TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA GT Meeting 5 powered by GT Omega - Historic Silverstone - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA GT Meeting 5 powered by GT Omega - Historic Silverstone - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA GT Meeting 5 powered by GT Omega - Historic Silverstone - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA GT Meeting 5 powered by GT Omega - Historic Silverstone - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA GT Meeting 5 powered by GT Omega - Historic Silverstone - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA GT Meeting 5 powered by GT Omega - Historic Silverstone - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA GT Meeting 5 powered by GT Omega - Historic Silverstone - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA GT Meeting 5 powered by GT Omega - Historic Silverstone - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA GT Meeting 5 powered by GT Omega - Historic Silverstone - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA GT Meeting 5 powered by GT Omega - Historic Silverstone

+30
ART Carrera
Radiation Louis
JAMIE ANDERS0N
violentsatsuma
obi gun
EZT Challenger
Duke of Bruno
CallMehDarkside
MOPAR001
DeweyTee
CQR HABURi
CQR Aero
Fleaver
Irrational Dzyn
HCR generaltso
Wooflers
ATR DAN
PLOW RUN WIDE
GTR Evoluzione
R!CARDOUK
Matt
TLM superstar
Ax4x Chaddy
VVV GunDaM
Ianmr
AngelKristensen
LMR DarthMario
CQR Rogue
lfcnicklfc
Biggsy tv
34 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TORA GT Meeting 5 powered by GT Omega - Historic Silverstone - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA GT Meeting 5 powered by GT Omega - Historic Silverstone

Post by Duke of Bruno Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 22:12

Another grat TORA race. It seemed to be a smaller field than usual but still surprised that I made the cut for lobby A in my first TORA GT race.

I managed to capitalize on a few misfortunes and even leapfrogged Simon through the pit sequence to pull off a 9th place finish in the lobby!

I had a bit of a sloppy start in the second race while eveyone else had brought their A games. I was at least able to watch what looked like a terrific battle between Simon and Louis.

All in all, I managed to achieve both of my goals; I made it through both races without a scratch on the car and I did not get lapped by PLOW RUN WIDE!
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

TORA GT Meeting 5 powered by GT Omega - Historic Silverstone - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA GT Meeting 5 powered by GT Omega - Historic Silverstone

Post by Biggsy tv Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 22:22

Ok, so summary...

Firstly the rules on pit-stops...
"There will be 1 mandatory pit-stop during each race. This pitstop must be taken no earlier than 8 minutes into the race, and no later than 18 minutes into the race. If a driver makes an calculation error and has not pitted by the time the 18 minutes has elapsed, they MUST pit next time they get to pit entry."
- So I believe no penalties there.

Secondly, racecraft...
- My independant view (I am not a steward to make any penalties) is that Obi Gun is rather aggressive. There have been 3 times in 2 meetings now, where I have seen him tap someone on the rear bumper causing them to run wide or spin, only for him to take the position. If this were purely accidental, then its courtesy to let the guy back through which is what most people do.
- The incident in race 1 between Obi Gun and Ianmr is a racing incident. Obi Gun was further ahead, and Ian was enough alongside to be there too. It would've been impossible to predict that a slight tap of the doors would've caused Ian to fly so far off track to then cause a pileup.
- I haven't had chance to check corner cutting as of yet.

Lastly, PI changes for mid season.
Alfa Romeo 8C - 690
Aston Martin V12 Vantage - 690

Anyone driving the Alfa Romeo 8C that wishes to switch due to the PI change will get 1 free changeover.

The End.
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 22:28

My first lobby victory tonight in front of a home crowd... good stuff. My start from 4th on the grid won me the race as well as Chad running me close towards the end...

Second race I got beaten by Chad in the first corner and ran wide at Maggotts.. fell down to 4th then overtook GTR Evo in the pits to be third... then finished there while under pressure again.

1st and 3rd in Lobby B, I'll take that Smile
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 22:33

Simon wrote:Lastly, PI changes for mid season.
Alfa Romeo 8C - 690

Anyone driving the Alfa Romeo 8C that wishes to switch due to the PI change will get 1 free changeover.

