TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Stock Car Racing (NASCAR, ARCA... BRISCA?? :P) EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Stock Car Racing (NASCAR, ARCA... BRISCA?? :P) EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Stock Car Racing (NASCAR, ARCA... BRISCA?? :P) EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Stock Car Racing (NASCAR, ARCA... BRISCA?? :P) EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Stock Car Racing (NASCAR, ARCA... BRISCA?? :P) EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Stock Car Racing (NASCAR, ARCA... BRISCA?? :P) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Stock Car Racing (NASCAR, ARCA... BRISCA?? :P) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Stock Car Racing (NASCAR, ARCA... BRISCA?? :P) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Stock Car Racing (NASCAR, ARCA... BRISCA?? :P) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Stock Car Racing (NASCAR, ARCA... BRISCA?? :P)

+7
Matt
XTI Jon Snow
Ax4x Chaddy
LMR DarthMario
HCR generaltso
Richy59
nickyf1
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stock Car Racing (NASCAR, ARCA... BRISCA?? :P) Empty Stock Car Racing (NASCAR, ARCA... BRISCA?? :P)

Post by nickyf1 Sat 2 May 2009 - 17:44

A pretty much untalked about subject at TORA, so I thought i would make a wee thread for discussions of anything, from European Late Model Series, which evolved from british SCSA (ex - ASCAR) to ARCA Re/Max Series to the grand daddy, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

So, the Aaron's 499 at Talladega raised many questions on safety of restrictor plate racing after Keselowski tagged Edwards into a spin, causing him to blow over into the catch fence, injuring 7 fans. Newman, who was collected by the 'in flight' #99 Ford of Edwards finnished third with a massively damaged car, just managing to get across the line which was just a few hindered metres away from the initial wreck.

This weekend we have the NASCAR meeting at Richmond, a short, just over half a mile, D-shaped Oval in a stadium type arena. Last year, Kyle Busch and Dale Earndhart Jr tangled twice, causing Earndhart nation to turn Kyle Busch into the villian. Will they clash again this year??

So, whos into stock car racing??

Last edited by nicky on Sat 7 Nov 2009 - 0:29; edited 1 time in total
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Stock Car Racing (NASCAR, ARCA... BRISCA?? :P) Empty Re: Stock Car Racing (NASCAR, ARCA... BRISCA?? :P)

Post by Richy59 Sat 2 May 2009 - 17:50

I started watching Nascar at the start of the season, but with things picking up here on sunday nights now i have kinda just stopped. good to watch tho, I still haven't seen that crash.

And ASCAR was rubbish Razz

EDIT

I just watched the crash. i know that they 'push' each other now and then but that was just silly. But even the commentators picked up on the Ricky Bobby finish Razz It was even at Talladega Very Happy
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Stock Car Racing (NASCAR, ARCA... BRISCA?? :P) Empty Re: Stock Car Racing (NASCAR, ARCA... BRISCA?? :P)

Post by nickyf1 Sat 2 May 2009 - 18:00

ASCAR wasn't that bad in its inaugrual season Razz some quality drivers. the new ELMS is very cheap, and theres two rounds in the UK at short ovals.

Anyone else watching the Truck Race tonight??
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Tue 5 May 2009 - 17:14

fastest way around talladega is to get bump drafted

you saw how edwards and keselowski took that high side and were at least 10-12 mph hour faster than Junior on the low side.

richmond was a pretty good race. glad to see stewart in the #14 car finishing well in every race.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Tue 5 May 2009 - 21:08

yep, bump drafting will always ensure that restrictor plate racing is dangerous, theres atleast one flip pretty much every year at Daytona and Talladega.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Wed 6 May 2009 - 0:04

yeah, but thats what fans go to see. spectacular crashes down the back straight and getting a jagged piece of carburetor stuck in your chest.

oh and passing. lots and lots of passing.

do you have a particular driver you follow? i'm not a big fan of kyle busch. though the guy is a hell of a driver...and honestly, i think he'd be the best shot at being an F1 driver for america (though i hate to admit it)
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Wed 6 May 2009 - 8:03

unfortunately thats one of the things that puts me off NASCAR, the celebration of accidents.

I follow Carl Edwards, Razz
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Wed 6 May 2009 - 19:29

Darlington this week from the Southern 500!

Cant wait!
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Wed 6 May 2009 - 19:41

im a NASCAR fan. have been since perhaps '91 or '92. first race i saw was the Watkins Glen race, when Mark Martin won that year. been a fan of his since! Razz
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 6 May 2009 - 19:55

cant wait 2 get racing this 1 day hopefully
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Wed 6 May 2009 - 20:57

nicky wrote:Darlington this week from the Southern 500!

Cant wait!

i love darlington.

choose which side of the track you wanna set your car up for, and then pray you dont hit the wall on the other side.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Wed 6 May 2009 - 22:46

haha. Its got a really strange narrow high line, are you even allowed to use the ''apron'' style groove on the inside?
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Thu 7 May 2009 - 0:20

Darlington, u can use w/e part of the track u want. when they first opened the track, the dotted line represented the divider from the racing surface (the lower portion) and the apron (the higher portion). after a while, the teams found the higher side to be faster, and thus the way they run the track nowadays
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sat 9 May 2009 - 14:08

I am loving the retro Red/White walls at Darlington.

Great win for Kenseth! I didnt realise it was Kenseth in the #16 till this morning Razz I had the volume down watching it, thought it was Biffle the whole time.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sun 10 May 2009 - 14:42

Who woulda thought Mark Martin would win twice this season?! ME!!! Razz great way to show that the older guys can still teach the young'ens how its done
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sun 10 May 2009 - 14:47

I only got to see the start of it, I fell asleep about an hour in at about 1:30am!
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Sun 10 May 2009 - 17:41

DMR SWITCH wrote:Who woulda thought Mark Martin would win twice this season?! ME!!! Razz great way to show that the older guys can still teach the young'ens how its done

yeah, i dont know anyone who dosent like mark martin. guy's so classy.

good see the no. 14 car with a top 5 finish again this year.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sun 10 May 2009 - 18:35

I was so gutted in 2007 at Daytona, he really deserved that win. Although Clint Bower was the real winner, simply for finnishing upside down, on fire with Jack Daniels on the side of the car!

A real MAN finnish Razz
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sun 10 May 2009 - 22:36

i think the Daytona 500 has slipped through Mark Martin's grasp like it had to Dale Sr until the '98 season. i hope Mark wins that one b4 he 'officially' puts the steering wheel on the mantle
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Mon 18 May 2009 - 18:46

joey logano almost wrecking against vickers in the opening laps of the race even though vickers had to come in cause logano pushed him wide and was coming up against the wall...

loganos a goofy looking bum and now the 18 car is banging into kenseth during the caution. i hate those Joe gibbs toyotas!
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Tue 19 May 2009 - 17:17

i got to give props to Lagano though. i didnt see the ALL-Star race (forgot about it, and watched Cartoon Network/Adult Swim instead), but Lagano is a Connecticut Native, so i gotta root for him...
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Tue 19 May 2009 - 18:42

nascar is forcing me to not like him because they are pushing him as the face of nascar.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Tue 19 May 2009 - 19:30

What happened to Earndhart Nation then?
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Tue 19 May 2009 - 20:07

i dont know...fox is really cramming the logano down our throats.

logano's doing interviews with his mom at darlington...

showing specials on him working at some podunk home depot during talladega...
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Wed 3 Jun 2009 - 6:12

WOW

what an epic move by reutimann to miss stremme at dover!
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next