TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA US Spec Miata Cup Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA US Spec Miata Cup Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA US Spec Miata Cup Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA US Spec Miata Cup Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA US Spec Miata Cup Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA US Spec Miata Cup Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA US Spec Miata Cup Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA US Spec Miata Cup Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA US Spec Miata Cup Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA US Spec Miata Cup Discussion

+6
WhoIsJohn117
EZT Coot
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT Neo 45
Midnite Rider
Ax4x Mikey J
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TORA US Spec Miata Cup Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA US Spec Miata Cup Discussion

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 17:10

^ In fairness I have never seen TORA actually add races to an ongoing Championship. If it had happened before, I'd strongly consider it.

On the flipside, we've lost a few competitors along the way. That has been balanced out with a couple additions in recent weeks.

So, I guess the thing for me to do as series host is see what everyone else thinks about an additional round or two.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

TORA US Spec Miata Cup Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA US Spec Miata Cup Discussion

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 23 Oct 2015 - 18:52

The Championship is down to the final round, and there is but a two point split for the title between Big Ben and John Galt, with tight battles for many spots down the point grid.

All this should add up to a very exciting finale at the sprawling high speed Road America circuit.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 30 Oct 2015 - 2:47

I had a lot of fun racing tonight. Some great battles with a few cars. Cool

Congrats to the winners and champions. cheers

Hope you all had as much fun as I did. What a Face
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by BalmierPie671 Fri 30 Oct 2015 - 7:14

Almost missed the races last night. We changed to winter time on Saturday which meant that the meeting started one hour earlier than I anticipated. Pure luck for me with all the problems to start the lobby...

In the first race I must admit that I was a bit asleep still when the lights went out but in the second race my pace was better. Happy to finish fourth.

I will miss this championship although it has meant that I have had to get up in the middle of the night for the races. The racing has been really close and intensive. I’ve really enjoyed it and I wish we could do something similar again, maybe with the gen 3 Miata...

Thanks to Flying Mikey and all of the drivers who made this championship such a gem.

Maybe a Miata Cup on European time... ? ;-))
BalmierPie671
BalmierPie671

TORA Race Number : 65
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2012-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Fri 30 Oct 2015 - 15:13

Thanks guys for a fun series. I have to admit though, it's probably my least favorite that I've done here. I personally am not a big fan of the Miata, and I found D class to be a bit too slow for my liking, especially since I've been racing mostly S class in FM6. No offense Mikey, you put on a great show as always. I did kind of lose my enthusiasm mid way through.

I did it because I really enjoy racing with the guys in the TORAus series, and in that respect, you guys didn't disappoint. We had some good battles and a lot of fun. So for that aspect, thank you all!!! Smile
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4314
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT TomCat7 Fri 30 Oct 2015 - 17:46

The 2nd race on Road America could/should have been restarted due to the 3 cars on the last turn bumping and going off the track on the 1st lap.

I put the Replays of the 2 races up on the Storefront.
EZT TomCat7
EZT TomCat7

TORA Race Number : 711
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2011-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 30 Oct 2015 - 18:00

EZT TomCat7 wrote:The 2nd race on Road America could/should have been restarted due to the 3 cars on the last turn bumping and going off the track on the 1st lap.

I put the Replays of the 2 races up on the Storefront.

As the incident started (I think) the leader was crossing the start finish line. By the time the number of cars involved was confirmed, I know I was on lap 2 in P3. And due to connection issue delays we were very short on time. I knew if we restarted, that Mako would not be able to finish.

Had we not been so delayed, or it happened earlier in the lap, I'd have called for a restart, but it was the "perfect storm" of unfortunate circumstances.

