TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion

+76
Oops XyZ
The Posimosh
CQR Deuce
Texaspotatolord
TweekPunx
Ax4x Cowboy
CredibleWizard
Red Dirt Bandit
big dj210
BG Wingnut396
TheAngryPudding
JAMIE ANDERS0N
CD 195
F4H Stuttgart
RW26 BLAZE
Markius Fox
Mandown46
CreamyTastey
SorrySmithy
F4H Music Man
AMR of the Apex
Morne in Glory
silentalarm42
Hailfire97x
pjtierney2003
SnippetyOggy86
EMW Takum1
HCR generaltso
ll Taku ll
F4H Hakkinen
Diablo 29x
Koenigsegg R
CQR Jono
CQR Honcho
TG Wormburner
TfR Milton
CQR Cobblepop
Hainesy
LastNewtStandin
MAJ0R LAZER
Matt
RumbleBee 392
F4H bandicoot
LMR BlackHawk
Ax4x Bandit
TMG Lapierre 7x
CQR D4N13L
tsaFooT
ART Carrera
Ax4x Kane
lfcnicklfc
LMR DarthMario
Richy59
CQR Rogue
AdamWatson99
CQR NEON
Standaman94
F4H Bullet
Racert46
BG Wumba
CQR SPiDeRzZ
Wooflers
Ax4x Chaddy
CQR HABURi
VVV GunDaM
CQR Aero
XPR Roadrunner
F4H Carrera
R!CARDOUK
ShrinkingSteven
F4H Lotterer
HCR ChicaiN
Beanz
Adder 020
theboomeranga
Biggsy tv
80 posters

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion

Post by CQR HABURi Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 14:18

Standaman94 wrote:What he said. Everyone just pick a damn car, and if after a few races it's too slow, then complain and f*ck off. Mad

No need for that kind of talk you know. Neutral
CQR HABURi
CQR HABURi

TORA Race Number : 618
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion

Post by XPR Roadrunner Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 14:20

.......annnnddd GOOD MORNING!!! Very Happy
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 14:23

LOL I read that as sarcasm Stan hahaha

CMGraphix wrote:That is on purpose, and it is to favour more cars currently racing in higher numbers as real world. That is based off big plans we are currently on, but no I will admit the favouritism there.

Hmmm I can understand that. It does seem strange though. Ah well. I would have liked to see equal amounts, like we have in S9, where all of the cars got snapped up.
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 14:24

Forum permissions have been fixed, so they should act like all other areas of the forum.

I don't quite know what to say as I can't see there being an easy solution for this now. It's becoming a bit of an "us against them" situation and no matter what decision is made there is going to be backlash against it. Obviously with there being so many people commenting on the car balance there is definitely some weight behind the issue. I personally don't believe in the MSA argument, as I would much rather have an evenly balanced car list in a video game than try to mirror real life, which can cause issues. I understand the desire to replicate real life here, and we try to do what we can to achieve this, but it's a video game and we can only work with what we have.

As Simon has said he put in an unprecedented amount of effort over the last year to make the Race Cars balanced as well as possible, and throughout Season 9 nobody complained like this. People seemed to enjoy it, and everyone had some great racing. Comments that was saw included "how great the cars are" "how good the racing is" and "how good a job was done on the car list" To all of a sudden see such a big uproar about 1-2 PI being adjusted on the cars that were commented on throughout Season 9 and the data fed back to Simon is strange to say the least.

Maybe we have attracted more people who take the racing a lot more seriously than who we are used to seeing, and whilst I don't like the idea of people being put off of racing here because of a couple of questionable tenths in some cars, there are a lot of other people who haven't mentioned a thing about the cars - people who put in just as much effort as the 'big' teams.

Ultimately we need to make a decision as series organisers, and whilst it may be a decision that some people don't like we will still have people who will race here. For this argument to all of a sudden come up with days/hours to go before signs up open after the list has been released for awhile is again something I don't understand, and as I said I have seen this a lot before. In the past we haven't made drastic changes to a list that was complained about, and in the end people still raced here and had fun. This game will never have an equally balanced car list unless we all race in the same car, and until we all find a game that has a set list of GT cars that are accurate and balanced against each other we can only work with what we have. Last Season people enjoyed being here, now all of a sudden they aren't happy.

