TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion

+41
CQR Basher
Ax4x Chaddy
TFR Magic
RBHMScarhand
totlxtc
CQR HABURi
SorrySmithy
aggerdo
Slider S15
GTR Mike V
Amarth
Richy59
GLR mar B ond
LastNewtStandin
Mavrick 0
PLOW tubbi
Turbo Power 77
CQR Vapor
Ax4x Cowboy
Standaman94
Beanz
CQR NEON
I Ray P Dave I
BG Wumba
CQR Myles
CQR Rogue
TheAngryPudding
Ax4x Mikey J
theboomeranga
LMR Sahara
TG Wormburner
Koenigsegg R
Ax4x Kane
CQR Jono
TPR Watkin
Ax4x Bandit
TLR Scrublord
CQR Aero
CQR Deuce
JAMIE ANDERS0N
CQR D4N13L
45 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion

Post by CQR Aero Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 1:49

TG Wormburner wrote:An F1 team can't find a Vettel, let alone Vettel, Hamilton, and Alonso on the street to fill in for a race over the course of a season which is effectively what CQR has done.
Sorry, I really don't understand what you're getting at here. Are you suggesting that reserve/substitute drivers should be limited to slow ones?

There's really nothing nefarious about it. Someone says "I can't make Round X, does anyone want to fill in for me?" and then someone says "I will".

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 W9Zxp6dMSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 AcRCGdgMSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 MNafhU3MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 Wz5UuVmMSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 KUxkD1yMSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 W1XKgn0MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 VSaZmbSMSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 WgsuLHS

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 Sig10
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion

Post by Guest Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 1:49

Worm your entire argument is based on an complete misunderstanding of how driver substitution points are awarded at TORA. If you don't race, you don't score - your sub doesn't score points FOR you in your absence. All they can do is help your TEAM, which is what CQR's substitutions have done.

Team Gizmo could easily have asked, for example, Koenigsegg and TPR Box to substitute in the Volvo, combined with Haydo that is a formidable 3 driver team, but it's not for me to manage your driver and team operations. All of CQR's driver substitutions have compiled with a) TCC rules and b) TORA Sporting Regulations. Haydo vacating a team he has raced for in 12 races to substitute in another team (by his own admission to get a faster car) does not IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 1:58

Berty round 1 and 2 ran the Megane as a privateer.

Round 3 he subs in a SEAT. Same race another sub comes into the same squad (Daniel).

You weren't griping here.
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 Bd454fff730b61adef3c8214addcf7b4
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Sahara Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 2:01

So guys how was your day? Razz 
LMR Sahara
LMR Sahara

TORA Race Number : 195
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2012-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 2:02

MATT PASTRAMNI wrote:So guys how was your day? Razz 
Awful because of fm.net.

I'm also not upset at CQR, just pointing some things out. Get along with those guys as much as anyone.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 2:21

Worm, who died and made you admin?

what you are saying is completely out of context about CQR, what they have done is in the rules, none of the drivers were SIGNED UP for the series when they subbed to help out the team when drivers were away

what Haydo is planning on doing is the complete opposite, he is changing teams to a stronger car for an event to gain points for himself and that team so he can stay in contention to win the DC, which is exploiting a loophole in the rules which is pretty low, and i have a lot of respect for Haydo, i try to mirror myself off of him, so i'm not targeting him as an enemy, but it's just the wrong way to go after a hotly sought after championship title
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 2:25

CRA Erebus wrote:Worm, who died and made you admin?
Who made you the extraordinary being that you are that says people can't have and share an opinion/concern?

I said what Hayden is doing isn't anymore correct than what CQR did (they've also done the same thing already). Maybe you should have read a few posts above where Berty did the same exact thing to no protest.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Sahara Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 2:27

TG Wormburner wrote:
CRA Erebus wrote:Worm, who died and made you admin?
Who made you the extraordinary being that you are that says people can't have and share an opinion/concern?
Correct me if im wrong, but im sure erebus is expressing opinion and concern right there (what you quoted)
LMR Sahara
LMR Sahara

TORA Race Number : 195
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2012-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 2:27

i did read it thank you very much
and i'm not saying no one can have an opinion
i'm just saying people should justify themselves more and make understand the rules of a series more before joining
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 2:30

CRA Erebus wrote:i did read it thank you very much
and i'm not saying no one can have an opinion
i'm just saying people should justify themselves more and make understand the rules of a series more before joining
Which means that what is being done is even more right. It's in the rules that this is actually okay!
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 2:31

not exactly
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 5:47

CQR MAGiC wrote:Because all those driver substitutions were made to replace a driver who was unable to attend that round (work, other commitments etc), which is the intention of the driver substitution rule.

Haydo has already admitted that he is using this rule to move from the team he signed up for to a more competitive car to give himself a competitive advantage, not to replace a driver who is unable to attend. That is not the same thing at all and breaches the TORA Sporting Regulations.
Well, may I clarify one thing: I have recently taken a job driving a delivery truck on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Sense Haydo is taking my place in my Lexus, that part actually is in line with a couple sentences in the post I quoted.

Due to work, I am unable to attend, and Haydo happened to be the best driver available to fill my spot.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 7:10

Well... This escalated quickly!

