TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 6 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 6 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 6 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 6 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course

+45
Av8rTim
Koenigsegg R
JustOZ71
Irrational Dzyn
MOPAR001
R!CARDOUK
spindledk
garyp3398
silentalarm42
narboza22
Stonewall458
PLOW RUN WIDE
F4H Carrera
ART Carrera
GLR Asteroid
jledesma
THEshat3r3dsoul
eurost150
Big Willi
Porksword69
EZT Challenger
XTI Jon Snow
VVV GunDaM
Matt
lfcnicklfc
Driftollie
DeweyTee
Radiation Louis
Ax4x Insanity
RSR Trooper
Ianmr
JeffH16
Spartan LXVIII
x Gashi x
Diablo 29x
F4H mikem
HCR generaltso
Wooflers
ATR DAN
F4H Bullet
Ax4x Chaddy
nickyf1
CQR Rogue
LMR DarthMario
Biggsy tv
49 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 6 Empty Re: TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course

Post by Ax4x Insanity Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 2:33

Great racing overall. Too bad a lag glitch from behind ruined my first race while battling for third and then fighting back to 6th from starting 13th or so in the second race. See ya next round.

Ax4x Insanity

TORA Race Number : 540
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course - Page 6 Empty Re: TORA GT Meeting 1 powered by GT Omega - Indianapolis Road Course

Post by Diablo 29x Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 3:02

I was certainly bummed on how I drove today. Race one was alright until I tried avoiding a crash in turn 1 and ended up hitting someone, had 40% front aero damage, was a second off my best. 2nd race, sim steering killed me. I was steering into the grass in the last turn and I tried to correct it and the car beelined into the wall. Hopefully at Road Atlanta I can drive to my abilities and the dang paints will load!

Kudos to Simon and the TORA crew for putting on a great race, even with T10 servers being a pain.

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 8:34

Firstly, congrats to the organisers for all their hard work. Great design, build up and execution considering all the issues. Especially impressed with the turnaround time for live timing after qualifying. Results up fast.

Secondly. I'm beginning to get really miffed with xbox live and FM4 and how together they do not do what they advertised well very often. Online needs more attention please Turn10 and Microsoft. I feel for the staff that have put so much into organising and creating these series for issues beyond their control to have such a negative impact. Thanks for staying calm and pushing on chaps.

Xiled wrote:Race 2 was good I led after magic hit the wall and got damage but me and him crashed in turn one. I think it was both our falts I ran a defensive line and he hit the back of my car.

Sorry, I take responsibility. I should have backed out earlier. Bad skills.

Xiled wrote:If I could make an observation, it was ridiculous to have a guy who was 2 seconds faster in our lobby. He clearly qualified in the middle of lobby a. I believe it took away from the fun and what would have been a very competitive race between 4 people. Instead he runs away with it.

I agree with your point of view, alas, when connection issues occur with the lobby a racer has qualified for it is only fair to offer the next best available slot to at least give them the opportunity to run and gain points after the work most people have put in. It's not ideal but I believe its better than saying, tough luck buddy.

Xiled wrote:He should have won the second race too but I know he slowed down not from damage but because he choose to for some reason maybe he was bored. It's a shame because it took me out of a potential win.

Following on from the point above, yes, I did slow on purpose, I loaded a slower tune for that race but was still quicker than I expected, after tapping the wall from not paying attention (that bloody wine!!) I made the decision to make the replay more interesting as my car was about on pace then. Unfortunately this ended badly and Im sorry for ruining your race Exiled. the damage to my car coupled together with my enthusiasm for some close racing effected my judgement.

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 8:43

Thanks Matt, I must say thank you to all those who took part last night, xbox live on a Sunday seems to go into a slow meltdown, so thanks for waiting while we delt with connection issues.

Very Happy
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 8:55

Xbox live had issues last night. You know because you have the situation where in the "lobby sorting" party, it would say everyone has left, and then rejoin right afterwards. I knew instantly there would issues of some sort. I think we managed to get round them quite swiftly though.

