TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game EmptyYesterday at 4:36 by Samcole1234

» New to League Racing!
Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

Facebook

Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game

3 posters

Go down

Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game Empty Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game

Post by HCR generaltso Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 17:52

http://dvice.com/archives/2011/06/capcom-tries-to.php

Buying used video games is great for gamers who don't want to pay full price for the latest hits. You know who doesn't like used video games? Game publishers. In a very sad twist, Capcom's fighting back against the second-hand game market with a game that can only support one save file — for life.

It's been confirmed that Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D for the Nintendo 3DS is a game that once finished, cannot be reset for complete replay. According to both the U.S. and U.K. game's instruction manual "saved data on this software cannot be reset."

Basically what Capcom has done is make Mercenaries 3D a one-time play affair. Once you've unlocked all the goodies and played the entire game, you will not be able to erase the game's save data and start fresh as if it were a new copy. Consider this: lending Mercenaries 3D to a friend, a little brother or sister will be worthless because they'll only be able to continue playing the game with your saved settings and create their own.

We get that game publishers don't make any money off sales from used video games, but killing off the ability to hit the reset button is just taking things too far. It's like saying Upperdeck is entitled to a cut in my autographed Michael Jordan basketball card I sold at a garage sale for $10,000 some 25 years after I bought it.

While it can be argued that used video game sales are actually more damaging than piracy, it's still a lowball move for Capcom to make, especially with a franchise as large and significant as the Resident Evil series. Will other publishers follow in Capcom's footsteps to take a stand against the lucrative market of used video games? We really hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

yikes.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game Empty Re: Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game

Post by AMR of the Apex Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 18:03

First thing that popped into my head when I read this:

AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

TORA Race Number : TBD
Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3833
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game Empty Re: Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game

Post by Richy59 Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 0:36

I think it's a great idea. I hate the fact that Game and HMV etc are taking peoples games for pennies and turing over pure profit on them. I realize that some people live by used games. I also hate that every shop I go into I have no choice but to look at their used section as they are typically double the size of their new games. GAME is the worst for it, their whole store is just used games these days...and Wii games.

I have had nothing but bad experiences with them. the few I have ever owned have been taken back and refunded becuase none of them work.

I noticed in the shops today that all of the latest games are now on sale and are cheaper than the pre-owned ones. All you need to do these days is wait a month and the games are all down in price.

I don't mind buying games from people, which I occasionally do online through eBay and Amazon. if it's a rare game. It's just the big companies that do it annoys me.

/rant

Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down