TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

NATCC General Discussion

+23
DDM DriftiN
GBR WARRIOR
CBR sslade em
SQD GGRacing
AMS MeaD 212
RZM Zenith
JIM TacticaL365
EZT MAKO 6669
Miiraki
UNR gato
Im Just Kurt
Ax4x Cowboy
T9M JOKER
SVR Solar
TLR Scrublord
HCR Dandy
Tarponboy95
Diablo 29x
ORC blkghost
PROD Exziited
VBR Deathstroke
SFM Darkzer
Ax4x Mikey J
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: NATCC General Discussion

Post by AMS MeaD 212 Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 17:18

FTR Vettel wrote:
F4H Diablo wrote:All of A lobby - we made it, it was a nightmare, I honestly think that round should be null/void. I'll take the hit on Mead getting screwed over in R1, thought he was in party and when I called out a time/sent a time he missed the memo.

Race 1 is enough evidence the round should be nulled. Since Mead didn't know the start time, it threw everyone off since as we were starting he was going in reverse into me and the others directly behind me. It is not in any way his fault, and it was just absolute craziness. Heck, for a second I thought it was an aborted start. I'm definitely not going to submit an SI over it but I have the replay shared and can share the clip of what happened as evidence of the chaos.

I was only reversing to re-iterate the fact that there was an issue. Just didn't do it in time.

NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 98GI6kE

ritchard1995@gmail.com

"AMS Datsun: - I was drunk and stoned, not my fault"

AMS MeaD 212
AMS MeaD 212

TORA Race Number : 212
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2013-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 18:17

I've heard from multiple accounts that there was widespread cutting, divebombing, and general lack of any form of racing etiquette in the upper lobbies.

This has left me questioning two things:

Why I even bother organizing events these days when so many seem to disregard the entire rulebook pertaining to race craft.

and

Why the offenders are here when it is obvious that public hoppers would be far more suited to their preferences.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by RZM Zenith Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 18:55

Flyin Mikey J wrote:I've heard from multiple accounts that there was widespread cutting, divebombing, and general lack of any form of racing etiquette in the upper lobbies.

Why I even bother organizing events these days when so many seem to disregard the entire rulebook pertaining to race craft.

and

Why the offenders are here when it is obvious that public hoppers would be far more suited to their preferences.

1. Divebombing is a perfectly acceptable racing move, if done correctly. My contact with Technical was an example of a poor divebomb, but I made fine passes throughout the night with divebombs as well. Sometimes the only thing you have over someone else is braking ability and you have to take advantage of that.

2. When it comes to a track like Bugatti, a lot of corner cutting is accidental and a result of trying to push the car to it's limits on already questionable lines. We decided that the races would be Forza clean, so everyone was cutting and extending to some degree. It's a consequence of bad track design, not bad driving.

3. When we're already an hour and a half behind schedule because of constant disconnects and party issues, most of us were tired and probably not driving at our best.

In short it was a chaotic night, which is why I agree that it should be a drop round.
RZM Zenith
RZM Zenith

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2018-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 19:26

FTR Cervy wrote:
Flyin Mikey J wrote:I've heard from multiple accounts that there was widespread cutting, divebombing, and general lack of any form of racing etiquette in the upper lobbies.

and

1. Divebombing is a perfectly acceptable racing move, if done correctly. My contact with Technical was an example of a poor divebomb, but I made fine passes throughout the night with divebombs as well. Sometimes the only thing you have over someone else is braking ability and you have to take advantage of that.

2. When it comes to a track like Bugatti, a lot of corner cutting is accidental and a result of trying to push the car to it's limits on already questionable lines. We decided that the races would be Forza clean, so everyone was cutting and extending to some degree. It's a consequence of bad track design, not bad driving.

3. When we're already an hour and a half behind schedule because of constant disconnects and party issues, most of us were tired and probably not driving at our best.

In short it was a chaotic night, which is why I agree that it should be a drop round.

I have no idea who you are, or more pointedly who the absolute f--k you think you are, but let me set your ass straight on a couple of things...

