TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
American Endurance Cup Round 2: 12 Hours of Sebring General Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
American Endurance Cup Round 2: 12 Hours of Sebring General Chat - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
American Endurance Cup Round 2: 12 Hours of Sebring General Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
American Endurance Cup Round 2: 12 Hours of Sebring General Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
American Endurance Cup Round 2: 12 Hours of Sebring General Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
American Endurance Cup Round 2: 12 Hours of Sebring General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
American Endurance Cup Round 2: 12 Hours of Sebring General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
American Endurance Cup Round 2: 12 Hours of Sebring General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
American Endurance Cup Round 2: 12 Hours of Sebring General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

American Endurance Cup Round 2: 12 Hours of Sebring General Chat

+39
LMP Riptide
XRS Carlos
WELL DONE BAKU
SFM Darkzer
TFz Kami
HCR Hamish
HCCR Rabidus
theboomeranga
andiosterfeld
Moesavy
XRS RoberAstur
Dragonsyoung
SFM SKYACTIV
some evil dude
KZX Spider
THR Flipmode
frankiefresh332
DeductiveRain80
PROD DTechR
LZR Harmonic
racefan2002
SVR Solar
SGR RennBear
MrCorrosive10
SVR NO MERCY
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
AMS Turismo
HCR Motorhead
Freheliaz
Joito04
RBR Venom
WR Watcher
Veloce Virus
Jan Filip S
Amarth
ESV Moshys
Zabbzi
LZR ForceOne
Diablo 29x
43 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

American Endurance Cup Round 2: 12 Hours of Sebring General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: American Endurance Cup Round 2: 12 Hours of Sebring General Chat

Post by Freheliaz Wed 22 Feb 2017 - 18:38

Well by previous statements made Diablo you gave us the impression that you were going to change things as you feel it's not balanced.
I think many people who tested the cars for themselves feel that the cars are balanced over the season as they are with the builds used. The negativity comes from that. Yes the BMW was the fastest car at Daytona but not so strong on the other tracks. Other cars are better there. Then you proposed to change things. That's where the negativity comes from.
And I believe people are fine with that. Even if it turns out that the BMW might be the best car for the whole season. Or just rubbish from now on.
So I do think it's the best choice to keep the builds as they are. Also look at the variety of choice of cars in the GT field. That's also gotta count for something. It's not like TEC at Spa last year where it was a Corvette and some Jaguars.
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

American Endurance Cup Round 2: 12 Hours of Sebring General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: American Endurance Cup Round 2: 12 Hours of Sebring General Chat

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 22 Feb 2017 - 19:33

The reason the cars are closer due to the amount of work that has gone into the series. It's been an ongoing process to perfect the builds and that being said, sometimes they aren't completely right. Builds evolve as more time is spent tuning the cars, extracting more and more speed out of them.

I'm a perfectionist, so when I received data that showed that cars were a bit farther out of tolerance than what I had anticipated for, I wanted to correct this. But, I'm not going to perfect these cars now. I'll use the data from this series to perfect the builds for future use.

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Wed 22 Feb 2017 - 19:37

We'll just have to see at the end of the season now...

The onus was to make season long builds, but we've seen that some cars are stronger across the board and so inherently have an advantage over the whole season. We wanted to try and implement a few minor amendments although a lot of the provisional things listed were very early phase and needed to be tested, there were some things that staff know I wanted to sort out.

And from a punter's point of view, it sucks because the race is going to be marred, cries up and down the field that "Your car's OP! [Censored] you!"

But let's just play this out then.
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Veloce Virus Wed 22 Feb 2017 - 21:10

F4H Diablo wrote:Yeah I'm [Censored] done with this. I try to make improvements to a series, to balance things for all, and I just get accused of trying to skew things. Just [Censored] lovely.

I didn`t wanted to offend or blame anyone but I just think that it was the challenge to pic the right car for the whole season and a BoP change would not fit in this theme.
Everyone had the chance to test all cars on all tracks and pic the best car for them.
Maybe my poste before was a bit agressive but I didn`t ment it that way. I love you
Veloce Virus
Veloce Virus

TORA Race Number : 999
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://www.xbox-motorsport.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Jan Filip S Wed 22 Feb 2017 - 21:56

Zabbzi wrote:I would love to help out anyway I can with testing/BoP. I'm fairly slow, but I get the sense we need more and more diversity when it comes to testing things out.

So do I.

