TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Updates and Announcements. EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Updates and Announcements. EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Updates and Announcements. EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Updates and Announcements. EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Updates and Announcements. EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Updates and Announcements. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Updates and Announcements. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Updates and Announcements. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Updates and Announcements. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Updates and Announcements.

Go down

Updates and Announcements. Empty Updates and Announcements.

Well, these last few weeks have been very up and down. The only up for me being the GPWC. If I'm honest, Forza 3 has given me no incentive to play on it. Not even our ISCC championships. Reason being is cos I start the race knowing I'm gonna be about 7th in about D Lobby, while my team mates are up there in A lobby heading for 1st or 2nd. And when you are in a team like Austins who have won championships a few times, you feel as if your letting the team down. Then you hear your other team mate has left the team, you feel as if you need to buck up your skills. Thats why I am going to announce now that this will be the last season I will be in ISCC. As the races are too long and get boring as not much happens. I may be on for a couple ISCC races for the rest of the season but thats about it. Secondly, NMW. I took part in the Seat Cup and while it was good fun, it was also boring and made me realise why I need to take a break from Forza 3 until Forza 4 is out. Because the cars and so slow and it makes them feel heavy. When they are slow and heavy, you take the corner as you normally do then hit someone, or go really slow. So you start second and by the 3rd lap you're 7th... Another thing with NMW is the DiRT3 Event. Now, I know everyone has their tastes but I think the community needs a bit more variety. The series mainly run on Forza or Shift2. I really do believe that we need to run more championships on more games. If no one can run it, then ask for some help. I have run the GPWC for the last few weeks due to Matt doing his marshalling (which I'm not argueing against, I actually like running it) but he asked me to do it a few weeks ago and I have just taken it from there. I would be happy to run events like that. I even called for people to see if they wanted a DiRT 3 night but I got 1 person. So you can close that thread now.
That's now the end of my moan. Feel free to have a go at me for something that you feel is wrong about my opinion which I am used to by now (Look at the "OFFICIAL F1" thread).
johnnyboy360

Number of posts : 1287
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Updates and Announcements. :: Comments

Post Thu 7 Jul 2011 - 19:13 by culchi

Johnny I see nothing wrong with your comments. May I suggest you set up a thread to see who actually has dirt and get some feedback on what type of races people would like to do on it, maybe give it a month or so before a start date give people time to get the game and try it out

Back to top Go down

lfcnicklfc

Post Thu 7 Jul 2011 - 19:15 by lfcnicklfc

you're not the only one who's sick of Forza, i've given up completely on it now and i'm really enjoying Race Pro and it's been a really nice change to be honest!

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 7 Jul 2011 - 19:20 by johnnyboy360

I got about 9 people tonight. I'm not running it as a championship just a little mess around. Glad to know I'm not the only one who is getting bored of it nick!

Back to top Go down

XTI Avenger

Post Thu 7 Jul 2011 - 20:05 by XTI Avenger

You're definitely not the only one johnny. I've been bored sick of Forza lately and while I've tried to enter the SummerGT, stuff just keeps coming up leaving me no time to mess around with Forza. Forza is losing it's touch with everyone, just at different stages johnny, so don't think you're the only one or anything. But I agree with Shane, if you plan on doing anything serious, try to set it up very early in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 7 Jul 2011 - 20:17 by johnnyboy360

Well yeah but I'm not sure yet. At the moment we are haing fun messing around.

Back to top Go down

Captain Handbag

Post Thu 7 Jul 2011 - 20:40 by Captain Handbag

Yeah im sort of the same thats why I drift on forza!. XD almost on GTA permanently now because its just fun!

Back to top Go down

VVV GunDaM

Post Thu 7 Jul 2011 - 20:44 by VVV GunDaM

You definetely aren't the only one. Even with the new found life in the ISCC, I still think that Forza 3 is one of my top 5 worst games ever.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 7 Jul 2011 - 20:50 by johnnyboy360

I'm glad I'm not the only one. There really is just nothing else to do on forza.

Back to top Go down

VVV GunDaM

Post Thu 7 Jul 2011 - 21:49 by VVV GunDaM

^And to be honest, I still like Shift 2 and GT5 more.

Back to top Go down

XTI Avenger

Post Thu 7 Jul 2011 - 22:38 by XTI Avenger

I personally wouldn't rank it in my top 5 WORST games, just not in the 5 BEST. Razz But seriously though, good game, just no depth. Big launch for a somewhat disappointing game.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 7 Jul 2011 - 22:52 by johnnyboy360

I agree Avenger. Definetly not top 5 worst. I loved it all the time we had new packs coming out but then they stopped the focus on Forza 3.

Back to top Go down

ATR DAN

Post Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 16:13 by ATR DAN

johnnyboy360 wrote:Forza 3 has given me no incentive to play on it. Not even our ISCC championships. Reason being is cos I start the race knowing I'm gonna be about 7th in about D Lobby, while my team mates are up there in A lobby heading for 1st or 2nd. And when you are in a team like Austins who have won championships a few times, you feel as if your letting the team down. Then you hear your other team mate has left the team, you feel as if you need to buck up your skills. Thats why I am going to announce now that this will be the last season I will be in ISCC. As the races are too long and get boring as not much happens. I may be on for a couple ISCC races for the rest of the season but thats about it.

