TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback

+4
DRR MrShannon2U
xNIGHTMARE84
Diablo 29x
EZT Neo 45
8 posters

Go down

TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback Empty TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback

Post by EZT Neo 45 Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 0:34

Constructive feedback welcome.
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45

TORA Race Number : 236
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2009-07-22

https://eztmotorsport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback Empty Re: TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback

Post by Diablo 29x Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 15:21

Well done on the series, Neo! I've always been a huge fan of Stockhatch, they are my favorite cars to drive in Forza.

My feedback is this:

1) More varied schedule. Handling cars were definitely preferred over the course of 8 races. The Scion worked for Daytona and Long Beach but that's pretty much it.

2) Keep open builds! - I really like the ability to make the car as I choose, please retain this for the future!

3) More homologous car selection - The TC, the Corsa, and the Civic Type R were all very different cars and I don't think they worked well with each other over 8 races, and I think the results showed that. I'd suggest picking cars with a common theme, e.g. Renault Megane, Focus ST, Mazdaspeed 3 because they are performance hatches, or what I'd love to see is a Retro-themed Hot Hatch series w/ the Mk2 Golf, CR-X, Renault Clio Williams, Rabbit GTI, Scirocco 16v... That'd be great I think. At any rate, cars that are in the same vein as each other so that a wider variety of cars are used.

All in all, great series! If you need any help in the future, just let me know!

Also @Shannon I completely forgot to catch back up with you last night, but I think you're onto something with what you have, just forward it to the staff and see what happens.

Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™️

TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback Rib110
TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback Acco11
2021 TEC 24 Rennen in der Grunen Holle - SP-T Class Champion (Ryzeing Light Racing)
2021 WeePrix NA: Champion
2022 TEC 24 Heures du Mulsanne - Overall/P1 Class Champion (ESV Floppa)
2023 Porsche SuperCup NA: 3rd Overall
2023 Ferrari Challenge NA: 1st Overall

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback Empty Re: TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback

Post by xNIGHTMARE84 Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 15:26

An EU series would be nice, love hot hatches.

xNIGHTMARE84

TORA Race Number : 357
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by DRR MrShannon2U Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 17:26

I'll speak up as a co-developer of the series, Diablo, as far as the retro series, that was done with the C class hatches in Series 1, sorry if you missed out on it. As far as the cars not working well with each other, we did what we could to balance some hatchbacks for B class, and the result was that some cars did better on some tracks, and others on different tracks. Get ready for Series 3 coming soon, I think it's going to be the best stock hatch yet!
DRR MrShannon2U
DRR MrShannon2U

TORA Race Number : 203
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2015-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 18:52

Dang it, I forgot you guys did that for S1. No one's fault but mine for missing that...

As for the balancing, I think the car's themselves were decently balanced but the tracklist played to the strengths of the handling cars. That Honda is also an extremely tough car to balance because it tends to either be super fast or slow, no real in between.

Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™️

TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback Rib110
TORAus StockHatch Series 2 - Feedback Acco11
2021 TEC 24 Rennen in der Grunen Holle - SP-T Class Champion (Ryzeing Light Racing)
2021 WeePrix NA: Champion
2022 TEC 24 Heures du Mulsanne - Overall/P1 Class Champion (ESV Floppa)
2023 Porsche SuperCup NA: 3rd Overall
2023 Ferrari Challenge NA: 1st Overall

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by PROD DTechR Wed 14 Sep 2016 - 1:09

On behalf of the PRODTeam, we will continue supporting this serie. Excellent work to all were involved on this!
PROD DTechR
PROD DTechR

TORA Race Number : 554
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 926
Registration date : 2012-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT Neo 45 Wed 14 Sep 2016 - 1:31

1st First, I want to thank those who assisted with the organizing of Series 2.  MrShannon2U and EZT Ratach were right there on the job! Series 1 had barely concluded and I expressed my thoughts and were a-building away!!  Their time and feedback were tremendous!  Thank you, Gentlemen!!   cheers

2nd I also wish to thank those who stepped up during the series who assisted with qualifying:  DTech, Diablo, and XessVII!  I know each of you understand how much that is really appreciated especially when a host cannot make it that night for whatever reason.  Or, when the organizer of the event lags out early (Sebring!  Ugh!).  You three were great and very much appreciated!!   cheers

3rd To those who quit early on in the series, I sincerely apologize for whatever caused you to discontinue your participation.  I know I didn't do this then, but I'm doing it now...I humbly ask for your forgiveness and request that you give this series a second chance.  We'd really like to see you in Series 3!! Smile

Now the not-so-pretty stuff...

There were a number of issues that caused us, the organizers, to stumble.  Drivers showing up late, livery rule infractions are two of the top issues that caused delays.  Trying to figure out unforeseen problems on the fly did not help (lobby size such as the final race at Daytona--however, this is more of a function of XBL / Turn 10 than the series itself).

In spite of the difficulties and challenges that reared their ugly head, everyone seemed to roll with it.  It was unacceptable, though, to take over two hours from start to finish.  We did our best to be fair to those who wanted to race but may not have been exactly on time (for a variety of reasons) for the actual race and to those who were on time.

The mid-series livery inspection was not a winning idea and the "love" was not there.  However, it was made known to all drivers time was made for them to have their car inspected the days leading up to the "inspection" race day.  No one took advantage of it, unfortunately.  This is not to say that would have changed much on race day.

MrShannon2U, EZT Ratach, and I have taken this to heart and developed a solution that will take care of not only the livery inspection, but the build inspection that used to be done in FM3 and FM4 when we could gift cars.  More on this when Series 3 rolls out! Wink  We also have a plan to significantly reduce the amount of time spent qualifying.  Again, more on this when Series 3 rolls out!  Cool
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45

TORA Race Number : 236
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2009-07-22

https://eztmotorsport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by THR Flipmode Thu 15 Sep 2016 - 1:51

I'll echo Diablo's suggestion on a retro series, even though it was just done, that seems like an awesome idea. too bad I missed it as well.

track selection was great. I'd prefer we stay away from momentum tracks like Alps and stick to race tracks. Long Beach is the exception, I actually really like it as a road course.

Some weeks we split up the lobbies and some we combined. Whatever we decide i think we should be consistent. I know the backmarkers don't like getting blue flagged and the front guys don't want to have make take on that risk. I am not sure which i prefer, having one or two lobbies, I think both have advantages and disadvantages. i'll defer to the more experienced racers.

Great racing. this was my mayden voyage and I cant wait to race more on TORA. thanks to all who put this together especially NEO and Shannon.
THR Flipmode
THR Flipmode

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2016-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cyrus Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 22:30

Apart from having to use turbochargers I really enjoyed the series. I'll definitely be around for the next one, might even be able to get some of my team mates to join in this time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks Neo and Shannon for setting this up Smile
Ax4x Cyrus
Ax4x Cyrus

TORA Race Number : 575
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2014-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Senna Mon 19 Sep 2016 - 9:21

EZT Neo 45 wrote:

3rd To those who quit early on in the series, I sincerely apologize for whatever caused you to discontinue your participation.  I know I didn't do this then, but I'm doing it now...I humbly ask for your forgiveness and request that you give this series a second chance.  We'd really like to see you in Series 3!! Smile

Racing was great, the only reason for me to not race every week was the time slot, loved it otherwise. Keep up the good work Cool
Senna
Senna

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2014-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down