TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 25 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 25 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 25 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 25 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 25 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 25 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 25 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 25 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 25 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked]

+58
AdamWatson99
CQR Jono
JAMIE ANDERS0N
tsaFooT
CQR HABURi
Hailfire97x
LMR Sahara
LMP Dragon
Amarth
Ax4x Cowboy
TG Wormburner
AAR ABEnstein
Bob Dixon 76
DeweyTee
Slider S15
CQR Shifty
AMR of the Apex
GLR mar B ond
BG Wumba
MotoYeti
RumbleBee 392
Biggsy tv
F4H Carrera
Ax4x Chaddy
Diablo 29x
RW26 BLAZE
Ax4x Mikey J
Hainesy
LastNewtStandin
Duke of Bruno
v Hurricane v
neilracing07
XPR Roadrunner
PLOW tubbi
The Posimosh
CQR Aero
theboomeranga
ShrinkingSteven
Wooflers
big dj210
FSR Groves
CQR Myles
CreamyTastey
HCR generaltso
nickyf1
F4H bandicoot
Ax4x Kane
Matt
Richy59
ES5XB0Y
Ax4x Bandit
LMR Zakspeed
Texaspotatolord
Standaman94
F4H Lotterer
LMR DarthMario
TheAngryPudding
CQR Rogue
62 posters

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 25 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked]

Post by HCR generaltso Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 6:17

Richy59 wrote:Played the one lap demo of various cars today, game is very different from previous Forza games. It's a new engine and new physics model - and I'm not a pad racer - but it took me about three turns to get a feel for it. Cars are more sensitive and loose, but you can feel the weight of the cars a bit better. Rumble triggers are so weird and a little off putting at first. Graphics arrests outstanding, visual cues around the circuits like marshals and crowds is a nice touch and fully animated. Didn't get any replay views or much else other than one lap. Not sure what I can discuss much outside of playing the game and what we chatted about.
headlights?

windscreen wipers?
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 25 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked]

Post by Richy59 Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 8:23

I didn't see anything to indicate that headlights and wipers were usable. Debris and dirt from the track covers the car.

I know a few things that will be a disappointment to some people. In terms of the handling I knew on the first go that there will be a period of the community bitching and whinging about the new handling, but in the limited one lap demo I played I got used to it and started to get a feel for the cars. The R18 isn't the uber grip machine that current prototype cars in FM4 are, and FWD felt more unpredictable.

I think it'll be a new learning curve for everyone, and it is good to see a change in the formula. Brian and I did briefly discuss tyre wear and heat, and he basically said a one lap race on the cold tyres is widely different to having them warmed up and worn in after some time.

From what we chatted about yesterday it seems like they aren't just sticking with the tried and tested current physics they have and are working hard on something new. It is their first game on the new console so they will learn more as the years go on. They are also very excited to see what the FM5 races will look like on TORA TV Wink
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tsaFooT Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 10:42

tsaFooT
tsaFooT

TORA Race Number : 32
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2012-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 10:50

Yep cant wait Smile gonna be funny watching the moans then people realise oh tyre heat!
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Zakspeed Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 11:56

This was on Fanatec's facebook page earlier:

"Fanatec on next gen consoles

A few people are wondering why we are so quiet.
We will not make the mistake again to mention new things too early. We will announce something new if production is about to start. We are working on several products for several platforms and every one of our new products will set a new benchmark as they did in the past.
We are also trying hard to protect the investment of our existing customers by making our current products upwards compatible. But we cannot confirm that before the final consoles are released.

Thomas"

I like the sound of the Forza 5 handling. The harder it is the more rewarding it would be to complete a 24 hour event. Really looking forward to it Very Happy 
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Zakspeed

TORA Race Number : 62
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2012-07-19

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 12:00

Interesting Smile Did you see much of damage?

Here's a video of said lap...

