TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia

Go down

Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia Empty Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia

Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia HailfireRacingHeader
August 11, 2012

Above: FPV-liveried Ford GTs from Hailfire Racing; Jones Soda Co. remains associate sponsor

This week some news came out regarding the Hailfire Racing effort in the TORA MSA GT series. Ford Performance Vehicles Australia, or FPV, has partnered with the team and will help support the Northwest USA-based team's effort in the series that, oddly enough, does not have any major events in the continent of Australia. During a closed-testing session at Road America, the circuit where next week's GT series race is to be held, the cars were lapped and it was determined that speed that was previously lacking in the cars had been found.

Travis Johannes, Hailfire Racing general manager, had this to say about the news:

"I can't ****ing believe it. Both Perkins AND Chabala? What's Wilkinson trying to do to the Timbers, scrap it for parts? Wait, what? Other news? What other news? Oh, right, the Ford GTs! Yeah, really excited about that. FPV's a quality effort in the V8 Supercars, so we're hoping that translates over well to the TORA GT series. It's going to be great. Still upset about the Timbers news, though...."

He continued to carry on incoherently about football news.

Above: Derek Stovall (#66) and Travis Johannes (#9) demonstrate the amount of torque given from the FPV powerplant

Hailfire Racing development driver and pilot of the #66 Ford GT, Derek Stovall, was quite fond of the new livery.

"I think the new paint job looks slick. The way the red pops against the black and blue really makes it stand out. It's awesome, man."

Above: FPV GTs parade around Road America during a closed-test session

Brandon Scott, the young phenom from Manhattan, NY, is also in favor of the new partnership. He had the following to say about the new partnership:

"I like it."

Above: A group of Hailfire Racing drivers running during the test session

Driver of the #311 car, Kane Piotrowski, looks forward to rounds 7 and 8 at Road America. In possession of a new steering wheel, he looks to reclaim the blazing-quick pace he feels he's been lacking so far this season. Be sure to watch for the blood-red trimmed Ford next weekend at Road America.

Above: Drivers Travis Johannes (#9) and Stephen Hudec (#994) battle around Road America

Test driver Stephen Hudec was also present for the session, and put a few laps around the track while trying to dial in the car for his teammates. Hudec said good things about the potential the FPV team brings, noting the energy given to him, the lowly test driver.

Above: "Say Cheese!"

With this weekend being off for the TORA GT, Hailfire Racing's efforts are currently focused on Saturday's TASCAR race at Sonoma Raceway and the MMTCC's race across the Atlantic at Silverstone Circuit, and then Sunday's ISCC America race back stateside at Sunset Peninsula.

Above: Hailfire Racing/FPV Ford GTs sit in the pits between test sessions

The driver lineup and respective liveries are as follows:

Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia AmericanFlag #9 -- Travis Johannes (Hailfire97x) -- Blue Accents

Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia AmericanFlag #66 -- Derek Stovall (Red Dirt Bandit) -- Bright-Red Accents

Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia AmericanFlag #138 -- Brandon Scott (xOverdrive99x) -- Green Accents

Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia AmericanFlag #311 -- Kane Piotrowski (BloodYCaiN) -- Blood-Red Accents

Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia CanadianFlag #994 -- Stephen Hudec (mopar4t4) -- Yellow Accents

-T. Johannes, Hailfire Racing Captain -- August 11, 2012

Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia HailfireRacingatTORA
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

TORA Race Number : 9
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Hailfire Racing's GT Team Partners with FPV Australia :: Comments

theboomeranga

Post Sat 11 Aug 2012 - 8:29 by theboomeranga

love the cars, look even better Very Happy Cheers , are you going to try and convert this FPV partnership over to the V8 1000 kms in october Wink and it's bumbs me a little having you get in first, i was going to try land a partnership, but oh well haha lol!

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 15 Aug 2012 - 16:48 by HCR ChicaiN

Love the update and the new Livery! Nice work!!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down