TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration

+19
FSR Groves
CAPTAIN CHEDDAH
theboomeranga
CredibleWizard
Hainesy
PROD DTechR
XPR Roadrunner
BG Wingnut396
Noland35F
HCR ChicaiN
Ax4x Chaddy
PLOW tubbi
Morne in Glory
LMR Ganassi
Ax4x Mikey J
Zeta0085
Richy59
SorrySmithy
Ax4x Bandit
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration Empty TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration

Post by Ax4x Bandit Sat 22 Dec 2012 - 21:59

TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfZdd4RgfhyjL9f24cA-fjUbNynJVirQx2lpISyKjxmxkCqdwUvw

RULES AND DRIVING ETIQUETTE
The German Touring Car Championship is a non-contact sport. But, some contact might be unexpected or unavoidable. If you feel that you have been wrecked on purpose, please report it to me (Bandit1097) or any other hired race steward for that weekend. If we hear any reports on lag from a driver, please report it to me and I will tell the driver who is causing the lag to fix his/her connection. The only possible penalty for lag is to start from the rear of the field to avoid any first lap collisions.

I expect each and every competitor that attends at any of the championship meetings to behave and communicate in a respectable manner to every single competitor and steward. If you feel a comment may be offensive, hurtful, etc., then please don't say it at all. On the track, if you feel you gained a spot unfairly, then please give the spot back UNLESS the other driver(s) have either spun or crashed.

You may get only one block per straightaway per vehicle. Any second movements that get reported to me will most likely result in a lost of positions, depending on the effect of the second block. It is not considered blocking if the driver is getting prepared to enter a corner, which will give that driver the right to move to the appropiate side of the track to take the corner, if there is any sufficient room.

If at any moment of the race a driver goes off the track, please be very watchful when you see that driver joining the track. Depending on where the driver went off depends on the action everyone has to do. If the driver is rejoining the track at the exit of the corner, then that driver has to wait until all drivers pass by. If the driver is rejoining the track on a straightaway, then all oncoming cars must give the rejoining driver room to enter the track in a safe manner. Failure to comply to this will result in lost positions, depending on the severity.

All racing and passing must be made on the race track. If a part of a track gives you a dirty lap, you are not allowed to use that part of the track. If you use the run-off of the track to gain positions, then you may either be asked to give all spots back or lose positions at the end of the race if you fail to do so. You may use all the run-off you want if you are avoiding a wreck.

When you decide to sign-up, remember that all teams may only consist of up to four drivers per team. The only way a car can be official is if you use your TORA number.

TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfPB0SL7MjQW2kUzPCsLHe5n9EAbIAItZLduqELLvJBDL97g664w

CHAMPIONSHIPS
The German Touring Car Championship will have the use of three championships. These championships are: Driver, Team, and Manufacturer.

DRIVER CHAMPIONSHIP: This championship is simple and straight forward. All drivers are by themselves when earning these points. Points are: 1st-150, 2nd-140, 3rd-130, 4th-120, 5th-110, 6th-100, 7th-90, 8th-80, 9th-70, 10th-60, 11th-50, 12th-40, 13th-30, 14th-20, 15th-10.

TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: This championship is to determine the team with the most points at the end of the season. Every driver in the field earns points for their teams as well. The more drivers in the field, the more points you get. Each team is only allowed a maximum of three drivers and a minimum of one driver. The amount of teams a driver gets will also transfer to there team. So, if a driver earns 150 points, then the team gets 150 points, and so on.

MANUFACTURER CHAMPIONSHIP: This championship will determine which manufacturer ran the best all season long. This will be fought between Audi and Mercedes-Benz. All drivers running this manufacturer will count points towards that specific manufacturer they are running for that race weekend.

There will also be a separate Road and Oval championship for the driver, team, and manufacturer that performs the best at that indiividual layout.

TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREo_X6onm134WWzyIUkJ8YgGvIikEBDWTO5eb_hzB7AUEtsYSy

RACE DAY

QUALIFYING
When you think you're ready to qualify, please let me know when you're ready so I can set a room up for you to qualify. Damage will be on limited and cars will be Always Off. You'll get one warm-up lap, two flying laps, and a cool down lap. On the cool down lap, please stop or drive slowly around the track so I can record all the times in that session. You will know your position in the forum post for that certain race. There will also be drivers who will not qualify for the race if more then 15 drivers sign-up. So, be sure to set your fastest time. If you don't qualify, you can still possibly get in on owner points. If you decide to quit before the conclusion of your qualifying session, you will be marked down as "No Time" and you will not be allowed to redo your qualifying lap.

RACE
On race day, please be on 10-15 minutes before the start of the race so I can hand out invites for the race.

You are allowed to use any assists you wish. So, you can have everything at the easiest level or everything on the hardest level. The damage will be on limited.

The warm-up lap will be one lap so that everyone can get in their correct positions for the start of the race.

All road course races will consist of two races that will be 50 miles long. All oval races will be one 50 lap race.

