TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Why are TORA staff so insistent on dumping FM4 when the numbers don't stack up for FM5? - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Why are TORA staff so insistent on dumping FM4 when the numbers don't stack up for FM5? - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Why are TORA staff so insistent on dumping FM4 when the numbers don't stack up for FM5? - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Why are TORA staff so insistent on dumping FM4 when the numbers don't stack up for FM5? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Why are TORA staff so insistent on dumping FM4 when the numbers don't stack up for FM5? - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Why are TORA staff so insistent on dumping FM4 when the numbers don't stack up for FM5? - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Why are TORA staff so insistent on dumping FM4 when the numbers don't stack up for FM5? - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Why are TORA staff so insistent on dumping FM4 when the numbers don't stack up for FM5? - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Why are TORA staff so insistent on dumping FM4 when the numbers don't stack up for FM5? - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Why are TORA staff so insistent on dumping FM4 when the numbers don't stack up for FM5?

+15
SFM Benedict
jonnotheone
Ax4x Mikey J
Diablo 29x
theboomeranga
SVR Solar
Ax4x Kane
TLR Scrublord
ShrinkingSteven
Ax4x Chaddy
DonatedSatyr227
FSR Groves
ATR DAN
Standaman94
skyshadow5
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why are TORA staff so insistent on dumping FM4 when the numbers don't stack up for FM5? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are TORA staff so insistent on dumping FM4 when the numbers don't stack up for FM5?

Post by jonnotheone Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 12:32

The low numbers on next gen are simply because not every tora member owns one we don't all have money to buy one and most will be waiting for Xmas the numbers on next gen will be boosted after Xmas..😁
jonnotheone
jonnotheone

TORA Race Number : 66
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Why are TORA staff so insistent on dumping FM4 when the numbers don't stack up for FM5? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are TORA staff so insistent on dumping FM4 when the numbers don't stack up for FM5?

Post by SFM Benedict Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 12:49

There has been a team allocted with fm4 si's so they will be looked at in 2015.

SFM Benedict

TORA Race Number : 21
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4053
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 12:55

70+ drivers signed up for the VLN24 so the numbers are there for next gen its just giving them what they want and with the limitations of the current title not everyone will be happy.
Then look at the FM4 USGT series for example on start up it was 130+ drivers but as things progressed and more guys took to next gen the numbers dwindled as come the final round only 28 drivers participated , now im not saying that 28 is a poor number as on the contrary its still good but a clear indication that the majority have moved on or just lost interest .

On another note speaking as a former staff member its also a man power issue creating events cant and dont happen overnight it takes planning and man hours that in its current form comes down to Mikey J whom has already stated that FM4 events shall continue so be patient and you shall receive.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 14:46

One thing to remember, is historically online racing leagues take a bit of hiatus over the holiday season. If you look back at the archives from as recent as 2012, you will see that there was no official TORA events after late November until late January.

So, while awaiting the presents (events/series) that Santa (staff) leaves under the tree (on the forums), its best to remember that Santa knows if you've been naughty or nice.

santa
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wumba Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 11:17

Two of the best GT seasons were sandwiched between the holiday season in terms of when they finished and started, so if you want numbers to return for a major season then late January/early Febuary is usually the best time.
BG Wumba
BG Wumba

TORA Race Number : 43
Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 17:14

Well I for one am thankful for the work mikey puts in as the touring masters and the C cup challenge have been some of the best racing I've ever taken part in, (Doesn't bode well for the departure of CQR hmm).

The racing has been close and with a steady improvement on the driver skills front as everyone is here to race hard for fun, it seems that tora has at last gone back to its roots of racing for fun without the 'driver solicitors' that were intent on using every rule bend in the book.

I just hope this feeling of the old tora rolls onto fm5 or I'm off. I was really getting cheesed off with amount of Si rubbish being thrown around, dare I call it childish.

Sod that stuff, lets just race and be fair.

Too much to ask?........
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 17:47

PLOW tubbi wrote:Well I for one am thankful for the work mikey puts in as the touring masters and the C cup challenge have been some of the best racing I've ever taken part in, (Doesn't bode well for the departure of CQR hmm).

The racing has been close and with a steady improvement on the driver skills front as everyone is here to race hard for fun, it seems that tora has at last gone back to its roots of racing for fun without the 'driver solicitors' that were intent on using every rule bend in the book.

I just hope this feeling of the old tora rolls onto fm5 or I'm off. I was really getting cheesed off with amount of Si rubbish being thrown around, dare I call it childish.

Sod that stuff, lets just race and be fair.

Too much to ask?........

I can't thumb this up high enough
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 18:33

I think tubbi might get a tad offended if you thumb him up Wink

True point though, TORA is about racing first and foremost. I know there's always going to be guys (and girls) here who take things a little too seriously but ultimately we need to remember this is a game and we are all here voluntarily to have some fun and enjoy the sport we love.

I totally agree with the sentiment though.

I can promise you guys that 2015 is going to be very good for everyone at TORA and there's some awesome series in the pipeline. Check out the VAG Trophy as an indicator as to what I mean Smile
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by skyshadow5 Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 22:44

Matt wrote:I think tubbi might get a tad offended if you thumb him up Wink

True point though, TORA is about racing first and foremost. I know there's always going to be guys (and girls) here who take things a little too seriously but ultimately we need to remember this is a game and we are all here voluntarily to have some fun and enjoy the sport we love.

I totally agree with the sentiment though.

I can promise you guys that 2015 is going to be very good for everyone at TORA and there's some awesome series in the pipeline. Check out the VAG Trophy as an indicator as to what I mean Smile

I'm glad that most people have taken my post the way it was meant to be taken as it was in no way an affront to the guys working hard behind the scenes keeping the various series running.
I do now finally have an Xbox One and FM5 so I could choose to enter both (real life depending of course), and I have already spread the word amongst my MVG team-mates regarding the VAG Trophy.

With different consoles and therefore different games to cater for I appreciate that staff numbers are a restricting factor and I'm thankful for guys like Mikey who keep bringing new tournaments to FM4.

I also think that Tubbi is spot on with his assessment as there were some people hell bent on winning at all costs. However, the last FM4 Spec Cup and the current Porsche Supercup have both, in the main, been great fun and a pleasure to take part in; thanks to everyone organising and taking part.

~sky~
skyshadow5
skyshadow5

TORA Race Number : 404
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2013-08-15

http://www.maturevideogamer.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 19:52

I too am hell bent on winning, BUT only if its fair and equal, then I can claim to be the winner.

Any one who cheats or uses an unknown advantage to gain the win is not a winner in my book and will certainly not be getting a christmas card.

Looking forward to what Mikey has in store for us, lets keep the muscle madness to a minimum though as it definitely benefits the more skilled guys.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 2:11

PLOW tubbi wrote:I too am hell bent on winning, BUT only if its fair and equal, then I can claim to be the winner.

Any one who cheats or uses an unknown advantage to gain the win is not a winner in my book and will certainly not be getting a christmas card.

Looking forward to what Mikey has in store for us, lets keep the muscle madness to a minimum though as it definitely benefits the more skilled guys.

Hint  " TCR GRX "   Wink

Think of JrTCC cars on unhealthy doses of energy drinks. bounce bounce bounce
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2