TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
[Starts Jan 13] Mitsubishi Starion spec-series  EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
[Starts Jan 13] Mitsubishi Starion spec-series  EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
[Starts Jan 13] Mitsubishi Starion spec-series  EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
[Starts Jan 13] Mitsubishi Starion spec-series  EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
[Starts Jan 13] Mitsubishi Starion spec-series  EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
[Starts Jan 13] Mitsubishi Starion spec-series  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
[Starts Jan 13] Mitsubishi Starion spec-series  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
[Starts Jan 13] Mitsubishi Starion spec-series  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
[Starts Jan 13] Mitsubishi Starion spec-series  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

[Starts Jan 13] Mitsubishi Starion spec-series

Go down

[Starts Jan 13] Mitsubishi Starion spec-series  Empty [Starts Jan 13] Mitsubishi Starion spec-series

Post by galeforce97 Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 20:18

The original post is from the forza forums by thatcargeek.

This is the seventh season that I've run in its current format over the last year or so. Before that, I've run other series without complaint - if you're looking for a friendly, fun and reliable (as in, the owner won't disappear two weeks into the series) look no further. This time, we will be using a modified (A 520ish) version of Mitsubishi's Starion. Hopefully it'll produce some entertaining racing, and it’ll be the first of many seasons in 2015.

Due to the nature of my work (I'm a journalist), I may not know if I'm able to host an event right up until the last moment, and in those situations my partner in crime, Galeforce97 will host, so it's probably a good idea to have him on your friend list, too. HOWEVER, in the last six seasons I've only missed one evening's worth of racing, and have raced from central London home after having to buy a replacement MacBook charger, eating my dinner on the train home in order to host the racing. So I'm committed to my baby.

With that out of the way, please find details of the season below. We have our own forum which is used for discussion, media-sharing and the publication of results, but you don't have to join it if you don't want to.

Signing-up

When you sign up (below), either myself or Matt (Galeforce97) will send the car to you, complete with the doorcard and main series sponsor logos in place. Please do not alter the placement or size!
You can also sign up via our forum: http://pow.ftlog.com/$5H//-fh

Liveries

Feel free to create custom designs or replicas of your favourite design - I look forward to seeing some wonderfully painted cars. If you want any help with this, please contact me as I have thousands of logos in my archives and / or I can make you a livery.

Evening format

8.55pm - Lobby is made and invites are sent to all online players.

9pm - Race One. The grid order will be randomised. It should last 10-15 minutes and the results of this race will determine the grid for the second race. The top three in the championship will have their 'ballast' added.

9.15pm - Race Two - Same as race one except that the results won't form the grid for the next race and the top three cars from race one will have 5% less power.

9.35pm - Race Three - There will be a reverse grid based on the results of the previous two races. Again, the top three from the previous race will have the power handicap.

NB: Damage will be set to 'limited' to discourage deliberate manoeuvres. If you are unable to make the first race or second race(s) of the evening, you will be welcome to join us for the remaining races, but you will be placed at the back of the grid.

Points system

Points are awarded in all three races as follows:

1st : 10 points
2nd : 9 points
3rd : 8 points
4th : 7 points
5th : 6 points
6th : 5 points
7th : 4 points
8th : 3 points
9th : 2 points
10th : 1 point