TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team

+7
Matt
RumbleBee 392
Duke of Bruno
AAR corwinMB
Koenigsegg R
Beanz
Biggsy tv
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team Empty News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team

Post by Biggsy tv Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 21:32

Unfortunately due to lack of time of the team drivers for the AudiSport R18, the team will have to officially retire from the race.

The remaining members will therefore filter into the TORA Charity Car, also ran by CMGraphix.

The car will therefore become an "official" GT car for the event, which means that all drivers scheduled to be driving the car who already are in another team will have to be removed from their stints, and the remaining drivers scheduled to be driving the car are advised to get in contact with myself to re-organise the stints.

I apologise to drivers in concern to the charity car, but wish you all luck with your own teams for the event! Smile

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team Empty Re: News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team

Post by Beanz Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 21:40

That's a shame that you've had to retire your Audi, i guess it's due to the sheer amount of time orgranising and streaming the TORA Live takes?

If it makes it any better you guys are doing an amazing job, so keep it up Cheers
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team Empty Re: News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team

Post by Koenigsegg R Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 21:49

What??

So basicly it's not really a Charity Car anymore. Because not everyone can drive in it and contribute to the Charity event. I was very happy that I read I could do at least 1 stint in this 24hr event. Wished I could have done more, but couldn't due to other stuff.

I know it's about Charity. But why should everyone who wanted to drive a stint for a good charity suffer from a team who couldn't get enough drivers/time? I don't get it.

News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team HiRFIVRNews on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team F0Ubl2sNews on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team Cs7jRnKNews on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team R2kIRBg
Koenigsegg R
Koenigsegg R

TORA Race Number : 117
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 2674
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 21:53

F4H Koenigsegg wrote:a team who couldn't get enough drivers/time? I don't get it.

That's a bit harsh, it's not like they've been pratting around and can't be arsed is it?
Beanz
Beanz

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenigsegg R Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 21:55

Yes, I understand. And I feel very sorry for them.
But they shouldn't change it last minute.

If non of them qualify in the last session, they're not allowed to race, because they didn't set a qualify time in that car.

News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team HiRFIVRNews on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team F0Ubl2sNews on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team Cs7jRnKNews on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team R2kIRBg
Koenigsegg R
Koenigsegg R

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by AAR corwinMB Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 21:58

F4H Koenigsegg wrote:Yes, I understand. And I feel very sorry for them.
But they shouldn't change it last minute.

If non of them qualify in the last session, they're not allowed to race, because they didn't set a qualify time in that car.

wouldn't they just start in the pits?
AAR corwinMB
AAR corwinMB

TORA Race Number : 132
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2012-04-27

http://ifcaracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenigsegg R Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 22:03

They would start at the back of the grid. Missed that part, but I've read it now.

But it still doesn't make sense.

Koenigsegg R
Koenigsegg R

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 22:05

I apolgise for the Charity Car in essence becomign a backup car for the failed Audi car.

The GT car will still be excluded from the overall GT results as the team will have more than 4 drivers, and it only excludes team drivers who are already driving in Le Mans.

Fact is all the Audi drivers couldn't make more then a certain amount of stints, and if left me having to do 14 hours, and streaming when not, and I wasn't prepared to do that, but I still feel that the old Audi team still deserved to be part of the Le Mans race.

Those who are not part of the race like yourself Koenigsegg, if you could let me know which stints you can do, then I'll try and fit people in.

The qually time for the car will be taken from the quickest person who is actually driving the car.

Again I'm really sorry.

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Bruno Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 22:07

Shocked
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 22:09

Duke of Bruno wrote: Shocked

I know Bruno. Trust me, all the AudiSport team are seriously gutted. Sad

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenigsegg R Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 22:14

Only stint I am able to do is Stint 1. And that's not enough stints for a 4-man team.

The Charity Car was about running as much laps as possible. Didn't matter if it couldn't do all stints.

But then I wonder, why didn't you guys start a whole new GT team? Charity car can still run and you guys are also running.

Or a different idea I have. Just make it a Charity Team without car restrictions (still has to be GT). Then people can use any GT car they want, which might add some diversity (GO PANOZ!!!), and money is being raised.

Koenigsegg R
Koenigsegg R

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 22:22

F4H Koenigsegg wrote:And that's not enough stints for a 4-man team.

