TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA GT Meeting 4 Sponsored by GT Omega - Nurburgring GP - Page 6 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA GT Meeting 4 Sponsored by GT Omega - Nurburgring GP - Page 6 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA GT Meeting 4 Sponsored by GT Omega - Nurburgring GP - Page 6 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA GT Meeting 4 Sponsored by GT Omega - Nurburgring GP - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA GT Meeting 4 Sponsored by GT Omega - Nurburgring GP - Page 6 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA GT Meeting 4 Sponsored by GT Omega - Nurburgring GP - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA GT Meeting 4 Sponsored by GT Omega - Nurburgring GP - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA GT Meeting 4 Sponsored by GT Omega - Nurburgring GP - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA GT Meeting 4 Sponsored by GT Omega - Nurburgring GP - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA GT Meeting 4 Sponsored by GT Omega - Nurburgring GP

+34
CandymanCody
CQR Aero
Standaman94
Porksword69
jledesma
CQR Champion
THEshat3r3dsoul
Fleaver
Richy59
garyp3398
Driftollie
HCR generaltso
obi gun
MOPAR001
R!CARDOUK
Spartan LXVIII
violentsatsuma
RSR Trooper
JustOZ71
GTR Evoluzione
CQR HABURi
Matt
DeweyTee
ART Carrera
theboomeranga
JAMIE ANDERS0N
CQR Rogue
ATR DAN
Wooflers
LMR DarthMario
Ianmr
PLOW RUN WIDE
Ax4x Chaddy
Biggsy tv
38 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

TORA GT Meeting 4 Sponsored by GT Omega - Nurburgring GP - Page 6 Empty Re: TORA GT Meeting 4 Sponsored by GT Omega - Nurburgring GP

Post by Biggsy tv Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 8:08

I still need to review lobby B's races, and then send the info to the stewarding team before final decisions are made.
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

TORA GT Meeting 4 Sponsored by GT Omega - Nurburgring GP - Page 6 Empty Re: TORA GT Meeting 4 Sponsored by GT Omega - Nurburgring GP

Post by Standaman94 Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 9:50

Yep, Magictap has the line on that corner; going to the outside of the track is actually the racing line, and he wasn't blocking. Unless Mopar was right beside him, he should have braked and given Magictap the corner; simple racing etiquette. The fact that Magictap was sliding a little after riding the curb only means that he couldn't react well enough to Mopar's advance.

The same thing happened to me on that corner in the race. I was fooled thinking I had the ability to get right past someone on that corner, but I couldn't and had to run wide.

Moral of the story: Don't overtake there Razz
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 10:45

I believe lag must have played some part in this as I know Mopar001 to be a good clean driver, I hold no blame for this incident. To boot, it most likely wouldn't have happened should I not have been damaged at turn 3 either.

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 16:23

TORA GT Meeting 4 Sponsored by GT Omega - Nurburgring GP - Page 6 6920220237_3e5b78032a_z

richy and i are pretty close.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR HABURi Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 16:36

gen3ral ts0 wrote:TORA GT Meeting 4 Sponsored by GT Omega - Nurburgring GP - Page 6 6920220237_3e5b78032a_z

richy and i are pretty close.

You had one wide Nissan in the first race. Wink
CQR HABURi
CQR HABURi

TORA Race Number : 618
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 19:52

why thank you, i work hard on my rear end
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Bruno Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 20:13

gen3ral ts0 wrote:why thank you, i work hard on my rear end
He had quite a bit of practice the day before in the Classic GT's.
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MOPAR001 Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 0:02

Sorry Magictap, but that doesn't prove anything to me. You made it sound like you were IN the process of sliding and/or recovering when I tapped you and in that video you had already slid and recovered. Your car is not sliding at all or wobbling around, just slightly moving to your left as I happen to appear in the clip. The racing line is to hit that apex of that slight kink, go wide and then go back right to set up the entry of the chicane.

The proper racing etiquette would have to been move over to the right "earlier" since you knew you had lost speed coming out of the kink. Instead you choose to hold the outside line at that point and block my, which would have been, clean attempt to pass. We would have then preceded to fight it out through the chicane and final turn.

CQR Magictap wrote:
As for moving over. Had I not been recovering from a slide, you will see from the replay that going from the corner apex to the outside is my normal line, and a racing line, even if you had the speed, you were not along side and there is no reason why I would just move over to let you past!

