TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion

+4
GTR Evoluzione
Driftollie
Ax4x Chaddy
Richy59
8 posters

Go down

TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion Empty TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion

Post by Richy59 Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 9:52

Get ready to race in these ultra lightweight cars around some of the best tracks of the world!

TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion 6328634618_66fd6e2d4a_z

The build of the cars is designed to create close and fun racing. The build should be as follows.

PI B470

Enigine and Power

Sport Air Filter
Stock Intake
Sreet Fuel System
Sport Ignition
Sport Exhaust
Stock Camshaft
Stock Valves
Stock Displacement
Stock Pistons
Stock Oil and Cooling
Stock Flywheel

Platform and Handling

Sport Brakes
Sport Suspension
Sport Front Anti-roll Bar
Sport Rear Anti-roll Bar
Race Roll Cage
Race Weight Reduction

Drivetrain

Sport Clutch
Street Transmission
Sport Driveline
Stock Differential

Tyres and Rims

Sport Tyres
225 Front Tyre Width
225 Rear Tyre Width
WedsSport TC 105 N Wheels
Stock Rim Size Front and Rear

Aero and Apperarance

Stock

Conversion

Stock

Stats

Power - 199bhp
Torque - 179lb/ft
Weight - 2119lbs

The cars should not be different from that build.

Damage will be set to Limited.

Auto-brake, Stabilty Control and ABS are banned.

Traction Control, Normal/Simulation Steering and Race Line are allowed and the choice is yours.

Points will only be scored by drivers, no teams involved, and the entry to the series will be relaxed. Points will be scored as per TORA standard.

To enter, simple post in the relevant race threads that you wish to take part. We will then endevour to keep the list of names up to date and to send out invites to everybody who is on that list come race night.

There will be a qualifying session before the first race which will determine your starting position in Race 1. Race 2's starting order will be set in the finishing positions from Race 1. Race 3 will be a reverse of Race 2.

Qualifying will be a 3 flying laps, plus a warm up and cool down lap. Clean laps WILL take preference over dirty laps.

There will be three races in a night, 8 laps in length and will be using short to medium circuits. The calander is as follows:

Mazda Laguna Seca - 15th November 2011 - 8pm GMT

TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion 6327938207_ab3c447f3e_z

Catalunya National - 22nd November 2011 - 8pm GMT

TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion 6328691430_8c5047ea6a_z

Mugello Club - 29th November 2011 - 8pm GMT

TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion 6328691268_56175c04c1_z

Road Atlanta Club - 6th December 2011 - 8pm GMT

TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion 6327938663_ac3859ca67_z

I have the build on my SF for free if anyone wants it. The car is in the TORA Car Club as well, incase you need it on the night and just want to join in for the night.

Good luck and happy racing!

Last edited by Richy on Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 9:52; edited 3 times in total
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion Empty Re: TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 10:10

Are we tuning in this championship?
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion Empty Re: TORA MSA Mazda MX-5 Cup - Rules and Discussion

Post by Richy59 Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 10:12

No, it's specced so you can't tune the car.
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Driftollie Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 10:26

Can't wait for this! First full TORA championship for me! Smile
Driftollie
Driftollie

TORA Race Number : 155
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Evoluzione Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 1:14

Richy wrote:No, it's specced so you can't tune the car.
I guess we can let the air out of Tires.. That's aboutvmy level of tuning anyhoo.. Very Happy
GTR Evoluzione
GTR Evoluzione

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-06-09

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8433988@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:02

Well done to everyone who took part, and it's great to see some new faces on in the top three places. Well done PAWL3Y, irn bru moo and Driftollie. You guys deserved everything for some fantastic racing in the series. Those weren't easy cars to drive, but they provided some incredible racing.

We are still evaluating our Tuesday and Thursday night races, as it is December we may take a break and come back in the new year with some spec or other racing.
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 0:42

I'd like to make a call for some "non-championship" races with these cars, I'm regretting not starting this series from the beginning...
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

TORA Race Number : TBD
Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3833
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Driftollie Fri 9 Dec 2011 - 11:05

Thanks Richy, it's a strangely satisfying feeling achieving a podium finish in a race let alone a championship!