Interesting things of note;
- Car selection shows the rear of the car
- Driver flexes his hands at the start
- Tyre heat on the right of the speedo
- Music pipes up as you close in on the finish line

Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 12:05

music will be switched off lol
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 12:41

SelectiveRogue wrote:music will be switched off lol
+1 First thing I do, in any game, is turn the music off.

On a side note, why can't they ever post up a video of someone doing a lap who has actually heard of a driving game, let alone someone who's used to Forza. Every single one I've seen the driver doesn't have the ability to go around one corner.
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 13:43

I couldn't drive the track in my first go, so even a video of me would have been embarrassing. I was lucky enough to be in after hours so was able to get a few shots and get used to the game. Those people probably waited 2 hours in line for a one lap shot.

It annoyed me that bumper cam and bonnet cam angles have been changed. Bumper has been my default cam since Forza 1 and now it is way too low. Bonnet was better.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 13:59

BG Hainesy wrote:
SelectiveRogue wrote:music will be switched off lol
+1 First thing I do, in any game, is turn the music off.

On a side note, why can't they ever post up a video of someone doing a lap who has actually heard of a driving game, let alone someone who's used to Forza. Every single one I've seen the driver doesn't have the ability to go around one corner.
+1

I always thought it was because people are just filming press or visitors playing it.
Surely some of them can drive though Razz

Edit
Thinking about it Richy thats a good point re new game v expert, You try to bomb it and look good and end up eating gravel.
Eurogamer 2 years ago I remember deliberately taking it easy to get a feel for the car, I guess with one lap you don't get that luxury

Last edited by LastNewtStandin on Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 14:02; edited 2 times in total
LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

TORA Race Number : 55
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2012-12-03

http://www.forzauniverse.net

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 14:01

Oh has it gone to f1 bumber cam of scapping across the floor?
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 14:09

To be fair a lot real world 'bumper cams' are located down by the front splitter as it's the only open area to locate it without cutting openings into the boduwork. Have also seen them placed inside the light lenses on BTCC cars back in the day.
A nice low cam will look mega in replays but no, probably not the best for actual driving. Would quite like a realisitic rear view low down cam to matct that view. Will owrk particularly well with the IndyCars
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 14:18

.....or "Stock Car"/TASCAR footage/replays
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 15:17

Still with gamescon over with we should start to see more car and track reveals pretty soon.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 15:21

Richy59 wrote:The R18 isn't the uber grip machine that current prototype cars in FM4 are
Oh god XD. R18 didn't look so twichy in the videos I've seen though?

Texaspotatolord

TORA Race Number : 597
Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 15:57

BG Trash McNish wrote:Still with gamescon over with we should start to see more car and track reveals pretty soon.
Yeah I would say so. I reckon we will get a steady stream from now to November
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 21:57

TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 22:34

I know just havn't read much into it until now.

One thing iv been wondering, how come the BTCC managers want to ban forza users from replicating real life team liveries on the cars?

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 23:34

because they wanted too see forza 2 (5 years ago)

Any way cant wait to have a go
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 23:51

Can't wait either, I am SOOOOO Jealous of Richy!! Mad 
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 14:50

LMR WARSPITE wrote:I know just havn't read much into it until now.

One thing iv been wondering, how come the BTCC managers want to ban forza users from replicating real life team liveries on the cars?
Because BTCC is shown exclusively on ITV and they don't like it being shown elsewhere. Basically the livery would be associated more with Forza rather than ITV to fans.
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 14:58

Ah okay, thank's for clearing it up Stan.

Kinda suck's though, surely it would only help them more if people were racing around in BTCC liveries, granted not many would have the chance to be broadcast like we will have on MotorsTV (Hence the ban), but any reference to the sport they host would only help gain viewers for them.

Oh well, one of those things in life I guess haha, can't wait for our version, the TCC to start Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 15:43

if the Monza rumors are true, i sure hope the oval is included. hello new TASCAR venue!
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 16:47

That'd be right mad. I used to race it regularly on GPL. Awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome layout.
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next