TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
SRT Motorsport loses factory support EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
SRT Motorsport loses factory support EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
SRT Motorsport loses factory support EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
SRT Motorsport loses factory support EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
SRT Motorsport loses factory support EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
SRT Motorsport loses factory support EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
SRT Motorsport loses factory support EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
SRT Motorsport loses factory support EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
SRT Motorsport loses factory support EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

SRT Motorsport loses factory support

Go down

SRT Motorsport loses factory support Empty SRT Motorsport loses factory support

In a sad day in motorsports, the SRT/Dodge Viper GTS-R program was announced terminated.

Despite winning the championship this weekend, with Canadian Kuno Wittmer taking the drivers and team #93 driven by Kuno Wittmer, Jon Bomarito taking the team championship, Dodge decided to pull the plug on the program.

Last edited by XPR Roadrunner on Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 21:17; edited 1 time in total
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

SRT Motorsport loses factory support :: Comments

Ax4x Mikey J

Post Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 20:03 by Ax4x Mikey J

Sad Sad Sad

That seems to happen too often in Sports Cars... they set a goal, whether its the 24 of LM or a series championship, and once they reach that goal, they quit. I'd rather see a goal of beating records, whether its Audi or Porsche's record win count at LM, or Corvette's US Championship count. Makes for a much bigger legacy.

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Bandit

Post Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 20:16 by Ax4x Bandit

The Viper would have definitely been capable of beating Corvette's record had it continued.

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 20:35 by Matt

Begs the question what will happen with the GT3 cars being sold? What support will they have going forward? I hope the Viper GTLM program gets taken up by a private concern. Much better to have those cars on track making an impact than locked away never to be used.

Back to top Go down

XPR Roadrunner

Post Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 20:40 by XPR Roadrunner

I would hope that Riley continues the program in GTLM, but as far as I know, they want to continue selling the GT3-R worldwide.

The only issue with that is (altho proven, since its won multiple races in PWC this year) it's something like half a million USD, which in comparison to the current McLaren, is almost double.

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 22:48 by Matt

Even the Astons and Nissans are only something like 350k so that makes the Viper a very expensive option. particularly if you're no longer guaranteed works parts support etc.

Back to top Go down

XPR Roadrunner

Post Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 23:05 by XPR Roadrunner

exactly

Back to top Go down

MaynardMK4

Post Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 23:29 by MaynardMK4

The road cars aren't selling, Neither are the GT3's (Only three customer cars in the world. 2 in America, 1 in Europe). Doesn't surprise me to be honest. Damn shame though.

Back to top Go down

RumbleBee 392

Post Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 23:37 by RumbleBee 392

Road cars werent selling good. They are now. This decision was decided a long time ago.

Back to top Go down

MaynardMK4

Post Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 23:59 by MaynardMK4

Writing was on the wall when they decided to skip Le Mans...

Back to top Go down

RumbleBee 392

Post Tue 7 Oct 2014 - 1:56 by RumbleBee 392

yes and no, the announcement was SRT Motorsports won't be around next year. not the Viper won't be back....

Back to top Go down

MaynardMK4

Post Tue 7 Oct 2014 - 8:16 by MaynardMK4

Doubt we'll see a privateer Viper entry in GTLM. And 100% won't see them being run in AM in WEC. Cheaper to run a customer 458 or 911 unfortunately. As for selling car now, It's still not enough to cover the $11 million spent running the program for 2 years.

Back to top Go down

EZT MAKO 6669

Post Tue 7 Oct 2014 - 14:55 by EZT MAKO 6669

Rather sad news. It was exciting to see the Vipers roaring around the track, and giving the Vette's a run for their money!

Back to top Go down

XPR Roadrunner

Post Tue 7 Oct 2014 - 16:50 by XPR Roadrunner

and in this year's case: taking it from them lol.

I'm rather depressed about it (for obvi reasons) but even Ralph Gilles is feeling it too. Went to instagram last night and posted a picture of a pint of beer. No caption. Just beer.

Back to top Go down

RumbleBee 392

Post Tue 7 Oct 2014 - 17:13 by RumbleBee 392

Only time will tell if this just a big down play on a much greater scale or it really is the end... Again.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 15:26 by Diablo 29x

Sad sight to see after winning a championship, for sure. It was nice to see a new contender fight off the perennials.

Will y'all be able to keep the virtual SRT team going?

Back to top Go down

RumbleBee 392

Post Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 16:59 by RumbleBee 392

Its a wait and see unfortunately, the new and events are still fresh. so we hope once the dust settles, and probably closer to Rolex 24, we'll have our plans in motion.

Back to top Go down

theboomeranga

Post Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 23:26 by theboomeranga

That's really unfortunate to hear mate
I know you guys love your vipers as much as I love my Ferraris and to have that cut off would be (put lightly), cra*py

I hope everything sorts itself out soon!

Back to top Go down

XPR Roadrunner

Post Mon 13 Oct 2014 - 1:53 by XPR Roadrunner

I have emailed Ralph Gilles and asked him what the course of action will be for the virtual team. I will update when I get a reply back. It's been a week however, so I'm not expecting an answer right away.

Back to top Go down

AdamWatson99

Post Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 20:43 by AdamWatson99

if this happens and the Viper has its areo packages like in TUDOR then the Viper is a car that might do quite well

Back to top Go down

XPR Roadrunner

Post Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 21:45 by XPR Roadrunner

it would be nice, doesn't change the fact that there is no factory support, which is the connection that I had in the first place. Plus with SRT moving into dodge, it's different people running everything now.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down