TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Your memorable TORA moments?  EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Your memorable TORA moments?  EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Your memorable TORA moments?  EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Your memorable TORA moments?  EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Your memorable TORA moments?  EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Your memorable TORA moments?  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Your memorable TORA moments?  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Your memorable TORA moments?  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Your memorable TORA moments?  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Your memorable TORA moments?

+3
EZT MAKO 6669
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Kane
7 posters

Go down

Your memorable TORA moments?  Empty Your memorable TORA moments?

Post by Ax4x Kane Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 2:02

I've been feeling a little nostalgic recently, and I've been thinking about my time at TORA & what a fantastic place it is!

Your memorable TORA moments?  6099530211_fe65fe5a23_z

2011 is where it all began for me with this initial car designed by ckBrenneke (the 2 Honda's at the back Razz). I teamed with my best mate from school for this championship back on Forza 3, and whilst we spent the majority of the races bringing up the rear in the final 2 places, it was fantastic! This consolidated my love for virtual racing so much so that I'm remembering it from 4 years ago!

Your memorable TORA moments?  6815350644_63152550ff_z

Perhaps my most favourite car I've ever driven in my time at TORA, my '03 Leon ran in TCC Season 6 & launched me to my first official TORA win in the inaugural season of the NATCC, as well as netting me 2 more victories in the same championship, and to date those 3 victories stand as my crowning achievements here! Designed by silentalarm42, tuned by CQR Magic, and mentored by Chaddy, this robust little runner took me off the foot off the grid & propelled me to become a solid middle of the pack driver.

Your memorable TORA moments?  YNiPLTA

In 2013 I joined a newly established team called Allied Forces. I say 'team', but we're so much more than that, we're a unit, we're comrades, mates first, racers second. I was so proud to help Ax4x to our first official TORA Team Championship, through the Clio Cup of 2013. I teamed with iTeknix & DeweyTee, sporting a design created by Meado & enjoyed my most successful season on TORA, netting more than a handful of podiums to give my my first, and only, ever Top 3 in a Championship.

Your memorable TORA moments?  Fm4_fo23

And perhaps the last car that I can genuinely say I thoroughly enjoyed driving & racing with, with Felix the Cat of the Felix Fund bomb disposal charity running with me, I rubbed shoulders with some of the consistent front-runners of TORA, as well as acting as a rear gunner for my Allied Forces teammates. This car also presented me with what I'd say was my greatest on-track moment at TORA, a 4-wide completely clean & hard maneuver going in to Brooklands with no cars making contact. If TORA ever needed an advert for clean & fair, this is it.

Your memorable TORA moments?  Fm4_tc18

Favourite race was definitely the 12 Hours of Sebring 2012, 4 stints & a triple stint nearly killed me, but the adrenaline I got off it was immense & it pushed me & teammate Dav of Krypton forwards in the standings, raising a few eyebrows & receiving praise off some of the most successful drivers to ever grace this site, it certainly was an honour. Other notable races include NATCC S1 (where I won all 3 of my races) & the opening round of the TORA GP Championship in Catalunya, battling from 13th to finish 3rd.

It's probably fair for me to say I've turned my last lap now. I haven't raced in many months & don't feel the desire to race again. But I must say, the community at TORA, and Allied Forces is phenomenal. It's the reason I still browse these forums on a near daily basis, it's the reason I've made some brilliant mates here, and whilst it hasn't always been smooth sailing for us all, the downs makes us relish the ups. I'm proud of what I've done here. What a place this is.

Spoiler:

So then, what are your memorable races, cars & moments?
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Your memorable TORA moments?  Empty Re: Your memorable TORA moments?

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 13:54

My initiation into TORA was TCC Season 6 @ Maple Valley Club. I went in less than enthusiastic of the rules, the cars, etc, and spent the whole three races battling hard with a whole lobby of people with equal pace. I was amazed and instantly hooked.

A few weeks later, one of my all time favorite races, again in cars that weren't my favorite (Super GT) on a track I never really liked (Motegi) and had an epic race long battle with two kids that would eventually have a huge impact on Ax4x... Erebus and Kilroy.

