TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Spec Miata Rd 1 Tsukuba Sign In - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Spec Miata Rd 1 Tsukuba Sign In - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Spec Miata Rd 1 Tsukuba Sign In - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Spec Miata Rd 1 Tsukuba Sign In - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Spec Miata Rd 1 Tsukuba Sign In - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Spec Miata Rd 1 Tsukuba Sign In - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Spec Miata Rd 1 Tsukuba Sign In - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Spec Miata Rd 1 Tsukuba Sign In - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Spec Miata Rd 1 Tsukuba Sign In - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Spec Miata Rd 1 Tsukuba Sign In

+33
Ax4x Chaddy
ATP Wheelwash
XPR WskeTango
Bar Pilot
CQR Stevie
EZT Challenger
AgileAdam
JIM TacticaL365
Richy59
DemonChild147
RumbleBee 392
F4H Lotterer
ATP Flying Ace
ATP Rage
BalmierPie671
allanrocha89
leobonilha
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Broomz
TETR4REX
PROD DTechR
JKGrizzle
DeweyTee
Rodolfotec
silentalarm42
AMR of the Apex
ALFREDOS NL
LastNewtStandin
theboomeranga
PLOW tubbi
CQR Rogue
BG Wingnut396
Ax4x Mikey J
37 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Spec Miata Rd 1 Tsukuba Sign In - Page 4 Empty Re: Spec Miata Rd 1 Tsukuba Sign In

Post by RumbleBee 392 Sat 19 Jan 2013 - 23:11

Whatever is easiest for you bud, as long as guys have a chance to move up from a lower hobby will work. Whether is points like you used to have it in your other series where winning B lobby was like placing 10th in A.

But qualifying over the week might help relieve the time taking process on raceday
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Spec Miata Rd 1 Tsukuba Sign In - Page 4 Empty Re: Spec Miata Rd 1 Tsukuba Sign In

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 19 Jan 2013 - 23:27

Bandit1097 wrote:
Flyin Mikey J wrote:I am seriously thinking of skipping quallies, and basing everything on points, to speed up the process. Thoughts?

You could try having qualies throughout the week to see if that helps.

That might work. Qualifying sessions at 10PM GMT and 12M GMT on Thursday.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Sat 19 Jan 2013 - 23:34

Id restart the whole thing again and get lobby hosts sorted before each meeting. Do a 2 lap Qualifing so its basically 1 lap for each driver, sort 2/3 lobby hosts for races, go racing.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Sat 19 Jan 2013 - 23:34

Flyin Mikey J wrote:
Bandit1097 wrote:
Flyin Mikey J wrote:I am seriously thinking of skipping quallies, and basing everything on points, to speed up the process. Thoughts?

You could try having qualies throughout the week to see if that helps.

That might work. Qualifying sessions at 10PM GMT and 12M GMT on Thursday.

I was actually more thinking that someone can just message you saying that they're ready to qualify and you can set the lobby up and have them qualify. Either that or qualify a small group of people at a certain time on a certain date throughout the week.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Sat 19 Jan 2013 - 23:35

FranchittiFan wrote:Id restart the whole thing again and get lobby hosts sorted before each meeting. Do a 2 lap Qualifing so its basically 1 lap for each driver, sort 2/3 lobby hosts for races, go racing.

If we did two laps, then there wouldn't be enough time to get all the times down.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 19 Jan 2013 - 23:44

FranchittiFan wrote:Id restart the whole thing again and get lobby hosts sorted before each meeting. Do a 2 lap Qualifing so its basically 1 lap for each driver, sort 2/3 lobby hosts for races, go racing.

I was hoping that experienced TORA staff entered in the races would jump in straight away as lobby hosts, but that did not work out.

1 lap qualifying would still take as much time to sort out between Q and Race sessions. This is why I want to eliminate the need to Q on Friday. IROC worked w/o Q, but we had much smaller grids and single lobbies.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Sat 19 Jan 2013 - 23:58

Id help out but the rules have to be followed.

I was pretty quick last night and I was worried i wouldnt be, set the fastest clean lap of race 1 and passed Grizzle round the outside of the 1st hairpin.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 8:28

I would have helped for race host, just didn't have time to be q host due to buying the wrong car Embarassed but thought you had it sorted for the race
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Stevie Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 9:48

Qualifying through the week may be a problem for some people that do shifts, I've been there, and know whats its like, I know it sounds a pain but at least if you had them the same night as the race you'd know they were available.
CQR Stevie
CQR Stevie

TORA Race Number : 971
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 10:44

a gentle reminder.

This is a community run series not a tora sponsored series, that said its runfrom the tora platform so certain things are expected when entering.

