TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
New TORA Championship Points Scheme EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
New TORA Championship Points Scheme EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
New TORA Championship Points Scheme EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
New TORA Championship Points Scheme EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
New TORA Championship Points Scheme EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
New TORA Championship Points Scheme EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
New TORA Championship Points Scheme EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
New TORA Championship Points Scheme EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
New TORA Championship Points Scheme EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

New TORA Championship Points Scheme

+13
AndyT306
tsaFooT
F4H Bullet
HCR generaltso
Adder 020
Ax4x Kane
CQR HABURi
Beanz
Hainesy
R!CARDOUK
Ax4x Mikey J
Biggsy tv
CQR Aero
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New TORA Championship Points Scheme Empty New TORA Championship Points Scheme

Post by CQR Aero Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 13:36

It has been noticed, most recently with the TCC, that we are beginning to see larger and larger fields on TORA race days, some so large, that using our current points scoring scheme, those at the tail end of the field were in danger of scoring zero points.

We don't want people to feel that they are racing for no reward here, so a new points scheme has been devised which will allow for large numbers of entrants to score, whilst still offering a bonus/incentive to those finishing in the podium positions. The first outing for this new points table will be the GT Championship, starting this weekend. If you have any questions about the new points scheme, please feel free to ask.

CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

New TORA Championship Points Scheme Empty Re: New TORA Championship Points Scheme

Post by Biggsy tv Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 21:05

I have a question!!

300? Shocked

Y'know, starting from 200 would still give the first 125 people points Razz
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

New TORA Championship Points Scheme Empty Re: New TORA Championship Points Scheme

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 21:11

As one who has seen too many C lobbies in my time, I love it! No more sub-30 point days for me.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by R!CARDOUK Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 21:25

I assume that as far as teams go(2 drivers+) it is the first 2 cars only of that team accross the line,counts towards the Team's points tally. Would it therfore be a little fairer for the single driver(privateer ect) to score1.5 times his points as he has half the ammount of cars in the race. Atleast it would give him a chance to win the whole thing Very Happy Just a thaught
R!CARDOUK
R!CARDOUK

TORA Race Number : 54
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 21:44

R!CARDOUK wrote:I assume that as far as teams go(2 drivers+) it is the first 2 cars only of that team accross the line,counts towards the Team's points tally. Would it therfore be a little fairer for the single driver(privateer ect) to score1.5 times his points as he has half the ammount of cars in the race. Atleast it would give him a chance to win the whole thing Very Happy Just a thaught

As far as I know privateers (single driver entries) don't compete in the team championship. study
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 21:48

BG Hainesy wrote:As far as I know privateers (single driver entries) don't compete in the team championship. study

Yeah i'm pretty sure they don't either, they have a separate privateers championship if i remember rightly?
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR HABURi Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 21:50

If they don't have a Privateer Championship, then they should imo.
CQR HABURi
CQR HABURi

TORA Race Number : 618
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 22:39

We do, and it's seperate from the Teams one. And starting at 300 for future planning! Better to change once now than now and then again sometime soon when our membership expands yet further.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 22:48

If my Maths is correct, then is there 7,200 points up for grabs in this season?! That's a lot. I'd prefer less points, for the slower drivers, this makes getting points all the more precious & would encourage battling for position. If I was in lobby D for example & was still getting 150+ points, then I wouldn't risk a move for the sake of 1 point. That could easily be won at another race.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 23:02

Afraid to say I agree Crying or Very sad
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 2:32

We have 150 odd entrants for GT. If (unlikely but you never know) for one round everyone posts "IN" and turns up to race, you'd prefer half of the field to score 0 points?? That would just make half of the field say "why am I even bothering?"
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Adder 020 Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 5:24

WWR Aero wrote:We have 150 odd entrants for GT. If (unlikely but you never know) for one round everyone posts "IN" and turns up to race, you'd prefer half of the field to score 0 points?? That would just make half of the field say "why am I even bothering?"

I don't think so.
It is only the more reason trying to get bether to get some points in the race.
In f1 is it that also not everyone is scoring points.
In a field of 150 I would say the first 50 score points for Tora.
I myself would say the first 25.....

