TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Meeting 1 Feedback EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Meeting 1 Feedback EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Meeting 1 Feedback EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Meeting 1 Feedback EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Meeting 1 Feedback EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Meeting 1 Feedback EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Meeting 1 Feedback EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Meeting 1 Feedback EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Meeting 1 Feedback EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Meeting 1 Feedback

5 posters

Go down

What grid ordering system should be used for race 2?

Meeting 1 Feedback Vote_lcap22%Meeting 1 Feedback Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
Meeting 1 Feedback Vote_lcap11%Meeting 1 Feedback Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Meeting 1 Feedback Vote_lcap67%Meeting 1 Feedback Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Meeting 1 Feedback Empty Meeting 1 Feedback

Post by DDM Driv3 Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 4:39

So what you all experienced last night was my (Mr Driv3) first event organised completely by myself. I had help from Flying Mikey J to host the second party and I much appreciate it Smile I felt it went fairly smoothly and did not take too long to complete. I have noticed some flaws in how I ran it and will make amends. I do ask what you guys thought of it and what could be improved for the rest of the season. Please post below Smile

The things I personally noticed:
Took a long time between the end of qualy to the start of the first race. I'm going to enlist help with the docs for next week to help with this as I had to fill those in and change the lobby settings and sort out the grid order. It's a lot for one person and I appreciated your patience while I was working it out.

The two party system. Did it work? I think overall it was rather good but there was a fatal flaw. At the end of lap 5 or 6, there was a 4+ car incident on the pit straight that left Mikey with a very dead car. I called Safety Car in my party but the other party did not know this and as the leader of the race at that point in time was Jamie90VXR, not in my party he kept on racing at full pace. (You weren't to know, it's not your fault and it's ok, not having a go etc.) Is there a better way of communicating through a lobby of over 16? Would you prefer game chat?

Full reverse grid for race 2. It was very hectic at the start and after 3 laps most people were back in their positions anyway. I've attached a poll to this so please vote before next week and we will use whatever system you vote for as the system for the Catalunya Meeting. Bear in mind that Brands Hatch is the smallest track on the calendar and it may not be so close at the start of other races.

Cheers for showing up guys and I'll see you next week! Very Happy

Meeting 1 Feedback DD8nrex
Meeting 1 Feedback SZURIXJMeeting 1 Feedback QOKrWbyMeeting 1 Feedback MzPrStAMeeting 1 Feedback 3mPrZ2X
Meeting 1 Feedback BzhXMsxMeeting 1 Feedback H8F35LIMeeting 1 Feedback KrhnLgxMeeting 1 Feedback K65jjcu
Meeting 1 Feedback WNF2dBuMeeting 1 Feedback LENnCx1Meeting 1 Feedback 2GvHyoqMeeting 1 Feedback EoWXJFz
Meeting 1 Feedback PLJWhqHMeeting 1 Feedback KsRDGimMeeting 1 Feedback HATP6CPMeeting 1 Feedback RfgBHz5Meeting 1 Feedback 8XA7yfT
1st Lemons @ Le Mans 2nd Privateers Fiesta Spec Cup
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2014-06-17

https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Meeting 1 Feedback Empty Re: Meeting 1 Feedback

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 5:04

I wish we could have 24 people hear each other, Party or Lobby.

A Safety Car would have helped me, true. But I'm used to not having them, so I was okay without. Almost two laps down by the time I left the pits, but still okay with it. Had the second party called for it, we'd not have been sure the other party would know what was going on either.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 5:11

i feel this is the closest we get to TCC so a reverse grid of the finished results of Race 1 works out good, it seperates the Men from the Boys, imho. like u say Indy is small track accidents are always gonna happen, especially with these cars also. so i say stick with the original Format.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Riptide Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 6:05

Very nice racing, so thanks to the hosts and all those participating. Bearing in mind it was a "first event" with many newcomers, I think it was all smooth and will sort out in further races.

