TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Any idea what this event will be? - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Any idea what this event will be? - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Any idea what this event will be? - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Any idea what this event will be? - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Any idea what this event will be? - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Any idea what this event will be? - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Any idea what this event will be? - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Any idea what this event will be? - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Any idea what this event will be? - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Any idea what this event will be?

+37
RumbleBee 392
WhoIsJohn117
LMR Manthey
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
F4H Button
Wooflers
Hailfire97x
BG Wingnut396
Hainesy
Colonal Keidec
Adder 020
djlandrover
montecarloman83
Koenigsegg R
ShrinkingSteven
HCR Bellmond
HCR generaltso
CQR Shifty
AMR of the Apex
Ax4x Cowboy
PURE IMPERIUM
LMR Zakspeed
LMR DarthMario
XPR Roadrunner
LMR BlackHawk
F4H Lotterer
CQR NEON
Standaman94
CredibleWizard
CQR Rogue
AdamWatson99
MT2 Levin
Joito04
Texaspotatolord
theboomeranga
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Bandit
41 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Any idea what this event will be? - Page 4 Empty Re: Any idea what this event will be?

Post by theboomeranga Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 22:20

Bandit1097 wrote:I'll do my best to put a lot of effort into helping them. Very Happy
+2
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Any idea what this event will be? - Page 4 Empty Re: Any idea what this event will be?

Post by Adder 020 Thu 20 Jun 2013 - 18:18

I know I cant discuss in the choice topic, but 10 hours is not very handy imo.
With 8 hours and 4 drivers it is easy, 10 not really.
But if you guys stick by that, we will work it out than.

Adder 020

TORA Race Number : 16
Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Thu 20 Jun 2013 - 22:46

and why is it set up as is?
i thought we'd be able to chose track, length, cars in CLASSES and a few other things, not track, car a and car b?
so now its a 10 hour long spec series, just with 2 classes?
not like TORA has many of them...
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Thu 20 Jun 2013 - 23:00

The poll doesn't seem to be what the community wants.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 20 Jun 2013 - 23:05

nothing to do with staff like said before community team organising this
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Thu 20 Jun 2013 - 23:11

But, weren't the poll options supposed to be from what was requested in the request thread?
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Thu 20 Jun 2013 - 23:31

The request thread was basically an idea thread which the community team then could pluck ideas from and then give people a choice via a poll.
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Thu 20 Jun 2013 - 23:40

Shouldn't we be choosing from actual race ideas instead of a spec race combo?
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wingnut396 Thu 20 Jun 2013 - 23:53

like i said in the voting thread cant please everyone but i took the majority of elements and now let you guys choose
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

TORA Race Number : 148
Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailfire97x Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 0:51

BG Hainesy wrote:The request thread was basically an idea thread which the community team then could pluck ideas from and then give people a choice via a poll.

Then why are all but one of these from our ideas? I mean, seriously, I saw probably 30 requests for LeMons, and maybe 1 or 2 for JGTC. And who asked for Zondas?
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

TORA Race Number : 9
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 0:58

It's nice to get the opportunity to use some cars that would otherwise go untouched.
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 1:01

We want to have an event that does not require tuning/balancing because of the lack of resources the Community Team has (people to test we can rely on, time until the event, finding out different combinations that work). While LeMons will be fun (I really like the idea) the idea behind that event is like 'race what you bring', however undoubtedly one car will run away with it, and that's an unfair advantage. Not to say we can't do an unofficial LeMons event in the future right guys?

What we want to do with this event is have two classes (to follow previous TEC format so it can be included in the championship), and have the same car for each class, and have it stock but enable the ability to tune the cars.

We've kinda done this vote to gauge what sort of thing people would prefer to do. Personally I would choose cars that we don't use, because it doesn't even have to be based on an actual event, maybe Furai and Pintos will do. I don't know. It can be a fantasy race. But we are using the format as above.
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wingnut396 Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 1:25

the vote post is now being taken down as you guys clearly dig so enough said from me
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 1:47

Hailfire97x wrote:
BG Hainesy wrote:The request thread was basically an idea thread which the community team then could pluck ideas from and then give people a choice via a poll.

Then why are all but one of these from our ideas? I mean, seriously, I saw probably 30 requests for LeMons, and maybe 1 or 2 for JGTC. And who asked for Zondas?
I think Zonda's are a great choice, one of the worlds greatest cars that we have never had the opportunity to use. But as I said the "idea" thread was just that, put there for ideas that might influence the Community Teams decision (one which people should respect instead of constantly moaning) but not necessarily following any of them. Personally I think its a great idea to have a form of spec race in the TEC season, something different which I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy.
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailfire97x Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 1:54

BG Cowboy wrote:It's nice to get the opportunity to use some cars that would otherwise go untouched.

I agree. However, I heard that this would "Maybe be a spec race," not "let's give the community a vote to see what the spec race will be!"

Keep us updated on the plans next time, guys--that's all we're asking.

How about this: Have a series of votes. First ballot involves things like Era and Classes (Forza classes). Second ballot determines what kinds of cars, and whether or not it would be a spec race. Third ballot is what determines the track (so it for-sure won't end up being Lotus 2-Elevens around Road America).
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 1:55

DTM doesn't need balancing.  V8 Supercars doesn't need balancing.  GT500/GT300 doesn't need balancing.  GT1 doesn't need balancing.  You could even take the builds from previous TORA seasons.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailfire97x Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 1:55

BG Hainesy wrote:But as I said the "idea" thread was just that, put there for ideas that might influence the Community Teams decision (one which people should respect instead of constantly moaning) but not necessarily following any of them.

