down

DonatedSatyr227

Post Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 13:22 by DonatedSatyr227

MATT PASTRAMNI wrote:TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 4 Gt3-pcars-jpg

Shocked looks amazing.

Back to top Go down

CQR Myles

Post Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 13:59 by CQR Myles

Those visuals are possible on console, cars on circuit though, single player probably, multiplayer no idea

Back to top Go down

CQR Myles

Post Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 13:23 by CQR Myles

Project CARS has been delayed, the new release date is 17th 2015 in the US and March 20th 2015
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/project-cars-dev-to-announce-delay-for-ps4-x1-pc-v/1100-6423015/

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Cowboy

Post Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 13:42 by Ax4x Cowboy

TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 4 1398483224959

Back to top Go down

MaynardMK4

Post Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 13:44 by MaynardMK4

Well this is awkward... lol.

Honestly though, Delaying it because they don't want to release alongside AAA titles, And so they can further polish the game is just stupid. If anything it's going to make people lose interest in the title.

Back to top Go down

CQR Myles

Post Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 14:06 by CQR Myles

It really could use the extra time for polish and finishing off new content

Back to top Go down

MaynardMK4

Post Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 14:17 by MaynardMK4

Eh yeah but name a game that wouldn't benefit from the developer delaying it to further polish the content.

Back to top Go down

AdamWatson99

Post Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 14:30 by AdamWatson99

Maynard, They want this game to be the best sim racing out there, look at FM5 for example, rushed job, i don't think TORA, the community and the devs to have another FM5 rushed and not polished and everything coming out as DLC, Let the developers do what they can to make this game the best they can

Back to top Go down

MaynardMK4

Post Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 14:48 by MaynardMK4

So what happens when more AAA title announce their releasing in March 2015? Does the game get delayed again? At the end of the day the game will either sink or swim, Regardless of when its released.

Back to top Go down

EZT MAKO 6669

Post Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 14:58 by EZT MAKO 6669

Yet another delay!?! Gee, what a surprise.

Back to top Go down

F4H Spartan

Post Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 15:24 by F4H Spartan

With modern technology and development methods the game could be released on time and become further polished through updates. Im all for it being the best game it can be but the "community assisted race sim" seems to be backing down when up against titles like COD and Assassins Creed, the reality is that the game is an entirely different genre and if you look at all the hands on viewpoints and the majority of the media the game is touted as a hardcore racers title which kind of limits its market anyway.

I intend to take up competetive masterbation while I wait for this game, ill set a time..... see if you can beat it

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 15:28 by TheAngryPudding

I have been highly critical of Forza 5 and I will now be consistent

I am seriously annoyed at this. If they'd found some major gameplay issue then I'd understand, but under the guise of "polishing the game" they are putting it back to avoid competition with the big titles.

So lets speak hypothetically here. Gran Turismo release a game in March next year, do they put it back again? Where do you draw the line?! The game will be a success or it wont because of the game, not what other titles come out at the same time! Gamers will buy the games that interest them, be it on release day, a week later, a month later. Very poor form

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Kane

Post Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 16:07 by Ax4x Kane

Damned if they do & damned if they don't springs to mind.

Back to top Go down

LMR Deftone MX

Post Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 16:10 by LMR Deftone MX

The delay doesn't bother me. Forza 5 was rushed and look at how that turned out lmao

Back to top Go down

CQR Myles

Post Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 16:23 by CQR Myles

The original date would have put it in the same time period (and day in the case of most of them) :
COD:AW
Halo MCC
Far Cry 4
AC: Unity
GTA V
The Crew

March 2015 on the other hand will see competition from releases like:
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Mortal Kombat X
Maybe Battlefield Hard On aswell

A much better chance to get into the spotlight while adding more content (Bentley, Audi and BMW LMP cars coming along) with fixing and polishing

Back to top Go down

ExesIV36

Post Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 16:29 by ExesIV36

Yes very disappointing indeed. Was looking forward to something different racing wise. I'd rather have a great stable game in the end.

Back to top Go down

RumbleBee 392

Post Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 16:42 by RumbleBee 392

saw this coming smh hopefully they get it right by March

Back to top Go down

XPR Roadrunner

Post Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 16:57 by XPR Roadrunner

me sad, but oh well

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next