"We" decided on TORA clean over Forza clean. Not you, not your lobby, but TORA Staff. May I remind you, you do not make the rules here, Staff does, and Stewards uphold them. There were no staff or stewards in your lobby, so there were no official rule changes to suit you or anyone else. What you may find is a whole slew of DQs across the board for failure to obey TORA rules.

Divebombs are indeed a legit move, but there's a risk in that done wrong, contact made, penaly handed out. It really is that simple. You chose to take that risck. In many cases it may have worked out. But if the one time it didn't quite pan out for you the victim decided to SI the incident, you could face a penalty.

And FTR, I am aware of your odd Qualifying procedure, and a penalty has been discussed within staff and stewards. I'll just say for now do not pull that stunt in any series I help run or organize ever again.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CBR sslade em Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 21:11

*pops popcorn*

I'll say this. There were a lot of new names in my qualifying lobby this week, and the racing etiquette and lack of respect was mind boggling. I waited about 30 seconds after everyone had started to have a clean line of vision throughout my laps. On the last lap I was .6 seconds in the green when two things occurred. One, there was a car parked sideways in the middle of the track that I had to drive through. And two, another car overextended the race line and dirtied their lap (during this I passed them). This driver then proceeded to go down the back stretch at full speed and slammed the tire wall while 100ft behind me. Seeing tires launched in front of me and hearing a wide open engine going into a braking zone is every distracting. The lack of sportsmanship and acting like a dumbass baffles me.

***Just because you think you are through with qualifying before reaching the finish line doesn't mean everyone is finished***

That is all.

CBR sslade em

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by RZM Zenith Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 21:25

Flyin Mikey J wrote:I have no idea who you are, or more pointedly who the absolute f--k you think you are, but let me set your ass straight on a couple of things...

"We" decided on TORA clean over Forza clean. Not you, not your lobby, but TORA Staff. May I remind you, you do not make the rules here, Staff does, and Stewards uphold them. There were no staff or stewards in your lobby, so there were no official rule changes to suit you or anyone else. What you may find is a whole slew of DQs across the board for failure to obey TORA rules.

Divebombs are indeed a legit move, but there's a risk in that done wrong, contact made, penaly handed out. It really is that simple. You chose to take that risck. In many cases it may have worked out. But if the one time it didn't quite pan out for you the victim decided to SI the incident, you could face a penalty.

And FTR, I am aware of your odd Qualifying procedure, and a penalty has been discussed within staff and stewards. I'll just say for now do not pull that stunt in any series I help run or organize ever again.

I'll accept any penalties or SI's that are handed to me; I know I made mistakes and can own up to them. I wasn't aware that reversing off the start was such a violation, and tbf I wasn't even sure if we were in a legit qualy lobby cause nobody set up a party and no communication was given. I wasn't talking about me specifically, nor was it specifically my decision to race Forza clean. It was a decision we as a lobby came to after the lack in communication for qualy led to lots of "Forza clean" lap times being put up.

"There were no staff or stewards in your lobby", well isn't that kinda your job to make sure there is? Don't get upset with us for confusion when nobody from TORA is there to clear things up. This happened in A lobby for the last BGT round too, and I'm interested to know why A lobby isn't getting any staff while the lower lobbies are?

This is your event, so you're the boss here. But don't make assumptions about races when you weren't even there to see them.
RZM Zenith
RZM Zenith

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Im Just Kurt Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 22:27

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes So lots to look forward to as we take the week off. ForzaRC, real Le Mans, TORA Le Mans... lots of action
Im Just Kurt
Im Just Kurt

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2018-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by GBR WARRIOR Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 0:39

Just signed up for my first race, what lap times should I be looking at guys?

GBR WARRIOR

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2018-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by RZM Zenith Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 1:36

Next race is Mugello club I believe. I put down a 58.2 a few weeks ago
RZM Zenith
RZM Zenith

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by GBR WARRIOR Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 1:46

FTR Cervy wrote:Next race is Mugello club I believe. I put down a 58.2 a few weeks ago

Damn I'm miles off. Don't suppose you have a base setup for the BMW do you? I used to tune fairly well back in my day but 3 games on the meta has changed and I'm rusty as anything lol. Slowly improving but having something to compare to would help greatly.