Adder 020

TORA Race Number : 16
Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 6:44

what if only the top 3 in each lobby scored points?
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Bullet Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 6:49

That would suck for people in higher lobbies to not score any points. Its a bit of grey area I think. With all these entrants you don't want to discourage anyone, but that seems like a lot of work for you guys with all those numbers and you guys have enough on your plate as it seems with running the various series on this sight. I like the idea of no points for "slower" drivers, almost like f1 basically. The "slower" people would just have to work harder to score points. No offense, but a lot of the "faster" guys put a lot of time into tuning and practicing, and Im not saying the "slower" guys don't, but it just seems like a lot of work for you guys.
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by tsaFooT Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 7:20

I understand the argument to reward some points to anyone who is racing. But I also agree to the doubts mentioned before in this thread. There are a lot of points and the reward for gaining a position is quite small. Also the top positions are not honored enough IMHO, e.g. 1x P1 (300) = 2x P75 (150+150)

I don't mind to get no points, if I'm too slow or if I'm caught in some trouble. That's how it is in any real racing series. The real reward is the fun of racing anyway.
tsaFooT
tsaFooT

TORA Race Number : 32
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2012-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 7:36

We have just over 150 signups to the series ( i think ) but I don't expect all to turn up. Even if they did, you would only need to score for 150 people max

As said, I think we can get away with scoring points for the first 125, maybe starting the point scoring from 150?

and so on?
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 8:21

As I said, there is some "future planning" involved here, and though I take your feedback on board, this post was not meant to be a forum for alternative suggestions. A lot of thought has gone into the distribution of the points and it isn't particularly "up for discussion".

Your comments about "not pushing for that extra position" just don't hold water. Under the current points system, you'd gain 1 point from gaining 1 position in the lower lobbies, under the new scheme you could jump up 3 or 5 points depending on which positions you're gaining. Also, what difference does it make if you're in lobby D "only fighting for 76-61 points against a potential 300 for winning" as opposed to the "zero for the entire lobby versus 50 for winning" you'd get under the current scheme??

I might look into lowering the starting point to say, 200, which would score up to 126 places, but as I said, if people are in lobbies which have the entire lobby scoring zero, then what's the incentive?

This is not just for the GT Series this season, we're talking across the board going forwards (as our current points scheme is across the board).

Last edited by WWR Aero on Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 8:27; edited 1 time in total
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 8:26

I understand that Chris, but forward planning for 200 people on one race night seems a bit overkill, and even the 200th placed person is scoring 25 points.

I don't think any series ever has had 225 people at one race meeting, I'd estimate that's roughly 125 - 150 more then what'll be able to make race 1 of the GTs?

Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 8:27

Lobby N FTW!!!
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 8:29

Fine.....try that (final offer).
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 8:42

After very little thought on the subject of points, I have come to the conclusion that when getting a good run on someone, as I attempt to pass them, I never once have thought of points.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 10:02

i understand the need to award something, if a fast driver messes up in qualifying and ends up in D lobby they might not want to race - and you don't want people not racing because they couldn't qualify well

possibly think about a points system for each lobby? on a steeper increment, then those that win in C/D lobby get rewarded for winning against the people they are with

i'm just here to race, i know there is no chance of me winning the championship, so i'll be racing for positions to win whatever lobby i'm in and try to out perform my team mates
AndyT306
AndyT306

TORA Race Number : 681
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 10:53

Various options were explored, including staggered points tiers for each lobby, bonus points for leading a lap/the most laps, but they were either unworkable in a practical sense, or skewed the standings too much. The final amended scheme is now up on the original post of this thread.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Cobblepop Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 12:47

Did I miss my opportunity to sell you the decimal point?

It's a shame because the decimal point can work wonders with disgruntled drivers wanting a more bite size points system.

Watch in amazement as 200 points becomes 20.0 points and 20 points becomes 2.0 points... ta-da!

Sorry, couldn't resist Rolling Eyes
CQR Cobblepop
CQR Cobblepop

TORA Race Number : 963
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2012-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 12:53

S2M Coblet wrote:Did I miss my opportunity to sell you the decimal point?

It's a shame because the decimal point can work wonders with disgruntled drivers wanting a more bite size points system.

Watch in amazement as 200 points becomes 20.0 points and 20 points becomes 2.0 points... ta-da!

Sorry, couldn't resist Rolling Eyes

Opportunity not missed, and also, I quite like it! Let me stew on it for a bit and I'll get back to you. Wink
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next