TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
The right good British moan thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
The right good British moan thread - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
The right good British moan thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
The right good British moan thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
The right good British moan thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
The right good British moan thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
The right good British moan thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
The right good British moan thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
The right good British moan thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

The right good British moan thread

+44
skyshadow5
Slider S15
Turbo Power 77
CredibleWizard
FSR Groves
brettiec91 (aka Whippy)
Duke of Bruno
CQR Myles
VVV GunDaM
Mr Akina
xVampirAx
HCR generaltso
TG Axiom
Ax4x Chaddy
BG Scarlett
SnippetyOggy86
Brenwalsh
PLOW tubbi
Matt
theboomeranga
Racert46
Biggsy tv
Richy59
CQR Rogue
Beanz
BG Wumba
Ax4x Cowboy
CQR Shifty
AMR of the Apex
DeweyTee
F4H bandicoot
Hainesy
silentalarm42
ATR DAN
CQR NEON
Tango Wh1skey
F4H Lotterer
Standaman94
Ax4x Mikey J
DTR Rock
Ax4x Kane
Wooflers
XPR Roadrunner
nickyf1
48 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The right good British moan thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The right good British moan thread

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 25 Dec 2013 - 18:34

^ Unintended consequences rule!
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

The right good British moan thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The right good British moan thread

Post by skyshadow5 Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 19:56

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/6316375.aspx

Thanks Worm for locking my thread on the Forzamotorsport.net forums, seems like most threads that out Turn 10 for releasing a piss-poor game get your lock instead of reprimanding the culprits that cause the problems. New threads will keep on being started if you keep on locking threads raising genuine concerns. Oh, and not all FM.net posters are 15 yr old school kids, some of us have our own 15 yr old school kids to contend with as well as the over zealous moderators on FM.net!

~sky~
skyshadow5
skyshadow5

TORA Race Number : 404
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2013-08-15

http://www.maturevideogamer.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbo Power 77 Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 21:05

MVG skyshadow5 wrote:http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/6316375.aspx

Thanks Worm for locking my thread on the Forzamotorsport.net forums, seems like most threads that out Turn 10 for releasing a piss-poor game get your lock instead of reprimanding the culprits that cause the problems. New threads will keep on being started if you keep on locking threads raising genuine concerns. Oh, and not all FM.net posters are 15 yr old school kids, some of us have our own 15 yr old school kids to contend with as well as the over zealous moderators on FM.net!

~sky~
A lot of the people that posted in that thread haven't raced in an organised league have they?

Turbo Power 77

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2013-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 22:15

That thread was well written and presented. And it wasn't purely flaming T10 & was just simply looking for answers. It's a shame it got locked.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 22:36

The problem, as far as I could see, was with the post by PTG Coops. As soon as someone starts asking direct questions and wants direct answers then threads are going to get locked on there.

Turn 10 are a large company who make controlled information releases through their own media stream (Week in Review etc.). If you let those sort of posts through the forum's net once they will keep reoccurring and before you know it half the forums are full of exactly the same sort of posts for every aspect of the game's content.

If the thread had stayed on topic - people talking about how they had shared content within the community (and outside of it too) then I'm sure it would have stayed open but the conversation strayed and the padlock arrived.
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by skyshadow5 Sat 4 Jan 2014 - 20:56

BG Cowboy wrote:The problem, as far as I could see, was with the post by PTG Coops. As soon as someone starts asking direct questions and wants direct answers then threads are going to get locked on there.

Turn 10 are a large company who make controlled information releases through their own media stream (Week in Review etc.). If you let those sort of posts through the forum's net once they will keep reoccurring and before you know it half the forums are full of exactly the same sort of posts for every aspect of the game's content.

If the thread had stayed on topic - people talking about how they had shared content within the community (and outside of it too) then I'm sure it would have stayed open but the conversation strayed and the padlock arrived.

So the OP suffers for the stupidity of other posters? Hence my statement saying "seems like most threads that out Turn 10 for releasing a piss-poor game get your lock instead of reprimanding the culprits that cause the problems".