GBR WARRIOR

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by RZM Zenith Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 1:48

I'm using the Audi but I do have a decent tune for the BMW I made during testing. Check in a few hours I'll have it posted
RZM Zenith
RZM Zenith

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by GBR WARRIOR Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 2:14

FTR Cervy wrote:I'm using the Audi but I do have a decent tune for the BMW I made during testing. Check in a few hours I'll have it posted

Thank you I appreciate it, will I be able to adjust it or is it locked off? I don't know how things work atm lol.

Tested the BMW (my pick) v the Chevy and Audi, FWD has a massive advantage in terms of stability and consistency damn, the RWD BMW may be more agile at making passes though.

Tough choice, lap times v passing ability.

GBR WARRIOR

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 3:06

iFARM SALT wrote:
FTR Cervy wrote:I'm using the Audi but I do have a decent tune for the BMW I made during testing. Check in a few hours I'll have it posted

Thank you I appreciate it, will I be able to adjust it or is it locked off? I don't know how things work atm lol.

Tested the BMW (my pick) v the Chevy and Audi, FWD has a massive advantage in terms of stability and consistency damn, the RWD BMW may be more agile at making passes though.

Any tune you get from the Store Front and I believe the auction house (if you can still buy tunes there?) will be locked.

NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 Y4AOm8B

NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 Y4movPdIlYxvVboZf8g041PCZfF5YuW2Z9nt8ICgoFosZInf4wyO2gspu6tP18cB9E8t-2yOsFPNGkOCk_8qyidyYR0ZLrsIfcBx__TQXuvskFfKHVi_If9EjyY2DkuSzDtMiehy9fURm60uWboMdNetJNLCClH3ixM0_dciwgGiLz6Uev8fTipBuZNVqdIYp_9g5PUBHMB4kXfjQXzxhRcdg?width=280&height=45&cropmode=none
EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n o r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life![/url]

----------> insert ribbons here

ok then NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 MMW7lPFNATCC General Discussion - Page 3 Ugzq3mENATCC General Discussion - Page 3 SyP3J7VNATCC General Discussion - Page 3 ThRRsUxNATCC General Discussion - Page 3 UDO8mUuNATCC General Discussion - Page 3 DG54pTI Smile
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4314
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by GBR WARRIOR Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 8:29

EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:
iFARM SALT wrote:

Any tune you get from the Store Front and I believe the auction house (if you can still buy tunes there?) will be locked.

Damn, probs best I just keep to my own then and learning lol.

GBR WARRIOR

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by GBR WARRIOR Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 20:37

Anyone running a practice lobby to run laps this week? Wanna chase something and see where I'm going wrong lol.

GBR WARRIOR

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 21:26

I'll be doing practice on either Tuesday night or Wednesday day US time. Or possibly both.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by GBR WARRIOR Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 21:29

Flyin Mikey J wrote:I'll be doing practice on either Tuesday night or Wednesday day US time. Or possibly both.

Perfect! If there's one for tomorrow I'll deffo be there, Wednesday unfortunately I'll be at work lol

GBR WARRIOR

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Wed 27 Jun 2018 - 10:21

Well it would appear you guys have nailed the actual series after all!! LOL

NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 Y4AOm8B

NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 Y4movPdIlYxvVboZf8g041PCZfF5YuW2Z9nt8ICgoFosZInf4wyO2gspu6tP18cB9E8t-2yOsFPNGkOCk_8qyidyYR0ZLrsIfcBx__TQXuvskFfKHVi_If9EjyY2DkuSzDtMiehy9fURm60uWboMdNetJNLCClH3ixM0_dciwgGiLz6Uev8fTipBuZNVqdIYp_9g5PUBHMB4kXfjQXzxhRcdg?width=280&height=45&cropmode=none
EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n o r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life![/url]

