TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!)

5 posters

Go down

Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) Empty Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!)

Post by CQR Aero Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 20:54

The hosts are going to be trying to have this all organised as smoothly and quickly as possible, but the sheer hugeness of numbers may cause a little hold up if there are connection issues.

Some things that will help us immensely:

1/ Add MSA TORA GT as a friend (only if you're posted "IN" please). If you get a "friends list full" message, add MSA TORA TEC as we will use this as our overflow.

2/ Be online and ready to accept a race invite from 7:30pm BST onwards. Hosts will be setting up their lobbies from this time, and inviting one-by-one to save the "everyone joining at once" issue.

3/ Lobbies will be set to "Invite Only" to save people jumping in and bouncing others out. If you suffer a connection issue, and "bounce" or completely fail to get into your lobby, please be patient and don't send your host a message to "reinvite". We know you're not in the lobby, and we will reinvite you, or invite you to the hosts party to let you know what is going on if necessary. We don't have the time or will to read 140 "reinv plz" messages or join parties etc.

4/ The most important one. Read THIS and follow the instructions. With so many combinations of connections, you are responsible for your own situation. EVERYONE should have their NAT set to Open, or a DMZ set up.

5/ Race clean. If you have an accident, apologise if it affects someone else's race. If your race is affected, don't abuse the person that did it, take it to the stewards afterwards.

6/ Have fun!! The MSA TORA GT Season 9 is seeing unprecedented numbers and quality of racers. This is not just "the big one" it's immense!!

Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) W9Zxp6dPointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) AcRCGdgPointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) MNafhU3Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) Wz5UuVmPointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) KUxkD1yPointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) W1XKgn0Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) VSaZmbSPointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) WgsuLHS

Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) Sig10
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) Empty Re: Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!)

Post by Guest Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 22:06

Read, agreed, understood, done point 4.

Back to top Go down

Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!) Empty Re: Pointers for Race Night (Help Us Make It Run Smoothly!!)

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 23:19

As someone who has failed #3 a couple times, now I know. Embarassed

I just found out about the "Join Session In Progress" option, as I know it was not there in FM2 and 3, and unless I am mistaken is new as of recent months.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 9:42

Can we also have a few people who have experience hosting lobbies either here or anywhere, that you'd be willing to host the race lobbies, just in case there is a lobby with no staff or Marshalls in.

We hope this won't be an issue, but no harm in being prepared. Wink

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Vapor Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 14:58

I would be willing to host if needed. IDK if I would be the most effective host if I am in a lobby with a bunch of people from Europe though as in the TCC I have had one lag out even though I have an "A+ connection".

Also, if you read this, please share your knowledge with the rest of your teammates and those you might practice with today.
CQR Vapor
CQR Vapor

TORA Race Number : 701
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2012-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisis Nine Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 21:50

Can always count on me to run a lobby again if needed. Be like the good old days.

Crisis Nine

TORA Race Number : 152
Number of posts : 2192
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 17:10

Im around pretty much all night if you need a Back-up Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down