TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
GT Enduro Round 1 New and Old Drivers EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
GT Enduro Round 1 New and Old Drivers EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
GT Enduro Round 1 New and Old Drivers EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
GT Enduro Round 1 New and Old Drivers EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
GT Enduro Round 1 New and Old Drivers EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
GT Enduro Round 1 New and Old Drivers EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
GT Enduro Round 1 New and Old Drivers EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
GT Enduro Round 1 New and Old Drivers EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
GT Enduro Round 1 New and Old Drivers EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

GT Enduro Round 1 New and Old Drivers

+6
theboomeranga
CQR Aero
VVV GGspeed
Racert46
Adder 020
CQR Rogue
10 posters

Go down

GT Enduro Round 1 New and Old Drivers Empty GT Enduro Round 1 New and Old Drivers

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 15 Jan 2013 - 13:28

Hey all,

Please make sure you read through - http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t8957-tora-2013-sporting-regulations our 2013 rules and regulations

&

Understand how Race 1 will work -

Qualifying
There will be 1 qualifying sessions per race meeting.
- A 4 second roll off delay will be in effect to accommodate a greater opportunity for clean running and driving concentration. Collisions will be set off, and damaged will be limited.
- Qualifying 1 will be set to 20 minutes, 15 minutes for qualifying times, and the remaining 5 minutes is used for the lobby hosts to collect times before competitors cross the line to finish the session. "Clean" qualifying laps are over "Dirty" laps. A slower "Clean" lap will start the race ahead of a quicker "dirty" lap. Make it count!

RACE
Race conditions begin under rolling start, in the order of qualifying, and mixed lobbies of GT3 and GT4 where possible, last driver would confirm in place and when the lead driver has specifically said 3,2,1, Go!
Settings
- Collisions during all races will be on, and set with Simulation. All driving aids will be available, apart from ABS, STM and auto-brake. Steering will be a choice between "simulation" & "normal" due to issues made aware by Fanatec for wheel users.
-Each race will be approximately 1 hour 45 minutes in length, denoted by a lobby length of 2 hours. Racing conditions will end once 105 minutes have elapsed and 15 minutes remain. All drivers must then complete the lap they are on, and take note of what the timer says as the cross the finish line.

We don't want to see any driver miss out due to connection issues, please be warned we will not hold up race night for connection issues as we have done in the past.

If you have any questions post here.

I hope you all have a great first race Smile

Last edited by SelectiveRogue on Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 22:41; edited 2 times in total
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

GT Enduro Round 1 New and Old Drivers Empty Re: GT Enduro Round 1 New and Old Drivers

Post by Adder 020 Tue 15 Jan 2013 - 13:49

I have a question about the start.
Bli33ard was the host and what I could understand, he talked with Aero about warm up lap and start.
Warm up lap is 100 ft between contestants ( behind each other, not side to side)and getting on to the oval forming 2lines for the rolling start. Then the pole man has to say between pit entry and starting line GO, GO,GO whenever the pole man wants.

Is the now changed back to the old thing 3,2,1, go or ......?

Adder 020

TORA Race Number : 16
Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

GT Enduro Round 1 New and Old Drivers Empty Re: GT Enduro Round 1 New and Old Drivers

Post by Adder 020 Tue 15 Jan 2013 - 13:50

bli33ard was the host for the test last Sunday.

Adder 020

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 15 Jan 2013 - 14:14

Hey dude -

from the race rules the following should be applied -

Rolling Starts

Competitors are asked not to move off their grid slots until the lobby host reads out the grid order and confirms when they can move off. All cars must proceed in order at no more than 80mph and at a distance of at least 80ft from the car in front. We ask that competitors do not race one another in the formation lap as to not interfere with the grid order, any resulting infringements will be reported to the race director and penalties may be given.

To achieve a rolling start the competitors will be led by the lead car until the start signal is given. Once the lead driver reaches a pre-designated section on the track (usually before the final corner), they shall let the pack bunch up side by side in a two by two formation. the lead driver is given the choice what side he wishes to begin the race on, and all following competitors must follow this lead.

When all drivers are in position and the field are all on the start / finish straight, getting confirmation from the last driver that all are in position, the lead driver may start racing conditions by shouting "3 2 1" "Go" and accelerating before the field reaches the start / finish line, if “Go” hasn't been called at the line, race conditions will begin automatically.

Under no circumstance shall any competitor be allowed to pass the vehicle in front until they have passed the start and finish line. Should a car overtake another before the line, the offending driver must give the place back within 3 corners, or penalties will be given out.