I was always under the impression that this was driven by the community, not by certain philanthropists chosen by TORA staff.
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 1:56

yea, i agree with Hailfire on that +1
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wingnut396 Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 2:16

hailfire you are always the first to bitch and moan do you understand how much work goes into getting these series up and running for you guys to race in an did anyone say anything it being a spec endurance no i suggest you go crawl back under the rock you came from
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 2:30

oh and wingnut, i should apologize for how i responded to this, was quite unacceptable, i know how much hard work goes into running events, and something like this is monumental and takes a lot of effort, 
so i do apologies for how I responded, was not acceptable
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 2:39

At risk of being removed from the Community "Team" let me say that I am adamantly against ANY form of "Spec Car" enduro, especially ALL of the car choices that have been forced upon you.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 3:07

Bandit, stuff like the GT300/GT500, V8 Supercars etc. don't need balancing which is why they make for great TORA series' as evidenced by their appearances in TCR events.

The opportunity to use something a bit more out of the ordinary presented itself and I welcome that line of thinking. Whether it be something ludicrous like Transit & Veyron Multi-class or using some of the more race-ready cars that don't get a look in with current TORA events that are scheduled.

The more polls there are, the more time it takes to get it finalised. You then have less time to balance cars (if it's not a 'Spec Car' race) and the more opportunities there are for people to moan about the Balance of Performance - ISCC & Le Mans for recent examples.

People are always going to think there could have been a better outcome than whatever the poll produces. At the end of the day does it really matter that much when the most important thing should be the racing.

For example: What would be wrong with Lotus 2-Elevens at Road America, Hailfire? Is it because that's just what you don't want it to be? That's fine, you would be entitled to your own opinion, however you likewise shouldn't discourage someone from voting for that option if it is what they wanted.

One criticism of the current choices would have been that the pace of driver in [Car Choice/Class 'A'] may have been as too close to a driver in [Car Choice/Class 'B'] and IMO this should try to be avoided in an attempt to reduce on track incidents when it comes to priority over who 'has the line' when they are not directly racing each other.

The Community Team clearly tried to streamline the setup for the event in an effort to try and speed things up a bit and have just been pushed back to where they started. It's the first endurance event the Community Team are organising so cut them a bit of slack. Good luck in trying to sort this fine mess out, if people are willing to give you a chance. Laughing

Last edited by BG Cowboy on Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 3:24; edited 1 time in total
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 3:21

V8 Supercars would be mint. They aren't hard to tune, and they're not hyper aero sensitive.(damage wise)

Texaspotatolord

TORA Race Number : 597
Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailfire97x Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 4:13

BG Wingnut396 wrote:hailfire you are always the first to bitch and moan do you understand how much work goes into getting these series up and running for you guys to race in an did anyone say anything it being a spec endurance no i suggest you go crawl back under the rock you came from

Now just shut up and listen to the bloody community for a second, and get off your high horse before your precious ego consumes you! It's very unbecoming for a staff member to lash out on his beloved community.

You see? I can do it too! Very Happy

I am very good friends with Flying Mikey J, and I've seen that he's run multiple, weekly series that have spanned across multiple lobbies, with hardly a break between weeks, FOR 4 MONTHS. I've gotten a bit of the behind-the-scenes insight into what happens with his events, and how (for the most part) he has free-reign to post whatever series he wants for his US Friday Night time slot. I understand a lot of work goes in, but I also see where it's not impossible to have a good series that's not up to 100% TORA standard (no spotter's guides, no team of 12 people organizing, no highly-anticipated previews beforehand) that still has a lot of community support, with rather small effort.

Second, how would it NOT be a spec endurance race if we run 1 class of strictly one car, and 1 class of strictly one car.

As for what Cowboy said, this race won't happen until late in the year. We don't need everything finalized for race 5 before we even start on race 2. A couple of "Gauge the Interest" polls would have been a nice touch, instead of "This is what WE want YOU to race, so decide what it will be" like we got.

And the Lotus 2-Elevens at Road America example was me coming up with low-powered cars at a speed track, something which (from experience elsewhere) is typically an annoying race to be in.

I don't like the general statement being "Shut up and deal with it, you had your chance to say what you wanted, and we didn't like it so you guys don't have a choice in the matter." It's a little underhanded to allow public ideas threads and speculation, only to just turn around and say "Well, we outrank you, so quiet down."

By the way, when your profile avatar is:

Any idea what this event will be? - Page 4 1439-27

and your statement is:

BG Wingnut396 wrote:hailfire you are always the first to bitch and moan...i suggest you go crawl back under the rock you came from

You come across a bit douchey. Just saying.
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 5:09

now now, everybody calm down, before somebody has a talking with you (generally speaking to the general populous of the site and nobody in particular). We are all here for one reason, and that is to have fun while racing.

I see nothing wrong with what Hailfire posted, he is here and just wants to make the site better. He is just speaking to what most people are thinking.  

btw:
Noun1.philanthropist - someone who makes charitable donations intended to increase human well-being

Yes, we are aware the blue squad are pressed for resources and I can understand the need for a one-model-per-class race. It doesn't seem to me from reading back that the majority of people wanted a race like this.

I suggest starting a new thread specifically stating one car per class and one track and see what you get before a list can be made for a vote regarding the cars. Then another one for the track(poll).

It does seem a little pushed, but if such a reaction was warranted from the community, I'd go back to the drawing board, the last thing TORA wants is an underpopulated race due to lack of interest.

Allow tuning but default builds, 2hrs per stint in a default tune will be hell.
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next