You know, if Turn 10 actually bothered to speak to the community properly, and not just randomly came up with statements like "we hear what you are saying" (wtf does that actually mean then, you hear us and so what? You hear us and tough? You hear us and there's eff all we can do, sorry?), then a load of threads like mine won't even be required, but no. Turn 10 don't bother answering anyone. I know that they can't reply to everyone individually, that would be impossible, but they do have a weekly column in which they could announce their future plans to make changes. The fact that they haven't done any of that, and have never made large changes to the "structure" of a Forza Motorsport game before, makes me think that they are, or at least were, happy with what they released and it wasn't until league racers started questioning why so many community aspects had been removed that the proverbial "light-bulb moment" struck them.
I honestly don't think that they even realised that their wholesale cull of the community aspects would cause so much discontent let alone the disquiet about the repetitive career mode with only 14 tracks to choose from. It sort of shows just how far out of touch the developers of the game really are with the whole gamut of players that a Forza game encompasses. Not everyone is a "fly-by-night have a few races then do something else" type of gamer. There are those who put a huge amount of effort into actually racing, actually driving a car for hundreds off laps perfecting a tune and perfecting their racing lines. These people tend, in the most part, to belong to communities like TORA and these dedicated racers are the people who have been screwed over the most.
Turn 10 have not yet answered any aspect of this, they will bleat on about how they have changed the economy, and state that they are "listening to the community", but have never answered critics about the league racing community and how they are to supposed to continue like they did with Forza 4; not once.
This whole situation is only compounded by the comments of forzamotorsport.net moderators who seem to delight in coming up with ever more ways to piss off the posters with their insipid and sarcastic comments to people who express their dislike of or contempt for Turn 10 and their lack of support for the real racing community.

~sky~
skyshadow5
skyshadow5

TORA Race Number : 404
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2013-08-15

http://www.maturevideogamer.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sat 4 Jan 2014 - 23:53

Its the same as ther facebook and twitter accounts the good questions that get asked are ignored,look at the twitter questions its brilliant someone asks when the marketplace goes live and they respond with we don't know LOL so they don't know there own game .
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbo Power 77 Wed 8 Jan 2014 - 21:07

When you are going to use a free trial for something and they want your credit car details......

ITS A F***ING FREE TRIAL!!!

Turbo Power 77

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Dragon Wed 8 Jan 2014 - 22:21

Over competitive gamers are the only thing that make me go on rants.

Yeah, you play a game, for having fun. I would like if gaming companies could just make a system where you actually go against people who are in it for the same reason you are, BUT NO! They feel the need to throw you with the people who troll leaderboards day in day out 24h a day, 365 days a year, for their whole life. Stop playing so you can make yourself at the top of leaderboards, it isn't funny, it just shows had sad a person you are to do nothing other than sitting on your a-hole doing nothing put pressing buttons on a controller, want to troll people? Do it with people who want to troll you! Not the people who just want to have a good time and enjoy the game, which was the reason it was intended for! If you cannot do that, then in my opinion, your life must suck so bad that you live of a gaming machine that does nothing other than display a picture and link to a plastic box somewhere around your house. Rant over.
LMP Dragon
LMP Dragon

TORA Race Number : 93
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1671
Registration date : 2013-05-17

http://lmpdragon.jgsw.me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 8 Jan 2014 - 22:36

FM5's lobby system... That is all. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbo Power 77 Wed 8 Jan 2014 - 22:45

I hate games where you play online and you don't have a chance because you get put in a lobby full of pros who have the best stuff i.e guns.

Turbo Power 77

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 8 Jan 2014 - 23:34

FUC*ING PARENTS THAT NEVER GET OFF YOUR BACK ABOUT ANYTHING. PARENTS THAT RULES YOUR LIFE, TELL YOU WHAT TO DO WHEN TO DO IT, HOW TO DO IT, WHEN THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH
so F8cking over it it's become ridiculous how much they push me to do things that i don't want to do as long as i can, or tell me that i haven't done anything on something i've worked hours on but they haven't seen me
JUST F*CK OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Thu 9 Jan 2014 - 0:25

ErebusV8 wrote:FUC*ING PARENTS THAT NEVER GET OFF YOUR BACK ABOUT ANYTHING. PARENTS THAT RULES YOUR LIFE, TELL YOU WHAT TO DO WHEN TO DO IT, HOW TO DO IT, WHEN THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH
so F8cking over it it's become ridiculous how much they push me to do things that i don't want to do as long as i can, or tell me that i haven't done anything on something i've worked hours on but they haven't seen me
JUST F*CK OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE

Opposite sides of the world. Same situation.