For what it's worth, and as I'm on my phone I shan't be quoting the sections of the rules that people have been quoting, the way I see it is a team needed a driver, the driver that offered to sub in just happens to be near the top in the title, but that shouldn't make a difference! The rule I've seen says that subs can be made from any team and the driver will score points for himself and that team at that round.
Granted, I saw the message that's been quoted about him hoping to stand more of a chance in the new car, but frankly what relevance is it?! If you have a rule that says you can switch cars, gaining an advantage by doing so shouldn't be an issue, unless he's creating a brand new team with the obvious sole intention of winning the drivers.

If by some absolute miracle i was fast enough to run with you guys and had been offered the chance to drive that car, would the same argument be occurring? Because surely I'd be interfering in the title run in

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 7:19

Michael, had you accepted the offer yesterday, you would be in my Lexus Twisted Evil 

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 7:21

For some reason my old email account gets my AX4X emails so it was only this morning I saw the thread :L

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 8:09

TG Wormburner wrote:Berty round 1 and 2 ran the Megane as a privateer.

Round 3 he subs in a SEAT. Same race another sub comes into the same squad (Daniel).

You weren't griping here.
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 Bd454fff730b61adef3c8214addcf7b4
two subs were used in one race because 1) I was working a night shift 2) Phil was working late. If you notice mid season we used the rule correctly for our subs then we took advantage of the mid eason driver swap which was allowed as Phil could not make the remaining races so Berty joined Prodrive. Berty wasnt going to sign up orignally but chose to last minute after the teams had been organised but as real life interferred we had to make a change.

The subs were both used to score TEAM points not for that driver to gain an advantage and race in a quicker car just because he cant tune a car to run the same times. No one in the SEAT for CQR changed teams just for sunset just because the Leon was .7 tenths off the race pace we stuck with it.

EDIT: To go with another post can I ask who allowed Jono through? His chances of being in this title race at the wire have been his own doing, he proved this on a iRacing BTCC league last night by going from back to front in a spec series.

Last edited by CQR CHRiS on Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 9:27; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 8:50

All please keep debate at civil mature level which is fine so long as it stays as within our t&c's nothing has been done all what has been asked and debated are questions.

Kilroy I am glad you stopped last night, smart move.

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 10:42

Any response on my car balancing enquiry?
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 11:07

Replied to you

Regards

JAMIE ANDERS0N (0 = a number) previously BG Chucky 82

TORA

Follow me on Twitter: JAMIE__ANDERS0N

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 I6ugkpwMSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 10YNCX2MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion - Page 3 SBgWF6e
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 11:10

SelectiveRogue wrote:Kilroy I am glad you stopped last night, smart move.
jocolor
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 11:12

BG Chucky 82 wrote:Replied to you
Okay thank you anyway
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 12:39

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Well, may I clarify one thing: I have recently taken a job driving a delivery truck on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Sense Haydo is taking my place in my Lexus, that part actually is in line with a couple sentences in the post I quoted.

Due to work, I am unable to attend, and Haydo happened to be the best driver available to fill my spot.
Thanks Mikey! So after pages and pages of discussion and debate, we now know the real reason the joint championship leader, TG Haydo, wants to ditch his venerable Volvo - to help out Flying Mikey J who now has to work and can't race. Why didn't he just say so in the first place - everyone would understand why a driver in 20th placed Team Gizmo would rather help rival Pepsi Max AFR team in 18th place score more points than the team he signed up for!

What a magnanimous thing for TG Haydo to do at such a pivotal point in the championship, to leave his trusty car that he's tuned and raced all season long to jump into a another team in their time of need. All those reports of the Lexus being 0.7s quicker around here and posts blaming the change on the poor slow Volvo certainly had me fooled!:

TG Haydo wrote:"I've done around 70 laps prep & tried every possible build & no 32's. I need to be in the 32's for a shout of A lobby/competing for the championship."

"I've been driving the volvo all season which isn't exactly competitive and as soon as I plan on driving a car that can compete you all start moaning"

"I could sit here & tune the volvo all week and never hit that lap again. Alot of thought went into making this decision & I want to best my chances to win. "

"All I want is the chance to compete with CQR for the title, as opposed to watching them running away with all 3 spots on the podium!"
But alas, none of that was behind the decision, it was all about helping Mikey, who has to work and can't drive his Lexus next week. All hail TG Haydo, it's wonderful to see in this age of sarcasm and cynicism that the true spirit of fairness and competition toward your competitors triumphs over winning at all costs. I look forward to seeing the Pepsi Max AFR Lexus make it's A lobby debut on Tuesday!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 12:55

Well... that was one way to keep a thread active lol.

We've read every post, every comment, and every part of the argument in this debate, and even though its sounds weird, Thank you for sharing your sides of it, where the issue kept mature and on-subject we were listening and taking notes, as this is how we can learn to improve the site for the future, and for everyone.

Hopefully we can move on, we now know about the loophole that NONE of the active staff or CT's has ever noticed, including myself, but nevertheless it is not so much being exploited as helping a friend's team keep going for the last race, so I do hope that is the end of it.

Remember, keep it civil and on-subject, and we can all learn from it.

Thank You.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 12:58

Personally next season I would prefer to see no team members able to sub only privateers and also subs only score 95% of points. That way the team still benefits than having a no show but puts people off being a sub to gain a advantage in standings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 13:00

Or subs only score for teams championship, problem solved. If they're a sub, they're not entering the whole championship, so awarding them drivers points isn't necessary, they're there to help the team so only the team should score. But like Chris said, the rules are the rules that are written now and that is what has to be enforced, but it's good to be able to have a mature and through debate about how they can be improved in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next