I did query with lobby A when race one loaded, if we should drop back and try again to fetch our paints, but majority just wanted to get the race underway. It's a shame now I see the other lobbies had no problems.
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 9:57

and that I wasn't able to join lobby A after dropping out for another ;O( Nearly got sacked for dropping out voluntarily!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Driftollie Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 10:37

It's apparent there were a few issues last night....but we had 45+ drivers from all over the world with 45+ different connection speed, routers and isp's I think considering that we did well! Massive thanks to all those who have put so much hard work to make it work well and be so enjoyable!

I qualified better than expected which put me in lobby B, tbh I struggled with the pace of the front runners, in the bends I was good but on the straights I lose so much time it's unreal, the Vitafone Aston drive past me like I was stood so I think my car/aero needs some tweaks!

Had 2 great battles despite being near the back race 1 with pork sword who I put 3 laps in where I drive the wheels off the Lamborghini to get to him but he was a worthy racer and getting past proved to be way to difficult coupled with some mistakes I made.

Race 2 saw me battling with the smart Maserati of Ozz who again I caught but an ambitious lunge down the inside saw me hit him and loose time allowing buckeye in the mclaren to get past too. The three of us had a great last few laps with Ozz and buckeye coming together on the final lap to allow me to pressure Ozz and gain a place over the mclaren to finish.

Only think apart from my lack of top end speed is that I'm so cautious of colliding with anyone my first 3 laps are dreadful and loose me so much time I can never get back on terms, maybe I should be a tad more aggressive defending my line?

Anyway, top work in lobby B, loved it and congrats to the winners!

(TORA TV.....don't forget us guys at the back fighting it out for the trivial positions Wink)

Set up needed for the Air Asia Lamborghini ready for atlanta I feel......
Driftollie
Driftollie

TORA Race Number : 155
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by GLR Asteroid Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 15:11

Really enjoyed the racing and banter yesterday fellas. The TORA chaps did an excellent job in getting this off the ground with so many racers eagerly chomping at the bit to get in a lobby !!.

Not being a "boy racer" like so many of you, I was in lobby C and had a great time. Thanks to nightrider for hosting under some extreme conditions and to the Military Spec guys, Ricardo and Junkyard who I was battling with in both race 1 & race 2.

Awesome fellas and can't wait for Road Atlanta.
GLR Asteroid
GLR Asteroid

TORA Race Number : 358
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2011-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by danofsteele Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 15:23

Still gutted to have missed both races, maybe next round!?

danofsteele

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-05-26

http://www.dansteele.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 15:32

Hi Dan of course, you can enter next round, Did you check your NAT settings to make sure you have a open NAT on your xbox?
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by danofsteele Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 15:35

Duncan wrote:Hi Dan of course, you can enter next round, Did you check your NAT settings to make sure you have a open NAT on your xbox?

My Xbox wasn't assigned to UPnP on router for Race 1 (although didn't effect qualifications). Race 2, my wheel had managed to assign itself to player two so I had to quickly restart my xbox, but by the time I returned the race was under way.

danofsteele

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 15:44

Apologise Dan next time we will get you in Smile don't forget ISCC this weekend fantastic sports car endurance racing.
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 17:21

Im surprised we had all these lobby issues. Maybe its a UK thing? I had absolutely zero lag from anyone and aside from Danofsteele we got everyone in. I have also been racing with XTI Apache (who when he gets some things sorted may be back) and some other friends and none of us have issues
XTI Jon Snow
XTI Jon Snow

TORA Race Number : 199
Number of posts : 2680
Registration date : 2009-03-22

http://xtiforums.myfreeforum.org

Back to top Go down

Post by danofsteele Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 17:24

Duncan wrote:Apologise Dan next time we will get you in Smile don't forget ISCC this weekend fantastic sports car endurance racing.

