TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA MSA ISCC Season 4 - Points and Results - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA MSA ISCC Season 4 - Points and Results - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA MSA ISCC Season 4 - Points and Results - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA MSA ISCC Season 4 - Points and Results - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA MSA ISCC Season 4 - Points and Results - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA MSA ISCC Season 4 - Points and Results - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA MSA ISCC Season 4 - Points and Results - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA MSA ISCC Season 4 - Points and Results - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA MSA ISCC Season 4 - Points and Results - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA MSA ISCC Season 4 - Points and Results

+38
XPR Roadrunner
PROD DTechR
Standaman94
F4H Lotterer
LMR DarthMario
AndyT306
CD 195
IRT YT RICE
CoolG84
BAM Python
Biggsy tv
Ax4x Chaddy
RRC Claim
BG Wumba
RR BodyRollin
garyp3398
CQR Senna
HCR generaltso
F4H Carrera
RW26 BLAZE
Duke of Bruno
HCR Bellmond
TMG Lapierre 7x
CQR Rogue
ShrinkingSteven
Mandown46
LMR Deftone MX
HCR ChicaiN
R!CARDOUK
tekQ IG
Hainesy
CRA Project182R
CQR Aero
FRH Crazyman
Stonewall458
solo flashbang
F4H Music Man
Radiation Louis
42 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TORA MSA ISCC Season 4 - Points and Results - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA MSA ISCC Season 4 - Points and Results

Post by ShrinkingSteven Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 12:59

Question.
In the driver championship how come someone has done 1 race and has more points than me when adding the maths I have more?

Just wondering how the scoring is done.
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

TORA MSA ISCC Season 4 - Points and Results - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA MSA ISCC Season 4 - Points and Results

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 13:49

think p1 points are incorrect
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Lapierre 7x Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 13:53

Might be the drop round? They might have done better than you in the week they raced
TMG Lapierre 7x
TMG Lapierre 7x

TORA Race Number : 212
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 13:56

No I am just ref question asked in Race Thread, I am in P2 any way so was asking about P1 results from last night.
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 14:52

AudiSport Louis wrote:yeah unfortunately we have no control over that otherwise we would have it in there :/

It is strange how Turn10 have done that!! You would think its something they would have changed by now as its been the same on every forza ive played!! The only way around it is trying to gestimate how many laps will be completed in the time allowed and set it as a normal race BUT as far as i know you can only go upto 50 laps so its not a perfect fix either!!!

Would love to know what my fastest lap was from last night !
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2012-08-02

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 15:07

As said on page 1 all points are correct the are invluding the droped round up to date, sould you get a worse finishing eosition that what you have already your droped points will change
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 15:24

AudiSport Louis wrote:As said on page 1 all points are correct the are invluding the droped round up to date, sould you get a worse finishing eosition that what you have already your droped points will change

You do understand where the confusion is right Louis? The Drivers standings show two rounds ran. What I just realized was that this was based on weekly averages. Didn't see that. I understand the dropped round. So...looking at the drivers standings seeing two rounds with some people not having any points for one of the rounds is a bit confusing.

HCR ChicaiN

TORA Race Number : 359
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 15:27

Thats because the worst round has already been dropped! I only raced yesterday and missed the first race. That means so far my worst result is the race i missed!! So if somebody scored more points in this round than you did in your best round of the 2 that have been run the. They will be above you in the standings
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 15:30

BloodYCaiN wrote:
AudiSport Louis wrote:As said on page 1 all points are correct the are invluding the droped round up to date, sould you get a worse finishing eosition that what you have already your droped points will change

You do understand where the confusion is right Louis? The Drivers standings show two rounds ran. What I just realized was that this was based on weekly averages. Didn't see that. I understand the dropped round. So...looking at the drivers standings seeing two rounds with some people not having any points for one of the rounds is a bit confusing.

A bit confusing until you understand the process which I do now. Cheers

Puting a line through everyone's dropped round may clear up everything.

HCR ChicaiN

TORA Race Number : 359
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Bruno Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 15:34

Bellmond570 wrote:...
Well, if you do not go hot lap crazy by setting times at every track in a R3:800 car and stick to the single player mode for most of your tuning/testing/practice, then the leaderboards will usually show your fastest lap of the night in your GTC car.
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 15:36

It'll get easier to see as the season plays out I prmoise
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 15:38

Also all,

Lobby A start time is still needed according to Chris as well which may or may not have been given as I am typing this
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 15:44

Duke of Bruno wrote:
Bellmond570 wrote:...
Well, if you do not go hot lap crazy by setting times at every track in a R3:800 car and stick to the single player mode for most of your tuning/testing/practice, then the leaderboards will usually show your fastest lap of the night in your GTC car.

Good plan that!!

Looks like it was a 1.29.263 not bad Smile
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE Wed 15 Aug 2012 - 17:49

whats the bonus points for?
RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

TORA Race Number : 515
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 15 Aug 2012 - 18:04

RW26 BLAZE wrote:whats the bonus points for?

