TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 8 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread

+38
BG Wingnut396
RW26 BLAZE
JOSHSIGGY
LloydTheAndroid
Speed Dem0n 64
CQR CHRiS
TSR Eyles
Morne in Glory
ll Taku ll
xICEMANx41
SFM Benedict
AdamWatson99
I Ray P Dave I
ATP Wheelwash
CQR NEON
Turbo Power 77
LMR Hybrid
TLR Scrublord
F4H Button
MaynardMK4
CQR Rich
CQR Aero
connor7195
SVR Solar
Rustyducktape
HoBo x
HCR Super T
Matt
Oddball7000
Diablo 29x
David Hurt
exp1osive sam
GoldieTypeR
Standaman94
neilracing07
KZX Spider
jonnotheone
ATR DAN
42 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread

Post by ATR DAN Fri 6 Mar 2015 - 19:54

Just wanted to clarify something before this weekends race which is the issue with Eau Rouge & the corner cutting issue.

It's gonna be tricky to tackle under racing conditions because a number of factors can come into play, like avoiding an incident that may occur for example. But under qualifying & ideally in the race as well (but again, it'll be hard for us to govern), every competitor should respect the track limits as defined on the circuit.
We had a similar at the first round at Silverstone International where you could run wide at Chapel curve which lead on the start finish straight and it wouldn't affect your laptimes. However, there was no defining line which prevented anyone from taking advantage of running wide at that turn. As you can see in these photo's, the white line & curbing defines the edge of the circuit and everyone should respect it at all times. Here's two samples of the correct way; keeping at least 2 wheels on the circuit. And the incorrect way which is running all 4 wheels off the track.
If anyone suggests that it'll be difficult to perform this, then the best possible solution is to take Eau Rouge just a little slower which will mean that running wide at the top of the hill won't be an issue.

And I know that running a certain amount off the racing line doesn't effect your laptimes, but it doesn't mean that everyone should be taking liberties with using excessive amounts off the circuit. We'll see how this turns out in practice but I think it would be very appreciative if we all could give this a try.

If anyone has any questions or issues they'd like to bring up, then please speak your mind. All feedback is very welcome and we would love to hear your thoughts on this or anything to do with TORA Smile

TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 8 1_righ10

TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 8 2_wron10
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup - General Discussion Thread

Post by ll Taku ll Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 20:22

Embarassed
ll Taku ll
ll Taku ll

TORA Race Number : 330
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR CHRiS Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 22:29

Good night's racing, not much contact at all. A bit to much of Eau Rougue being cut and one massive jump start but other then that yeh not to bad.
CQR CHRiS
CQR CHRiS

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2015-01-08

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 22:43

CQR CHRiS wrote:Good night's racing, not much contact at all. A bit to much of Eau Rougue being cut and one massive jump start but other then that yeh not to bad.

Mate, I didn't jump the start. You can check the replay for yourself as I'm doing currently. I went on Go as soon as the pole man, Ian, shouted go. And I didn't overtake either yourself or Nick before we crossed the start/finish line.
You were just a little slow on reaction time. If you look at Ian, he's off before anyone. That's what I like about rolling starts is it gives the ultimate test to see who's got the best reactions. And I'm normally pretty good at them.

But anyway rant over! #lol Razz After the disappointment of Long Beach, that was a far more enjoyable race. Not just from my perspective but for the lobby as a whole. Obviously, being a different sort of track helps. But race 1 was epic between Nick, Chris & Speed Dem0n. Was thoroughly enjoyable. Just wished I had saved the replay Sad Sad
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR NEON Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 22:51

tbh there is no reaction time when you can hear someone saying 3,2,1 go as you know when to go, going off a race timer would work better i feel.
CQR NEON
CQR NEON

TORA Race Number : 255
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR CHRiS Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 22:52

To jump 3 cars before turn 1 in a spec car all apparently doing the same speed to the 3-2-1-Go and going at same point you would make half a car lenght not 3 cars. The rules state standing starts yet we don't seem to do them, they also state no subs allowed but thats different.
Have to say this has been a shambles organisation wise, the staff had to be reminded to get a sign up thread done this week.
CQR CHRiS
CQR CHRiS

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 23:15

Ermmm...... A shambles you say?!?!?!
Have you heard anyone else complaining about how this series is run? And whether the championship is a load of rubbish? NOPE Smile Smile

The only reason why there wasn't a sign in thread until the start of this week was because I was feeling under the weather the previous week which prevented me from doing my activities on the forums. Also, I couldn't ask someone else in the Staffing team to do my job because they were all incredibly busy behind the scenes to try & bring more series and championships for you all to compete in.

And I'm not gonna reply about the start again because I've made my point & don't want to drag it on further!

If you're not happy with how this championship has been, then you don't have to compete in it anymore. Simple as! Rolling Eyes
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR CHRiS Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 23:22

I have to say every week I've heard people complain but yeh lets not get into that.

Again no clarification as to why its run differently on the race night to what the rules state, glad I can't make the final round at least that way I can't witness another jump start which was quite clearly called out at the point of it happening.

