TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion - Page 13 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion - Page 13 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion - Page 13 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion - Page 13 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion - Page 13 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion - Page 13 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion - Page 13 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion - Page 13 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion

+42
AMR of the Apex
AMS MeaD 212
Dragonsyoung
JOSHSIGGY
BalmierPie671
CRA XenoMorph
theboomeranga
HCR Bellmond
BR m33pm33p
galeforce97
Badger Gravling
CQR Honcho
PLOW tubbi
jonnotheone
darylthecrude
TLR Scrublord
Ax4x Chaddy
ShrinkingSteven
HCR Motorhead
xVampirAx
Turbo Power 77
HCR Skodaboie
Ax4x Mikey J
PTG Chungus
connor7195
AdamWatson99
SVR Yamagura
SFM Benedict
HCR Yar Yar Yar
I Ray P Dave I
IBlueIJaBBRexI
CQR MAGiC
Freheliaz
Matt
SECR Marko1100
TH3 LOBST3R
Ax4x Cowboy
skyshadow5
SVR Solar
bearboy54
xebot360
Standaman94
46 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion

Post by galeforce97 Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:00

the change was started after round one if you have a problem you should have brought it up then
galeforce97
galeforce97

TORA Race Number : 197
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2014-06-17

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion

Post by CQR NEON Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:01

Blame the drop round, don't blame teams. Turning up to all the rounds only gives you a better chance of making sure that you score as many points as you can where a bad round might of hurt you. Many series has had a drop round and no one has had issues with this.
CQR NEON
CQR NEON

TORA Race Number : 255
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:03

I understand your disapointed Hunty, but don't direct your anger at me - I've had ZERO involvement with any rules or running of the championship and adjusted our plans for the series after round 1 when the the amended championship rules were posted. Both myself and Daniel work shifts and have had to swap shifts around to make these race meetings, so we entered the bare minimum we could based on the rules that were posted - 2 cars in 5 rounds. If that makes us undeserving champions then I'm sorry you feel that way, but we haven't done anything wrong by the rules of the series.
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2014-12-29

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Benedict Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:07

i agree with the dropped round for the drivers but not the team, the team is being screwed over

SFM Benedict

TORA Race Number : 21
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4053
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Benedict Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:13

CQR MAGiC wrote:I understand your disapointed Hunty, but don't direct your anger at me - I've had ZERO involvement with any rules or running of the championship and adjusted our plans for the series after round 1 when the the amended championship rules were posted. Both myself and Daniel work shifts and have had to swap shifts around to make these race meetings, so we entered the bare minimum we could based on the rules that were posted - 2 cars in 5 rounds. If that makes us undeserving champions then I'm sorry you feel that way, but we haven't done anything wrong by the rules of the series.

i do appoligise if u feel this is aimed at you that is not my intention, just peed off that we get screwed over yet again, this isn't the first time this has happened it happens to much. i dont know of any real championship that has a dropped round for the team, please correct me if im wrong, and this is supposed to be as real as it gets

SFM Benedict

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by skyshadow5 Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:14

CQR MAGiC wrote:I understand your disapointed Hunty, but don't direct your anger at me - I've had ZERO involvement with any rules or running of the championship and adjusted our plans for the series after round 1 when the the amended championship rules were posted. Both myself and Daniel work shifts and have had to swap shifts around to make these race meetings, so we entered the bare minimum we could based on the rules that were posted - 2 cars in 5 rounds. If that makes us undeserving champions then I'm sorry you feel that way, but we haven't done anything wrong by the rules of the series.

As I understood it, the drop round was Drivers and Privateer championship only. However, having read the rules, it is there for the Teams championship too, so, he ^^^ does make a fair point.

