TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Community vote - Race 2 starting positions EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Community vote - Race 2 starting positions EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Community vote - Race 2 starting positions EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Community vote - Race 2 starting positions EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Community vote - Race 2 starting positions EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Community vote - Race 2 starting positions EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Community vote - Race 2 starting positions EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Community vote - Race 2 starting positions EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Community vote - Race 2 starting positions EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Community vote - Race 2 starting positions

+21
ATR DAN
DeweyTee
HCR generaltso
Mandown46
Ax4x Chaddy
Wooflers
CQR SPiDeRzZ
F4H Bullet
MOPAR001
theboomeranga
Hailfire97x
Ianmr
CQR Aero
Duke of Bruno
CQR Rogue
AMR of the Apex
CQR Jono
Standaman94
Richy59
Beanz
Biggsy tv
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Starting Grid for Race 2

Community vote - Race 2 starting positions Vote_lcap33%Community vote - Race 2 starting positions Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 20 ]
Community vote - Race 2 starting positions Vote_lcap67%Community vote - Race 2 starting positions Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 40 ]

Total Votes : 60

Poll closed

Community vote - Race 2 starting positions Empty Community vote - Race 2 starting positions

Post by Biggsy tv Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 11:33

This just kind of followed on from the previous couple of seasons, but after requests for a race 2 reversed grid, I thought I would leave that decision to the community as I don't mind either way to be honest! Did you want race 2 to start in order of how race 1 finished, or shall we reverse the grid, leaving the race 1 winner at the back?

So what would you prefer? Leave your vote and get your opinion noticed.

This vote will be ran until 1 week before the first race, and the majority wins!

Last edited by CMGraphix on Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 21:17; edited 1 time in total

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Community vote - Race 2 starting positions Empty Re: Community vote - Race 2 starting positions

Post by Beanz Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 12:19

Hmmm, it's a tough one, I would say reverse grid hands down l.

BUT as I've come to realise through the TCC, is that it then works out better points wise, to purposely finish near the back in the first race, so you can then start at the front for the second and finish near the front.

You would get more points for this than if you finished 4/5th in both the races.

This is the only downside I can see, as the reverse grid does make for closer racing throughout the season though!
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Community vote - Race 2 starting positions Empty Re: Community vote - Race 2 starting positions

Post by Richy59 Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 12:20

Top half of the lobby goes to the bottom instead of just a full reverse?

Community vote - Race 2 starting positions C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 12:33

Richy59 wrote:Top half of the lobby goes to the bottom instead of just a full reverse?

Not sure if that would work, as it would be better to finish 7th rather than 6th in the first race as then you'd start on pole for the second.

Or maybe another idea, like they do in the BTCC, have a random number selected by the winner of race one, and that number would equate to a cell in Excel with an =RAND sum in to give out a random figure say between 4-8, and this number would be the amount of people reversed.

It sounds complicated but it's not really, I'm probably explaining it terribly, but for anyone who has used RAND sums should know what I mean.
Beanz
Beanz

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 12:37

I think the reverse ordering in the TCC goes quite well. It proves more of a challenge and mixes up the field a little, so it's not always the same people in the same positions.

Note: See my sig
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 12:41

Thats something that used to happen, and as staff do random draws people might start thinking the draws are resulted in a way that staff gets advantaged, so a little hesitant in doing it that way

Technically speaking if the whole lobby was reversed, the theory would be each person would be quicker than the person in front of them, although as said people may sandbag to get a better position.

Another way could be reversed qualifying positions from qually 2?

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 13:00

I've voted for the reversed order - first and foremost because it's what I'm used to Laughing

I've always found this makes for a challenging racing environment as well as allowing everyone in the lobby an equal chance to run at the front.
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 13:23

Could you not use the random generator, or an equivelant to what Richy used to decide the Season 8 GT price winner?
Beanz
Beanz

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 14:49

GT Racing - Race 1 Results
Touring Cars - Race 1 Results Reversed

Because GT Racing isnt Touring Car Racing.
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

TORA Race Number : TBD
Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3833
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 14:52

Race 2 Reverse positions of finishing postions from race 1 however lobby only not grid

Community vote - Race 2 starting positions 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Bruno Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 15:11

ADx Garage wrote:GT Racing - Race 1 Results

x2
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 16:54

Tough decision! I agree with Adrian, and yet, having a reversed grid within the lobby I'm sure, would produce some really epic racing.