Diablo I think no one will accuse me of kissing your ass if I say you did tremendous job with bringing cars as close as possible. However changes might or not to be done. Like you said people push cars to the limits and new data arrive. It seems people did not notice that after suggested changes you asked for feedback. Stay open minded, stay cool. Please.
Jan Filip S
Jan Filip S

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 646
Registration date : 2016-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by AMS Turismo Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 5:05

I am not saying the cars should or shouldn't be changed, but I think some of us need to remember that the Ferraris kept up with the BMWs perfectly fine at Daytona. Wipperman racing (a new team) actually won with a ferrari even though F4H (an experienced team) was in the BMW. I am not saying this to try to inspire a build change (I am not opposed to one, but I am simply trying to give my opinion for the people that are discussing build changes) and I knew perfectly well when I chose the BMW that is was going probably going to be slow on most tracks but fast on Daytona, but all I am saying is so far it has not been completely dominant like people seem to be implying.
AMS Turismo
AMS Turismo

TORA Race Number : 83
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2016-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by AMS Turismo Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 5:08

Also, I am available to help test cars and such, just message me on XBL. I am also available to help with lobby troubles like what we experienced at Long Beach (although it will probably be less likely at Sebring due to less lobbies, but I can still help if I am needed).
AMS Turismo
AMS Turismo

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by AMS Turismo Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 5:09

One more thing lol: I agree with JAN, great job on this series Diablo.
AMS Turismo
AMS Turismo

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Veloce Virus Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 5:54

BDR Beast wrote:I am not saying the cars should or shouldn't be changed, but I think some of us need to remember that the Ferraris kept up with the BMWs perfectly fine at Daytona. Wipperman racing (a new team)  actually won with a ferrari even though F4H (an experienced team) was in the BMW.

First of all we are not a new team ( We won TEC last year) we just changed our name. And the Ferrari couldn't keep up man.. it was down on pace but wen knew that and still picked the Ferrari because  we thought that it's best car  over the whole season.
Veloce Virus
Veloce Virus

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by AMS Turismo Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 6:16

NVirus999 wrote:
BDR Beast wrote:I am not saying the cars should or shouldn't be changed, but I think some of us need to remember that the Ferraris kept up with the BMWs perfectly fine at Daytona. Wipperman racing (a new team)  actually won with a ferrari even though F4H (an experienced team) was in the BMW.

First of all we are not a new team ( We won TEC last year) we just changed our name. And the Ferrari couldn't keep up man.. it was down on pace but wen knew that and still picked the Ferrari because  we thought that it's best car  over the whole season.

Oh my bad, I didn't realize there was a name change, I must have read something on a different forum topic a couple of weeks back and misunderstood. I am sorry about that. I can agree with what you said about the Ferrari being best over the whole season, that is one of the things I was trying to say earlier when I said I knew the BMW would be slower at tracks besides Daytona. Now that I look back Wippermann had the only non BMW that finished in the top five at Daytona so I guess you are right. My bad there too. But there were still 3 Ferrari teams in A lobby, which is only one less than the number of BMWs so the Ferraris still did really well.
AMS Turismo
AMS Turismo

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 14:45

BDR Beast wrote:Also, I am available to help test cars and such, just message me on XBL. I am also available to help with lobby troubles like what we experienced at Long Beach (although it will probably be less likely at Sebring due to less lobbies, but I can still help if I am needed).

the "problems" at long beach were Xboxs fault unless you can clear up xboxlives frequent gliches? if not then your post was a dig... do not dig at me Cheers
you will not get the results your intending Basketball
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

TORA Race Number : 33
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2012-11-17

http://neinshiza.net84.net  neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR NO MERCY Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 14:59

Hey, as a online racer who race in multiple series,(Hi ATP Freebie) I realize that the cars balancing for gt is very hard to get right. And to complain about how one car is under power on this track knowing it was op on another is just extremely selfish. If this sounds like i'm kissing F4H Diablo bottom you are extremely correct. But all jokes aside, I race the beautiful ford gt and the time got with that (on a good day Wink) on sebring is AN SECRET. But I personally think that the setups on these car is probably the closet I ever-seen. So with that said, watch out fellas Black Bone Racing is on the rise and yes those were fighting words Cool

SVR NO MERCY

TORA Race Number : 876
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2016-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by AMS Turismo Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 15:22

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
BDR Beast wrote:Also, I am available to help test cars and such, just message me on XBL. I am also available to help with lobby troubles like what we experienced at Long Beach (although it will probably be less likely at Sebring due to less lobbies, but I can still help if I am needed).