As TFR Magic said, "makes no odds to me, the MVG collective of "mature gamers in it for the fun" still managed to finish second in both classes either way"; we just like racing no matter where we finish. Although I understand the Benedict's racers frustrations, the rules have been in place since race 1 (as were the livery rules but that's another conversation altogether Wink ).
skyshadow5
skyshadow5

TORA Race Number : 404
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2013-08-15

http://www.maturevideogamer.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:18

Thank you Skyshadow, I feel like people have rather jumped on me for pointing out something that has been clearly stated in the rules since after round 1, but it's fine I'm always the bad guy  Cheers
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Benedict Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:22

if u look at the points table only one team could not fulfill 2 driver slots for the first race so don't think the dropped round should have counted for the team can't see how that is fair

SFM Benedict

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:25

But you (and everyone else who's been complaining tonight) waiting for 5 more rounds to be completed before noticing/raising an issue? Sorry, sounds like sour grapes to me.
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:28

Historically, TORA (TCC for an Example) has never applied the dropped round into the teams championship before, so I totally understand why there's the argument.

Last edited by FranchittiFan on Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:29; edited 1 time in total
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Benedict Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:28

to be honest i was on the understanding that the dropped round only applied to the drivers and privateers not teams as per all other pitlane championships that we have entered apart from a few spec cups

SFM Benedict

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:30

Hunty1981 wrote:if u look at the points table only one team could not fulfill 2 driver slots for the first race so don't think the dropped round should have counted for the team can't see how that is fair

I could say same about drivers standings. the only 2 people in A class who didn't score for round 1 and completed the rest didn't even sign into round 1.

I only knew about drop round rules when I noticed I got kicked from top. I only checked sign in threads after reading rules and registering. may have missed a week otherwise as I were doing night shifts at the time.
TJSteel
TJSteel

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2014-04-24

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:31

Sounds like lots of people racing in this championship haven't been reading the rules. Well we know that already from the amount of arguments of livery boxes when those were clearly stated in the rules too.
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:32

Ok so what round is c,q,r,s drop round would it be round 5 by any chance...
jonnotheone
jonnotheone

TORA Race Number : 66
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:32

livery rules were never changed though so that's irrelevant
TJSteel
TJSteel

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:36

jonnotheone wrote:Ok so what round is c,q,r,s drop round would it be round 5 by any chance...

It's irrelevant what round is the drop round, it says one round will be dropped, doesn't specify which round (thats the point of a drop round Rolling Eyes)

You guys are coming off as REALLY BAD losers to be honest with you - the rules clearly state there are drop rounds for all 3 championships, and Stan (the Staff Member who runs this series) categorically posted on 12 March that drivers AND teams would have a dropped round following the Xbox Live service issues in Round 1. If you had an issue with that, then you should have raised it then, not wait for 5 more rounds to be completed under the revised rules and then kick up an argument when you realise the implication of those changes.
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:40

Bad loser? I couldn't care less. I still got a podium Smile
TJSteel
TJSteel

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:41

Yes.its relevant as it clearly states in the rules and I quote....Championship Scoring:
There is a dropped round in the championships. The race in which the driver/team/privateer scored the lowest amount of points will not be included in the final scores.you did not attend round five there for scored zero point earning no points reviving no points got given no points so it cant be counted....i cant see how we are sore loosest as this would gift 2nd place the championship not BR...so please before you start throwing slanderous abuse towards Br read the rules clearly as no fecker has points need to be scored to be lost....
jonnotheone
jonnotheone

TORA Race Number : 66
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:41

[puts the bucket of popcorn down]

would it be fair to ask: if it wasn't CQR that won, or even entered, would you be having this argument?

[picks the bucket of popcorn back up again]
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

TORA Race Number : TBD
Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3833
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Benedict Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:42

FranchittiFan wrote:Historically, TORA (TCC for an Example) has never applied the dropped round into the teams championship before, so I totally understand why there's the argument.

that is exactly my understanding in how TORA is run

SFM Benedict

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:43

The posted rules overrule your understanding, thats why they're there, to be read and understood.
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Benedict Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:43

AMR Garage wrote:[puts the bucket of popcorn down]

would it be fair to ask: if it wasn't CQR that won, or even entered, would you be having this argument?

[picks the bucket of popcorn back up again]

yes i would be

SFM Benedict

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:44

yes think there still would be a argument

Right guys lets now drop this NO MORE on the issue, Stan has made it clear.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:46

Last edited by CQR MAGiC on Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:48; edited 1 time in total
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 23:47

Oh sorry Chaddy I posted that as you posted your NO MORE.
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next