Once the race starts, I expect clean racing from everyone and hopefully a good race. A caution will be thrown when either someone crashes or two or more cars spin. Off-road excursions will not throw out the caution. When the caution is thrown, the safety car will pick up the leader at a slow speed and pace them around the track until all drivers have caught up. You are allowed to pit if you want to under the caution. If the safety car is still out at the last turn with three laps to go, all cars will stop in the final corner and there will be a two lap shootout from there. There will be no more cautions once there are two laps to go. All restarts will be two-wide. Whoever is in first gets choice of left or right side. Odds have to be in the same line as the leader and evens will have to be in the same line as the second place driver.

There will be no mandatory pit stops on road courses since the races are to short to have pit stops. Pit stops might be a necessity on the oval tracks since they're longer races.

At the completion of the race, I will record the finishing results and tally up the points. No bonus points will be rewarded. So, you could lead all the laps, but wreck on the last lap and not get any points for all of that leading.

TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjYbFC7xJ5FVi3o0PtofgI5aqSjjqk2a4d9pZgCcQSsUgGaV6f

CARS
The cars in this series will be the 2011 Audi A4 Touring Car and the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Touring Car. There will be no upgrades to put on them, but you are allowed to tune the cars.

SCHEDULE
1. Nurburgring Grand Prix Circuit - 16 laps
2. Indianapolis Grand Prix Circuit - 19 laps
3. Hockenheimring - 18 laps
4. Sunset Peninsula Oval - 27 laps
5. Twin Ring Motegi Oval - 50 laps

Last edited by Bandit1097 on Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 21:51; edited 7 times in total
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration Empty Re: TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration

Post by Ax4x Bandit Sat 22 Dec 2012 - 22:03

YOU MUST REGISTER HERE BEFORE YOU CAN SIGN-UP FOR A RACE! ALL COMPETITORS THAT SIGN-UP FOR A RACE, BUT HAVE NOT REGISTERED, WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!

Registration Form
Driver Name:
TORA Number:
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration Empty Re: TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration

Post by SorrySmithy Sat 22 Dec 2012 - 23:31

Any dates decided for the race schedule?
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

TORA Race Number : 5
Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Sat 22 Dec 2012 - 23:35

BG Smithy wrote:Any dates decided for the race schedule?

Saturdays at 2:00 PM EST. Not to sure if starting next weekend would be a good idea or not.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 0:26

Think you would be better starting it on the 12th Jan as 29th Dec people will still be doing xmas holiday stuff and on the 5th is the TORA Race of Champions.

Also may I suggest running a shorter championship or maybe 2 races per night. Also maybe running 1 long race then the next week a short race and an oval race. Don't know whether I could commit to a 13 week championship as well as the TORA GT's.

Just a suggestion.

Whatever you decide BG will be present.
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 2:45

BG Smithy wrote:Think you would be better starting it on the 12th Jan as 29th Dec people will still be doing xmas holiday stuff and on the 5th is the TORA Race of Champions.

Also may I suggest running a shorter championship or maybe 2 races per night. Also maybe running 1 long race then the next week a short race and an oval race. Don't know whether I could commit to a 13 week championship as well as the TORA GT's.

Just a suggestion.

Whatever you decide BG will be present.

Well, considering that the meetings should take no more than an hour if everyone has their heads on straight for that weekend, shortening the schedule doesn't really seem necessary. Its around the same length as the official TORA championships. scratch
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 3:37

Yes, but look at the attendance for your events. You even cancelled a series because of lack of entrants. Shorter and maybe snappier series that are based around having fun in different types of cars will attract more people, and allow you to mix things up a bit as you can change cars or types of racing more often.

The TORA championships have a lot of backing and support for them, whereas these non-TORA championships are thrown out there so often that they get forgotten when the next 'good idea' comes along and you cancel the series either because of lack of entrants or because you are bored of racing the cars. Smaller series will be more attractive, as people will soon get fed up commiting to tuning, painting and testing cars for these championships to then be cancelled a few weeks later.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 3:50

Richy59 wrote:Yes, but look at the attendance for your events. You even cancelled a series because of lack of entrants. Shorter and maybe snappier series that are based around having fun in different types of cars will attract more people, and allow you to mix things up a bit as you can change cars or types of racing more often.

The TORA championships have a lot of backing and support for them, whereas these non-TORA championships are thrown out there so often that they get forgotten when the next 'good idea' comes along and you cancel the series either because of lack of entrants or because you are bored of racing the cars. Smaller series will be more attractive, as people will soon get fed up commiting to tuning, painting and testing cars for these championships to then be cancelled a few weeks later.

I see where you're getting at with me shortening my leagues, but the DTM cars should be a lot of fun considering that they're very quick cars and all the races are usually exciting.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 4:21

They may be fun and exciting, but unless you can get people interested it's not going to be that easy to make it a success. A block of text explaining the series rules and a sign up thread isn't the best way to get people excited. Posters and videos are a good way of building interest, however even pictures of the cars racing each other in some fashion goes a long way. Presentation really makes a difference, even if you don't necessarily think it does.