Gotta be said since my first TORA experience midway through the Abarths everyone who I have raced with has been great and and the organisation is fantastic, I'm struggling to see why your not getting full grids! Also big thanks to chucky, he was my first TORA contact and helped me test with his team and was able to help with technical issues, and I feel I've returned the favour by beating him in the Mazdas Wink

I love the stock spec races makes it competitive for those who have limited tuning experience

Be nice to see Elise/exiges, m3s, sciroccos or civics up next!

Keep up the great work!
Driftollie
Driftollie

TORA Race Number : 155
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Fri 9 Dec 2011 - 12:20

Driftollie wrote:Also big thanks to chucky, he was my first TORA contact and helped me test with his team and was able to help with technical issues, and I feel I've returned the favour by beating him in the Mazdas Wink

Not a problem Ollie, some great racing with you in the mazdas and the abarths, heres to TCC next year, now that will be epic, untill then I will see you next time at N24
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by irn bru moo Fri 9 Dec 2011 - 12:42

It was a decent championship, was flying in the last race, finally getting to grips fully with the MX-5.

To be honest, as regards to the numbers, on Tuesday there were eight of us racing, obviously Richy and Ian were missing and from the experience i have had so far in Online races on Forza 4, if you start getting many more people in than twelve, especially if theres racers in another country, lagging becomes an issue and as for getting everyone in a lobby and staying in the lobby is a whole new ball game. I know a championship that i run on Saturday nights have just started splitting the lobbies due to the issues.

Its still early days on Forza 4, and they are certainly still having alot of problems with the game, which no doubt will slowly but surely get resolved. This was my first Championship on TORA, and a very pleasant experience it was too, i will certainly be back in the Spec Series in the future, i like the midweek slot, granted i understand that this makes things difficult for alot of racers, but theres alot of us that cant commit to weekends so enjoy the midweek blasts.

In the big picture of things, i race to have fun, and the past four Tuesday's have certainly been alot of fun. You could pretty much name any car in the game,well from F Class to S Class and i will buy it, tune it, paint it and race it. Thats not to say im good at tuning, painting or some would say racing, but from someone who's main play time on the game is the Cycled Production, its far better knowing that you are in a race instead of someone with zero talent just looking for a wreck. Tuesday nights certainly gave the good racing, a whole new bunch of friends, who im more than willing to race against at any time.

irn bru moo
irn bru moo

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Fri 9 Dec 2011 - 12:55

Thanks for the positive comments on the Mazdas, they were by far one of the best cars I have raced in. Not driven in, but used as a race car. They were great.

We're gonna take a break until after Xmas with the Spec series. Tuesday nights will see a return of our Touring Cars which is heavily based on the BTCC, so expect close racing like this but in various cars from different manufacturers.

Spec series will return in some shape or form in 2012, but depending on whether we can staff these events or not makes it hard to fit everything in, especially if we have to run a possible 4-5 race nights a week. We don't want to over burden oursleves, and I am very thankful for the help we got from the community during the Mazdas when staff members were not around to be able to run the night.

GTR Evo is looking to run his mazzer GT4 series in a four round championship. Whilst I can't say that there will be a staff member around to help with it, the Tuesday night slot for December can be used for this if he wishes. I may make a round or two, but it would be good if the series was community run.

Thanks again Smile
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Fri 9 Dec 2011 - 13:15

I think for the next two tuesdays, we just jump on and do like a cycled production of just all jumping in the same car do a couple of tracks then move onto another car, just have random grids etc, think will be a good time, could just see what cars would work together
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 9 Dec 2011 - 15:14

Jamie sounds like a perfect idea Smile
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Fri 9 Dec 2011 - 17:27

Duncan wrote:Jamie sounds like a perfect idea Smile

I'm full of perfect ideas..... just not all of them get listened to lol
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down