Simon is our GT organiser, someone who we put in charge of our GT series as we trust his judgement. This judgemet lead us to the fantastic Season 9. I will back up his decisions, but I will never be against feedback and testing data that proves we are taking the wrong step and that suggests a fix to bring it back on track. I just hope that everyone does stick around and does race in the series, so that we do indeed get a picture and the proof to back up how unbalanced the car list is believed to be. I understand though that this kind of series takes time and effort to prepare for, and that time may be better suited to a championship elsewhere that you feel provides a fairer race. That is your decision and as much as I don't want it there may be no convincing some people who may have already made up their minds after private testing and not in a race situation.

Last edited by Richy59 on Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 14:31; edited 2 times in total
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 14:25

Hey guys,

I'm new to TORA and have a few questions that i was hoping someone may be able to answer. Firstly is it ok to enter the GT Sprint series as a privateer 1 man team and if so do i need to declare that on my registration form. Second, is there a spec build for the cars or do you make your own build as long as its within the rules.

Thanks Snip.
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

TORA Race Number : 328
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 14:29

Hey Snip yeah you can enter as a privateer, just make sure you put it on the entry form Smile

For your build you have to build it yourself, check out the car list and the restrictions for your car.

After that you should be good to go Very Happy

(PS entry is tonight at 8PM BST)
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 14:32

Ok, thanks mate
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

TORA Race Number : 328
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 14:33

Standaman94 wrote:What he said. Everyone just pick a damn car, and if after a few races it's too slow, then complain and f*ck off. Mad
This was my 1000th post. Suspect
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 14:39

So for those in the know I have a question for entry forms.

Are we to specify only 1 car choice and then await a decision as to wether we choose again of its taken?
Just trying to work out what I may end up with if I chose a popular car that gets taken. Right now I assume I get whats left after all the other choices have been worked out.
Souns silly and I may be missing something but I may just opt for my second choice car if its more likely as getting whats left may be a car I really dont manage with. Simply trying to ensure I can go the distance with this question Smile
LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

TORA Race Number : 55
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2012-12-03

http://www.forzauniverse.net

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 14:42

its a first come first serve basis , when you register i believe you put 1st car choice and 2nd car choice
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 14:44

Best thing to do is to submit a 1st and second choice car in your post when Sign Ups open.
That's the best way of getting a car you like. We would hope to inform all entrants which car they have got as soon as possible but as it;s a first come first served bases then if you get you car choice ahead of anyone else then you're likely to get that one Wink
Hope that helps
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 14:55

That does Matt,

If the entry form allows us to make say 2/3 car choices then it would likely be easier if it does get busy for the organisers to have a nice chronilogical order of peoples extra choices without having to do much asking for another pick.

I could list all my choices in order if needed but wouldnt want to be unfair.

Keep the faith guys I know there is a hell of a lot of issue popping up last minute but its what happens and you just have to take the best from suggestions and like you say, Dont go too far with changes if they are un supported by evidence.
I believe the cars will never be equal overall and that some drivers and cars will work better at different tracks BUT also that some will just be fast everywhere in their chosen car.

Im really looking forward to this championship, Both sprint and enduro are going to be great in their own way Smile
LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

TORA Race Number : 55
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2012-12-03

http://www.forzauniverse.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:40

We'll be going by the time posted to decide who gets what. I think father time is the fairest method of all Smile
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by pjtierney2003 Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 16:24

(first-time poster here, visitor from another racing series)

Just out of curiosity regarding this car balancing debate; is it possible for us to look at the testing/balancing data?

I don't think the cars are terribly unbalanced but when I competed in a league using the S9 rules there was 1 car (ours, the Lamborghini) dominating the series. That could be down to getting the right build/tune and putting in more practice than the others, or it could be a car balancing thing, I don't know. (for reference, the Lambo won the championships and got Pole at every race, Corvette 2nd, Z4 3rd)

If I saw the testing numbers and saw that the difference between fastest and slowest was around 1% (which is 1.5 seconds on most tracks) then that would put my mind at ease regarding how balanced these cars really are. I'm sure others feel the same way too.

Last edited by pjtierney2003 on Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 16:26; edited 1 time in total

pjtierney2003

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 16:25

If season 9 was so close why did many teams switch cars as soon as one of 4 popped up? I done it myself and there is reason behind why everyone changed car. To me there is real GT3 in game that got put straight to a 15% power purely because it had a decent PI level. But to many of them lost any chance of competing the second a straight came up. Give it two laps your no where near a slipstream you lose 15mph easy even on the slower shorter straights causing laptimes to be at least .5 tenths off. Around any track with the penalty these cars lose time out of lack of acceleration because the power to weight ratio has been killed. Some cars lost only 30hp others lost 90hp+ this is what caused the unbalancing of the cars as you lose to much power to pull the damn car along.