Besides a nick here and there, I had just one incident where I was taken off the track by a lapped car (I think). No sweat about that as I could see it was not intentional. Unfortunately I bumped him twice in an effort to get back on track, so apologies to him for that.

Think the current grid order[s] system are just fine, so for me no need to change that.

On the chat - well, this is Forza so I cannot see an easy solution. Perhaps splitting the lobbies in 2 after qualy with each their own party. Total race time then determines outcome Sure, not ideal or nice, but I think good communication amongst all those on track is more important.

Just a question to the hosts - For some reason I never received an invite [a few other guys as well] and even checked for it about every 30 seconds long before the starting time. So started at the back, but no sweat about that as I know these things happen, but my question to the hosts is - If it happens in future again, can I just join via the hosts GT and then request a party invite ?

Thanks

FA
LMP Riptide
LMP Riptide

TORA Race Number : 653
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2014-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gixer916er Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 9:17

It was my first online race. I didn't realize it was the first you'd organized Mr Driv3 so congrats on that as it didn't go tooo bad. Sure there were delays but now we know the reason why thats understandable and having help with those other tasks would speed things up.

The racing that I saw and was involved in all looked clean and fair, though there were incidents elsewhere (some possibly avoidable?)

I don't use the racing line and this was the first time I haven't been rammed into the back of every corner by someone mindlessly following it, so thanks for that guys!

Not sure on the reverse grid idea as I'm not overly comfortable with having a horde of faster guys trapped behind desperately looking for a way past as I'd feel I was in the way. Plus it doesn't do your mind much good to see your race position go backwards constantly thru the race. I'd rather start in my finishing position from the previous race as I'd earn't it and go from there.

As for the safety car thing over two lobbies, If everyone from one lobby slows and starts flashing their brake lights the other lobby would soon get the idea (possibly!). Or if there is a member of staff in each lobby that has each others mobile and have a quick text ready to go to the other lobby in case of incident?

whatever the outcome I'll be back for more...

Gixer916er

TORA Race Number : 916
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2016-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM Driv3 Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 15:25

Cheers for the feedback so far guys, keep it coming Smile

As for the invites, I did send them out twice to those who didn't join on the first invite so I guess it was xbox/forza not co-operating so I do apologise for that. You are fully able to and encouraged to join the lobby host via gamertag if you don't get an invite Smile I'll always appear online when hosting so it should be fairly easy.

Meeting 1 Feedback DD8nrex
Meeting 1 Feedback SZURIXJMeeting 1 Feedback QOKrWbyMeeting 1 Feedback MzPrStAMeeting 1 Feedback 3mPrZ2X
Meeting 1 Feedback BzhXMsxMeeting 1 Feedback H8F35LIMeeting 1 Feedback KrhnLgxMeeting 1 Feedback K65jjcu
Meeting 1 Feedback WNF2dBuMeeting 1 Feedback LENnCx1Meeting 1 Feedback 2GvHyoqMeeting 1 Feedback EoWXJFz
Meeting 1 Feedback PLJWhqHMeeting 1 Feedback KsRDGimMeeting 1 Feedback HATP6CPMeeting 1 Feedback RfgBHz5Meeting 1 Feedback 8XA7yfT
1st Lemons @ Le Mans 2nd Privateers Fiesta Spec Cup
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2014-06-17

https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Riptide Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 17:07

Mr Driv3 wrote:Cheers for the feedback so far guys, keep it coming Smile

As for the invites, I did send them out twice to those who didn't join on the first invite so I guess it was xbox/forza not co-operating so I do apologise for that. You are fully able to and encouraged to join the lobby host via gamertag if you don't get an invite Smile I'll always appear online when hosting so it should be fairly easy.

Thanks, I'll do so then. It's a known issue apparently mostly while playing FM6.
LMP Riptide
LMP Riptide

TORA Race Number : 653
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2014-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down