TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course

+45
Av8rTim
Koenigsegg R
JustOZ71
Irrational Dzyn
MOPAR001
R!CARDOUK
spindledk
garyp3398
silentalarm42
narboza22
Stonewall458
PLOW RUN WIDE
F4H Carrera
ART Carrera
GLR Asteroid
jledesma
THEshat3r3dsoul
eurost150
Big Willi
Porksword69
EZT Challenger
XTI Jon Snow
VVV GunDaM
Matt
lfcnicklfc
Driftollie
DeweyTee
Radiation Louis
Ax4x Insanity
RSR Trooper
Ianmr
JeffH16
Spartan LXVIII
x Gashi x
Diablo 29x
F4H mikem
HCR generaltso
Wooflers
ATR DAN
F4H Bullet
Ax4x Chaddy
nickyf1
CQR Rogue
LMR DarthMario
Biggsy tv
49 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 5 Empty Re: TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course

Post by CQR Rogue Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 22:22

wow B lobby race 1 & 2 great racing thanks all Smile Smile Smile

Matt had a blown Vader suit so he had to bail lol
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 5 Empty Re: TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course

Post by MOPAR001 Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 22:24

lfcnicklfc wrote:Just seen the qualifying results, performance balancing anyone?? Razz

Would you like to have an Audi tune and see what you can do with it? Neutral

MOPAR001

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2011-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiled666 Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 22:24

Well the racing was great. Rogue and I for about 10 laps where door to door. The vette just seemed to fall of near the end of the race. Race 2 was good I led after magic hit the wall and got damage but me and him crashed in turn one. I think it was both our falts I ran a defensive line and he hit the back of my car. So I finished 4th in both races.

If I could make an observation, it was ridiculous to have a guy who was 2 seconds faster in our lobby. He clearly qualified in the middle of lobby a. I believe it took away from the fun and what would have been a very competitive race between 4 people. Instead he runs away with it. He should have won the second race too but I know he slowed down not from damage but because he choose to for some reason maybe he was bored. It's a shame because it took me out of a potential win.
Exiled666
Exiled666

TORA Race Number : 414
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 22:25

Lobby B was sure exciting.

Race one I lost two places off the start to Aero and silentalarm, then got one back in the end to finish 5th.

Race Two was a foregone conclusion as Magic went off in the distance, but then incurred damage then fell back behind. I ended up in the lead somehow, four laps to the end and I outbroke myself on the first corner. Shooter overtook me and it was from then on I had to resist Aero.

Bloody fantastic. Can't wait for TORA TV!

EDIT: And I've just noticed I've come out on top overall on Lobby B Smile
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 22:29

first race was tight between myself, Simon, Cody, and Gashi. great racing guys. Race two started off great getting two spots cleanly going into turn1 @ the start, but an error on my part ruined that race for me and possibly Bullet. got my 458 to handle that Oval corner perfectly, but i guess it was a bit too perfect. i caught the grass, and Bullet had no time to react, getting into the back of my ferrari and for the spot of the contact, it pointed me into the pits. appologize Bullet.

Saved both replays, but my 1st race replay is corrupt somehow so i cannot send it to you Simon. i sent you the 2nd race replay though
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 22:35

MOPAR001 wrote:
lfcnicklfc wrote:Just seen the qualifying results, performance balancing anyone?? Razz

I would but i can't at the moment, to be fair i've just had a look at the quali results and it's not as bad as i first thought
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Willi Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 22:39

Thanks for tonight chaps. First tora event and I loved it.

Big Willi

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by eurost150 Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 22:46

Thanks everyone for a great race first time racing with TORA really enjoyed it

Irrational Dzyn wrote:

eurost150: not sure of your forum nick, but great battle. After I cracked under your pressure, I cracked a few more times just for good measure. Really enjoyed the race, largely in part to our little scrap!

It was a good battle really enjoyed it didn't think I was gonna catch you at one point and kept getting close but couldn't past you till you make that mistake

eurost150

TORA Race Number : 63
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Bullet Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 22:52

@ Rollin, it was no problem man, I missed you I think and just lost a bit of momentum. No harm no foul. Very Happy
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 22:53

Ermm.....

That was certainly the most interesting race meeting that I've ever participated in with TORA. It had all kinds of things including connection issues and lag once the racing got underway.
First race, I got boxed in by the Audi's infront and had to lift off the throttle. Which co-incidently meant that I lost all sorts of places.
@Carrera: It was very, very close but you didn't jump the start. I was a tiny fraction ahead according to the replays so you're safe there mate.
Two corners later, I was squeezed by Ian and GLR Diablo which caused myself and Ian to tap slightly. On the second lap, I accidently tapped the side of F4H Bullet at the first corner so I apologise once again for that little incident mate. Dropped down to 10th place and suffered damage to the front bumper and gearbox. It was basically a recovery drive from there. The last few laps was epic with Ian acting as a mobile shopping trolley through the infield section which resulted in four cars battling for third place. Sixth place was the best I could do with a damaged vehicle.

Thankfully, race 2 went more smoothly except I had to take drastic avoiding action trying to avoid PLOW RUN WIDE who spun on the straight in the infield section. Also, I think it was GLR Diablo who somehow rolled his Lotus at the last corner which I had to avoid and was praying that it wouldn't roll into mine and Carrera's path.
A few laps later, Ian's car decided that it doesn't want to corner through the last corner anymore which opened the opportunity for myself and Carrera to pounce. It was a great tustle between us and I apologise once again Ian for the tap at turn 1. I'm not sure if it's to do with engine braking, but I can brake quite late for the first corner, but another factor is the Aston isn't that fast in a straight line.
Really gutted to have lost 2nd place on the final corner of the final lap to Carrera. I know we were both side by side, but my car was ahead and felt I had the line. Instead, we tapped slightly which caused my car to drift a bit further away from the racing line. As a result, I had to lift off otherwise I would have collided with the barrier. I know it's sounds like I'm moaning, but I'm just gutted to lose a position like that on the last lap.