My most rewarding win was in a one off MMTCC race at Infineon during Winter Heat. The cars were borrowed from another site with full blessings from them, and we had a full 16 car A Lobby full of TORA's elite. To hold off Franchitti Fan for the entire 25 laps, all the while under constant pressure, was very gratifying. At one point, my inner Tony Stewart came out, as with a few laps to go I quoted the NASCAR Champion in banter "I'd wreck my Mom to win this" Twisted Evil
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 14:35

I only joined TORA late last year and to date have only been able to compete in one series, so my most memorable moments have yet to be created!! What a Face

I'm currently competing in the US VAG series where I have a chance to do very well in the B class, so stay tuned.......
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4314
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 15:55

Flyin Mikey J wrote:
My most rewarding win was in a one off MMTCC race at Infineon during Winter Heat. The cars were borrowed from another site with full blessings from them, and we had a full 16 car A Lobby full of TORA's elite. To hold off Franchitti Fan for the entire 25 laps, all the while under constant pressure, was very gratifying. At one point, my inner Tony Stewart came out, as with a few laps to go I quoted the NASCAR Champion in banter "I'd wreck my Mom to win this" Twisted Evil

I remember that race, it was fantastic. The cars struck the perfect balance between speed & handling & made for some of the best racing I've been a part of. It's a shame that series never really got off the ground
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by PTG Chungus Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 16:12

jeez most memble yikes...
i came in for the 12 hour hell bent on beating failrace while with hcr and my team mate Frehelaiz and most memble was joining HCR and being able to strut my stuff at failrace because i was
i came fully into tora at the start of 2014 after i had enough of failrace and made my debut run with Classic touring cars which was really fun

apart from that the most memreble was joining Team hard in january and the loss of my team Sub Zero Energy after i had recently disembarked from HCR that was a pain

PTG Chungus
PTG Chungus

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 2014-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 17:31

Waaaay back in 2012 myself and Mystic decided that TORA was the next step for our online racing. Our first race was the Britcar 24hr at Silverstone, entering the top GT class with no idea of what was to come. We were soon humbled by the unreal pace at the front, lucky for us this was a race of attrition which eventually handed us the 3rd step of the podium!! Hooked from there on with the racing highlight coming in 2013 at Silverstone again this time for 12hrs and in TCC class, we had a solid race with good pace which saw us to the win narrowly edging out the CQR Ikea Kia sealing the 2013 TEC title. From then on moving the Yamagura team to HCR where things have gone from strength to strength leading us to take wins at Sebring, Le Mans and Silverstone again. 

2013 Silverstone - My personal highlight.
2014 TEC - Teams highlight in my opinion.
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2012-08-02

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 18:23

For me it definitely has to be winning the 2014 VLN 24 Hours of the Nurburgring. Up until then all the 2014 endurance events had been on FM4 and we had won them all with our LMR Red Dragon entry. Being very new to FM5, we weren't sure we'd have what it takes to beat F4H who had far more time with the game.

We went 1, 2 Red Dragon over Blue Dragon winning all 5 endurance events in 2014. 4 of those by Red Dragon, one as Traxxas Racing.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PTG Chungus Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 18:52

HCR Bellmond wrote:Waaaay back in 2012 myself and Mystic decided that TORA was the next step for our online racing. Our first race was the Britcar 24hr at Silverstone, entering the top GT class with no idea of what was to come. We were soon humbled by the unreal pace at the front, lucky for us this was a race of attrition which eventually handed us the 3rd step of the podium!! Hooked from there on with the racing highlight coming in 2013 at Silverstone again this time for 12hrs and in TCC class, we had a solid race with good pace which saw us to the win narrowly edging out the CQR Ikea Kia sealing the 2013 TEC title. From then on moving the Yamagura team to HCR where things have gone from strength to strength leading us to take wins at Sebring, Le Mans and Silverstone again. 

2013 Silverstone - My personal highlight.
2014 TEC - Teams highlight in my opinion.

It was fun to race with you fellas back then and prove some [Censored] to failrace
PTG Chungus
PTG Chungus

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 2014-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 19:22

Since joining TORA has 2 be my 6th position in TCC S9 overall, Then doing the 12 hrs tec of silverstone with nightmare and haydo and grabbing 2nd Smile, and then obviously winning the Touring US Masters along with HCR Bellmond and ErebusV8.

Very Happy
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down