10pts per meeting attended - supposed to encourage attendance, so a possible 80pts up for grabs.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE Wed 15 Aug 2012 - 18:14

CQR Aero wrote:

10pts per meeting attended - supposed to encourage attendance, so a possible 80pts up for grabs.

so I'm gonna loose 20 points cos of me not attending 2nd and 3rd round. (missing laguna due to traveling to london of paras
RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

TORA Race Number : 515
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 15 Aug 2012 - 18:55

SelectiveRogue wrote:Also all,

Lobby A start time is still needed according to Chris as well which may or may not have been given as I am typing this

OK....so, get ready for the screaming and shouting! (This is not an invitation!)

Apologies that this has not been updated until now, but I only received the lobby A start time last night and did not have time until this afternoon to adjust all the times etc. As you know, each lobby following lobby A is staggered by a 4 second penalty.

The process, so that you can get your heads around it (is quite complex), is that all of the lobby replays are checked to see when the start line is crossed to begin lap 2 (the first racing lap). We can then see, based on these times, the time that we need to add or subtract from the drivers' finish times in each lobby to reflect the 4, 8, 12 etc second gap that would have been at the start.

For example: Lobby A starts at 1m 00s. Lobby B starts at 1m 10s. Lobby C starts at 1m 04s.

Lobby A always stays the same, then in this example, all the finish times in lobby B have 6s deducted to give a start time of 1m 04s, and Lobby C has 4s added to give a start time of 1m 08s.

Now this is where the real fun begins. So, you finish the race at 1h 15m 43s, and your lobby needs to be adjusted by deducting 8 seconds in order to get the "actual" finish time, so your finish time is actually 1h 15m 35s. So potentially, this can reflect a position change when you put all the other lobby times in, and this is what we mean by "you are racing the other lobbies". You need to make that choice between keep pushing to maximise your lap times, or go steady to avoid incidents and increase you chances of gaining places over the lobbies above.

Now, someone I'm sure is going to ask "so what if your finish time is 1h 15m 04s and you need to deduct 8 seconds?". Obviously this would mean that your finish time is effectively before the end of the race (1h 14m 56s) and that would have meant you could have got another lap in. Correct. Therefore we award the additional lap, and add onto that "pre-finish finish time" an average lap time for your class. e.g. for P1 at Sunset, 1m 15s. This would put your finish time right up of course, but you get that crucial extra lap in that you would have got if we were all in one big lobby anyway, giving you a finish time of 1h 16m 11s using the above example.

Why am I telling you all this? Well hopefully so that you have a better understanding of the work we do behind the scenes, how much is involved, and also so that you understand why we say "standings are provisional until we receive x".

I have now completed the results for Round 2 of the ISCC, which are available to see in the table at the top of this thread, and you will notice some position changes. Ordinarily this would have been updated on the night, but in this instance was unable to be.

Regards

Chris

PS - Sorry for the essaygasm!
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 15 Aug 2012 - 18:56

RW26 BLAZE wrote:
CQR Aero wrote:

so I'm gonna loose 20 points cos of me not attending 2nd and 3rd round. (missing laguna due to traveling to london of paras

No, you're not going to lose any points, but you're not going to earn any bonus points for non-attendance.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Carrera Wed 15 Aug 2012 - 20:12

CQR Aero wrote:
Apologies that this has not been updated until now, but I only received the lobby A start time last night and did not have time until this afternoon to adjust all the times etc.

My bad!
F4H Carrera
F4H Carrera

TORA Race Number : 60
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 15 Aug 2012 - 20:25

F4H Carrera wrote:
CQR Aero wrote:
Apologies that this has not been updated until now, but I only received the lobby A start time last night and did not have time until this afternoon to adjust all the times etc.

My bad!

No worries dude Very Happy
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Wed 15 Aug 2012 - 20:27

gotta step my game up.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Senna Wed 15 Aug 2012 - 22:50

So you get 10 points for turning up, when you lose the points for the dropped round do you lose the 10 points too? If you get what I mean lol.
CQR Senna
CQR Senna

Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by garyp3398 Wed 15 Aug 2012 - 22:56

Sorry if this is answered else where but what way is the points awarded i.e. 1st gets ? 2nd gets ?
garyp3398
garyp3398

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Bruno Wed 15 Aug 2012 - 23:08

garyp3398 wrote:Sorry if this is answered else where but what way is the points awarded i.e. 1st gets ? 2nd gets ?
If you scroll to the right in the "tabs" of the embedded google spreadsheet, there is a "Points System" tab just before the race results tabs.
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 0:37

CQR Senna wrote:So you get 10 points for turning up, when you lose the points for the dropped round do you lose the 10 points too? If you get what I mean lol.

You don't lose them as they are added after the formula adds up the points for each round and subtracts the smallest two.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next