So you are admitting you blocked me? You had lost momentum and therefor speed, knowing that I and others were right behind you and just because I literally wasn't on your door you thought it was OK not to move. I have no problem with defensive driving through a corner, but that was a block on a straightaway.

Standaman94 wrote:

Moral of the story: Don't overtake there Razz

Why? I have made tons of passes and been passed plenty of times on that straight and kink. Seems like a perfect place to me.

MOPAR001

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2011-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleaver Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 2:51

From the GT MSA Rules & Regulations:

"Competitors who are being followed on a straight part of a track by another car may move their position on the track ONCE to defend, any further sufficient movement outside of cornering will be deemed as weaving and you may be reported to the race director or head steward after the race."

Even if Magictap did block, it is fully allowable per TORA Rules & Regulations. Also, I was taught by the TORA staff and veteran racers in December's Nur 2.4 event that the slower drivers are not to attempt to move out of the way of faster drivers. It is, instead, the faster driver's responsibility to overtake cleanly and without incident.

Mopar, I understand your frustration, but I believe your complaint has no grounding.

Fleaver

TORA Race Number : 123
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2011-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleaver Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 3:01

I'm also not blaming you for the incident. Looks like normal contact caused by two close drivers not knowing exactly what the other driver is doing.

Fleaver

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by MOPAR001 Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 3:18

Thanks for pointing that out Fleaver, but I'm not "reporting" anything so I'm not trying to get him any kind of penalty. He said that he was not blocking when I believe that the replay shows he did, simple as that. Just was voicing my opinion and disappointment in the racing that happened. Nothing more and nothing less.

Besides, I think there are other people who deserve a penalty far more than Magictap.

MOPAR001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleaver Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 3:38

I agree, and perhaps my choice of the word complaint was too strong. Sometimes giving the benefit of the doubt is the best course of action.

Here's to the next race! Very Happy

Fleaver

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 7:38

MOPAR001 wrote:So you are admitting you blocked me?

CQR Magictap wrote:Had I not been recovering from a slide

Nope.

My point was that had I not been in a slide, you wouldn't have been able to overtake me there as that's my line, tough if its not yours. It's a racing line also. My car goes quicker the more I flatten corners. It's quite simple.

MOPAR001 wrote:The racing line is to hit that apex of that slight kink, go wide and then go back right to set up the entry of the chicane.

Yup, and that's exactly what I was doing. Apart from the fact that in racing our aim is also to keep drivers behind you within the regs. So I don't understand this comment:

MOPAR001 wrote:The proper racing etiquette would have to been move over to the right "earlier" since you knew you had lost speed coming out of the kink.

That really is a contradiction on it's own. Racing and move over!!! It's my line through that corner and down to the chicane as I am in front, even if I had chosen to stay left or come back right down to the chicane, it's all within my right and within the racing rules to do so. Your job is to find a clean way to overtake and attempt not to hit the car in front.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 7:58

Damn I am just gutted I missed this race now!!! My SLS was running sweet and I like some door to door racing.....and I will happily block Wink

Magic in sure will agree to that...haha

I don't know what happened between you guys but i don't think picking at each other is good? Don't want racers falling out Smile

Agree to disagree as I'm sure you both has different views Smile
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW RUN WIDE Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 8:34

to me that looks like a common mistake magictap hit the rumble strip got the slide saved it and ended up infront front of mopar nothing can be helped with that
PLOW RUN WIDE
PLOW RUN WIDE

TORA Race Number : 90
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2011-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 8:50

I think this has gone a little far. It's in the past now, and there's nothing that can be done about it. You've both spotted the problems from your sides and that's what counts, so it shouldn't happen again.

In my opinion, it is a bad corner for overtaking. If you're not going faster than the opponent enough or you're not fast enough through the corner, by the time you do get almost beside him, he's coming to the track-out anyway, so you have to give him his line. But that's personal experience.

Let's be sensible and just say it won't happen again, whatever it is, instead of bickering about it.
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 8:52

peace. For what its worth, I respect you Mopar and thing your'e and really fast clean good racer, I'm sorry you feel I blocked.

Back to top Go down

Post by MOPAR001 Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 16:41

Fine, we will agree to disagree and leave it at that.

MOPAR001

Back to top Go down

Post by TLM superstar Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 22:46

in

TLM superstar

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 23:17

TLM superstar wrote:in

Next race is April 1st @ Hockenheimring. The thread has not been set up yet.
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TLM superstar Thu 22 Mar 2012 - 14:43

well lest im not an april fool

TLM superstar

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6