I would suggest a small 4-5 round series, promote it and get people interested, have the races short and snappy so they don't require the hours of tuning and testing and then get feedback after it. Once you start building interest in smaller series with good fun racing you will attract more people.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 4:40

Richy59 wrote:They may be fun and exciting, but unless you can get people interested it's not going to be that easy to make it a success. A block of text explaining the series rules and a sign up thread isn't the best way to get people excited. Posters and videos are a good way of building interest, however even pictures of the cars racing each other in some fashion goes a long way. Presentation really makes a difference, even if you don't necessarily think it does.

I would suggest a small 4-5 round series, promote it and get people interested, have the races short and snappy so they don't require the hours of tuning and testing and then get feedback after it. Once you start building interest in smaller series with good fun racing you will attract more people.

Problem with presentation: I have no way of being able to upload pictures and videos onto here since I can't make videos and I'm not able to upload pictures onto forzamotorsport.net. So, I usually end up with a block of text.

And I'm pretty sure the race distances should be fine since 50 mile races do take about a half an hour to complete, but instead make it one race instead of two races. Oval races may also have to be shorten since I'm not to sure if everyone here is to fond of doing a 50 lap race.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta0085 Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 6:41

If I may ask, what type of problem are you having with uploading photos to forzamotorsport.net? Storefront error when uploading pictures?
No saved replays from races?
Zeta0085
Zeta0085

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 13:46

Team: BG AMG
Car: Mercedes
Driver: BG Smithy
TORA Number: #5
Driver: BG Wumba
TORA Number: #43
Driver: BG Scarlett
TORA Number: #106
Driver: B0Xc8
TORA Number: #83
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 15:33

Zeta0085 wrote:If I may ask, what type of problem are you having with uploading photos to forzamotorsport.net? Storefront error when uploading pictures?

Whenever I try to look at my storefront on Forza Motorsport 4, it always goes to the Forza Horizon storefront.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 15:36

BG Smithy wrote:Team: BG AMG

You only needed the driver and TORA number and gamertag. You mention your team and manufacturer when you go to sign-up for the race.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 19:36

Bandit, Google the term "DTM" and you will find many great pics and vids for advertisement's sake. When basing a FM$ race off real world racing, posting the real world pics/vids work great.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 20:41

If this works out, Richy and Mikey are going to get the biggest thank yous ever.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 21:08

Car Livery chosen

TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration 4306668790_912869da72

Last edited by BG Smithy on Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 22:15; edited 1 time in total
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 21:54

BG Smithy wrote:

Car Livery chosen

TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration 42750d7728d352b81356296845

Car livery has failed to upload.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Ganassi Mon 24 Dec 2012 - 4:05

Registration Form
Team Name: GKS Racing
Driver Name: G FASTgks
Car: #04 Audi
TORA Number: 789*

*Requested Number

Last edited by GFASTgks on Mon 24 Dec 2012 - 4:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot Team Name!)
LMR Ganassi
LMR Ganassi

TORA Race Number : 789
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Mon 24 Dec 2012 - 4:26

BG Smithy wrote:

Car Livery chosen

TORA German Touring Car Championship - Rules and Registration 4306668790_912869da72

I'm liking that pink livery! Very Happy
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Morne in Glory Mon 24 Dec 2012 - 7:10

Bandit1097 wrote:
Zeta0085 wrote:If I may ask, what type of problem are you having with uploading photos to forzamotorsport.net? Storefront error when uploading pictures?

Whenever I try to look at my storefront on Forza Motorsport 4, it always goes to the Forza Horizon storefront.
Are you talking about forzamotorsport.net mate ?
Morne in Glory
Morne in Glory

TORA Race Number : 305
Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta0085 Mon 24 Dec 2012 - 11:13

I'm checking out forzamotorsport.net via the "my profile" tab which is located at the top right when viewing their forums.

If you click on "my profile" and sign in, there should be two tabs when it loads up. One for Forza 4, the other for Horizons. If you do spot that, click on the Forza 4 tab and it should load up that gallery.
Zeta0085
Zeta0085

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Morne in Glory Mon 24 Dec 2012 - 11:24

Just what I was about to say bud
Morne in Glory
Morne in Glory

TORA Race Number : 305
Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Mon 24 Dec 2012 - 16:14

Zeta0085 wrote:I'm checking out forzamotorsport.net via the "my profile" tab which is located at the top right when viewing their forums.

If you click on "my profile" and sign in, there should be two tabs when it loads up. One for Forza 4, the other for Horizons. If you do spot that, click on the Forza 4 tab and it should load up that gallery.

I'm guessing it was the site having a little problem at the time it wasn't working for me. It works now. Thanks anyway!
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta0085 Mon 24 Dec 2012 - 23:37

No problem. Glad to be of help Cool
Zeta0085
Zeta0085

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next