Mikey's organisation could do with a polish, he also needs to understand that as series runner he has to make some decisions. decisions to be made on:

1. the restart ruling, the tora one works as well and as fair as can be, I'd use that.
2. aggressive or unfair drivers, Allan Rocha blatantly cheated at the rolling start and showed overly aggressive passing / barging. I am impartial as I was not involved in any of the instances,I merely witnessed them.
3. qualifying, again the tora way works best I'd use that.
4. whet to use a laptop to take the times down on, it burnt alot of time with the organisation.
5.lobby population numbers, tora trends to stick to no more than 12 due to lobby conditions deteriorating after that point.

I enjoyed the racing but it felt like a public lobby at times, the first round is done, the series will improve, bring on the heat biatches. lol!
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wingnut396 Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 10:53

Quite well put tubbi but when you say bring on the the heat if you are rethering to Laguna then not much I can say but grrrrrrr hate that track lol
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

TORA Race Number : 148
Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JIM TacticaL365 Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 16:09

lol tubbi ill be seeing you in me rear view mirror bud only joking be a good race tho again between me and you and others
JIM TacticaL365
JIM TacticaL365

TORA Race Number : 365
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 16:14

Sounds like a gauntlet slap to me Hilarious

Laguna is a track that I hate so you may well be telling the truth,......But.........the wall (not the barrier, the chicane slope hill thingy) is a truly unforgiving place and many ........accidents happen Wink .

If only we could get the race going without SOMEONE trying to overtake before the rolling start first corner!
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by JIM TacticaL365 Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 16:18

oh and thanks mikey for putting the event on its a good series and yes there was a thu probs with lag and crashes but all in all was alright some people just need to learn the race aint 1 by the 1st turn and yes its nice to win but aint all about winning wish id of saved replay for last lap of 2nd race 4 the across the line finish
JIM TacticaL365
JIM TacticaL365

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 16:22

check some storefronts for the replays mate, and you were soooooooo lucky to nip that away, if my damage had been a little less damn it Cheers
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by JIM TacticaL365 Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 16:28

you say luck I say skill lol iva way was a dam good race Cheers
JIM TacticaL365
JIM TacticaL365

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 18:20

Quallies at 12M Thurs/11PM Friday?

Or if we do quallies at race time, would someone with a handy laptop please take over the sorting process?
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 18:55

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Quallies at 12M Thurs/11PM Friday?

Or if we do quallies at race time, would someone with a handy laptop please take over the sorting process?

I have my computer right next to my Xbox, so I can do all of the sorting.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 22 Jan 2013 - 4:09

That would help a bunch. Thanks!
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by allanrocha89 Tue 22 Jan 2013 - 4:36

Mourne Identity wrote:Bang on buddy....he's a jerk
who?

allanrocha89

TORA Race Number : 413
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 22 Jan 2013 - 5:27

PLOW tubbi wrote:a gentle reminder.

This is a community run series not a tora sponsored series, that said its runfrom the tora platform so certain things are expected when entering.

Mikey's organisation could do with a polish, he also needs to understand that as series runner he has to make some decisions. decisions to be made on:

1. the restart ruling, the tora one works as well and as fair as can be, I'd use that.
2. aggressive or unfair drivers, Allan Rocha blatantly cheated at the rolling start and showed overly aggressive passing / barging. I am impartial as I was not involved in any of the instances,I merely witnessed them.
3. qualifying, again the tora way works best I'd use that.
4. whet to use a laptop to take the times down on, it burnt alot of time with the organisation.
5.lobby population numbers, tora trends to stick to no more than 12 due to lobby conditions deteriorating after that point.

I enjoyed the racing but it felt like a public lobby at times, the first round is done, the series will improve, bring on the heat biatches. lol!

1. The 4th restart was due to a seven car pile up on the 3rd attempt. I guess I was trying too hard to make most people happy, as I was much better off on the 3rd restart: 3rd place with over 1000 feet gap on the rest.
2. Being a Community event, I do not know what can/should be done to dirty drivers. And since you can't save a replay of a quit race, not even a SI can fix that.
3. Sticking with the TORA norm, for one more week at least.
4. I do not own a laptop, and my dialup PC is slower than pen and paper. I need assistance there, and Bandit is willing and able to assist.
5. Why did nobody bring up the lobby count issue beforehand? Other than a lack of hosts, it may have saved a lot of grief.

But yes, it did feel like a public lobby at times, too many times to be honest. The end result was a series host who was ill before the race, and downright livid before the second race finally had a clean start.

I am sorry for letting you all down, and promise to do my best to learn from mistakes and improve the way things are done next time.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by allanrocha89 Tue 22 Jan 2013 - 6:19

I would like to say i`m really sorry for all the inconvenient that i caused at the 1st circuit but really happened a huge lag at the rolling restart, i pumped the gas but all the others was like the AI of the game, was crazy.
and about the RWS i didnt cause that much complaints that some people said here, aidtheace one of the Administrators of the RWS can prove that.

allanrocha89

TORA Race Number : 413
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4