Hopefully that reads correctly to all who might find it useful but I think with so many people clearly unhappy why not delay signups for a week? Gives everyone chance to provide data and help sort any issues rather than it carrying on every round through the series.

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Honcho Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 16:42

FYI This may be a T10 balls up or its actually how it is in real life BUT

The Lambo and possibly the Jag is a GT2 BODIED car but with a GT3 Engine. That may be why those 2 seriously lack in a straight line!

Last edited by CQR Rusty on Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 16:50; edited 1 time in total

CQR Honcho

TORA Race Number : 38
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2012-06-05

https://www.facebook.com/RustyLaidlerRacing

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 16:45

I understand what you're saying Chris and noticed it too. I don't know what the solution is because you test the cars in qualifying conditions (i.e. hotlapping) and when you compare the times they look balanced, but in race conditions, you get that rubber banding effect that you'd expect in and out of corners, but when there's a car there, you can't exploit the corner speed in the cars whose strength lies in the handling, and the straight line cars pull out and ever increasing gap on the straights that eventually breaks the tow to the handling car behind, and then they're gone.

Then on a twisty track, all the guys in straight-line cars complain that their cars handle like arse.

The trouble is......how do you fix that within the limitations of the game? And how do you please everybody? Other than having a single-make series, which kind of defeats the object!
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 16:50

CQR Aero wrote:...in race conditions, you get that rubber banding effect that you'd expect in and out of corners, but when there's a car there, you can't exploit the corner speed in the cars whose strength lies in the handling, and the straight line cars pull out and ever increasing gap on the straights that eventually breaks the tow to the handling car behind, and then they're gone.
This is very true, but a couple of times (especially at Laguna Seca) that Viper kicks ass being as it had so much grip.
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 16:57

ok all,

Personally I would like to apologise for some of the rash comments made by staff in relation to our community in this post, I for one work in a business where MFA (Market Feed Back Analysis) is key to the success of your product and well some of the comments made are not to be taken as TORA word.

We need constructive criticism and ways to go forward and thats not just from the community but from staff too.

I hope you all understand, cheers all.

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tsaFooT Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 17:07

Wow, I've just read several pages, mainly filled with this balancing debate. I understand some of the complaints, but what I don't get: why is the S10 car list considered as total crap while it has only slight changes compared to S9? We had close racing in S9 and a lot of fun, didn't we? So the car list can't be that wrong IMO. I really appreciate the work of the TORA staff and I don't expect a perfect car balance, because that is not possible, neither in real nor virtual racing.

And a note to the really fast guys out there: if you identified that one or the other car is better than the rest, then nobody forces you to use it. Pick one of underdog cars, bringt it into A lobby and fight for the win with it. If it's not winning but about racing, then this is your challenge.
tsaFooT
tsaFooT

TORA Race Number : 32
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2012-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 17:12

tsaFooT wrote:Wow, I've just read several pages, mainly filled with this balancing debate. I understand some of the complaints, but what I don't get: why is the S10 car list considered as total crap while it has only slight changes compared to S9? We had close racing in S9 and a lot of fun, didn't we? So the car list can't be that wrong IMO. I really appreciate the work of the TORA staff and I don't expect a perfect car balance, because that is not possible, neither in real nor virtual racing.

And a note to the really fast guys out there: if you identified that one or the other car is better than the rest, then nobody forces you to use it. Pick one of underdog cars, bringt it into A lobby and fight for the win with it. If it's not winning but about racing, then this is your challenge.

These are the sort of posts that deserve rep Cool
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by Racert46 Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 17:25

It was a long read, and in the end my german friend is right
Racert46
Racert46

TORA Race Number : 46
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 17:29

@Aero - I understand what you mean with the rubber band effect but this is to extreme as even on grip tracks the faster low grip cars still have massive amounts of grip as they are full bread race cars. I think giving cars that lack straight line would be better in a lower penalty group.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 17:32

Thank you to the guys here who see sense (I'm looking at the last few posters in particular)

I have requested detailed info on what people are using to come to the conclusions they are but to no avail. If we had hard data then we can make a decision. But without this, we have to use the season and a half's worth of data with all race condition lappery, qualifying times and test data to work on.

Enjoy season 10, it;s going to be the best yet!!!
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 17:46

Additionally, I have also suggested open test sessions.
Anyone interested?!?!?!
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next