Oh well enjoy road atlanta short as I'm sure the MR2's are gonna be enjoying being smashed off as every gets impatient to pass..
CQR CHRiS
CQR CHRiS

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by ONR Baby Jet 3 Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 0:41

Enjoyed tonight's racing, was good to be back in a series. Good close racing just need to stop ruining the gearbox!
ONR Baby Jet 3
ONR Baby Jet 3

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wingnut396 Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 15:59

After the first round which i thought worked well so why couldnt we do a parade lap then do the standing start cause i feel that works so much better and considering this is your first series you should have kept it simple and try not to complicate things.
And before anyone decides to jump down my throat i am only trying to help cause the series has not gone too bad.
There is one thing i will state especially when it comes to higher spec cars overtaking they are to go around and not dive bomb on the inside or trying to do near impossible overtakes.
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

TORA Race Number : 148
Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 16:37

Also cutting back on track after the two teamates went off is day one stuff....no si but for real guys....smh
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

TORA Race Number : 33
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2012-11-17

http://neinshiza.net84.net  neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 22:18

Can I have my winners ribbon now or do I have to wait lol....
jonnotheone
jonnotheone

TORA Race Number : 66
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Raceboy77 Sun 22 Mar 2015 - 21:42

Good racing everyone and congrats to the race winners and two points champions!
The first race seemed to go much smoother than the second one but oh well, it's racing Smile.
Raceboy77
Raceboy77

TORA Race Number : 790
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2013-07-31

http://www.twitch.tv/raceboy77

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Sun 22 Mar 2015 - 22:47

The final standings have now been completed. Smile

Many congratulations to everyone of our champions from this series, starting with the GT86-F Championship going to CQR Neon, the MR2 honours going deservingly to CQR Takumi after an utter domination in the category.
The Privateers champions as well. Can't forget you guys also. Very well done to jonnotheone and BG Wingnut396 for clinching the privateers in both classes.
And last but no means least, the teams championship going to Close Quarters Racing with CQR TRD just 11 points behind. Very close indeed.

1st

This series has had its ups & downs with a great deal of experience and lessons learned, but I would like to thank each and everyone of you who has taken the chance to compete in this series and I hope you've all had fun a long the way.
And my many thanks to those in the CT & Marshal's team who've helped to run the qualifying and race lobbies each time we go racing. Couldn't have done my job without the great team we have here.

We hope to see the return of the Rogue Motorsport Cup again in the future but only time will tell. Thanks everyone Cheers
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by connor7195 Sun 22 Mar 2015 - 23:15

Got an idea for a series if it ever comes about, Classic Touring Cars. Using the Mini Cooper, Lotus Cortina and BMW 2002 with perhaps some American V8's like the old Mustangs. I've seen them race before so could be an idea to replicate on here.
connor7195
connor7195

TORA Race Number : 390
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddball7000 Sun 22 Mar 2015 - 23:36

connor7195 wrote:Got an idea for a series if it ever comes about, Classic Touring Cars. Using the Mini Cooper, Lotus Cortina and BMW 2002 with perhaps some American V8's like the old Mustangs. I've seen them race before so could be an idea to replicate on here.

like this?

i'm going to redo this on fm5

http://neinshiza.forumotion.com/t686-october-15-week-off-spot-championship

Oddball7000

TORA Race Number : 970
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Mon 23 Mar 2015 - 14:59

connor7195 wrote:Got an idea for a series if it ever comes about, Classic Touring Cars. Using the Mini Cooper, Lotus Cortina and BMW 2002 with perhaps some American V8's like the old Mustangs. I've seen them race before so could be an idea to replicate on here.

You never know mate. Not giving too much away but something similar might crop up really soon. Wink
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Mon 23 Mar 2015 - 15:07

We have one more task to perform this evening which is to determine the winner of the TORA Rogue Motorsport Cup poster.

To be eligible for this, you would need to have competed in at least 4 of the 6 rounds of this championship. Going through the list, we have 16 people who are entitled to enter this competition. Unfortunately, I'm not eligible because I'm a staff member. DAMM IT! #lol Razz

Anyway, how this is gonna work is simple. Beside the names of the racers in the list below is a number. When there number gets drawn out of the hat (or bowl), that will be the person who wins the poster.

1 - CQR NEON
2 - Speed Dem0n 64
3 - oddball7000
4 - RiverMerc KB
5 - Montessa Mike
6 - hunty1981
7 - jonnotheone
8 - CQR Rich
9 - XPR EGGY
10 - LXR Mario
11 - CQR Takumi
12 - BG Wingnut396
13 - CQR Aero
14 - connor7195
15 - paul299
16 - wrcfreak55

I'll be announcing the winner at 8PM this evening (just under 5 hours time) :-)
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Mon 23 Mar 2015 - 20:00

Here we go then folks.

The winner of the TORA Rogue Motorsport Poster issss......

ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Mon 23 Mar 2015 - 20:44

Congrats to the Winners Smile and congratz to Montessa Mike for winning the Poster nicely done and good Championship in all fairness, i just didnt have the time 2 keep competing with all the other Series i was running Smile But Congrats again guys Smile
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Raceboy77 Mon 23 Mar 2015 - 21:35

ATR DAN wrote:Here we go then folks.

The winner of the TORA Rogue Motorsport Poster issss......

Lookin' damn fine bro.

Congrats mike!
Raceboy77
Raceboy77

TORA Race Number : 790
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2013-07-31

http://www.twitch.tv/raceboy77

Back to top Go down

Post by TSR Eyles Tue 24 Mar 2015 - 21:15

Thanks for that. Great racing over the season and i look foward to driving with you all again in the future
TSR Eyles
TSR Eyles

TORA Race Number : 496
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2014-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone Mon 30 Mar 2015 - 14:39

Do I get a ribbon for winning privateers'..?????
jonnotheone
jonnotheone

TORA Race Number : 66
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8