Last edited by SelectiveRogue on Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 8:50; edited 1 time in total
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Racert46 Tue 15 Jan 2013 - 14:20

Hey Rogue,

Your first post says:
RACE
Race conditions begin under rolling start, in the order of qualifying, and mixed lobbies of GT3 and GT4 where possible, and when the lead driver has specifically said 3,2,1, Go!

Second post says:
When all drivers are in position and the field are all on the start / finish straight, getting confirmation from the last driver that all are in position, the lead driver may start racing conditions by shouting "Go" and accelerating before the field reaches the start / finish line, if “Go” hasn't been called at the line, race conditions will begin automatically.

So can you say if it's 3 2 1 GO or just GO.

Just getting things clear.
Racert46
Racert46

TORA Race Number : 46
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 15 Jan 2013 - 14:30

Good spot will clear this up I have taken these directly from rule book give me a few hours need wait for people to get home to clarify.
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV GGspeed Tue 15 Jan 2013 - 14:54

TBH I'm a bit surprised that you guys are still using that method (3..2..1..Go...OR GO..GO..GO) to start a race Shocked Voice lag is isht in lobby's and not everyone can hear that calling at the same time, there was so much drama around 3..2..1..GO anywhere i raced and almost everyone drop it for race timer starts Cheers
VVV GGspeed
VVV GGspeed

TORA Race Number : 102
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 15 Jan 2013 - 15:10

I know if we had it our way Chris would be sat on the wall with a big green button!
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 15 Jan 2013 - 15:17

maybe i could get an airhorn to blow down my headset lol!
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 15 Jan 2013 - 15:20

^^^^ Yes
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Tue 15 Jan 2013 - 17:17

I know rules have been made, but just came to mine, and I probably won't work, but what about a Point of Reference on the track, noted (maybe with photo too) before each round so drivers know where it is.
For example, Catalunya could be where the guard rail starts after the sand trap at exit to last corner, it's easy to see, and it's not too far or too close to the S/F line, it may be a tricky idea, and might not work, but thought it was worth saying to see your thoughts
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 8:51

Confirmed -

Last driver confirms in place
Lobby is silent
Lead Drive when ready calls and speaks up!
"GO"
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 8:51

Lobby hosts will confirm all race producers before race
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Driftollie Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 10:55

I've a question, with all lobbies being technically able to win the race, and with distance & time being key, the lead formation lap is going to have to take exactly the same time in each lobby. Or say lobby d can all sprint round and gain 10/15 seconds over lobby a who may run the lap slower before the 3,2,1, go.

Should each lobby have a target start race time because the timer will be running on the formation lap.
Driftollie
Driftollie

TORA Race Number : 155
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 11:27

they should have a rough guide as speed are set for pace car.

Replays and start times will be reviewed for each lobby and so just like ISCC calculated so cars start same time but staggered intervals of x seconds depending upon which lobby you Q in.

So all lobbies start same time up on replay checked race start time then added intervals added between lobbies.
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR HABURi Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 11:28

SelectiveRogue wrote:I know if we had it our way Chris would be sat on the wall with a big green button!

If we had it our way, then there would be options to set a grid and have an automatic rolling start option imo.
CQR HABURi
CQR HABURi

TORA Race Number : 618
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 11:38

Driftollie wrote:I've a question, with all lobbies being technically able to win the race, and with distance & time being key, the lead formation lap is going to have to take exactly the same time in each lobby. Or say lobby d can all sprint round and gain 10/15 seconds over lobby a who may run the lap slower before the 3,2,1, go.

Should each lobby have a target start race time because the timer will be running on the formation lap.

This has been discussed and explained by me a few times already. The replay is checked to see what time the first flying lap is started for each lobby, and the finish times are adjusted accordingly to bring them into sync. Then the +4 secs per lobby down from A is added. It certainly helps though, if the start times are roughly the same.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Adder 020 Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 11:41

SelectiveRogue wrote:Confirmed -

Lobby is silent
"GO"

Ok, thanks.
The only but I am having is that pole man has a disadvantage , because guys behind him can make a "stealing"start.

Last Sunday with Bli33ard and GO,GO,GO ,the pole man has an advantage.

Adder 020

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 13:55

SelectiveRogue wrote:Confirmed -

Lobby is silent
"GO"

Ta
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by big dj210 Fri 18 Jan 2013 - 22:11

do any of the gt4 cars have restrictions?
big dj210
big dj210

TORA Race Number : 210
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2012-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Fri 18 Jan 2013 - 22:48

All of them have a 35% power handicap. See the car list here:

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t8823-tora-msa-gt-endurance-series-carlist
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down