CMGraphix wrote:The GT car will still be excluded from the overall GT results as the team will have more than 4 drivers, and it only excludes team drivers who are already driving in Le Mans.
Beanz
Beanz

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 22:23

Because even as a brand new GT team, its still the same 4 drivers who couldn't make all the stints.

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 22:27

oh wow, that sucks. hope for the best for you guys and see you tomorrow Smile
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 22:42

The blank stints are available for the Charity car if anyone wants them:

Stint 1: gen3ral ts0
Stint 2: gen3ral ts0
Stint 3: jenson09
Stint 4: CMGraphix
Stint 5: SelectiveRogue
Stint 6: CMGraphix
Stint 7:
Stint 8:
Stint 9: Toffo GBR
Stint 10: gen3ral ts0
Stint 11:
Stint 12: AudiSport Louis

I'm now going off the forums for a while

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 22:52

...so you don't need me for Stint 4 then?
Fair doos. Real shame not to see the 'factory' R18 in the race now but understandable.
I think everyone who has put time into the charity car so far have done a fantastic job and I really appreciate their efforts to this point. In the end it is still all about the CHARITY not who's driving it at any given point or why.
We are still going for laps and we are still going to do our best to raise as much money as possible.
Koenigsegg, if you would still like to run at least one stint in the 458 I can send over the JMW paint for you? Or we'll get you in the car somehow.

News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team EwVLgo3
News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team Beechdsig_zps2e9ae73f
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenigsegg R Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 22:59

I would still like to run. But the only stint I'm possible to do is Stint 1. But gen3ral is doing that stint. He can do it.

Can I still run Stint 1 without being in a team? Because I would love running Panoz. I can't qualify in the final session. And if I knew about this a few days ago I would have qualified on Wednesday with the Panoz.

If I'm allowed to do Stint 1 with the Panoz, then I do think I should be with the top GT cars in the lobby.

Koenigsegg R
Koenigsegg R

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 23:04

I do not see an issue with you running in a Panoz for as ,amy stint as you possibly can. If that can only be stint 1 then so be it.

I think its a shame that the Charity car has become the back up for the Audi team. The team should continue to be non classified and have as many runners as possible who want to take part.

News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 23:04

Not being funny, but i don't want loads of random cars running around everywhere potentially affecting the final result when they're not actually in the race. Just saying.
Beanz
Beanz

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenigsegg R Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 23:07

Which is very understandable.

But the rules say people are allowed to.

Koenigsegg R
Koenigsegg R

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 23:10

In my opinion, it's far too late in the day to be adding cars to the grid. In future I think we will have a lockdown cutoff date of around 1 week before the race, after which no changes can be made to drivers, car choices, team names, anything. If a driver then pulls out on you, that's unfortunately tough luck, you'll have to deal with it, just like in real life. You wouldn't phone the ACO the day before the race and say "oh by the way we're not turning up in a 458 tomorrow, it's gonna be a Ford GT, oh and our 4th driver is not Allan McNish, it's Joe Bloggs the mecahnic".

News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team W9Zxp6dNews on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team AcRCGdgNews on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team MNafhU3News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team Wz5UuVmNews on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team KUxkD1yNews on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team W1XKgn0News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team VSaZmbSNews on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team WgsuLHS

News on the TORA Charity Car and the AudiSport Team Sig10
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 23:21

As said Koenigsegg, I am sorry the scenario for the Charity car has changed. I am seriously SERIOUSLY bummed out that we had to take the Audi out of the grid, and I really hope that in the end you can understand the changes made.

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by AAR corwinMB Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 23:44

i am sad to see an audi out of the race - i kind hoped my team would pick an audi just because of the rich history and culture it brings to a race. But in the end its for the best, and im sad to see it go but im glad the charity car is still going
AAR corwinMB
AAR corwinMB

TORA Race Number : 132
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2012-04-27

http://ifcaracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 23:49

Please no more cars its too late now, and why change the drivers of the 458 without working it around the drivers already in it? Could'nt the Audi guys just have sloted into the stints that had'nt been taken?

Anyway good luck to the 458 and all the other cars/teams.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Bullet Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 0:47

Can I still have stint 11 then?
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next