The End.

Unfair to the guys that are running that car in slow times
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelKristensen Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 22:35

Really enjoyed myself in my first race. You guys at TORA know how to put on a good race. Aside from a few lobby crashes, things went pretty smooth. Definetly need to work on my starting skills as both times I lost 3-5 positions before the exit of turn 1. Smile

Id like to apologize to Standaman, whom I ran into coming through Abbey, I wasn't entirely sure I was along side you and you clipped my front wing coming to the apex.
AngelKristensen
AngelKristensen

TORA Race Number : 24
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 22:37

On another thought, with these's lobby crashes. It never happens for quily. So why dont we have it like another site, send in your times between x dates and start the first race at 8 then we have about an hour and a half trying to get the 2nd race started. Just my thoughts that I know wont happen
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 22:40

Chucky 1982 wrote:
Simon wrote:Lastly, PI changes for mid season.
Alfa Romeo 8C - 690

The End.

Unfair to the guys that are running that car in slow times

I do understand Chucky, which is why I'm offering a free swap for all affected. Just some people have really found something special with that Alfa. If they haven't and its purely just talent, then they'll be able to do the same in any car and I'll look like a douche. Wink
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Evoluzione Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 22:46

Excellent first race against grizz. Very close and then race 2 got the jump Bli33ard when he ran wide. But he must have put some great laps in to come out in front of me. Pressured him but I was stuck with 4th. Lobby b - 3rd and 4th - not bad - rewarded with a 10pi drop...

I Will be in consultation with NFR team principle about a Car switch.
GTR Evoluzione
GTR Evoluzione

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-06-09

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8433988@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post by R!CARDOUK Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 22:50

Kind of glad that one is out the way..silverstone did not like my car nor my car it. been strugeling to find a tune for it but it was either fast but no grip or grip and no speed. anyway not a good day for team "Mspec"but hope to have a better run on the HOK. just want to say thanks to chucky1982 for hosting the lobby(hard work tonight),and hope that turn 10 can get new servers soon and unplug the ZX81's they are useing at the moment. congrat's to both lobby and race winners. thanks to Jenson09 for showing me how to undertake ( nice move) and well recovered on last lap to hold position. Right! im off back to the drawing board and see ya all at hokenheim.
R!CARDOUK
R!CARDOUK

TORA Race Number : 54
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR HABURi Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 22:54

I think a better idea would be to ban Centrafugal Superchargers. That could make the cars more even.
CQR HABURi
CQR HABURi

TORA Race Number : 618
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ART Carrera Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 23:02

Great racing tonight gents! First race had a close battle with GTR, with a slight mistake of mine costing me the position! Good pressure mate! Then in race 2 had a great battle with chaddy, the finish was just a few yards of seperation! Ferrari got the 1-2 in the second race Very Happy great night ! Race 1 - started 3rd ended 4th, race 2 - started 4th ended 2nd
ART Carrera
ART Carrera

TORA Race Number : 175
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW RUN WIDE Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 23:09

am i aloud to change my car?
PLOW RUN WIDE
PLOW RUN WIDE

TORA Race Number : 90
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2011-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MOPAR001 Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 23:12

So what's the point of having a pit window when you don't need to follow it?

MOPAR001

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2011-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ART Carrera Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 23:19

Simon wrote:Ok, so summary...

Firstly the rules on pit-stops...
"There will be 1 mandatory pit-stop during each race. This pitstop must be taken no earlier than 8 minutes into the race, and no later than 18 minutes into the race. If a driver makes an calculation error and has not pitted by the time the 18 minutes has elapsed, they MUST pit next time they get to pit entry."
- So I believe no penalties there.

Secondly, racecraft...
- My independant view (I am not a steward to make any penalties) is that Obi Gun is rather aggressive. There have been 3 times in 2 meetings now, where I have seen him tap someone on the rear bumper causing them to run wide or spin, only for him to take the position. If this were purely accidental, then its courtesy to let the guy back through which is what most people do.
- The incident in race 1 between Obi Gun and Ianmr is a racing incident. Obi Gun was further ahead, and Ian was enough alongside to be there too. It would've been impossible to predict that a slight tap of the doors would've caused Ian to fly so far off track to then cause a pileup.
- I haven't had chance to check corner cutting as of yet.