It's official. I hate Audi's! lol Razz Razz

Many congrats to Mopar for the dominant display at Indy. I would like to thank Ian and Carrera for the epic dice we had in the second race. Was a lot of fun and more than made up for the disappointing first race.

Because myself and Matt were running with our Dan Wheldon tribute liveries, I was hoping to have a dream race meeting and produce a result worthy of his memory. But as everyone knows, the driving talent we have amongst the grid is very strong and fierce so it would have been very difficult. But hey, I tried my hardest and thats all anyone could ask for.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 22:53

Thanks everyone for your patience. Xbox LIVE didn't help things, and also late changes and unannounced attendances made things slightly slower, but all in all things worked, and the racing was awesome!

Shame Lobby A's paints didnt load, which means there won't be full coverage on TORA TV for this meeting, but next time at Road Atlanta, hopefully peoples connections and Xbox LIVE will have sorted itself by then.

Thanks again all, and see you in a fortnight for more GTs!
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 22:56

Looking forward to seeing some coverage on TORATV, the racing in the upper echelons sounds really good.
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyTee Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 23:05

Talk about gettin' your butt handed to you...... I expected to remain in the back of the field but damn I'm impressed. Some of the racers have a real knack for tuning a car. with a 5-7 second disparity, I wished I could've been closer to the front to see the action. Had a great time racing and hopefully will do better next race. Enjoyed it!
DeweyTee
DeweyTee

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2011-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Bullet Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 23:09

No problem Dan, it was just hard racing. Sometimes contact happens, but it was nothing major.
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 23:16

Don't worry Dewey, it just takes time to get a bit faster. Ask around for some help and join in with any testing sessions and you shoudl start improving soon Smile

Sounds like it was a great night, well done to everybody for taking part and well doen to MOPAR for picking up where he left off!
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyTee Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 23:19

MOPAR001 wrote:

If you could send the Audi tune my way I'll certainly give it a try. The one I used at Indy wasn't to my driving style.
DeweyTee
DeweyTee
DeweyTee

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2011-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 23:48

Think if Travis & I had got out timed runs in we would of been in lobby B on Pace. Two great races tho, loved driving to the front in race 1. Race 2 was a good battle with that GT which has rather good brakes!
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MOPAR001 Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 0:13

DeweyTee wrote:
MOPAR001 wrote:

If you could send the Audi tune my way I'll certainly give it a try. The one I used at Indy wasn't to my driving style.
DeweyTee

OK I'll send one over to ya.

Just something to think about, but maybe having a full lobby isn't the best way to go about things. Even though FM4 allows it, it's pretty obvious it can't handle it well. Other series I have run in have had good luck with about 10-12 people per lobby. Just makes things run smoother and has a better chance of having all the paints load. Then again some people think it's just a matter of how long you have had your car selected in the lobby that determines if your paint loads along with the amount of people. Don't really know for sure, but not having all the great liveries loaded along with a ruined TORATV recap is a real let down. Sad

MOPAR001

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 0:29

that's a good point.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 0:44

We had 14 in lobby C and all my paints loaded, and one person (chaddy) had a single lag issue putting him a bit back so 14 may be your upper limit depending on the host. I was hosting C and am running a fiber optic connection with really good consistent speeds.
XTI Jon Snow
XTI Jon Snow

TORA Race Number : 199
Number of posts : 2680
Registration date : 2009-03-22

http://xtiforums.myfreeforum.org

Back to top Go down

Post by MOPAR001 Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 0:53

If all of lobby C loaded and from the pictures posted from lobby B all have liveries then maybe it isn't a lobby size issue.

Now that I think about it lobby A crashed the first time and after we got in the new lobby we started pretty quickly once everyone got in. So maybe we should have waited a little longer to have all the paints load? Then again for race 2 none of the liveries loaded again.... Oh well I guess, just would have liked to see all the paints on the TORATV.

MOPAR001

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan LXVIII Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 0:56

Really enjoyed tonight.
I wasn't sure where i was going to qualify after seeing some of the times being put up but found myself mid lobbyB. Which was nice.

Took it easy the first few corners which led to me running a little wide and letting god knows how many passed. Tried to get a few places back and sure i would have, but lagged out on lap 11 so who knows.

So started last in the 2nd race and it was brilliant.
Fought my way up to 8th at the end and had some great battles with SelectiveRougue and Big Willi to get there. Awesome!
Spartan LXVIII
Spartan LXVIII

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by x Gashi x Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 1:23

I fought my arse off for both of my 9th place finishes. I wasn't happy with all of the traffic at the begginning of the race, so intentionally dropped back to 15th in the first race. Took my time, and ended up in 9th. Second race, I planned on doing a similar thing. I didn't drop all the way back, and I definately didn't take my time, resulting in my trying too much too soon and I smashed into Simon. Good job everyone, great close racing, lots of fun, boo to Forza servers for not allowing us to see our beautiful paint jobs in lobby one.

x Gashi x

TORA Race Number : 100
Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 1:40

we had a nice battle Gashi into the schicane area. Wink cannot remember if that was race 1 or 2 now though. Razz

last time i managed to go into that corner 2-wide was when i passed Chaddy into that section on the outside in the 458 Challenge series
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by x Gashi x Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 2:29

I think it was race one, but I am not sure. I really had a great time tonight.

x Gashi x

TORA Race Number : 100
Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next