No problem, fault was my end.

danofsteele

Back to top Go down

Post by danofsteele Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 17:25

XTI Nightrider wrote:Im surprised we had all these lobby issues. Maybe its a UK thing? I had absolutely zero lag from anyone and aside from Danofsteele we got everyone in. I have also been racing with XTI Apache (who when he gets some things sorted may be back) and some other friends and none of us have issues

My issue was due to UPnP not being set up correctly on my router.

danofsteele

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 17:26

makes sense. When we got you in race 2, I was actually really relieved and was kinda bummed when I saw you lag out on the grid
XTI Jon Snow
XTI Jon Snow

TORA Race Number : 199
Number of posts : 2680
Registration date : 2009-03-22

http://xtiforums.myfreeforum.org

Back to top Go down

Post by danofsteele Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 17:27

XTI Nightrider wrote:makes sense. When we got you in race 2, I was actually really relieved and was kinda bummed when I saw you lag out on the grid

I never saw the Grid, I had to reboot my Xbox because of my lame ass controller! Will be more prepared next time!!

danofsteele

Back to top Go down

Post by JustOZ71 Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 19:31

well seeing as though i wasnt going to bother racing in this series AND then changing my mind at the last minute AND then deciding on a car a day before the race AND only doing about 2 hours worth of testing i managed to come in 4th in the privateer class.

Thanks for Simon and Aerodynamics for supplying me with a pretty remarkable Maserati Gran Tourismo S, and again thanks to Si for giving it a spiffing paint job.

Bloody enjoyed myself on that race meet at the back 3/4 of lobby B with Big willie, Driftollie, and the rest. hope we make it on TORA TV.
JustOZ71
JustOZ71

TORA Race Number : 100
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Carrera Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 20:59

ATR DAN wrote:
Really gutted to have lost 2nd place on the final corner of the final lap to Carrera. I know we were both side by side, but my car was ahead and felt I had the line. Instead, we tapped slightly which caused my car to drift a bit further away from the racing line. As a result, I had to lift off otherwise I would have collided with the barrier. I know it's sounds like I'm moaning, but I'm just gutted to lose a position like that on the last lap.

I don't think that quite fair to be honest, normally I'd agree on racing lines if it was a usual corner but it's a bit different seeing as it's an oval. I had a run on the inside, I was at full lock to the right and our cars were level just before the contact, i even lifted off completely just before the contact to try and keep to the inside as much as possible. I'm sure you would have done the same if our positions were reversed.

Anyways, as for the racing it was great. First race really didn't go to plan, ended up getting front end damage from braking too late and running into Koenig (sorry!) and then I can't remember what happened but I found myself lower down and had some rear aero damage. But had a good race with Ian and a few others (I know, my memory's awesome! Razz )

Second race was even more of a battle with Dan & Ian and also dodging GLR Diabo (I think!) when he rolled through the last corner.

Looking forward to next week, hopefully It will run a bit smoother!
F4H Carrera
F4H Carrera

TORA Race Number : 60
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 21:25

Ah! I thought I was further ahead into the corner than that. Apologies Ash! Embarassed
You're right. I would have also lifted in able to try and not make contact with each other if the roles were reversed.

But lets not downgrade the fact that it was an awesome battle between me, you and Ian. Very Happy
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 21:31

tbh looks like you had the line and Dan turned in on you ;O(

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 21:33

Not intentionally mate. I knew he was right by me but I didn't know by how much. I thought I had my nose ahead but obviously not. I've said the right thing in the post above yours Magic by apologising. As far as I'm concerned, thats the end of the topic!
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Carrera Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 21:36

It's fine, you had to turn at some point, these cars don't have lmp down force! It was still a great battle Smile
F4H Carrera
F4H Carrera

TORA Race Number : 60
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 23:08

If I hadn't hit the wall I would have been in the battle for 2nd.......if you had even caught me, damn wall lol

Awsum battles Carrera watching the replays back, love my power down the back straight, I could just glide past (or away from) everything.

Need to find some more top end speed though, still can't believe I am battling up the front in the GTs :O
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Tue 10 Jan 2012 - 0:13

wait til we get to a grip oriented track. Wink that SLS will struggle, hopefully. Laughing
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next