Lastly, PI changes for mid season.
Alfa Romeo 8C - 690

The End.
Simon, even though its good you're giving people in the alfa a free car change, I say that the pi should be kept the same.. Just because RUN WIDE is blazing quick with it doesnt make it unfair.. He's just too nasty of a driver, I mean we could give him a golf cart and he'll still probably beat us Razz haha
ART Carrera
ART Carrera

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR HABURi Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 23:36

I think no more changes should be made for this season, and when it's over, have any changes discussed and possibly implemented for the next season.
CQR HABURi
CQR HABURi

TORA Race Number : 618
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 0:01

i think NFR should change car or keep thier Alfa at 700pi.

Great racing tonight! Well Done to Chucky for hosting. 2nd & 1st will do me fine! lapped in the very low 56s too Very Happy
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ART Carrera Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 0:18

FranchittiFan wrote:i think NFR should change car or keep thier Alfa at 700pi.

Great racing tonight! Well Done to Chucky for hosting. 2nd & 1st will do me fine! lapped in the very low 56s too Very Happy
great race buddy! we finished meters apart! Very Happy
ART Carrera
ART Carrera

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Evoluzione Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 0:30

thanks for the support for No fear racing guys.. but we can't start having different folks in the same car with different PIs..

Chucky and I had put some testing in on the old build, but we'll just have to re-do the work done so far if we stick with the new PI or if we go to a new car.. thems the breaks.
GTR Evoluzione
GTR Evoluzione

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-06-09

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8433988@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 1:54

I got very sick this morning so missed the race.

HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 2:35

hope you feel well soon travis
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 7:01

get well soon trav.

I have almost had it with xbox live and FM4! I really hope these issues are sorted out.

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 7:52

I hope you get well soon Travis.

It wasn't too bad for me last night in our last race with the Aston Martin Virage.
I dropped to the rear of the field in race 1 due to an incident on lap 1 between Obi Gun and Ianmr. So I was quite pleased that I was able to recover to 7th in the first race.
I was crowded at the start of race 2 and dropped to about 10th or 11th place by the time we reached Copse corner. So I was thrilled that I was able to finish in 6th place. I'm really pleased with my performance last night considering the machinery I had.
I will say though that Obi Gun was a bit aggressive in last nights meeting. I was fortunate in the first race that I was able to hold him off without any contact.

Roll on to the next round of the GT's. Goodbye Virage & Hello V12 Zagato! Very Happy

Well done to Chris (Bli33ard) for his first lobby victory & also to Matt for his performance last night. Really pleased to end the Virage on a high.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 7:59

R!CARDOUK wrote: thanks to Jenson09 for showing me how to undertake ( nice move) and well recovered on last lap to hold position.

Was a tad late into Brooklands but had to make the move as the four of us were so close in those closing stages. Rally enjoyed the tussle with stan, R!CARDO and others. All clean and fun.

Car was ok through the weekend considering I was very late to get into the race. I reckon I could have had a better race 1 if I'd been able to Qualify but no probs with the results.
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 8:12

Had fun in the first race Smile

2nd race a racing incident between Louis, Dan and me caused me to take a bit more damage then I would of liked, decided to retire, not to bad mass effect 3 was there lol.

Great racing though in race 2 Smile at the start cheers all.

Matt the GTR is fantastic now cheers.
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by R!CARDOUK Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 10:06

With regards to the issue on the alfa. I don't think anything should be changed with it.i mean Vettel in F1 romped away with the title. Did they tell him to use a Prius this year? . Plow is a great driver and gets the most out of what he has,and it would be unfair to slap restrictions on the car just because he's good. and NFR have the same car. Maybe it's just me,but i would much rather have to improve MY skills to catch up,then have it made easier for me without having to do anything. ALFA 1 - 0 THE I CANT WINS
R!CARDOUK
R!CARDOUK

TORA Race Number : 54
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next