My parents tried to push me towards a career in finance, forced me get work experience at a bank, always mentioned the lucrative rewards such a career brings. Sat in an office wearing a suit is my idea of hell. What a waste of life that is (in my opinion). They weren't happy when I told them I'm going to join the Army, actually was the first time they said they were disappointed with me. Even then they tried to push me towards the Royal Air Force because it's 'safer'.

I know they like to think they know best, but I'm 18 now. It's a job I've wanted to do for a few years, I'm not going to settle for a mundane, pedestrian job to keep them happy or so they won't worry Rolling Eyes

Edit: Please no one '+1' me. I'm on 69 Rep Razz
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Thu 9 Jan 2014 - 1:15

would it make you feel uncomfortable if i said i gave you that 69th rep? Wink
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Thu 6 Feb 2014 - 18:44

Flappy Birds. Every so often one of this [Censored] mobile games come out, & nearly everyone jumps on the bandwagon, they screenshot their highscore & parade about as if it's a real achievement. I hate when the morons who play this refer to themselves as gamers. No, you are not a gamer.

I've participated in a 24 hour endurance race, driving for near 2 hours straight with my only break being a 30 second pitstop, I spent months painting, tuning & practising for the race which was live streamed. I am a gamer. They are not.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbo Power 77 Thu 6 Feb 2014 - 19:03

Kilroy8 wrote:Flappy Birds. Every so often one of this [Censored] mobile games come out, & nearly everyone jumps on the bandwagon, they screenshot their highscore & parade about as if it's a real achievement. I hate when the morons who play this refer to themselves as gamers. No, you are not a gamer.

I've participated in a 24 hour endurance race, driving for near 2 hours straight with my only break being a 30 second pitstop, I spent months painting, tuning & practising for the race which was live streamed. I am a gamer. They are not.
I really don't understand these games. Nobody had ever played it and then suddenly everyone is playing it. I guarantee you in a month or so Flappy Bird will be a thing of the past.

Turbo Power 77

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbo Power 77 Thu 6 Feb 2014 - 19:05

The right good British moan thread - Page 10 BfQMmACIYAAoxJj

Turbo Power 77

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Thu 6 Feb 2014 - 20:58

Greater Manchester Police Salford: "POLICE NOTICE

If you are being 'Harassed' on facebook please follow these instructions:

1. Close your facebook account"

So you can't be bothered to deal with the scumbags harassing, bullying and threatening people trying to enjoy social networking so you encourage the victims to change themselves instead?!

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Thu 6 Feb 2014 - 21:56

I'm not saying I agree with the Polices stance on Facebook bullying, but if you were being harassed on Facebook surely you could just block the people dishing out the abuse.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Thu 6 Feb 2014 - 21:58

That's what I do, but this is more referring to the type of harassment where people will create multiple fake accounts, bombard you with messages to cause maximum stress.

TheAngryPudding

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailfire97x Thu 6 Feb 2014 - 22:28

I know I'm American, but I'm sure you guys can relate:

When it snows with minimal warning. We were told that today (Thursday) would be fine, a little cold, but most of the snow would start tonight. I wake up at 7:30 to the guys on the radio saying how hard getting to the studio was today. I sit up, look out the window, and everything's white.

Why can't weathermen be correct? Or at least somewhat accurate?
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

TORA Race Number : 9
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Thu 6 Feb 2014 - 22:59

it's the same over hear
'severe thunderstorms on tuesday, I advise staying indoors if you can'
*cancels all plans for tuesday*
*tuesday arrives* Sunny all day

and vise versa
or, there's the extreme and this did happen, because in Australia, the rainy season AND the fire season are at the same time...
so itd be **large clouds are gathering over Goondawindy at the present (about 4hours drive west of me) and are expected to bring large downfalls again and possible flash flooding
wake up, grass is dry except Stradbroke Island (biggest island in my area) is half on fire...
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Thu 6 Feb 2014 - 23:11

Northern England: Raining.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Thu 6 Feb 2014 - 23:43

East of England, Raining

TheAngryPudding

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Bruno Fri 7 Feb 2014 - 1:08

Rolling Eyes 
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next