----------> insert ribbons here

ok then NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 MMW7lPFNATCC General Discussion - Page 3 Ugzq3mENATCC General Discussion - Page 3 SyP3J7VNATCC General Discussion - Page 3 ThRRsUxNATCC General Discussion - Page 3 UDO8mUuNATCC General Discussion - Page 3 DG54pTI Smile
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4314
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Im Just Kurt Fri 29 Jun 2018 - 3:44

Racing tonight in A lobby was Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Im Just Kurt
Im Just Kurt

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2018-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Fri 29 Jun 2018 - 3:50

was good fun, hard but fair racing i'd say and if anyone messed up they always gave the position back Smile
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by GBR WARRIOR Fri 29 Jun 2018 - 4:13

Thank you for letting me take part everyone in B lobby, good racing from what I saw, just wish the lag issues were.. noticed more lol. Hope I didn't make too much of a fool out of myself, and see you next week! 🙂

GBR WARRIOR

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Darkzer Fri 29 Jun 2018 - 4:29

B Lobby

Race 1 - Very Happy

Race 2 - Cheers

Race 3 - No

The Darkzer Divebomb™️
NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 EeiIi55NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 Xnio3s10
2019 TORA Vintage 12 Hours of Sebring - P6
2019 TORA Class 24 Hours of Daytona - P6 GTO
2018 RORA NASCAR - P2
2018 RORA MPC - P2, P1 Team
2018 OPPO Endurance Championship - P2
2018 TORA V8 Supercars US - P7, P5 Team
2018 TORA Trans Am US - P6, P2 Team
2018 TORA Spec Cup US (Audi TTS) - P2, P1 Team
2018 TORA British GT - P11, P3 Team
2018 RORA RRIPA - P1
2018 TORA NATCC - P13, P5 Team
2018 TORA 24 Hours of Le Mans - P3
2018 RORA Le Mans Series VI - P1 PC
2018 TORA TASCAR - P3, P3 Team
2018 TORA ASCC - P3 Team
2018 RORA KTCC - P3
2017 RORA ARROW - P1
2017 RORA Le Mans Series V -  P3
2017 OPPO CTSC - P2
2016 RORA Le Mans Series IV -  P2 GT
SFM Darkzer
SFM Darkzer

TORA Race Number : 923
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 6463
Registration date : 2016-10-15

https://www.reddit.com/user/Sindroome24

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM DriftiN Fri 29 Jun 2018 - 4:32

Soo much fun in A lobby. The sort of thing I have been missing in TCC unfortunately to say.
Cant wait to come back to this next week.

Drive Clean. Drive Fast.
If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough.

Dare Devil Motorsport Founder

Founded 2019
DDM DriftiN
DDM DriftiN

TORA Race Number : 624
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2016-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by SQD GGRacing Fri 29 Jun 2018 - 14:16

SFM Darkzer wrote:B Lobby

Race 1 -  Very Happy

Race 2 -  Cheers

Race 3 - No

For me of B Lobby.

Race 1 No

Race 2 Very Happy

Race 3 Cheers

Race 3 was awesome on last lap, everyone was pushing it since front was having a good battle & contact together LOL
SQD GGRacing
SQD GGRacing

TORA Race Number : 367
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2016-10-18

https://www.squadios.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Darkzer Fri 29 Jun 2018 - 19:48

This was kinda fun:

You had a good attempt at taking it back the next lap, just a little too deep on the brakes. I did appreciate that you let me recover after the bump.

The Darkzer Divebomb™️
NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 EeiIi55NATCC General Discussion - Page 3 Xnio3s10
2019 TORA Vintage 12 Hours of Sebring - P6
2019 TORA Class 24 Hours of Daytona - P6 GTO
2018 RORA NASCAR - P2
2018 RORA MPC - P2, P1 Team
2018 OPPO Endurance Championship - P2
2018 TORA V8 Supercars US - P7, P5 Team
2018 TORA Trans Am US - P6, P2 Team
2018 TORA Spec Cup US (Audi TTS) - P2, P1 Team
2018 TORA British GT - P11, P3 Team
2018 RORA RRIPA - P1
2018 TORA NATCC - P13, P5 Team
2018 TORA 24 Hours of Le Mans - P3