the "problems" at long beach were Xboxs fault unless you can clear up xboxlives frequent gliches? if not then your post was a dig... do not dig at me Cheers
you will not get the results your intending   Basketball

I was just talking about the lack of available hosts/too many lobbies... I am willing to host a lobby to help if the same thing happens here. I wasn't trting to attack anybody.
AMS Turismo
AMS Turismo

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 16:21

The BoP was established for the season so that cars were going to be within like... .6-.8 from slowest to fastest on any given track. The reason I started to look into the builds at Sebring is because some cars were falling outside this bracket. All I intended to do with looking into the builds for Sebring was to bring the cars back to within this tolerance, not to make them "equal". I guess I assumed people would realize this, but, that's what assuming gets you.

Those in the BMW are going to struggle this round, so it should bring some new drivers into the upper lobbies, which is always a nice thing to have. Sebring isn't one of my favorite rounds, but I hope to have fun with it this time.

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR ForceOne Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 17:32

Actually, it's not worth it. Yay tora

LZR ForceOne

Xbox 360 Playstation 4

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2016-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR NO MERCY Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 18:20

F4H ForceOne wrote:Actually, it's not worth it. Yay tora

Why delete your commit. You made my 8 hour day alot easier when you said that.

SVR NO MERCY

TORA Race Number : 876
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2016-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR ForceOne Fri 24 Feb 2017 - 0:13

ACG NO MERCY wrote:
F4H ForceOne wrote:Actually, it's not worth it. Yay tora

Why delete your commit. You made my 8 hour day alot easier when you said that.
What? I'm confused

LZR ForceOne

Xbox 360 Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by RBR Venom Fri 24 Feb 2017 - 19:37

A bit more testing has put me into the high 48s for the riley so it's better that car stays unchanged. Not quite sure what the vette's pace is but it might be stuck in the 49s
RBR Venom
RBR Venom

TORA Race Number : 23
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2016-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Fri 24 Feb 2017 - 19:43

F4H Nova wrote:A bit more testing has put me into the high 48s for the riley so it's better that car stays unchanged. Not quite sure what the vette's pace is but it might be stuck in the 49s

Yeah CARmonic put up a basic tune for it with brakes I didn't like and I was in the 49.2 range straight away. It should be a decent fight like Daytona was Smile
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MrCorrosive10 Fri 24 Feb 2017 - 21:07

Where are build threats that? let the teams show of they turn (or just ignore the sentence to the right)
MrCorrosive10
MrCorrosive10

TORA Race Number : 605
Xbox One Playstation 3

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2016-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Fri 24 Feb 2017 - 22:21

the build threads have been in the exact same place as they have been since I put them up in December.

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t17750-tora-american-sports-car-championship-car-list

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR RennBear Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 3:30

If it helps I'm only able to run high 2:04s in the Ferrari. Keep in mind I'm not the best driver (lobby D at Long Beach) but the Ferrari seems a little off pace and based off the performance of the bmw in previous rounds I'm with a lot of others who are feeling a little uncomfortable with the bump.

SGR RennBear

TORA Race Number : 241
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2016-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarth Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 9:41

ablueN1njaBear wrote:If it helps I'm only able to run high 2:04s in the Ferrari. Keep in mind I'm not the best driver (lobby D at Long Beach) but the Ferrari seems a little off pace and based off the performance of the bmw in previous rounds I'm with a lot of others who are feeling a little uncomfortable with the bump.

Lmao

1. The Ferrari is not off pace at all, it's one of the best cars, and one of the fastest at Sebring.
2. No builds have been changed, and I feel a lot of attention the Z4 is getting is unjustified. It wasn't the fastest car at Long Beach and it's far from the fastest car at Sebring.
Amarth
Amarth

TORA Race Number : 405
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Veloce Virus Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 11:24

CAR Amarth wrote:
Lmao

1. The Ferrari is not off pace at all, it's one of the best cars, and one of the fastest at Sebring.
2. No builds have been changed, and I feel a lot of attention the Z4 is getting is unjustified. It wasn't the fastest car at Long Beach and it's far from the fastest car at Sebring.

True
Veloce Virus
Veloce Virus

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR ForceOne Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 13:44

All that I ask is that TORA balances car performance and not driver skill. You can't be a C lobby driver comparing your pace to Laige and then ask for your car to be balanced. It requires a little understanding to see how much pace is driver and how much is actually car.

LZR ForceOne

Xbox 360 Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next