Johnny, you haven't let me down mate. I have by being absent for a few weeks. Yourself and Adrian did very well whilst I've been trying to get my own life sorted.
You're still only young. It'll take you time to fully get up to speed and be near the sort of pace that myself or a few others are at. I wasn't fast initially. When I joined TORA in 2008, I wasn't any where near the level of performance and consistency that I am right now. Doesn't mean to say that I'm going to win every race though. You've got to be rich on the game to play around with the cars and find the right build and tune. Thats something that I haven't been good at since the switch to Forza 3 in 2009.

In all honesty, since the time I've been here, do you want to know how many titles I've won? The answer is not many. Theres the 2009 GT3 Drivers and Teams Championship, 2009 LMS Teams championship and the 2010 GT4 Drivers for Mark (Rollin in an STI). So not many, but it doesn't stop me from trying to beat the likes of PLOW, WWR and now EZT and VVV. However, even though I have this desire to try and beat the gigantic teams at this game, my main priority is to make sure that I can give people a chance to race in as many championships as possible. So really, there's no pressure at all mate and I think you've done a superb job this season. Have you forgotten about your podium finish in Suzuka? So you see, you're not rubbish after all so stop feelin' so down beat. LOL! Razz
If you need some extra tuition around these tracks, then I'll be more than happy to do that, if you feel that you're not getting the best out of yourself.

Really mate, it would be good if you was to participate in the remaining part of the ISCC in Amerca and hope we can finish on a high! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 16:52 by johnnyboy360

I just feel as if there's no point in carrying on in ISCC, the highest position I have been, is 3rd. The only person I used to beat is Adrian but seeing as he is not in it no more, I'll be last all the time. The thing is, I'm all for expanding the community, but when VVV and EZT came in, no one could beat them. Yes I do like some of them because they are great drivers but its like F1. You go into the race knowing only 1 team is going to win, then it gets annoying, then boring to the stage where you can't be arsed to race. The stage I'm at is, can't be arsed to race. I've said it and I'll say it again. There's no incentive for me to carry on. I'm probably below the LMP2 or GT1 drivers points wise. Forza is getting boring. New games are coming out that have blown Forza 3 out of proportion so you get hooked and forget about it. I will be on Forza for some of the Summer GT races because at the moment, they all collide with F1, and I am NOT giving up F1 for Forza. I have never forgotten my podium in Suzuka but by no means was it hard. We had a low attendance and it was a track I loved. I could be back for ALMS but at the moment. I'm bored of Forza.

Back to top Go down

Biggsy tv

Post Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 17:33 by Biggsy tv

Have you tried GT2 cars? The amount of times I've been ISCC testing and thought, I'll try P1 or P2. gen3ral gives me a go in his P2 car (gifted tune etc) and I'm WELL off his pace, like literally seconds off him. I'm sure you would be much quicker than I in a prototype. I just can't get along with them, and hence I'm stuck here in GT2. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 17:42 by johnnyboy360

I have to have TCS on in our Aston. Or I can guarantee you the recovery truck (if there was one Razz) would do more laps then me! I just wanted to be high up and feel as if I was faster then everyone else but that didn't work!

Back to top Go down

Captain Handbag

Post Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:08 by Captain Handbag

Johnny have you ever heard of drifting? When stuff like this annoys me I do a bit of drifting calms the blood down lovely!

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:10 by johnnyboy360

Haha! Good idea, DiRT 3 has to be best for that!

Back to top Go down

Captain Handbag

Post Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:13 by Captain Handbag

yep true! you should come into the lobby with us sometime! its like going into a day spa its so relaxed!

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:14 by Matt

I did LMP1 and was rubbish. Was nice to have the GT2 going, felt far more on it and have had times where pace has been ok.
I think it takes a vey specific sort of driver to do P1, the cars are just sooooo particular to drive. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:26 by johnnyboy360

Captain Handbag wrote:yep true! you should come into the lobby with us sometime! its like going into a day spa its so relaxed!

I am always on DiRT3!! Except tonight, which is going to be for F1 practice, but yeah I'll jump in with you guys at some point!

Matt wrote:I did LMP1 and was rubbish. Was nice to have the GT2 going, felt far more on it and have had times where pace has been ok.
I think it takes a vey specific sort of driver to do P1, the cars are just sooooo particular to drive. Sad

Hmm true. They are hard to handle and you really need to spend a lot of time with it to suit your driving style. It's hard to jump into a tune that has been sent to you (no offence to your tunes Dan, they are amazing!!) and just race as if you know how to. But there you go. Erm another thing while we are talking Matt, can I just ask a favor? Basically, everyone is getting upset by saying that GPWC is the "forgotten championship" as the boards don't get updated after every race. Which is true and you can see their point. So I was just wondering, if you could send me the documents or whatever it is that needs to be updated and I'll update them. I know you are busy with your marshalling (which I hope you are enjoying) and everyone is getting upset about it. It's been quite a fun few weeks actually and you have been heavily missed by us lot! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down