That being said, from what I've seen so far in practice, the cars themselves are very evenly balanced (when comparing like-for-like against my own times - so any large variance in lap times is down to ability rather than having a superior car), so the racing should be close anyway.

If the difference in lap times between all of the drivers in a lobby is close enough, reversing the grid would essentially become a penalty for placing highly in race 1, because you'd have drivers who are virtually on the same pace as "you" placed ahead on the grid, with no significant advantage that might allow you to fight your way forwards again. I think I'm going to save my vote until after tonight's test session, where perhaps we should try out reversing the grid a few times.

Community vote - Race 2 starting positions W9Zxp6dCommunity vote - Race 2 starting positions AcRCGdgCommunity vote - Race 2 starting positions MNafhU3Community vote - Race 2 starting positions Wz5UuVmCommunity vote - Race 2 starting positions KUxkD1yCommunity vote - Race 2 starting positions W1XKgn0Community vote - Race 2 starting positions VSaZmbSCommunity vote - Race 2 starting positions WgsuLHS

Community vote - Race 2 starting positions Sig10
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 17:26

Duke of Bruno wrote:
ADx Garage wrote:GT Racing - Race 1 Results

x2

x3

Community vote - Race 2 starting positions B4mUCeQ
Community vote - Race 2 starting positions C7LquN0
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 18:05

Community vote - Race 2 starting positions N3lsuu

I did vote for reverse grid, but after pondering on it all afternoon, i think it should stay as it has always been for the GT Series...

So you can essentially -1 from the reverse, and +1 for non-reverse
Beanz
Beanz

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailfire97x Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 19:21

I'd recommend a three-race weekend on top of the qualifying. A 10-minute sprint to determine starting order for race 2, which is a full 25-minute race. After that, race 3's grid is determined heads-up from race 2.

Basically, a TORA version of FIA GT1 World Championship.
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

TORA Race Number : 9
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 22:25

Race 1 qualy
Race 2 race 1 fin pos
Otherwise people might just be driving slower than usual to start at the front for race 2, or even better... Do a random starting grid for race 2, do u dnt know where ur gonna start, so I might finished 8/12 in race one but start 2nd in race 2, and someone might finish first in race 1, and start in 1st in the second, just adds a bit more without knowing
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by MOPAR001 Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 22:32

Hadn't even thought of people sandbagging, but I guess some people would.

I still say reverse is a good idea as having two races when no position changes happen between them is just redundant. Might as well as have 1 longer race at that point.

MOPAR001

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2011-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 22:33

What about random grid, so u could finish anywhere n start somewhere completely different
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Bullet Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 22:47

Voted for Reverse. I think it would make for some interesting racing. Or maybe just reverse the top half of the grid? Ex. 12 people lobby reverse the top 6. I think the Pirelli World Challenge here in the states does it like that.
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR SPiDeRzZ Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 23:10

Reverse grid
CQR SPiDeRzZ
CQR SPiDeRzZ

TORA Race Number : 136
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 1:05

Reverse grid will increase overtaking manoeuvres, but this is GT guys.

GT series shouldn't have reverse grids anyway but THIS season where you've got real prizes on show may not do the job.

I think if anything half the grid should be reversed (top 5/6).
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MOPAR001 Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 1:09

Why does it matter if it's GT or not?

MOPAR001

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2011-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 1:48

Why not try something different for GTs? We re moving to Race Cars so why not just change other rules aswell? It will really improve the show and if anyone is worryed about 'Sandbaggers' I will personally look at all the races and help the stewards as we used to have a driver do this.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandown46 Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 3:52

I voted for reverse grid.
It can lead to some frustration in the TCC, where you win race one, but then run out of laps to get back to the front in race 2, but thats the way it goes sometimes.

The argument of people sandbagging doesnt wash with me. From what I have seen, sacrificing points in race 1, in order to perhaps get a better start in race2, to maybe get those lost points back, just doesnt add up. I havmt seen any sandbagging in the TCC, other than people who have been wrecked in race 1, getting a great place for race 2, but as said, the initial lost points doesnt make up for it.
Mandown46
Mandown46

TORA Race Number : 93
Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 3:54

how long will the poll be up?

some really good points and constructive conversation going back and forth in this thread.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next