In hindsight, given the Championship implications, I should have called a restart, and reduced the lap count by a lap or two. An option that was there, but I didn't really consider until some 14 hours after the fact.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortTrackFox93 Fri 30 Oct 2015 - 18:10

Just wondering who is Transitioning over to Forza 6.Razz I feel a itch for a American car racing league.X3
ShortTrackFox93
ShortTrackFox93

TORA Race Number : 542
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2013-09-30

http://toawak.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 30 Oct 2015 - 18:14

LMP Fox wrote:Just wondering who is Transitioning over to Forza 6.Razz I feel a itch for a American car racing league.X3

NATCC starts soon, and there are plans for US Muscle Car series on both 4 and 6. . Twisted Evil
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Windcharger8199 Sun 1 Nov 2015 - 0:52

I wont be on the one until March at the earliest
Windcharger8199
Windcharger8199

TORA Race Number : 81
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1091
Registration date : 2013-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT Neo 45 Tue 3 Nov 2015 - 16:08

I really believe subjectivity needs to be taken out of this. If the rules say "three or more cars on the first lap" and three cars are in an incident on the first lap for them, then they would probably want a restart. If I were one of them, I would.

(Please keep the "having fun" argument out of this.)

The rules do not explicitly define "the first lap" (which I do not believe is really necessary, but anyway). Is it for the leader or is it for the field? If it is for the leader, then it should be said "as long as the leader is on Lap One." I do not agree with this concept, though. If it is for the field, then no changes are required. It is something that is implied and something everyone should know. At the same time, though, we don't want to create a rulebook that is 73,000 pages long that no one can interpret other than an attorney or a CPA.
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45

TORA Race Number : 236
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2009-07-22

https://eztmotorsport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 3 Nov 2015 - 16:40

^ It was an unfortunate incident which happens so rarely  that even the Staff and Stewards were split on whether or not a restart was warranted.

In my recollection, I had not encountered this set of circumstances ever happening before in any race I have been in on any site.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Tue 3 Nov 2015 - 18:19

EZT Neo 45 wrote:I really believe subjectivity needs to be taken out of this.  If the rules say "three or more cars on the first lap" and three cars are in an incident on the first lap for them, then they would probably want a restart.  If I were one of them, I would.

(Please keep the "having fun" argument out of this.)

The rules do not explicitly define "the first lap" (which I do not believe is really necessary, but anyway).  Is it for the leader or is it for the field?  If it is for the leader, then it should be said "as long as the leader is on Lap One."  I do not agree with this concept, though.  If it is for the field, then no changes are required. It is something that is implied and something everyone should know.  At the same time, though, we don't want to create a rulebook that is 73,000 pages long that no one can interpret other than an attorney or a CPA.

In any and all forms of racing, the current lap is defined BY THE LEADER. Once the leader has passed the start/finish line the race is officially on lap two, regardless of where the rest of the field is. The rules here as well as every other league out there are based on the accepted rules and standards of all real world motorsports. Even a casual fan of racing should have a basic understanding of this without it being specifically spelled out for them. If someone is not familiar with the accepted rules of racing, then I suggest they make an effort to familiarize themselves with them.

In any event the race and the series is over. There is always some confusion and delay when determining whether a restart is warranted. This was a rather unique situation as it occurred at or very close to end of lap one, start of lap two. The decision was made, right or wrong, to continue the race, and that cannot be undone. I see no point in continuing this discussion.
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT Neo 45 Tue 3 Nov 2015 - 21:39

Ouch! Shocked Embarassed scratch study sunny

Perhaps I should stick to World of Tanks or simply keep my thoughts to myself. silent
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45

TORA Race Number : 236
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2009-07-22

https://eztmotorsport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 4 Nov 2015 - 2:44

EZT Neo 45 wrote:Ouch!  Shocked Embarassed scratch study  sunny

Perhaps I should stick to World of Tanks or simply keep my thoughts to myself.  silent

Sad

Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Wed 4 Nov 2015 - 15:01

Sorry Neo, my post was not meant to be harsh or derogatory in any way, nor was it directed specifically at you. I quoted you simply to address the confusion I saw over who's on what lap when. I feel that the majority of us are familiar enough with racing that this should not even be a question.

Again, my apologies for being, shall we say, a bit too direct. Embarassed
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2